Thu, Sep 19, 10:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Must have Poser Python Script Opinions (or links if already exists.

MacMyers ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 5:14 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 7:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

First of all... I know Jonathan merde about Python Scripts and I'd imagine it's highly subjective but..........

Does anyone have a few suggestions and or a list of what they consider to be "must haves" for a "toolkit"?

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 5:33 AM

If the question is "MUST HAVE?" The answer is: NONE.

But there are some nice ones, that make life easy.
But "MUST HAVE? " NONE.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

MacMyers ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 5:35 AM

Ok... nice ones.

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 5:52 AM

It is indeed highly subjective, so here is my personal list of must haves:

**Advanced Figure Manager by Semidieu
**Essential for working with complex scenes containing many figures and props

**VSS by Bagginsbill
**Free utility for applying shaders to multiple material zones

**Morphing Clothes by Dimension3D
**For transferring figure morphs to clothing, making clothing much more versatile

*** Others I find very useful, but not essential ***

**Advanced Material Manager by Semidieu
**Powerful tool for working with materials

Advanced Render Settings by Semidieu
Especially useful if you want to postwork your renders

PoseMorphLoader by ColorCurvature
Hard to describe in a few words, but a fantastic tool if you have some basic modelling skills.

**Snarlygribbly Snow machine
**For making Winter scenes

**Pose2Lux
For exporting Poser scenes to Luxrender

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 7:05 AM

I have one or two that folks have found useful over the years.

Link

3Dave ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 7:43 AM

Quote - If the question is "MUST HAVE?" The answer is: NONE.

But there are some nice ones, that make life easy.
But "MUST HAVE? " NONE.

That being said, there are loads I would'nt delete,

D3D's freebie pack of 10 (from Content Paradise, I think) includes Delete, which allows you to delete a list of figures or props from a scene rather than Poser's default individual select/delete. Copy Morphs gets regular use too.

Check Ockham's free scripts too, many useful scripts for all sorts of specific tasks.

Poser Physics is the reason I keep P7 on my system

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:14 AM

Morph Mirror 2, Magnet Mirror, Pose2Lux, Shaderworks Central, VSS

Laurie

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:28 AM

VSS and VSShair.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:34 AM · edited Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:35 AM

Geeze...I forgot Shaderworks Light and Camera Guides (they are just awesome) and Netherworks Scripts Auto Launch Utility. ;). And I also agree that Ockham's scripts are also da bomb...lol.

Laurie

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 11:09 AM · edited Wed, 21 December 2011 at 11:10 AM

Snarleygribley's EZSkin, released today! It gives fantastic control to the skin shaders!

(I was on the beta team and it has become my most used script!)

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 11:16 AM

Quote - Snarleygribley's EZSkin, released today! It gives fantastic control to the skin shaders!

(I was on the beta team and it has become my most used script!)

I looked for that one .... where do I find it??

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 11:27 AM

There is a thread here with the link in, posted just today ;).

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2841324

Laurie

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 12:29 PM

Note that many free older scripts need to be updated for Poser 9 / 2012 and have not been yet. Many (but not all) scripts that cost money have been updated, such as those by Shaderworks and Netherworks. The new Posers use a version of python that is incompatible with many older scripts.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 1:40 PM

the Holy Grail and Life of Brian

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:05 PM

Quote - the Holy Grail and Life of Brian

Yeah, most of those Monty Python scripts were hilarious!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 2:49 PM

The Architect Sketch.  Dead Parrot.  Brain Surgery.

Seriously, I use a few utility scripts which save me a lot of time.  One disables Reflect_Lite_Mult, one removes everything from Specular_Color and one removes everything from Reflection.

I used to use an Unhide_Tran script but nowadays I just edit the CR2 for stuff like that. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

icprncss2 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 3:26 PM

Poser Toobox, Poser Pocketknife, All Tied Up, Hierarchy Builder, Pz3 Editor, Shoe Convertor, Shoe Designer, Hair Designer, Obj2Cr2, Clothing Designer, Scissors, BVH Helper, Rotoscoper and Exploder. 

If you want to learn Python scripting, I highly recommend Phil's Python tutorial. 

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 7:24 PM

I have a bunch that I use now and then. Hide and unhide translate dials, okon and ikoff,  texture filtering off, but most are just to do quickly things you could do manually.

One script I have deletes all the lights and then adds lights for a portrait set, I am just too lazy to save it as a light set afterwards.

Many of the most used free scripts are in freestuff under Poser, Utilities.

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 21 December 2011 at 8:48 PM

Quote - Many of the most used free scripts are in freestuff under Poser, Utilities.

Yeah, but unfortunately many of them no longer work in Poser 9 / 2012. Since some of them were written more than 5 years ago, they may never be updated. By the original author, anyway. I wish some python wizard would get permission from the authors and do it for them. In some cases it may mean using wxPython instead of tKinter. That's what Semideu and the Netherworks guy did.

Michael314 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 1:16 PM

all of the above...  Can't ever have enough of these tools.

The ones I like most are VSS, SceneFixer, MorphingClothes, PoseMorphLoader, matmatic.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 4:27 PM

If there is one script I simply can't do without, it's matmatic. Oh, there are so many others I use frequently, but this one is my own personal "Must-Have".

Poser wouldn't be Poser without it.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 6:42 PM

Matmatic and Parmatic. 

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 22 December 2011 at 6:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Many of the most used free scripts are in freestuff under Poser, Utilities.

Yeah, but unfortunately many of them no longer work in Poser 9 / 2012. Since some of them were written more than 5 years ago, they may never be updated. By the original author, anyway. I wish some python wizard would get permission from the authors and do it for them. In some cases it may mean using wxPython instead of tKinter. That's what Semideu and the Netherworks guy did.

If the script is by Okham or Les Bently, you might try site mailing them asking them if they will update them.  Since up to now the majority of uncompiled scripts have worked in all versions of Poser, they may not even be aware that they don't work in the newer versions. 

smallspace ( ) posted Fri, 23 December 2011 at 11:39 AM

D3D's "Figure to Prop".

Load a figure (say V4) then take a piece of clothing that belongs to someother figure (say V2) Pose and scale the clothing so it fits as best as possible to the new figure. Use a magnet or two to fix "poke-through". Run the "Figure to Prop" script to convert the whole clothing figure into a static prop with materials intact.

Follow it up with PhilC's "OBJtoCR2" and you've got yourself a clothing conversion that doesn't warp the mesh to death.

"Figure to Prop" is also good when you've got a figure posed just the way you want and you want to reduce the scene's memory footprint.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 7:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

most of semidieu's scripts.  He's updating them for poser pro 2012.

His advanced library manager 2 does all sorts of things.  Installs zip files, partial poses by right click on the pose thumbnail and then choosing eg lower body etc.

Also the library manager helps me find my stuff really fast.  It would take too long to describe everything it does.  One more example though.  You can shift click a whole folder of mats eg for shirt, tie, shoes, jacket, of a suit and apply smart mat to the whole scene and the mats find their way to the right places and change the textures nicely all in one go.

Also dizzi's conform to scale script still works in PP 2012.  with this one you can tick the checkboxes for all the clothes so that when you resize the figure the clothes scale with it.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 7:23 AM · edited Sat, 24 December 2011 at 7:26 AM

And that is exactly what I do not want.

Most if not all older scripts and content include AO on lights and or materials.

Include a blue correction on textures. (Mostly for V4 but also on Little One and others.)

Include all sorts of fake tips and tricks things from the past.

Load from the Library by clicking or drag-dropping and :
Then, in the newer Poser versions, click IDL to ON, click Gamma correction to ON, and everybody is wondering why the newer Poser versions are worse then the older ones.

That is because manually or by script you are loading OLDER stuff in the Newer Poser versions.
Stuff that was not meant to be rendered with IDL and or Gamma correction.

Please remember; when loading OLDER stuff in NEWER Poser versions that you HAVE to remove the OLD fake corrections from all lights and materials.

After loading Older stuff; Remove all AO from lights and materials and remove all blue corrections.

Even between both new Poser versions, Poser9 and PoserPro 2012, you have to correct lights and shaders for the Gamma Correction PP2012 has, and Poser 9 does not have.

Merry Christmas to you all,
And happy posering.

PS;
you can still use AO on lights and materials.
You can still use those build in blue corrections.
You can still use IBL.

But only for artistc purposes.

Want realism?
Dump the lot and use IDL and gamma Correction.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 7:34 AM

the right python scripts speed up a lot of stuff that takes forever by hand though.

Love esther

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 7:49 AM

I would even go a step further.

In december 2012, one can make an object and a texture.

But one can NOT make or sell a shader.

We have so many render options, that the outcome is competey different between the Poser verisons and render settings options.
A perfect Poser7 shader become trash can in Poser8 wirh IDL.

A shader that worked perfectly in Poser8-Poser9 can become garbadge in PP2010-PP2012 with Gamma Correction.

The relationship between diffuse_color and the texture depends heavily if not completely on the render settings and the different Poser versions, and the nodes have to be changed for every Poser version/render setting option.

I will not even talk any more about AO on anything, or IBL lights.
There is only One sun, and take my word for it; There is no image on the sun.

Agreed Ester, a good script can save time.
But if I have to spend more time to undo older stuff,or stuff I do not want or need in my current Poser setup/render setting,  I would rather not use it.

Most users click or drag and drop or run a script and render.
Few users dig deeper to correct everything to their own Poser versions/setups.

Last point.
Every Python upgrade, all shaders have to be recompiled. 
Using older scripts in newer Poser versions can make Poser unstable and even crash.

A script included in Poser at release time? OK, any hr of the day.

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 7:59 AM

ooh 1 min til Xmas here.  Happy xmas everybody.

Love esther

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 8:03 AM

Marry Christmas
Still some Hrs to go here :-(
Tony

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 9:28 AM

Merry Christmas guys. I have to wait until tomorrow ;)

Laurie

imax24 ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 10:21 AM · edited Sat, 24 December 2011 at 10:23 AM

Re: There's only one sun.

Very true, if your scene is outdoors in bright daylignt. You only have to worry about a single infinite light source if you're omitting fill light in the sake of realism. But at night there are street lights, lights flooding out through windows, etc. And then there's indoors at any time of day: light coming from multiple sources, all casting shadows, as well as the daylight coming through the window. That's when we need to worry about the complexities of having several light sources. It's not realistic in an office scene, for example, to have a single infinite light source. But hey, I'm all for doing everything outside under a blue sky. :)

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 24 December 2011 at 7:19 PM

Outdoor lighting is reasonably simple, I agree. One sun. IDL. Skydome. That's all I use.

Indoor lighting? Depends on the indoor. What sort of lighting would people expect a given decor to have. KobaltKween pointed that out to me - thank you 😄 - that she couldn't "reconcile" (my term/interpretation) of the lighting I was using with the setting, which - upon reflection - was inconsistent. It was an opportunity for exploring lighting!

Lamp

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.