Sun, Sep 22, 10:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Blackhearted Anastasia Clothing...

Connatic ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 11:34 AM

Gabriel - EXCELLENT job!  I bought it immediately.  I shall purchase more add-ons when they are available.  

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 1:14 PM · edited Sun, 18 December 2011 at 1:19 PM

file_476442.jpg

Here is an image of Anastasia with my "Dana character and bodygloves for Alyson" on Anastasia GND.

They seem to work quite nicely on her.  I just tweaked her face slighty. All other morphs are GND Anastasia.

The Dana set is available at my store in Content Paradise.

(Admins, if i am not allowed to say where they are please feel free to delete this0

cheerio

lululee

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 1:19 PM

Very nice!!!

martial ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 1:51 PM

Merveilleuse Anastasia !

But my tests with ajusting Alyson cloth for fitting Anastasia with Wardrobe wizard was not so succesfull (really not useable)

Few dynamic clothes for Alyson  seems ok (with ajustments) on Anastasia 

So i hope that Poserworld or others did some specific clothes for Anastasia and PhilC  do specific data for her in WW2

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 2:20 PM

She just came out! LOL. There are people working on stuff but nothing yet. Patience grasshopper ;).

Laurie

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 4:41 PM

I got somewhat successful with WW2, but was hoping to use Morphing Clothes on the Anastasia morph for A2, as I have always had great results from it.

Unfortunately, I cant get it to work with her at all?  Anyone else try this?  I use Figure "Load" of "Alyson2.crz", and then try to "Inject" the "!The Girl Next Door Anastasia.pz2"  Problem is, that nothing gets loaded at that point? Then if I try a transfer of morphs, I get a "The file being read is not a valid poser file" error in Poser.

I think the problem is in the injecting of the morph, but not sure why?  (for example, if you start with V4, and then inject the Elite Morphs, all of the Fantasia, Utopia, etc show up)  Anyone have any thoughts, or have tried this successfully....or is this just different and ain't going to work at all?

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 5:02 PM

Having similar problems here, and have alerted Ralf ... am just about to send him some files to look at.

I got similar results with loading Alyson 2, injecting GNDA, and then saving that file to the Library with all the morphs embedded in the CR2, instead of an external PMD.

He'll figger it out. 8-)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 5:27 PM

Quote - and then try to "Inject" the "!The Girl Next Door Anastasia.pz2"  Problem is, that nothing gets loaded at that point? Then if I try a transfer of morphs, I get a "The file being read is not a valid poser file" error in Poser.

!The Girl Next Door Anastasia.pz2  is not the morphs. its just a simple pose, that calls the .PMD file containing her morphs.

incidentally there is an update for !The Girl Next Door Anastasia.pz2 that will fix the fact that her HEAD morphs get mixed up (ie: lose their categories like Lips, Mouth, Nose, etc). It categorizes everything again. I am waiting till tomorrow to release the update, however, in case i find anything else that needs fixing/adding till then.

cheers,
-gabriel

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 5:42 PM

Just curious 3D Outlaw ... did you run your clothing set through Wardrobe Wizard at all before bringing it into Morphing Clothes?  Reason I ask is I just tried it with a set that I converted manually from Alyson 1 to Alyson 2 ... and then added the GND-Anastasia morph with Morphing Clothes. It appears to load into Poser Pro 2012 just fine.

So now trying to see if it might be a combination of two things here.

imax24 ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 5:58 PM

Quote - !The Girl Next Door Anastasia.pz2  is not the morphs. its just a simple pose, that calls the .PMD file containing her morphs.

Gabriel, many Poser users do not like to use PMDs for various reasons. After injecting Alyson2 with Anastsia via your preferred PMD method, can we save that figure to the library and bypass the PMD from thence forth?

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:01 PM

That's what I've done. I loaded Alyson 2, applied GND-Anastasia, and then saved to the library with "External Binary Morphs" turned off.  All of Alyson 2 morphs PLUS GND-Anastasia are included. Though they aren't grouped any more.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:09 PM

Quote - !The Girl Next Door Anastasia.pz2  is not the morphs. its just a simple pose, that calls the .PMD file containing her morphs.

Ah...nwo I see that, but MC, does not allow you to select a PMD directly.  Wonder if it drills through to the PMD, but is getting stuck?

Quote - Just curious 3D Outlaw ... did you run your clothing set through Wardrobe Wizard at all before bringing it into Morphing Clothes?  Reason I ask is I just tried it with a set that I converted manually from Alyson 1 to Alyson 2 ... and then added the GND-Anastasia morph with Morphing Clothes. It appears to load into Poser Pro 2012 just fine.

Yea, I tried a combination and failed, so I just tried MC on the Alyson2 Bra prop, and it failed as well.  (trying to reduce variables)  Thats when I posted

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:12 PM

Same here. Trying to see if it's one, the other, or the combination of the two.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:18 PM · edited Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:20 PM

Quote - > Quote - !The Girl Next Door Anastasia.pz2  is not the morphs. its just a simple pose, that calls the .PMD file containing her morphs.

Gabriel, many Poser users do not like to use PMDs for various reasons. After injecting Alyson2 with Anastsia via your preferred PMD method, can we save that figure to the library and bypass the PMD from thence forth?

you are preaching to the choir, lol.

nerd is working on a distributable freebie INJ pose that injects blank channels into Alyson 2. so merchants will be able to include it in their character packs, etc, if they want to continue using the traditional INJ method.

i emailed PhilC and let him know that he and WW were mentioned in this thread, he may be able to shed more technical info on the WW side of things. i tried to mail him GNDA but it bounced back so ill have to figure out another way to get it to him or break it up into pieces.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:21 PM

Quote - nerd is working on a distributable freebie INJ pose that injects blank channels into Alyson 2. so merchants will be able to include it in their character packs, etc, if they want to continue using the traditional INJ method.

Cool! :)

Laurie

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:37 PM

Looks like this is not a new thing stumbled across using Morphing Clothes (link from 2008)...but they used the InjectPMD and MorphtoCR2 to make it work, using DS.  In this case, that would be a no-go I think, as these (brain...crash....reboot...online) are weight-mapped figures.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 6:40 PM

Hmmm ....  I've also pointed Ralf to this thread as well.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 7:04 PM

Quote - Looks like this is not a new thing stumbled across using Morphing Clothes (link from 2008)...but they used the InjectPMD and MorphtoCR2 to make it work, using DS.  In this case, that would be a no-go I think, as these (brain...crash....reboot...online) are weight-mapped figures.

Not quite sure that it's directly related to the PMD though.  My hunch is not ... that this is something else.  As I said above, I loaded in Alyson 2, injected the Anastasia PMD morph, and then saved it to the library with "Use External Binary Morph Targets" disabled.

So, in effect, I have a "GND Alyson 2/Anastasia" CR2 with all morphs built in, including the GND morphs and am bypassing the need to inject the PMD.  I select this CR2 in Morphing Clothes, rather than the Alyson 2 CR2, as the Figure to morph to (instead of Alyson 2).

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 7:07 PM · edited Sun, 18 December 2011 at 7:08 PM

Quote - That's what I've done. I loaded Alyson 2, applied GND-Anastasia, and then saved to the library with "External Binary Morphs" turned off.  All of Alyson 2 morphs PLUS GND-Anastasia are included. Though they aren't grouped any more.

Hmmm...did the "they aren't grouped anymore" part prevent MC from working when using this as the Figure to Load?  I tried it, and still get the not a valid poser file stuff. :(  I may be out of ideas to try to workaround.

(EDIT: Yep, what you did above, when I just cross posted ;-)

The only thing I got working (not MC) was WW2 at this point, using the Create MOR from Figure under Utilities/Morphs...but the result was not very pretty in some cases, some cases it was OK...but it all fit well, lol!

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 7:12 PM · edited Sun, 18 December 2011 at 7:13 PM

Quote - > Quote - That's what I've done. I loaded Alyson 2, applied GND-Anastasia, and then saved to the library with "External Binary Morphs" turned off.  All of Alyson 2 morphs PLUS GND-Anastasia are included. Though they aren't grouped any more.

Hmmm...did the "they aren't grouped anymore" part prevent MC from working when using this as the Figure to Load?  I tried it, and still get the not a valid poser file stuff. :(  I may be out of ideas to try to workaround.

(EDIT: Yep, what you did above, when I just cross posted ;-)

The only thing I got working (not MC) was WW2 at this point, using the Create MOR from Figure under Utilities/Morphs...but the result was not very pretty in some cases, some cases it was OK...but it all fit well, lol!

No, having the groups removed doesn't affect the morph at all, it only affects how the morphs are displayed in the parameters palette (an organizational thing). Shouldn't affect how the morph actually works.

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 8:05 PM
Forum Moderator

In the intrest of stirring up intrest in Alyson2 I've made a utility that will inject blank channels into Alyson 2. This will allow content creators to create convention INJ injections.

This utility is free for content creators to include with their products. Alyson2 is actually designed to accept PMD injections and that really is easier to use. It can create channels on the fly, it doesn't need blanks. I know that's not familiar to a lot of you. That's why I made this.

The Blanks injector will be in R'osity freebies soon or you can grab it from my site here: http://www.nerd3d.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=104

If you want to learn how to make your own PMD injector check out my tutorial here: http://www.nerd3d.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=13

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 8:50 PM · edited Sun, 18 December 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quote - i tried to mail him GNDA but it bounced back so ill have to figure out another way to get it to him or break it up into pieces.

Get a free "Dropbox".  Drag/drop, copy/paste/email the link...done.

WW2 seems to be working fine to me, but won't hurt to have PhilC take a look.  He may have an idea, or something in the Poser Pocket Knife to make this all work a cinch!

I heard from D3D (Ralf), gave him this thread link, maybe he'll take a look?  He mentioned making it a CR2, but I think we tried that, unless this utility by Nerd above is what we needed to make a proper CR2?

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 9:35 PM

file_476446.jpg

BTW, here is the V4 Dark Raven outfit just fitted with WW2 alone.  The top came out quite good, but the pants...a little wrinkly and the waist goes up and down. (not so good)  ...but the fit is tight!

(cranked up lights to see the fit)

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 10:55 PM

Quote -

I heard from D3D (Ralf), gave him this thread link, maybe he'll take a look?  He mentioned making it a CR2, but I think we tried that, unless this utility by Nerd above is what we needed to make a proper CR2?

Just heard back from him. He's found the problem and the fix will be in the next version of Morphing Clothes. In the meantime, keep pressing Enter during loading, when you get the message about the invalid file. You'll have to do it several times, but eventually the clothing will load.  Then resave the CR2 to the library.

Dimension3D ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 11:06 PM

Just wanted to add, keeping Enter pressed permanently while loading the file will remove the messages immediately while they pop up.

Also, there are alternatives to this:

1. When using a Poser Python based library like XL or PX, no error message is shown.

2. When creating a binary morph injection in Morphing Clothes, there will be no problem. Still, you can save the CR2 after applying the INJ, but you escape clicking away all the error messages.

Dimension 3D - Poser Tools, Poser Props and Morphs, Cinema 4D Plugins, and more

Renderosity Store / D3D Web Site

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 11:09 PM

Thanks so much Ralf!!!  You da best!

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 12:14 AM

file_476448.jpg

Here's a conversion of Rhiannon's "Anarchy" available in the marketplace (for V4). It's not perfect, but I'm hoping it will inspire some content creators to check out how great this figure is. (hint hint)

She's sexxxxxxxy!

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 12:21 AM

Quote - I'm making stuff for her as well :)  
Actually, last chance here for to hear requests of what to make for her.
As soon as I finish the UV on something, I'm staring on Anastasia/Alyson piece! 

I'd like something like Courageous for V4.  Then it is easier to put her into my ST comic I am slooowwly working on.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 1:02 AM

Question: has anyone tried the smoothing brush on the jagged edges where the conversion doesn't go so well? If that's the case, there may be a way to make it look a bit better. I know it works for dynamic cloth.

Laurie

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 2:42 AM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 2:44 AM

file_476450.jpg

Gabriel

You could have named her "Grace(ful).

The more I explore Anastasia-the more impressed I am with your work! All I had to do was place Anastasia next to Aly2 in flat shaded wire frame view. It's obvious you moved the polygons to make the mesh more "bendable". It's almost like a new model in many ways.

Then you have advanced movement controls so all the parts move together when the waist bends or is twisted. Fine work.

I imagine many folk will be leaping in(gracefully) to provide textures for this graceful figure.

A little Alyson2 dynamic cloth in a strategic location.

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 8:17 AM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 8:28 AM

Quote - Question: has anyone tried the smoothing brush on the jagged edges where the conversion doesn't go so well? If that's the case, there may be a way to make it look a bit better. I know it works for dynamic cloth.

Laurie

It should work in most cases :)

Quote - Gabriel

You could have named her "Grace(ful).

The more I explore Anastasia-the more impressed I am with your work! All I had to do was place Anastasia next to Aly2 in flat shaded wire frame view. It's obvious you moved the polygons to make the mesh more "bendable". It's almost like a new model in many ways.

Then you have advanced movement controls so all the parts move together when the waist bends or is twisted. Fine work.

I imagine many folk will be leaping in(gracefully) to provide textures for this graceful figure.

A little Alyson2 dynamic cloth in a strategic location.

I think Gabe says there isn't a single polygon on her that he didn't move! :)

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 9:16 AM

Quote - Question: has anyone tried the smoothing brush on the jagged edges where the conversion doesn't go so well? If that's the case, there may be a way to make it look a bit better. I know it works for dynamic cloth.

Do you mean the smooth polygons setting you can apply to objects or groups...or something else?  I'll give it a try, once I know what your talkin about  ;-)

Now we need a bunch of hair fits!  ;-)

For Hair, I have fit a couple of 'em to see how they look, and I have found the following, which may get you 75% of the way there, if the hair is propped in its place for V4:

• X Scale: ~93%
  • Y Scale: ~93%
  • X Rotate: ~2-6% (depending on hair)
  • Y Translate: -0.65
  • Z Translate: -0.8

...again, these won't fit hair out of the box (from the V4 pose), but for the 3 or 4 hair I tried from different vendors, this got close, then I tweaked a little on each.  The rotate was by far the most variable of course, cause of the center point of long versus short hair.  Hope it helps! :)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 10:05 AM

I got it...morphing tool, smoothing...sorry, this is new to me!  :)

imax24 ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 11:07 AM

Quote - Here is an image of Anastasia with my "Dana character and bodygloves for Alyson" on Anastasia GND.

They seem to work quite nicely on her.  I just tweaked her face slighty. All other morphs are GND Anastasia.

The Dana set is available at my store in Content Paradise.

FYI -- searching for "Anastasia" or "GNDA" at CP turns up zero results. The only "Dana" I see there is a V4 character.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 11:10 AM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 11:10 AM

It was created for Alyson 1, but can be used on Alyson 2 or GNDA, because they share the same materials and UV mapping.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 12:49 PM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 12:52 PM

a minor update has been posted.

when Anastasia was injected, the categorization for the head morphs (lips, mouth, eyes, etc) was lost and all of the head morphs were just in one long list. this has been fixed and categorization has been restored. you can re-download the product  (downloads have been reset) - but this is not a critical update or anything. if you are bandwidth limited like me and dont want to re-download the 20 meg file, and just want the 18 kilobyte update, then shoot me a sitemail and ill send you a link.

i did NOT send out a customer email notification because many people get all grumpy about getting an email :(

thanks to facehugger for bringing this to my attention.

cheers,
-gabriel

anupaum ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 1:32 PM

Oh, so I've been spending HOURS this morning grouping all the dials for nothing?  An e-mail WOULD have been nice!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 1:37 PM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 1:41 PM

i posted a notice yesterday at 5:27 PM in this thread informing people of it, and offering to send it directly.

unfortunately i am damned if i do, and damned if i dont.  i try to address any possible issues immediately, but then i am faced with a dilemma about how to get the word out about an update. do you know what its like to send out a customer email notification? immediately my inbox fills up with a bunch of 'undeliverable' crap because people either havent kept their rosity email up-to-date or have far too aggressive antispam settings, and then about 10 min later the grumpy emails start coming in about how i am 'spamming' - no matter how politely i phrased the notification. 

ive added a LOT of content in my Irina 2.0 and GND4.1 updates, and both times when sending a customer notification to let them know about the update i got flooded with nasty replies from people saying im spamming, and 'undeliverable' emails for days afterwards.

so yeah, until that changes - and it hasnt in over a decade - im always going to be hesitant about sending a customer notification.

Connatic ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 1:53 PM

I appreciate the update.  Having such a wonderful figure for Poser, along with the current Antonia, makes me forget about all the Genesis/V5 headaches.  As important as these new Poser developments are, it is not a problem to watch a few threads and stay informed about the progress.

Anastasia is incredible!  I would rather spend time learning to get the most out of using her and plan on buying any assets that I find useful.

I hope to see some scifi themed items like Xurge-style battle-suits.

anupaum ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 1:59 PM

Quote - i posted a notice yesterday at 5:27 PM in this thread informing people of it, and offering to send it directly.

This is completely reasonable and understandable.  At least I've organized things the way I'd like to see them organized, so all is not lost.

I will look through this thread for your update.  Thank you!

onimusha ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:07 PM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:12 PM

I appreciate the update as well.  My art wouldn't be where it's at today without content creators like you guys...

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:24 PM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:32 PM

Since AS was on sale as well...  ;-)  (no postwork)

This was similar hair fit specs, as mentioned above:
xS:93%, zS:94%, xR:-2%, yT:-0.64, zT:-0.07

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:27 PM

3doutlaw,

That is a beautiful image. I am impressed.

cheerio

lululee

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:34 PM

Thanks! ;)  ...it is really a tribute to this character and the artists!  I did zero postwork on that. 

NenaLuise ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:43 PM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:45 PM

Oh how stupid and unthankful people can be. I would be happy (and always was) when i get a notification. But it seems i'm in the minority then.

But that's not why i came here. I only wanted to say that i'm soooooo satisfied with Anastasia, she is fantastic <3

Now i'm waiting patiently that Miki3 will be weight-mapped one day and my biggest dream and wish will come true :)

edit for spelling

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 3:48 PM

Quote - (...) Now i'm waiting patiently that Miki3 will be weight-mapped one day and my biggest dream and wish will come true :)

edit for spelling

... and I hope also for Miki2 ;-)

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 4:16 PM

Anastasia! Antonia-WM!  Got to convince the PA's there is money to be made at the front of the Alphabet, and not at 5 letters from the end! :thumbupboth:

Technically, since the R'osity servers are in the US, using these characters and items made for them doesn't require an export! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Janl ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 5:47 PM

Thank you for Anatasia and the update, Blackhearted. She is really lovely and I am enjoying both her and Antonia. I would also like to see a weight mapped Miki 3. :biggrin:

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 7:48 PM

WOW Beautiful! This could very easily become a favorite. I really hope she gets lots of supporting items.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 9:30 PM

Thank you, Blackhearted. Such an extraordinary character. Thanks to everyone else for the added information. Must learn how to use Wardrobe Wizard, and the morphing tool. And thanks  to the people working on clothing this beauty. Almost a shame to hide such a work of art . Something in a nurse uniform/scrubs would be nice.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.