Tue, Oct 1, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: OT I am announcing my plan to announce that I have nothing special to announce..

SteveJax ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 10:19 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:16 AM

Feel free to guess what the announcement is about. Wild accusations a must!

alexcoppo ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 10:31 PM

At least you have a plan. Most people (and many firms) do not.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 12:30 AM

Yes you are very bored, aren't you? LOL.

Laurie

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 1:21 AM

Sorry to steal your thunder, Steve, but I am already doing nothing, and I am announcing that fact RIGHT NOW!

Vestmann ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 1:44 AM

Are you running for President in Iceland?  

Vestmann's Gallery

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 4:24 AM

That's just unfair! Now I will have to not waste endless hours worrying about the non-implications of your non-announcement! And what about the time not wasted casting bitter non-recriminations your way? After all is said and done none of us really know the full import of your anouncement. All we can speculate on is exactly how trivial it will be.

I call on a mod to stop this before it does NOT get out of hand!

Quote - Feel free to guess what the announcement is about. Wild accusations a must!

ashley9803 ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 6:17 AM

Do you work for Daz?

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 10:17 AM

I also have an announcement....

Bababooey.

-WTB

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 11:14 AM

So how much does it cost now and how long before you make it a freebie :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 11:22 AM

I'm sure you  will make your announcement soon!

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Janl ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 12:33 PM

Oh goody another announcement about an announcement about nothing. Don't you just love these? :m_laugh:

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 1:52 PM

Some of you were very close in your guesses but not quite on the mark yet. I guess I need to be even more devious and diabolical with my nefarious plans to get them past you guys! Oh, and the cost is most certainly going to be outrageous followed by a very steep mark down at a date not yet to be announced. But rest assured, everyone will find the markdowns to be offensive and life threatening....

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 2:20 PM

Steve

I've barely recovered from the lack of stress caused by the DAZ Announcement of the CENTURY. And you want to change the game just after the dust is settling from the previous game changer?

Quote - Some of you were very close in your guesses but not quite on the mark yet. I guess I need to be even more devious and diabolical with my nefarious plans to get them past you guys! Oh, and the cost is most certainly going to be outrageous followed by a very steep mark down at a date not yet to be announced. But rest assured, everyone will find the markdowns to be offensive and life threatening....

grichter ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 3:27 PM

You are going to sell the Ninja cat for $499.00 today. But 7 or 8 months from now you will pay us to take it off your hands?

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 4:56 PM · edited Sat, 04 February 2012 at 4:57 PM

Curse you GRichter!!!! Back to the drawing board!

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 5:17 PM

And here I thought that you fought the law and the law won.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 5:20 PM

That was some other poor schmuck. I shot the sherrif but I didn't shoot the deputy....

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 5:35 PM

I need to announce your announcement amounts to nothingness.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

grichter ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 5:43 PM · edited Sat, 04 February 2012 at 5:45 PM

Quote - Curse you GRichter!!!! Back to the drawing board!

Lucky but obvious guess and I even did it with my hands over my eyes!

my other guess was going to be you were moving from 137 some street to 731 some street :laugh:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 9:11 PM

this just in from the Department of Redundancy department...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 10:11 PM · edited Sat, 04 February 2012 at 10:12 PM

You're buying the rights to Poser from Smith Micro, aren't you?  That's it.  This is the end.  :scared:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2012 at 10:16 PM

Awww... Don't you have any faith in my ability to keep Poser afloat? With my massive budget, why I think I could keep the office supplied with a year's worth of paper clips!

lindans ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 4:04 AM

Your announcement to anounce your announcement should, (in my humble opinion) be announced now LOL!! not on a date to be announced. Pleeease

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 10:49 AM

Quote - Your announcement to anounce your announcement should, (in my humble opinion) be announced now LOL!! not on a date to be announced. Pleeease

You must not be familiar with JAX Soon! Similar to DAZ Soon but much more unreliable and complicated....The moss has to change sides on a tree and turn purple before JAX Soon can be completed and the Pink Bellied Warble Tit has to be in mating season....

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 3:27 PM

So Steve for guessing the right answer, what did I win? A free copy of PoserPro2012? Or perhaps a free copy of the latest version C4D? Possibly a free copy of Vue Infinite?

Being a punk and feeling lucky (sorry Clint :biggrin:) just maybe, just maybe I won all 3!

To the rest of you reading this, help me out here so I get my "game changing" prizes. I will share!

Gary

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 3:43 PM

I've got it! Free for a limited time- JaxStudio5 with a free MakeArt2.0 plugin!

Also comes with several versions of the ever popular Nekkid Vicky in a Temple With a Sword (NVIATWS) scene!

Am I close?

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 4:09 PM

I know what it is. I've definitely got it, and no I don't have any inside info.

He's reorganizing his sock drawer tomorrow.

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 4:32 PM

Esther's leak is exciting!

Can you include a "how-to" video? Sock drawer organization is very difficult for me! I'm likely to store cabbages, tools, and bills in the same drawer. So something specific like- argyles in one drawer- solid colors in the next- and cabbage in the refridgerator-would be a big help.

Thanks,

Eric

BTW: Is there a separate video for those "down under?" A friend of mine from Australia has a world map that is upside down. How do you keep the socks from falling out?

Quote - I know what it is. I've definitely got it, and no I don't have any inside info.

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 4:43 PM

I live downunder.  And you are correct.  The socks must fall out. They're scattered around everywhere except where they are meant to be.  Now I know why.

Love esther

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 4:46 PM

Quote - So Steve for guessing the right answer, what did I win? A free copy of PoserPro2012? Or perhaps a free copy of the latest version C4D? Possibly a free copy of Vue Infinite?

Being a punk and feeling lucky (sorry Clint :biggrin:) just maybe, just maybe I won all 3!

To the rest of you reading this, help me out here so I get my "game changing" prizes. I will share!

Oh you really didn't think there would be snazzy prizes did you? If you're lucky, I won't send the Ninja Cat around to pounce on you for spoiling the announcement surprise so early on in the thread. How's that grab you? 

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 5:46 PM

Ever here of an implied contract?

But I think declaring me the winner was not correct.

Esther revealing you actually have a sock drawer, I think is the biggest  annoucement I have seen in the 3D world in over a decade! You can send her the cat instead.

Gary

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 6:31 PM

WEll i really hope all of you guys who bought cats previously will not be disappointed that I got my cat for free.

Love esther

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 6:37 PM

Quote - I know what it is. I've definitely got it, and no I don't have any inside info.

Love esther

Not while I still live there, he isn't!

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 6:48 PM

I'm not giving the cat back.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 8:54 PM

Esther

Glad to help!  I would really be in double trouble in Australia- my socks do the same-and I'm in the northern hemisphere.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote - I live downunder.  And you are correct.  The socks must fall out. They're scattered around everywhere except where they are meant to be.  Now I know why.

Love esther

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 8:55 PM

Ha Ha! You should have a large say in how your home is organized!

Quote - > Quote - I know what it is. I've definitely got it, and no I don't have any inside info.

Love esther

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 8:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - I know what it is. I've definitely got it, and no I don't have any inside info.

Love esther

Look at the small print in your lease. The landlord has every right to spot inspections at Midnight when the disco ball is spinning backwards and is allowed to reorganise said drawer on the 3rd Friday of every birth month of his favorite singer.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 9:05 PM

You're the long lost cousin of Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 9:07 PM · edited Sun, 05 February 2012 at 9:10 PM

Now there's a name I haven't heard in well.... forever.

PS - Gricter. The only thing implied by calling you a winner was that there might be prizes. Valuable ones however were never mentioned or implied. How's about some belly button lint for Rikishi?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 9:36 PM

He was arrested recently-or so I read.

Are there really people who are not familiar with  Mr. Zopittyob-Bop-Bop-?

Quote - You're the long lost cousin of Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 9:38 PM

A hint at last!

The belly button lint is sure to spawn 3rd party sales of texture maps.

PS - Gricter. The only thing implied by calling you a winner was that there might be prizes. Valuable ones however were never mentioned or implied. How's about some belly button lint for Rikishi?

imax24 ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 10:03 PM

The winning guess gets Daz Studio 4 Pro absolutely free! A $429.95 value! But wait, there's more! You also get some other 3D apps that Daz acquired and wishes they hadn't, because sales were poor! Call now with your guess! Operators are standing by! 

grichter ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 10:06 PM

Quote -  A hint at last!

The belly button lint is sure to spawn 3rd party sales of texture maps.

Value? Eegads!!!!!!

Have you checked how much belly button lint for Rikshi is selling for on E-bay?

I'll take the lint if you get it here so I can sell it by the end of the month. Based on recently closed auctions on Ebay for belly button lint I should be able to collect enough to be able to get DS4A, Bryce and Hexgon if I can close the sale by Feb 28th.

Gary

SteveJax ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2012 at 10:07 PM

Quote - The winning guess gets Daz Studio 4 Pro absolutely free! A $429.95 value! But wait, there's more! You also get some other 3D apps that Daz acquired and wishes they hadn't, because sales were poor! Call now with your guess! Operators are standing by! 

Hey Hey Mister! That's not my announcement! You have me confused with some company in Utah! I'm in Texas and we only do things BIG here! Massive even!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2012 at 10:40 PM

Been to Texas.  Dallas, specifically.  And Garland, which is kinda next door to Dallas, right? 

Nice place, what I saw of it.  Wouldn't say downtown Dallas is big, though.  Some tall buildings, lots of mirror glass but the land area of the downtown bit is relatively tiny, IMO.  Walked around there for a bit, went over to the "Book depository" area, which is kinda nice and low key.  And not very big.

Teeny tiny little airport, too.  I mean, really small.  Smaller than East Midlands airport over here, and that's miniscule.  OHare at Chicago, however, bloody big place.  Had to cross it in about 10 minutes to get my flight, never having been there before.  Only just made it.

And a ten gallon hat holds about 6 pints.  That's US pints, btw.  Which are a lot smaller than British pints.  US pint = 440 ml  UK pint = 576 ml.

So, how much bigger do you do things there?  ;) 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2012 at 10:46 PM

Ya got me there. I'm really just a Texan transplant from Missouri, the "Show Me" state. Texas hasn't shown me yet how they do things bigger yet. I think I have to learn the secret hand shake first.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2012 at 10:52 PM

Why's it called the "Show Me" state?  Being a Brit and all that, I know next to nowt about why places are known as whatever they're known as.  Other than places over here, of course.

Hey, I saw a great street name the other day.  I'll have to take a photo of it:  Goosebutt Lane.  Sounds vaguely disturbing.  We have totally barking crazy street names over here.  It's the weather, it does things to our brains.  So does lack of sleep, hence most of my posts tonight.  :) 

My Store

My Gallery

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2012 at 10:54 PM

Basically it means Missouri is full of Sceptics who don't believe anything until they see it. Don't know where it originated but it makes us sound like a bunch of doubting Thomas's. LOL.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2012 at 10:57 PM

Ah.  Got it now.

We have a town - Hartlepool - where the people are called "Monkey Hangers". 

My Store

My Gallery

SteveJax ( ) posted Mon, 06 February 2012 at 11:29 PM

I'm afraid to even ask. LOL!

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 07 February 2012 at 1:11 AM

Quote - Ya got me there. I'm really just a Texan transplant from Missouri, the "Show Me" state. Texas hasn't shown me yet how they do things bigger yet. I think I have to learn the secret hand shake first.

Texas is famous for Big hair on the older women. Something about being closer to God if I remember right.

Plus at the Amercian Airlines Terminal at the Dallas airport if you are changing planes and you come in at a gate at one end and you leave at a gate at the other end, and that is reverse of the tram, you understand how freaking Big of a mistake the person that deseigned the terminal actually made. :cursing:

Gary

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.