Mon, Sep 23, 11:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 11:27 am)

Subject: **Most Asked Poser Questions**

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 6:41 PM

file_469652.gif

inquire, they'll need to see all info on all items in scene.  it works for me in 10.6.7.** **

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2011 at 6:55 PM

misty, did they tell ya what gradient bump is for? (normal maps).  try checking render thread settings and RAM usage for incomplete renders, altho that don't look like it uses much RAM.  send yer opinions on P8 to ratscloset here via IM.  mind ye, they're a tad busy right now with the re-organisation, poser 9 and that.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2011 at 8:18 AM

i used Ryan's ""advanced"" figure and one cube with a simple image map for the background.

I ran the render again, and it went a lil bit further :wub:, then died again.

service pack is installed

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2011 at 3:15 PM

recommend latest OS, latest hardware and min. 8 GB RAM for poser 8.  YMMV.  send support request to SM in re: yer prob., but very busy, hence may be some delay.  render stoppage issue (which I haven't experienced) has been addressed in several forum posts.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2011 at 2:30 PM

what's the max pixels Poser 8 can render in an image?

iirc, P7 the limit was 4,000x4,000

to fill an 8x10 printed at 600 dpi, needs ... 4800 x 6000

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 8:54 AM

:unsure:  how do you delete a master dial in P8?

i'm up to the chapter on Dials and dependencies, but when i right click on a new dial  i don't see a selection to delete?

when using the Create Full Body Morph,
i can see the selection to delete the individual morphs on the right click menu, but not the master dial on body.  how to delete?

Thanks 😄

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 8:56 AM

Quote - recommend latest OS, latest hardware and min. 8 GB RAM for poser 8.  YMMV.  send support request to SM in re: yer prob., but very busy, hence may be some delay.  render stoppage issue (which I haven't experienced) has been addressed in several forum posts.

Thanks.  i try to save up for RAM, but i keep spending it on content. :rolleyes:

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2011 at 7:22 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2011 at 7:34 PM

file_470122.png

it allowed me to do a 9000X9000 render a few minutes ago, and it allowed me to set render dimensions to 18000X18000, which I didn't try to render.  hence I dunno what the limit is.  I have seen some posts in this forum that stated various figures.  I tried "maximum render size" search for last year: no results.  some of them said poser 4 renders were limited to 4096X4096, and firefly renders were larger by some unknown amount.  no wait, I got it: set the render to 24000X24000.  see above img.

p.s. those other questions: maybe try them in the regular forum threads.  nobody is reading this thread AFAIK.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 9:04 AM

9000x9000 is plenty.  Thanks.  i need a better pc, my renders are quitting over  2,000 range.

i want to print a few 8x10 at the photo machine.  😄  my lil home printer only goes up to 4x6

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 1:26 PM

it may be difficult to find ink-jet printers where anything over 300 dpi is distinguishable from 300 dpi to somebody with average vision not using optical comparator or microscope.  at kinko's they told me: 18X24 inch posters done on their giant HP printers, 150 dpi would be adequate.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2011 at 11:55 AM · edited Tue, 28 June 2011 at 11:57 AM

Really bad question but here it is. Just intalled Poser 2010 on a new system and no library. I know I can look this up but read all the posts in this thread and now I'm plum wore out.   8^P  How do I get my library back?

Never mind it was hiding behind explorer on my other monitor. Didn't delete the post because that drives some folks batty. Remembered to go to the Window -> Libraries and it came out of hiding.  

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 9:17 AM

what's with the thigh statement at the top of files?

is it for backward compatibility?  does it do anything for Poser 7/8?

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 5:22 PM

Quote - what's with the thigh statement at the top of files? is it for backward compatibility?  does it do anything for Poser 7/8?

I think it's something to do with the workings of universal poses.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 9:14 AM

oh 😄  i turn off the universal poses.  Alyson and Ryan need their Advance Move Controls to pose 'em decently, imo.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 9:17 AM

i bought an older prop set in the fastgrab the other day.

Poser 8 didn't extract the .pngs from the .rsrs, only showed shrugger guy.

I ended going back to Poser 7 to make the .pngs come out.

Does Poser 8 have a py script or something to make the .pngs come out of the .rsrs?

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 1:56 PM

Quote - Does Poser 8 have a py script or something to make the .pngs come out of the .rsrs?

No, the RSR conversion was removed from P8 and above. There are several free scripts/utilities that will do the conversion if you don't have an older version of Poser to do it.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 11:20 AM

Seems silly to remove something useful like rsr conversion.  

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 1:49 PM · edited Tue, 05 July 2011 at 1:50 PM

Quote - Seems silly to remove something useful like rsr conversion.

It was more to do with removing a lot of old crufty code (e.g. the P4 renderer). PNG thumbnails were introduce in Poser ProPack, which was released in 2000.
Only versions before this actually created RSR thumbs, so it's mainly been certain brokers insistence on only having RSR thumbs and the poor excuse of backward compatability for those few that haven't upgraded since 1999 that has kept them around for so long (see also MT5 and MC6 vs. MAT poses).

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:55 AM

Quote - :unsure:  how do you delete a master dial in P8?

i'm up to the chapter on Dials and dependencies, but when i right click on a new dial  i don't see a selection to delete?

when using the Create Full Body Morph,
i can see the selection to delete the individual morphs on the right click menu, but not the master dial on body.  how to delete?

Thanks 😄

i guess this is one of those things i'd have to edit the .cr2 to delete?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 9:50 AM

whaz happened to the taper tool?   i can't taper anything.

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 12:41 PM

Quote - whaz happened to the taper tool?   i can't taper anything.

The anything you're trying to use the Taper tool on has to have a Taper channel or it can't work.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 2:21 PM

how do i add a taper channel to a prop?  is it something i can copy and paste in the .pp2?

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 3:19 PM

Quote - how do i add a taper channel to a prop?  is it something i can copy and paste in the .pp2?

I think taper channels only appear in figures (i.e. taper needs bones), so you'd have to rig it appropriately.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 2:09 PM · edited Wed, 03 August 2011 at 2:11 PM

sometimes i click on a character morph for V4 or M4 / V3, without realizing i don't have all the morph requirements.

poser asks me if i want to keep on searching for missing files, i click 'no', but it keeps on looking? 

:huh:

and there's no going out for lunch to wait it out, cuz i haz to keep clicking no.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 2:19 PM

It's checking for each readscript line in the pz2 that doesn't have a file on your system, I don't think Poser has a "Stop asking" button.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 2:43 PM · edited Wed, 03 August 2011 at 2:47 PM

Quote - how do you delete a master dial in P8?

In Poser, open the Hierarchy Editor, find and select the master channel, then press the delete key on the keyboard. Or use a cr2 editor such as CR2Builder to delete the channel from the file.

Quote - how do i add a taper channel to a prop?  is it something i can copy and paste in the .pp2?

Yes, you can copy and paste a taper channel. There are three types of taper channel X, Y, or Z, depending on which axis needs to be tapered, you can just edit the name to change the type. The effect of a taper channel is influenced by position of the origin, taper type is normally set to be along or close to the origin endpoint axis. Taper works in cr2, hr2, or pp2 files. A taper channel is normally placed above any Offset or smoothScale channels.

P.S.
I thought the "Most Asked Poser Questions" thread was for posting answers to frequently asked questions, not for asking questions frequently. If this thread gets full up with questions that are not asked frequently, and could better be posted as new topics in the forum, it will be much harder to find the answers to questions that are asked frequently. "how do you delete a master dial" may be a frequently asked question, but a lot of posts in this thread seem to be verbal diarrhoea and completely OT.

"Can anyone please assist me with this ...", "Is there a python script that will...", "sometimes i click on a character morph...", "where did all my money go?" etc, etc. :cursing: Please don't reply to this post, as a reply would almost certainly not be a frequently asked question.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 3:04 PM

(click image for larger view)

How to make Delta (morph) Injection Poses for Custom Morphs?

I have collected some info from my previous posts that may be helpful. This post relates to delta injection of custom morphs, morphs that you made entirely yourself, and that are not derivative of copyrighted morphs. If you used any copyrighted morphs at any stage in the production of your morphs, then it is probably a breach of copyright if you distribute them as deltas. As a way to load third party morphs, and apply dial spins to them, you may want to investigate "Injection Pose Builder" (I have never used it myself). If you want to make INJ files for your custom morphs (or for your own personal use), read on.

There are some utilities that can help you make INJ and REM files.

To make INJ-REM files when the morphs already exist in the figure I usually use svdl's free "SpawnCharacterP6 update" py script. It's very simple to use. In Poiser, dial  the morph that you want to make the INJ for into your figure, then run the script, there are a few options that you need to fill in, they are all fairly self evident. After filling in all the options hit the 'Generate' button (NOT the 'OK' button). One limitation of this script is that it only works for figures that have PBMCC channels.

To make INJ-REM files directly from a morphed obj file (either a full body obj, or a partial obj), I use the free "Pozers Little Helper". Needs a bit of initial set up the first time you use it. Has a bit of a learning curve, but quick and easy enough once you get the hang of it.

If you are using a morphed full body obj, it needs to contain the original grouping, some modelling apps may remove the grouping data. Below is a partial quote from richardson, explaining how to save and restore the grouping using "UV Mapper":

Open UVmapper/ file/load model/ double click on your OBJ/ click OK.
file/ click export uvs
check/ export group names, check/ export material names
Name uvs (mymorph.uvs) /click save. it saves to your objects file. Close UVmapper.

Open Zbrush [your modelling app]... you can subdivide and smooth. just return to sub1 before export.

Open UVmapper/ file/load model/ double click on your OBJ/ click OK.
file/ click import uvs/ doubleclick your uvs
..and File/ Save Model
Obj Export Options
check; export normals, check export UV coordinates, check export materials, check export UVmapper regions and click OK
Double click your object again and Click SAVE Then YES to overwrite. Close UVmapper

If you already have the morphs in a cr2, you can also do the whole job of creating the INJ files in a cr2 editor (eg "CR2Builder" or "Cr2Editor"). First you need to to make a template pz2 file that contains the actors that you want to inject into, each actor should contain a channels section. Say for example the morphs need to be injected into the chest and collars of the Antonia Polygon, V4, M4, or similar figures. You could use this template.

{

version
    {
    number 4.01
    }

actor BODY
    {
    channels
        {

valueParm channels get pasted under this line.

}
    }
actor chest
    {
    channels
        {

targetGeom channels get pasted under this line.

}
    }
actor lCollar
    {
    channels
        {

}
    }
actor rCollar
    {
    channels
        {

}
    }
figure
    {

}
}

After making the template, you would load the cr2 with the morphs into the left window of your editor, and load the template into the right window. You would then Drag & Drop the targetGeom channels from the cr2 into the pz2 (see attached image). If the morphs are FBMs, you would also Drag & Drop the relevant valueParm channels from the BODY actor of the cr2 into the BODY of the pz2. Note that traditional Delta Injection can only inject a morph into a channel that already exists in the figure, this is why many DAZ (and some other) figures contain blank PBMCC channels, so you can inject custom morphs into them. If the internal names of the channel are not already PBMCC_## names, you can edit the internal names after the Drag & Drop operation. If you want, you can include material settings and map references in the 'figure' section of the pz2.

For figures that do not have blank channels for morph injection, you can use 'PMD Injection' (only works for P5 or above).

A utility that can help with making FBMs is D3D's "Spawn FBM.py". Commercial cr2 editors such as D3D's "Poser File Editor", and PhilC's "PZ3editor", have more features than the free ones listed above.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 3:40 PM

How to write ERC code?
(Have one dial control many channels)

Here are the bare bones of it.

The output value of one channel can be used as input to influence the value of a some other channel. One way to do this is called 'ERC' (Enhanced Remote Control).

With ERC, the channel that is being influenced is called the 'slave' channel, and the channel that is doing the influencing is called the 'master' channel.

To slave one channel to another, you put slaving code in the slave channel. The slaving code tells the slave channel where to find its master. Look at this block of slaving code:

valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure 1
                BODY:1
                PBMCC_07
            deltaAddDelta 1.000000

What does it all mean? First look at the three indented lines (in green). The first indented line says "Look for your master in 'Figure 1'". The second indented line says "Look for it in the BODY actor". The third line says "get your input from channel named 'PBMCC_07' in the actor you now looking in".

Let's take another example:

valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure 1
                lCollar:1
                xrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.010000

The above says "Look in 'Figure 1' in the 'lCollar' actor, and get your input from the 'xrot' channel in that actor".

We have not looked at the very bottom line of the slaving code yet. The very bottom line is a control ratio, it says "Multiply the value you get from the master channel by the number in this line". So if the number is "1" as in the first example, an increment of 1 on the dial of the master channel would result in an increment of 1 in the slave channel. In the second example an increment of 1 on the dial of the master channel would result in an increment of 0.01 in the slave channel.

In the second example the master channel is a rotation channel. If we put the slaving code in another rotation channel, every degree of rotation in the master channel would result in 0.01 degrees of rotation in the slave channel. If we put the slaving code on a targetGeom (morph) channel, 100 degrees of rotation in the master channel would result in the morph being fully expressed at a value of 1.0 (0.01x100=1). If we used a value of 0.011111 in the deltaAddDelta, the morph would be fully expressed when the rotation reached 90 degrees. If we used a value of 0.022222, it would only take 45 degrees of rotation to fully express the morph.

So where abouts in a channel do we put the slaving code? We put it under the line that reads "interpStyleLocked 0", which in turn is under the 'keys' section of the channel. Below is an example of slaving code in a morph channel:

targetGeom Morph-01
            {
            name Morph-01
            initValue 0
            hidden 0
            forceLimits 1
            min -100000
            max 100000
            trackingScale 0.02
            keys
                {
                static  0
                k  0  0
                }
            interpStyleLocked 0
            valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure 1
                Cube-A:1
                yrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.022222
            indexes 4
            numbDeltas 8
            deltas
                {
                d 2 0 0.09999999 0
                d 3 0 0.09999999 0
                d 6 0 0.09999999 0
                d 7 0 0.09999999 0
                }
            blendType 0
            }

One thing I have not mentioned yet is the very top line of the slaving code. This is the type of slaving, 98% of the time the only type you will come across, or need to use, is 'valueOpDeltaAdd', so I won't complicate things by describing the other types.

In the above example the code uses 'Figure 1' and 'Cube-A:1'. If there is already a 'Figure 1' in the scene, when you load your second figure Poser will automatically update the numbers in the slaving code so that they become 'Figure 2' and 'Cube-A:2'.

There is a lot more that could be said about ERC slaving, but that's the bare bones of it. It's not that difficult, just five lines of code telling the channel where to look for its input. There are some special circumstances to be considered when using ERC slaving in a conformer, or injecting it from a pose file, but I will leave that for another post.

You can find some more information at these links:

ERC (Enhanced Remote Control)

Extended Motion Control

How to Write ERC Code
Tutorial Download Page

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2011 at 3:55 PM

How to write ERC code? Continued.
(special considerations when using ERC in conformers and pose files)

Like I said in my previous post, there are special circumstances to be considered when using slaving code in conformers, or in pose files.

When a morph channel contains slaving code that slaves it to a a rotation channel, this is called a 'JCM' (Joint Controlled Morph).

When a clothing figure is conformed to a character figure, the clothing gets its joint rotations directly from the character figure, and the rotation channels in the conformer itself remain at a value of zero. Thus if a morph in the conformer is slaved to a joint in the conformer, nothing will happen when the character is posed.

If we want to use JCM in a conformer, the JCM morphs in the conformer need to be slaved to rotations of joints in the character, not to rotations of joints in the conformer.

So how can we do that? We leave the numbers out of the slaving code so the code...

valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure 1
                lCollar:1
                xrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.010000

... needs to become:

valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure
                lCollar
                xrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.010000

If the figure number is left out of the slaving code, when the conformer is loaded, Poser will use the number from the figure that was selected at the time the conformer was loaded (eg the target character). Thus the morphs in the conformer will get their input from rotation channels in the character. This is usually known as "Super Conforming", though a better name might be "Targeted Slaving", because it has nothing to do with conforming per se. Super-conforming can also be used to express a character morph in the conformer when a character morph is expressed in the character figure.

One thing to be aware of. Whilst the conformer is sitting in the library, waiting to be conformed, it is a free spirit happy and willing to couple with any instance of a character. Once it has been loaded into a scene, it will have a figure number baked in to its slaving code, and is no longer a true super-conformer. If you save it back to a pallet, then load it into another scene, the JCM may not work correctly, because the slaving code now contains a figure number that may be different from the number in figure you are conforming it to. The only cure is to edit the saved cr2 and remove the numbers from the slaving code.

A pose file to inject slaving code (eg a Delta injection Pose) should also have the figure number removed from its slaving code, so that it uses the number from the figure it is being injected into.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2011 at 8:16 AM

Thanks LB! 😄

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 18 August 2011 at 2:07 PM

is it possible in Poser 7 or Poser 8

to have a prop of 2 or more materials

with different crease angles,

like set one material zone to zero,

and still have it be one prop?

is there anything in the .pp2 i could manually edit or add ?

the smoothing id doesn't seem to be the answer. :huh:

Cimaira ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2011 at 11:13 AM

I am a new Poser user, at the moment I am using Poser 7, to see if I can sucessfully transition from Daz Studio to Poser. So I have a few questions that may not be most asked, but I'd sure like to know, lol

1. In DS, I can look through a light to see exactly where it is pointing, anyway to do that in Poser?

2. In DS I can also, go in change the UV on say V4 and use a skin that was made for M4 on V4. I'm guessing there is a way to do this in Poser material room, but I'm not sharp enough to figure it out by myself :)

3. Ok, last...in DS question, lol In DS I can set up a scene/environment then save it. Start a whole new scene with say just characters, get them dressed, posed, ect. Then "merge" the two scenes. That saves on resources as I'm setting up my scene, not having to have everything loaded all at once and try to pose, dress ect.

Is there a way to do this in Poser?

I told you I was a total newb, lol

thanks in advance for any answers offered :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 10:13 AM

1-Poser has something called a 'shadow cam', i'm not sure exactly on the rules for using it though.
you can look through it to see where a light's shadow will fall,
but something about, you have to render it once first?

2-As far as swapping uvs,  UV Mapper Classic can export .uvs files from V4 and M4. 
I ended up saving two extra .cr2's for M4 and V4.  V4 default, V4 with M4's uvs, M4 default, and M4 with V4's uvs.  iirc, there was a precise tut in the member's only forum with all the steps.

3-after you dress a character, etc, you could save it to the library, figures with the parented props, hair, morphs, etc.  
when doing a complex scene, i like to save the dressed characters to a folder i call Pedestrians for temporary stuff.

you can merge a file, but you end up with extra lights and what-nots.

Cimaira ( ) posted Tue, 30 August 2011 at 2:57 PM

Thanks MistyLaraPrincess :)

ninasteel ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2011 at 6:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.natk.com

I have Poser Pro 2010 and I'm having an issue with deleting folders in my library. It's easy enough to delete something within a folder...just click on it and then hit the - button, but how do you delete a folder.

Thanks!1

Nina

MarkR151 ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 10:47 PM

I'm new here to 3D animation coming from a background of Photoshop for photographers, and some Canon/Nikon RAW editors, and that's it.

Is there a book or video series for newbies that would basically be a "Idiots Guide to Poser" or "...DAZ" ? 

Because that's what I need. Everything I've just read in this forum the past hour goes waaaay over my head. It's all like a foreign language.  Any books or videos you can recommend? 

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2011 at 11:53 PM

mark, poser originated as the easiest known character posing software, then became the easiest known character animation software.  thus it is already "3d software for dummies", which is not a derogatory comment rather than an encomium.  poser's author(s) long recognised that, despite its simplicity, its reference manual might be ignored by most users, hence their recommendation to refer to this forum for questions of usage.  if any particular subject is not explained well here or at rdna, ask for clarification in the pertinent thread.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2011 at 9:10 AM

file_473378.jpg

k4 Toddler morph still doesn't work right in new poser.   is there any kind of work around?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2011 at 10:31 AM

is it possible to make memory dots default to camera instead of ui dots on opening poser?

i tried setting it and 'set preferred state', but the preferences don't remember camera dots.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2011 at 9:47 AM · edited Tue, 18 October 2011 at 9:47 AM

after years of the ground not rendering, i keep forgetting to toggle ctrl +G and waste hours of render time.

why is poser ground rendering and how do make it behave like poser of yore?

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 18 October 2011 at 2:52 PM

Quote - why is poser ground rendering

The default settings changed.

Quote - how do make it behave like poser of yore?

Turn on "Shadow_Catch_Only" for the ground's material, save the preferred state, and make sure that you're launching to the preferred state.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2011 at 10:29 AM

thanks for the shadow catch tip!  😄

also, changed display to wire frame mode.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:47 PM · edited Fri, 16 December 2011 at 1:48 PM

fluttering in the wind like all lost post-it notes.

I noticed how some vendors have their work included in Poser releases.

How would i go about asking if SM would be interested in some things? 

Do they accept reworked Poser figures, like James 6 or Jessi G2?  I don't want to buy licenses, I would like to sell it to them out right.

Thanks.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 17 December 2011 at 4:27 AM

Quote - I noticed how some vendors have their work included in Poser releases. How would i go about asking if SM would be interested in some things?

Why not ask someone whose work has been included with Poser.
If they can't answer (due to an NDA etc.) they should be able to suggest the best method to approach SM or someone on SM's Poser team.

sixsigma1978 ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2012 at 12:58 PM

The main quetion (DAZ in Poser) points to an invalid thread. Can the mods update it to point to the current URL? I'm new at poser and probably have many of the questions answered in that thread.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Wed, 04 January 2012 at 1:28 PM

sixsigma: the wiki (the link) is no longer on the site. :(

Maybe this will help you: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3868816&ebot_calc_page#message_3868816

If not, feel free to make a thread and ask your question :)

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 11 January 2012 at 7:35 PM

Where do people put the png files they get from Free Stuff, so they can use them in Poser?  I was asked this question by a new Poser owner that wanted one of my Freebies. 

Thank you,

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 8:39 AM · edited Thu, 12 January 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quote - Where do people put the png files they get from Free Stuff, so they can use them in Poser?  I was asked this question by a new Poser owner that wanted one of my Freebies. 

Thank you,

.png goes in the same folder as the poser file; .cr2, .pz2, pp2; etc.
It also has to have the same name as the poser file to show up in the library.

like - 0.png, 0.pz2

if you're including shaders for DS users; you need the .png, a poser file extention name (it can be an empty file) and the .dsa file together in the same folder.

like - o.png, 0.pz2, 0.dsa

😄

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 8:43 AM

Quote - > Quote - I noticed how some vendors have their work included in Poser releases. How would i go about asking if SM would be interested in some things?

Why not ask someone whose work has been included with Poser.
If they can't answer (due to an NDA etc.) they should be able to suggest the best method to approach SM or someone on SM's Poser team.

i just noticed dphoadley hasn't been posting lately.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 12 January 2012 at 9:23 AM

Thank you very much.  I'll pass this information along! (:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.