Thu, Sep 19, 10:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: I know I should be able to figure this out but.......................

MacMyers ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 9:55 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 7:04 PM

Is there any way to Center the "Hot Point" of a prop in PP 2012?

Some items track ball around their own axis and some travel around some axis off to the side, top, ect.?

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

geep ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 10:05 AM

Hi Mac,

If you use the Grouping Tool to "duplicate" (Create Prop) a prop, the duplicated prop will have it's "Hot Point," i.e., origin, in the geometric center of the prop.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

MacMyers ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 10:09 AM

Thanks. "Orbit Slected Mode" seems to work too. 

“So, roll me further B_t__h!”

geep ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 10:13 AM

😄

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2012 at 12:30 PM · edited Wed, 08 February 2012 at 12:36 PM

Poser defaults to the prop's centroid (spatially average point).  If you need the center of rotation to be elsewhere -such as for a hinged door- then look for the grey origin X, Y, Z dials in the parameter window.  Use those to move the green axes set to where you want the rotation center.

If you don't see the grey origin dials,  then (with the prop selected) try opening the Joint Editor window (either Window:Joint Editor or Shift+CTRL+J);  this usually jogs Poser into showing the origin dials.

setting rotation center

In this case, I don't want the mast & sail to rotate about the center of the sail;  I want the assembly to rotate about the vertical axis of the mast.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.