Thu, Sep 19, 6:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Photography Forum Challenge - November 2011 - "Warm Colors"

kgb224 ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 5:52 AM

Felicity,lovely warm colors in your second upload. God Bless.

Feliciti ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 6:17 AM

thank you so much :)

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 7:28 AM

It's a lovely capture, Susanne.
There is a beautiful glow on the leaves.

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 7:33 AM

OH WOW! Just glowing and very beautiful, Feliciti/Susan/Susanne....Which name do you prefare? I am confused :)

Feliciti ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 7:41 AM

Susanne it's ok  lol  ...call me as you like

thank you so much you both :)

Meisiekind ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 9:07 AM

Susanne - both your candle image and autumn leaves are gorgeous and perfect for the challenge!

Thank you for sharing those beauties!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

myrrhluz ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 12:32 PM

Thanks, Christo! Beautiful images, Susanne! I love the soft glow and circles of your first image and the rich colors, contrast, and detail of your second.

emmecielle ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 12:38 PM

Mario, Lucinda, Mies, Helle, Susanne...  Your images are very beautiful!

Congratulatuions to you all!  :-)

emmecielle ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 12:43 PM · edited Mon, 07 November 2011 at 12:43 PM

Oops... I missed the second page! Sorry!
Christo, Wayne, Carin... the colours of your pictures are really very warm! Congratulations to you too! :-)

myrrhluz ( ) posted Mon, 07 November 2011 at 12:46 PM

Thanks, Maria! I'm forever missing pages. :)

dashboard_jehovah ( ) posted Wed, 09 November 2011 at 10:28 PM

file_475060.jpg

Sandhill Cranes migration...added some clouds to the sky only....was a dreary and grey day...had to give the atmosphere a little help.

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 1:41 AM

Love the warm autumn colors of the three Dashboard.

Outstanding photography.

God BLess.

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 2:25 AM

Stunning shot with the warm colors on the distance, but also all the birds. Looks fantastic, Dashboard.

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:03 AM

file_475069.jpg

A panorama image I took in a nature reservation area that belongs to the village I live in. It's a beautiful spot to walk through the woods and see the fens. The area is known to have lots of different types of frogs and toads. Some of which are even unique to our country.

Yvonne

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:10 AM

file_475070.jpg

A top view of some mushrooms I encountered in the area of the panorama shot above.

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:10 AM

Stunning pano wit lots of warm colors.

Outstanding photography.

God Bless.

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:11 AM

Yvonne lots of warm colors to be seen on the mushrooms.

Wonderful capture.

God Bless.

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:13 AM

file_475071.jpg

Ah... sunsets. Almost nothing beats a beautiful sunset. I've seen a couple in this thread and here's mine.

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:16 AM

Sunsets and sunrises is my favorite.

Like you say nothing beats a beatiful sunrise or sunset.

Perfect for the challenge.

Outstanding work Yvonne.

God Bless.

Meisiekind ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:33 AM

Oeeee - some wonderful new additions!

Wonderful warm images. Thank you for joining the fun!

"To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."

Elliott Erwitt

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 10:48 AM

Wonderful Panorama, Yvonne in beautiful warm colors.

And delicious pancakes.. oh eehh shrooms ;-)

And a lovely sunset indeed.  Awesome for the challenge all three, Yvonne.

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:26 AM

Thanks! :-D

emmecielle ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 11:56 AM

dashboard_jehovah, mountmous... your images are splendid! Congratulations! :-)

emmecielle ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:06 PM

file_475076.JPG

Fireworks light up the sky!   :-)

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:07 PM

Perfect Emmecielle.

Love the warm fireworks colors.

God Bless.

helanker ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:12 PM

Lovely fireworks indeed. :)

emmecielle ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:12 PM

Quote - Perfect Emmecielle.

Love the warm fireworks colors.

God Bless.

Many thanks! :-)

Meisiekind ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:15 PM

L O V E the fireworks. Great shot and lovely warm coloring!

Elliott Erwitt

emmecielle ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:22 PM

Helle, Carin... many thanks for your kind comments! :-)

mountmous ( ) posted Thu, 10 November 2011 at 12:35 PM

FIREWORKS!!! Beautiful!!

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 12:53 AM

Beautiful images added since I was last here.

Wonderful flock of Sandhill Cranes. I'd love to see them. 

Gorgeous pano, mushrooms and sunset.  I love the streaks across the sun in the sunset image.

Beautiful fireworks!  Wonderful contrast and sparkle.

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 1:44 PM · edited Sun, 13 November 2011 at 1:45 PM

file_475202.jpg

I took this as a texture shot, but the colors are just right for November's Challenge!  Believe it or not, this is the bathroom floor at a rest stop in Utah.  (I did amp up the colors, but didn't change their tones.)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 1:55 PM

file_475204.jpg

Leaving Colorado Springs on Hwy 24 and heading into the Rocky Mountains, the color of the earth is amazing.  Afternoon light shows it off.  (Up here in the PNW we have a lot of gray rock.  Reds and oranges are exotic to my Northern eyes!)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 2:02 PM

file_475205.jpg

This one is already in my gallery, but it was such a classic example I couldn't resist!  I did warm it up a little for this forum, but not much.  Autumn colors near Ogden, Utah.

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 2:13 PM

It's too late in the year for warm colors up here ... the light is just too gray ... so I resorted to pics I took last month.  :(   (Sorry about that, Carin!)   It was wonderful to look through everybody's challenge pics here and get ideas!   There's so much excellent work here so far this month.  Great stuff, everybody!  :)

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 2:32 PM

I like tha stone floor Tara :)  But I also like the warm colors of the rocks, not to mention the atumn shot :)

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 2:39 PM

Thanks!  :)  They were fun to do.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 3:01 PM

Amazing captures Tara.

Love all three captures.

God Bless.

emmecielle ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 3:46 PM

Splendid images, Tara! Congratulations! :-)

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 4:59 PM

Excellent images, Tara!  The bathroom floor seems to have ripples, which could be disorienting but is very pretty.  I love geological features.  There are some wonderful patterns in this one.  The last image is absolutely gorgeous.  I wish we had autumn color like this.  I wish we had autumn color at all, this year.  It's great to see it here!

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 7:13 PM

Thank you!  :)

The floor was actually perfectly flat.   It had texture (maybe 1/8" deep) but what really caught my eye was the color variation.  Between what they'd done to the floor and the light coming in from a window plus light fixtures, it was very pretty!

What struck me most about autumn in Colorado and Utah was that the leaves turn beautiful colors and stay DRY!  Up here, it rains a lot (as I'm sure you know) and the leaves are a sodden mass.  Listening to dry leaves rustling above our heads, kicking through drifts of dry crunchiness, was quite an experience, and was just as fantastic as the visuals!

Lashia ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 8:37 PM

file_475229.jpg

Wow an amazing group of photos, and a very suitable challenge for this month considering how beautifully warm the world is looking right about now! Kgb's photo is my favourite so far! 10/10 aspects of photography in this amazing, warm shot.

Here is my first contribution, a shot from my most recent photo shoot with Katie and Matt, a picture we took downtown Kelowna at the harbour :)

Lashia

Lashia ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 8:47 PM

file_475230.jpg

This is my second upload, which I also just added to my gallery! A shot from the fireworks at our halloween celebration. In the foreground you can see a mother holding her daughter, watching the fireworks being set off in the background :) a warm moment in warm colours

Lashia

auntietk ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 9:07 PM

I looked at your first shot, and was going to say you'd captured warm colors and a warm moment.  Then I saw your second shot, and saw you'd beaten me to it!  LOL!  Excellent images.

kgb224 ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 9:25 PM

Stunning uploads Lashia.

God Bless.

myrrhluz ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2011 at 10:13 PM

Beautiful images Lashia.  The first one radiates warm colors from the light on their faces and the highlights in her hair to the beautiful autumn colors in the trees.  I like how the second shot shows the people enjoying the fireworks too. 

Tara, I loved your descriptions of enjoying the dry crunchy leaves.  Here it never gets cold enough for most of the trees to bother with shedding their leaves.  Most of those that do seem rather embarrassed about it, turn them a nondescript brown, and try to  nonchalantly drop them to the ground when no one is looking. 

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2011 at 12:04 AM

Somehow this year ours are mostly turning part of the way, leaving them partially green and diseased looking!  I was fascinated to see how things happen differently in other parts of the country.  The only trees that don't shed their leaves here are evergreens.  Firs, cedars, rhododendrons, stuff like that.

helanker ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2011 at 2:25 AM

Bot shots are warm in both mood and colors, Lashia. Very lovely.

emmecielle ( ) posted Mon, 14 November 2011 at 4:07 PM

Splendid images, Lashia! :-)

Feliciti ( ) posted Tue, 15 November 2011 at 6:26 AM

file_475302.jpg

wonderful warm images  , mood and themes too of all!! need this at the cold days :)

now my third and last ...with warm sunshine for all

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.