Fri, Oct 4, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Please report any BUG issues with the new site in this thread only!

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 4:00 PM

Quote - hey I deleted all of my Artists favs and yet I am STILL getting notices?! o0 MAKE THEM STOP!!!

Seriously are these dang things stuck in there??? I don't like this! :(

Ariana

Ariana,

When did you remove your favorites? The batch job had an issue and hasn't run for 2 days so I know you havent' gotten any new notifications in two days. The ones you are seeing on your page (the older events) are probably ones you got before you removed artists from your favorites list correct?

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 4:16 PM

Something is going on with the notifications batch job but the programmers are working on it, FYI

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 24 September 2011 at 8:17 PM

Okay the programmers should have the issue fixed so notifications are back up and running:)

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sun, 25 September 2011 at 12:47 PM

The last notice I rec'd was 4 hours ago!!!

I have 0 fav artist notifications on. Does this mean I have to actually remove ALL of my fav artists to make this stop? Stacey this is an ill concieved idea not to allow us to delete these notices, or to opt out of them all together. I don't want them at all. Weither I don't have to look at them they exist, therefore they mess with my mind!

IT should be able to install a delete or an opt out feature for gallery notices. One thing is this feature only for the galleries? Or is it also meant for site notices about sales, or special events too? Because I am not clear on that. Please don't consider this a request!!! Just asking.

I would much rather have the e-mails back. At least those can be discarded after viewing the pictures!

One person's improvement is literally turning out to be another person's bane!

HugZ!
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 9:45 AM

Okay I thought you meant you removed favorite artists altogether not just the email notification. You will still receive them because that is not based on your email settings at the current time.

I'm sorry the notifications page bothers you but it's your choice to view the notification events or not and at this current time it will remain like it is, I'm sorry.

Right now it's just for the galleries but soon it will include other notifications from other areas of the site.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2011 at 8:46 AM · edited Sat, 01 October 2011 at 8:48 AM

OK, I understand that this darn notices cannot be deleted.... BUT GADS PLEASE STOP THEM!

I mean I have a TON more of them and I deselected every artist I fav'd from getting notices when they post. So WHY am I getting them??? And I still have notices coming to me in the last hour!

Stacey please listen to the site members. This has to stop. If there is someone I really want to see posts, I couldn't find them because some members, even ones you have fav'd in the past, post the limit everyday! Not that that is bad. But I don't need a notice of it.

I know that you feel that these can be ignored. Well, the site should be friendly to us, not have a lot of nuisance features that we cannot modify or opt out of! I remember you made us clear out a lot of e-mail once (*and I did not want to lose all of my DM, and OOT links to my freebies), because it was creating clutter and wasting bandwidth. Well this is so much worse when multiplied by the thousands of members getting bots on gallery images!!!

I fail to see why members concerns on this is not important to RO and the team. Please reinstate the emails, because it seems that the site is getting messier and messier by the day. I want my RO to be pretty and functional! Not have a lot of geegaw junk on it. OMGDDSS!!! Can you imagine if I had linked my cell to the site notifications!? That would be a potential mess. At least with e-mails we had the ability to delete them.

OK, seriously. I love RO. But you see I am not the only one unhappy with this feature. So why is an 'OPT OUT' or 'Receive E-mails Only' not an option for us? This is a fair request. And it puts the ability to manage our accounts back into our hands where it should be. There are some artists I want to be notified of because they post rarely, but are worth viewing when they do. Then there are others that post so often it would be a full time job just to keep up!

PLEASE take this request seriously and have the IT people fix this. 

In the meantime I am going to un-fav everyone of my fav'd artists and hopefully that will fix this until the site bug is repaired. This will stop the notices right?

One last thing, does these notices apply to any other feature except the galleries? I mean this is not how RO will send us other notices as well??? Please let me know on that.

Sorry for the rant, but "It exists, therefore it is angst!" or something like that.

Have a good day Stacey! (*ya know this is about the notices, not you!) :D I still wuvs ya!!!

HugZ!
Ariana

I would post a SS, but I would not want to hurt anyone's feelings, ya know what I mean?
~A~

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sat, 01 October 2011 at 9:21 AM

Stacey please listen to the site members.

yes. the TWO that have complained..... (and one of those was a passing comment).

obivously this is a HUGE ISSUE.... sigh

*(compared to the chat still not working right, the search being next to useless, the editor double spacing bug on line breaks (now into it's 2nd year!), the image upload problem where if you hit preview it counts as your upload...... aaand so on....)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 5:56 AM

Attached Link: The affected thread

There's an annoying display error in the Poser forum.  One of the threads is wider than the standard width and the side banners are overlaying it, making it nigh on impossible to read.

Any fix for this?

I'm using Opera 11.51 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 9:36 AM

This was fixed awhile back so I'm not sure why it's happening again but I've forwarded to the programmers:)

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 1:46 PM

maybe it thought you were bored Stacey!? hehehehehehe....... :P

HuggerZ!
Me!

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 4:36 PM

LOL, I'm a lot of things but bored is NEVER one of them heehee

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2011 at 9:22 PM

:P ha!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 8:38 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

right.

the turn OFF daily digest is not working. yesterday, I went to notifications, unchecked the box, got the red message saying my preferences were set.

and today, I get the daily digest. yay. so I've turned it off AGAIN. lets see if I get the ****ing thing tomorrow.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 10:22 AM

Let me know Khai.

BTW, I am discussing all the feedback from members with the team

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 10:24 AM

the opt out is not working... I just checked and it's ticked again.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2011 at 3:31 PM

Tommy just did some changes so it should be now. Let me know:)

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 9:03 AM

yup looks like it's holding now Stacey, thanks!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 9:29 AM

FYI In reviewing of all the feedback regarding the site notification email system, we've reintroduced gallery ebots and we will be looking at incorporating customizable options on the site notification page.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 10:07 AM

yes.. I thought it was strange going the "all or nothing" route when other that offer a digest version offer single emails or a digest....

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2011 at 11:21 AM

😊

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 5:11 AM

aand here's a daily digest in my mail. I don't think the opt out is working ....

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 14 October 2011 at 9:21 AM

Dang, okay Khai let me get with Tommy when he gets in:(  Sorry

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 11:52 AM

it stopped...until today...and it's back again. it's the daily unwanted digest!

and checking... yup I'm shown as not receiving them...

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 1:02 PM

Yeah mine did too. uggggh. Going to Tommy's office now:)

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 1:02 PM

He's at lunch but I'm sending him an email now to come see me when he gets back:)

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 1:25 PM

Uh oh - summoned to the headmistresses office :biggrin:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2011 at 11:03 PM

Quote - Uh oh - summoned to the headmistresses office :biggrin:

That's where she keeps her whip ;).

Laurie

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 8:03 AM

2011-10-18 Notifications Summary for bagginsbill
There are zero (0) notifications to report for yesterday.

I am available for software development consulting.

(Here's a hint)

def sendDailyDigest(items):

if (len(items) == 0): return

# remainder of code that sends the digest goes here

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 11:14 AM

BAGGINSBILL: HELLO!  ....

Reminds OLD geezer TallPockets of ''THE KEYSTONE COPS'' ....

SMILES .........

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 11:23 AM

STACEYG: HELLO! ....

Q: Would OFTEN seeing ''waiting for qksz.net" and having this old man's web page 'freeze' up for LONG period of times, while TRYING to  peruse the MARVELOUS members' Galleries here at the Renderosity site, be considered an appropriate 'BUG' issue to report? ....

IF YES, T.P. is reporting such .... Q: ANY IDEAS on how to stop/fix/correct this 'issue'? .... THANKS, in advance, for ANY/ALL suggestions .... MUCH appreciated ....

btw: Sounds like this 'TOMMY' guy above has his work cut out for him after reading this entire thread and commentary .... (Even KHAI J BACH has some 'questions' about the setups involved in the 'notification' system, etc.  and T.P. read/saw earlier he used the 'F' word within a post of his .... TOS?) ....

My BEST to you and yours .... TallPockets

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 12:22 PM

I'd like to report a bug. seems tallpockets editing window does random caps. can this be fixed? it's a shame he has to suffer this problem.

as to my swearing since I did use the Language advisory as per TOS, please mind your own business.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 1:29 PM

Quote - I'd like to report a bug. seems tallpockets editing window does random caps. can this be fixed? it's a shame he has to suffer this problem.

as to my swearing since I did use the Language advisory as per TOS, please mind your own business.

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 1:39 PM

Y'know Laurie, every time I see your Avatar I grin to myself

(as another Frank)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Cimarron ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2011 at 6:37 PM

I'm having problems with rendo since the last change was implemented, it's so slow, with all the aff progs and links and the last to load is fb, is there an option to turn off fb rendo if you don't want it?

There have been a few times when I found looking for product just too slow and gave up!
Please help, it wasn't like this before so I don't know what happened.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2011 at 7:55 PM

Quote - I'm having problems with rendo since the last change was implemented, it's so slow, with all the aff progs and links and the last to load is fb, is there an option to turn off fb rendo if you don't want it?

There have been a few times when I found looking for product just too slow and gave up!
Please help, it wasn't like this before so I don't know what happened.

If you use Firfox, there are numerous addons to get rid of the ads, the links and the social site links as well. NoScript and AdBlock are both very good. If you get the addon Stylish you don't even need to look at that "gag me" screaming cyan anymore ;).

Laurie

Cimarron ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2011 at 8:24 PM

Think I'll have to go back to using firefox...thank you;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.