Sun, Oct 6, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Final touches done on Sydney as Blaze

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2011 at 12:58 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:27 AM

file_475527.jpg

Doing the texture maps and rendering with AO showed some glaring errors I made in her mesh, but I don't think I am going to mess with it. It adds character, right?

I will post some larger pics later on. I am happy with her. I hope she passes muster with all of you.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2011 at 3:59 AM

hmmm - not quite.  her arms are disproportionately skinny compared to her legs, particularly her forearms.

Otherwise great. love the leg part of her costume and the mask is much better now.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2011 at 6:00 AM

The only way I can fix that is to add something to her costume for the arms. I think the legs look that way because of the leggings. They are extruded out pretty far to do away with poke-through. I could take them off, but they are my favorite part of the costume. I may look into making some sort of forearm thing for her...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

charlie43 ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2011 at 10:17 AM

Have to agree with Esther - her arms are kinda puny when compared to her boobs, legs and butt. She is a cool character, though, and will just need a little final tweaking to be great. Nice work, rokket...

C~ 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2011 at 1:23 PM · edited Wed, 23 November 2011 at 1:27 PM

Quote - Have to agree with Esther - her arms are kinda puny when compared to her boobs, legs and butt. She is a cool character, though, and will just need a little final tweaking to be great. Nice work, rokket...

C~ 

Well, that confirms it. I will definitely be adding to her suit. I am thinking of just something to cover her forearms, to keep with the design theme. No gloves. But I am wondering what it will do to her upper arms. I don't want a female version of Popeye. So I guess I will do something that starts at mid-bicept and down to the wrist. I will have to post some renders tomorrow when I get the arms done and get some opinions.

Thanks for the responses and the praise.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 3:44 AM

I like her bare arms though.  couldn't you just make her more muscular and beefy in the arms?

Love esther

geep ( ) posted Thu, 24 November 2011 at 7:34 AM · edited Thu, 24 November 2011 at 7:35 AM

OUCH!!!

That's gotta be one tough broad. :scared:

Nice work rokket. ....................  Rokket rokks ! 👍

Have you thought about making her "uniform" using a texture map ? :blink:
*(totally eliminates the pokethrough problem) - Just a thought. 😄

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 2:59 AM

I tried doing the texture map with her earlier. I posted a picture of it when I was trying to figure out how to make her glow. I decided to go this route because of how the script played out when I wrote it. I have grown attached to this suit, and I have the pieces for the arms done. I will post the render later on. I am not sure if I extruded the arm pieces enough to even her out.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 3:02 AM

Quote - I like her bare arms though.  couldn't you just make her more muscular and beefy in the arms?

Love esther

I will look into it. I think she has those morphs... I did the arm pieces with the same texture maps as her leggings, so it has the same flame pattern. I'll post the render tomorrow.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 4:19 AM

Well I agree
Looking at the legs she seems well fed.
Looking at the arms, she looks anorexic.

A bit out of balance.
Like the flaming texturing.
Some way to put something alike on her top?

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2011 at 6:33 AM

Quote - Well I agree
Looking at the legs she seems well fed.
Looking at the arms, she looks anorexic.

A bit out of balance.
Like the flaming texturing.
Some way to put something alike on her top?

Yes, I can do that, but I didn't want to overdo it, so I left it off. I can put it on there and see what it looks like, I guess.

I have been at work so I haven't been able to do any work on her yet. I will post a render as soon as I get something done.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 11:00 AM

file_475625.jpg

Ok, following the advice given, here is what I have done with her so far. I think I am about as done as it gets. I am happy. I hope you are too.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 11:13 AM

Very nice ... I wouldn't want to mess with her .......... or, maybe I would, heh, heh. :lol:

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 2:17 PM

Hey rokket, I like what you did, this looks very good now.

Allow me one further sugestion?

The thights-boots, and the armpieces go from bright-red over orange-yellow to bordeaux-dark red.
To make the suit uniform, you might color the upper breast-to-shoulder piece also in that dark-red-brown.

And perhaps even the shorts? But then in reverce combination to get the flow right?
From bordeax-dark-red at he bottom over orange-yellow (horizontal line like on the chest area), to bright red on the top.
That way, the boots color flow over into the shorts colors, and the shorts colors flow over into the tops colors?

From bottom to top:
Red to Yellow to Brown => Skin(thight) => Brown to Yellow to Red => Skin(her belly) => Red to Yellow to Brown.

That way you get a nice vertical color flow.

Nicely done; She will look great, and, ha-ha- ready for action.

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 2:30 PM

file_475632.jpg

a picture tells a 1000 words I grabbed yours and did a quick painting to show what is difficult to describe in words.

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 2:37 PM

Grr, now I am mad at myself.. Why did I not see that before?

Make the shorts a bit shorter?

To balance the amount of skin shown on the thights with the amount shown on the belly.

Sorry, I like balance.
And certainly in a figure like yours, the balance and the flow of colors in the suit.

PS, i did forget to "flame the yellow-orange" on the shorts.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 5:04 PM · edited Sat, 26 November 2011 at 5:09 PM

I do see what you mean. The dark red is coming from the black background of the flame texture combined with using the skin node under lighting in the materials room. Each piece of the suit has the same nodes applied throughout, so it would just be a matter of redoing the texture maps. I will give it a look later on today. I am working on a couple other projects.

I thought about making her shorts 'shorter', and I may revisit it.

I took another look at what you did vs what I did, and I think I can achieve balance by simply adding a black texture to the shorts. Render to be posted later.

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 5:17 PM

Hey, we had about the same idea's. LOL.
Looking forward to your work.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 6:07 PM

OK!

I changed the shorts and the top. Then I realized I needed to change the mask too. Here it is... 212th time the charm? :blink:

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 6:09 PM

Oops!

I goofed... I forgot to make it site friendly. It's too large. I will be back later. I have to make it smaller... silly me.

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 6:10 PM

I fear your picture is not showing
Is it over 200K?

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 9:02 PM

file_475641.jpg

I had accidentally tried to upload the .png picture. It was well over 2MB. I am about to try to upload the .jpg and see what happens...

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2011 at 9:06 PM

I decided to leave the shorts alone. The gap between her leggings and shorts matches the gap between her top and her arm bands. So, I think I have achieved balance with what I have. I am happy with it, and I think I am going to run with it.

I will start some test animations with her and Green Lightning in a few days. I have an idea in my head (which is not in the script, but if it works, it will be) I want to flesh out.

vilters ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 2:12 AM

Yep looking stunning.
Making the shorts brown helped a lot too.

Nice ; Ready for "digital" combat. :-)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 4:31 AM

I'm glad you left the legs as is or you wouldn't see that nice flame texture which I reckon is the very best bit of all.

Looking really good now although I don't know how the leggings stay up without suspenders.  Maybe a little flame suspending?

Love esther

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 7:42 AM

Quote - I'm glad you left the legs as is or you wouldn't see that nice flame texture which I reckon is the very best bit of all.

Looking really good now although I don't know how the leggings stay up without suspenders.  Maybe a little flame suspending?

Love esther

I guess they stay up because they are skin tight... 😉

I wasn't going for absolute realizm. I treated her costume like those Hollywood Comic book costumes. They have the mask that magically stays on their face. So does she, actually... So I went with it.

And I am really pleased with how that flame texture came out. I made the flames in GIMP, using the smudge tool. I wasn't sure how it was going to look. I am happy it turned out that good.

Well, on to James and the rest of his suit next. I am getting my butt kicked by the gloves.

Ravyns ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2011 at 8:14 AM

She looks awesome rokket!!

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2011 at 4:52 AM

Quote - She looks awesome rokket!!

I think so too. I am very happy with her. I did some pretty extreme poses with her in the suit to see how it would stand up to it. I was impressed. The costume works great. I started working on the animation today, and the preview render looks good.

I also made her a nightgown. I am keeping that one to myself, though.... hehehe.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2011 at 4:58 AM

don't mess with her.  I bet she's got a fiery temper.

Love esther

geep ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2011 at 5:16 AM

She ROKKs. 👍

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2011 at 10:45 PM

Quote - don't mess with her.  I bet she's got a fiery temper.

Love esther

Actually, you are not far off. Her temper and the way she acts derives from not being able to accept what happened to her in the accident that created her and gave her the powers she has...

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 29 November 2011 at 1:13 AM

I thought as much!  Cool (or should I say "hot")

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 5:48 AM

Quote - I thought as much!  Cool (or should I say "hot")

Hehehe... the animation I am working on will show all of this.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2011 at 6:59 AM

Looking forward to it.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 5:23 AM

file_475787.jpg

A new outfit that I made for her post powers. Prior to this, I will be using the conforming clothes she has in Poser 8. Hope you like it. It's a bit risque.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 5:30 AM

what about the previous outfit with the flames.  sorry I don't like the blue for a fire girl.

Love esther

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 5:33 AM

Quote - what about the previous outfit with the flames.  sorry I don't like the blue for a fire girl.

Love esther

Oh no... this isn't a replacement. She will be wearing this when she isn't in costume. It's her new look to go with her new attitude type thing, not a replacement for all that hard work I did on the flame outfit!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 5:40 AM

hmm well I think maybe she should be in just some clothes that look fairly normal, from renderosity.  Perhaps not glasses and a bun, can be sexy but not costume like.

Love esther

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 6:18 AM

This costume has a place in the script. It's only in one scene, shortly after she learns to control her powers and make herself look human. After her transformation and prior to this, she looks like living fire.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 6:25 AM

oh okay.  but I still would like a bit of thickness and seams and cloth texture to an outfit that isn't strictly superhero.

Love esther

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 6:43 AM

Yeah, sorry but this suit is not "doing" it for me either....
Depends on the story, but. . .

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 6:53 AM

You know what i have somewhere in my bloated runtimes and so sorry i can't find it right now or remember what it was. It is gold almost nothing kind of metalic wirey type outfit if you can call it an outfit.  It's kind of like curvey bits and maybe some leaves. I'm sorry, I'm not describing it very well. It did look quite good though.

Will let you know if I spot it.

Love esther

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:13 AM · edited Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:18 AM

file_475790.jpg

Perhaps this little pic will explain the outfit, as well as giving away some of the plot.

Meet Karen Sanders, aka Blaze. She started out as an executive assistant working in a bullpen of Forester Industries. She was in the abandoned factory owned by Jonathan Forester the night of the explosion. The details of why will come out when I start the movie...

Anyhow, after she learned how to control her powers, and sees herself for the first time, she goes out and buys the other outfit, and parades herself down the street. A couple thugs see her, chase her down and attack her. She cooks them, starting off her career as a villain.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:15 AM

I will change the outift enough to make it look a little beter by the time I start the animation.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:19 AM

"

She was in the abandoned factory owned by Jonathan Forester the night of the explosion. The details of why will come out when I start the movie..."

Well of course her evil boss exploded the factory to cover something up. He knew she was there but didn't care.  she was just collateral damage.  but when she finds out what really happened she will want to toast his nuts.

Love esther

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:23 AM

Quote - You know what i have somewhere in my bloated runtimes and so sorry i can't find it right now or remember what it was. It is gold almost nothing kind of metalic wirey type outfit if you can call it an outfit.  It's kind of like curvey bits and maybe some leaves. I'm sorry, I'm not describing it very well. It did look quite good though.

Will let you know if I spot it.

Love esther

I would rather make my own costumes, but I wouldn't mind seeing it rendered. Let me know if you find it. I would like to see it.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:27 AM · edited Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:30 AM

[quote

Well of course her evil boss exploded the factory to cover something up. He knew she was there but didn't care.  she was just collateral damage.  but when she finds out what really happened she will want to toast his nuts.

Love esther

No, not exactly... I don't want to give away too much of the plot, but basically, it was a trist between her and another guy in the office. At least that what she believed. He had no intentions of showing up, and only wanted her to be embarassed by the whole thing. Her boss is Jonathan Forester, who becomes Green Lightning. Not exactly an evil boss trying to cover up something. the factory is blown up by his competition when he refused to sell it.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 7:37 AM

ah well  at least it was definitely not predictable.  Sounds good though.

Love esther

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 8:17 AM

I am trying to be anything but predictable!

Ravyns ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 4:22 PM

This just keeps getting more & more interesting..

**************************************************************************************

Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we're here we should dance.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2011 at 4:30 PM

@rokket
"I am trying to be anything but predictable!"

Ahaa, her dog will be a cat? LOL

Ok, let me put my helmet on first.
And my gasmask
And dive into the bunker before I write :

She is a woman, they are unpredictable by nature.
It's in their DNA. :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.