Fri, Sep 20, 10:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: need new modeling program for poser and Vue

wushen ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 6:37 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:40 AM

I'm getting fed up with Hexagon, and am looking for a cheap, intuitive quick work flow program to replace it...I currently model in Hex import to PoserPro for figures then render/build scenes in Vue9Inf. Hex worked fine for me for a long time, but now importing poser files to Vue the Hex model components will not retain/accept mats and only have color/highlight controls... it happens in every file format, I think it's a glitch with the 64 bit OS. Anyway, I'm hoping someone can recommend a program that works well with these programs and is easy to learn, with good primitives preferably with a UV mapper and paint function, but not a necessity...it should also save in poser/vue friendly file formats (obj 3ds lw etc) I'd like to spend less than 200$ I'd be perfectly happy with Hex if it didn't develop this nast glitch, but if I cant texture clothes/props, I can't be nearly as detailed as I'd like. I've tried working in Shade, Z-brush and wings 3D...I've found them all quite tricky to learn. I appreciate you're suggestions.

Thanx

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2011 at 4:53 AM

Did you try out Silo yet?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Paloth ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 1:42 AM

Cheap? That would rule out Modo. Wings and Blender are cheapest.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Sun, 18 December 2011 at 7:10 AM

Quote - Cheap? That would rule out Modo. Wings and Blender are cheapest.

if you can buy Vue9inf . you can buy Modo same price class ..

HERE are my FREEBEE's

kenmo ( ) posted Mon, 19 December 2011 at 7:25 AM · edited Mon, 19 December 2011 at 7:26 AM

Stick with Wings3D. It's super easy to learn.

How about Google Sketchup?

lhumungus ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:26 AM · edited Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:28 AM

I've tried Silo, Modo, Wings3D, Hexagon, Blender, Sketchup, Cinema4D and Cheetah3D (I'm a mac person).

I can't vouch for how compatible the app is with Poser, but for me Silo was the easiest and best tool for modeling out of all of them, and I often use my Silo models in Vue.  I really like being able to custom-configure my mouse and keyboard functions so I can work as fast (read: intuitively) as possible.  UV mapping may not be the greatest, but I do the mapping in Silo too.

It weighs in at about $150 and there's a PC version.

As an aside, I don't know how anybody gets modeling done in 3DS Max; that is one of the most cluttered, complicated, confusing and non-intuitive interfaces I've ever seen.  More power to you for getting anything done in it. :)

LH

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 1:26 PM

Quote - As an aside, I don't know how anybody gets modeling done in 3DS Max; that is one of the most cluttered, complicated, confusing and non-intuitive interfaces I've ever seen.  More power to you for getting anything done in it. :)

Quad menus and lots of practice :tongue2:

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

bernieloehn ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 10:20 AM

I use Wings3D since many years for modelling clothes and really everything!

Keep cool and fight for the right of others
to have a different opinion than you have!

;- ) Bernie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.