Thu, Sep 19, 5:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Unable to D/L from any Freebie page

GOMan ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 8:50 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:36 PM

Seems to be a recurring problem from 4 days ago. Only now it is global. Clicking on d/l opens pop-up but then goes to a white screen. Trying to go through the details page d/l link, same thing happens. In all cases, once d/l window is up and the click HERE if d/l doesn't start does the same thing. WHite screen with a weird link address. Unlike anything I have ever encountered.

Darn it all. Some nice stuff here lately.

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 9:17 PM

you need to run a check on your puter. sounds like what i have gotten and i had to do a restore to an early date.  somthing had changed in your regester and it could have been a d/l  check out your virous settings also

GOMan ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 9:31 PM

It is prevalent on all browsers not just FF and only on this site. Cleared history, cookies, etc. and still not working. No Ad-Blocking turned on for this site(s). Even restored registry from yesterday when it was working and still no go.

Oh, well! I thought 'puters were supposed to make life easier and simpler.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:09 PM · edited Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:10 PM

Well, if it's on all browsers on your computer and you have no ad blockers, then it's YOU...lol. The rest of us aren't having any problems downloading. I don't know what to tell you :(. And computers are only helpful when they're working. When they aren't they may as well be a doorstop...lol. I'd ask you if you have flash and java updated, tho I'm sure you've probably thought of it and I'm not sure if it would make a difference anyway.

Laurie

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:13 PM

your  first post sead "4 days ago" try a week and see what happens also are you useing a ROUTER it may also need to be reset I have to reset it once or twice a yr  some routers keep some kind of count i don't understand it   but when i reset the router all is well

GOMan ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 11:02 PM

I know it is Ad Blocker and AB+, but turning it off does no good. From what I can see AB & Plus updated today and added some Rendo linkjs to their blacklist. 

The other possibility is anti-tracking filters. If and when I find it will post results here.

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 12:14 AM

Huh, I use AB+ and sometime when Im here on site and block a flashing ad or something I make a mistake and all of a sudden I can't see squat on this site and have to go thru all the blocked links and unblock them till I find what is causing it...

Instead of turning AB+ off, try doing a process of elimination and see if you can find the blocked item.

Try this one..I just went and grabbed the DL link from one of the newest items in Freestuff...

https://live.cdn.renderosity.com/fs/items/67200/Cybrea_striped-for-anastasia-leather-set_67200.zip

If that does not work, look and see if you have anything blocked from "amazonaws.com" in your AB+

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

GOMan ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 2:00 AM

THis one really has me baffled. I've restored the registry froma year ago. Nada.

I've run FF in the safe mode (everything turned off). Still nada. I can watch it try to go bw-****amazonaws and then it defaults out to a white screen with the file name as the addy. Makes no sense. I've run malware scan, anti-spy scan and KIS anti-virus scan. Nothing. It was running fine last night and d/led a bunch, but today I went here first with no updates since I shut down yesterday and no this.

I've even tried loading that addy directly and of course since it is a redirect, it didn't work. Viewing the source page before it goes white offers no clues. It has to be something with AB or AB+. It really has me buffaloed. Only thing I have not tried and will after I exit this is running completely in safe mode. That might give me a clue. Nothing shows up in startup list or services that has not been there for a long time. JS is up to date. Damn. Getting frustrated.

Tanx for advice. Still looking. Iam smarter than this dumb machine and WILL figure it out.

GOMan ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 2:14 AM

Works fine in SAFE MODE. FF is loading everything (AB & AB+), so it has to be a Windows issue. Something is getting loaded that is not with the d/l script. Suspect it might be a bad or corrupt system dll. Process of elimination has ruled out just sbout evrything else. That's a tough one to find. Still looking.

mrmagic333 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 5:08 AM

i would run msconfig and look at your startup services to see if anything is unusual. you might have to sort it by "running" services and google each service to see if it should be running or not. 

i would also check your event logs to see if there's anything unusual or any error messages.

also might want to update your video card driver.

Tools: Poser Pro 2012 64 Bit + Visa/Paypal

GOMan ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 5:17 AM

Done all of that many steps back. Nvideo drivers could be issue. They were a couple of months ago with some new software. Later today, I have a new exteral ATI video card coming. Also 8 gigs of ram. Hopefully the video card will get rid of issues there and the ram replacement might fix a balky bank that occasionally causes application errors. It is really strange that this is the only site of all that I regularly visit that has a problem. I can't find any blocking filters for the d/l link(s). It is also straqnge that both IE & FF react the same. Therefore it is not an application issue, but rather a Windows issue.

GOMan ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 11:54 AM

BINGO! Don't ask me WHY?  Today it is working just fine. Quit late last night with no positive results. Fired up this AM and now it is working.

Since (until graphics card is delivered), this 'puter has an on-board vid chipset, I think it is a ram issue. When new card and new ram arrives, hopefully all this will be just a bad memory (LOL)

Thanks to all for suggestions.

GOMan ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 5:24 PM

Replaced on-board with Radeon 1024 and replaced ram with 8 gigs + 2 sticks of old ram. Cleaned out junk system files and problem seems to be finally gone. No idea why this happened. Sorry to have cluttered up forum with a nagging problem. Thanks to all who helped by deteriorating memory cells with your suggestions.

Issue closede (hopefully)

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 8:27 PM

Not a problem, its what we're here for. Glad you got it sorted :)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.