Wed, Sep 18, 2:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: DAZ to make a "game-changing" announcement

imax24 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 1:09 PM

You'll have to scroll back a few pages to see the details, but essentially Daz 3D is giving away software to try to generate interest in Genesis and Genesis content. For 30 days, supposedly, but I suspect it may be extended indefinitely or changed permanently to a very cheap price compared to the old price.

Or was that a sarcastic question? :laugh:

patorak3d ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 1:22 PM

i assure you no sarcasm was intended.  i'd a scrolled back but my mouse finger fell asleep.  it does that from time to time forcing me to use my middle finger.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 1:29 PM

Three of it's main softwares: Hexagon, Bryce 7 and DS 4 Pro are being given away free for the month of Feb. They made an announcement that they would announce this :P.

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 2:17 PM

Quote - i assure you no sarcasm was intended.  i'd a scrolled back but my mouse finger fell asleep.  it does that from time to time forcing me to use my middle finger.

Reading the Forums often makes me use my middle finger, too. :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 2:20 PM

Quote -  Reading the Forums often makes me use my middle finger, too. :lol:

Amen to that...lol.

Laurie

brynna ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 7:08 PM

Quote - Reading the Forums often makes me use my middle finger, too. :lol: 

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 8:15 PM

I even created a hand poses for V3, V4, M3, D3, SP3, M4 that.....:scared:

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Daja ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 4:11 AM

For a month? Not worth it. I'm stcking to the free version. ;)

bantha ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 7:56 AM

"free for a month" means that you can use it for free without a time limit, as long as you get it before the offer ends. This isn't trial software.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 8:53 AM

Right. You only have a month to get it, but once you get it, it's yours for life, just as if you bought it ;).

Laurie

imax24 ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 9:43 AM · edited Fri, 10 February 2012 at 9:45 AM

It's interesting how many people say they downlioaded it not because they want it, but because they'd like upgrade pricing in case Daz Studio 5 turns out to be the best thing since indoor plumbing. (And since they're giving away DS4, it is not unreasonable to speculate they are planning some signifcant improvements they want people to pay for.)

In other words, Daz may not be getting the short-term boost in Genesis product sales as they mght expect from the sheer number of free downloads. Analogy: My wife cannot resist a item marked FREE on somebody's lawn. She'll bring it home, just in case, and it sits in the garage for years. I wonder how many free DS4 downloads are "just in case."

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 9:52 AM

Well, you dont really need to download it, just 'buy' it to put in your purchase history.  That gets you the serial number.  I saw no point in downloading 500 meg I have no intention of installing.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 11:22 AM

It's the same way with free stuff.  People will download it "just in case," even if they don't really like it, don't have the figure you need to use it, and don't even know what it is.

I've gotten much better at not downloading free stuff if I'm not planning to actually use it, but I confess, I've downloaded several versions of DS and Bryce, while having no plans to actually install them, let alone use them.  Just in case.

Quote - It's interesting how many people say they downlioaded it not because they want it, but because they'd like upgrade pricing in case Daz Studio 5 turns out to be the best thing since indoor plumbing. (And since they're giving away DS4, it is not unreasonable to speculate they are planning some signifcant improvements they want people to pay for.)

In other words, Daz may not be getting the short-term boost in Genesis product sales as they mght expect from the sheer number of free downloads. Analogy: My wife cannot resist a item marked FREE on somebody's lawn. She'll bring it home, just in case, and it sits in the garage for years. I wonder how many free DS4 downloads are "just in case."

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 12:58 PM

Mine was "just in case too". Just in case so many users start bothering me to make DS-compliant versions of my products. I REALLY hope it doesn't come to this, I don't know how to even load something in DS, and I have no interest in learning to actually make Poser stuff work correctly in it.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 3:00 PM

My download was just in case I get a newer Mac!  DS4 crashes like a drunk on rollerskates on my first gen intel Mac Pro. I had some ideas for blended people/creatures to play around with- If I can use the FBX to export to Lightwave that is.

Did someone else quit the forum? They must have deleted their post. I still dont get why anyone gets angry about which software people prefer. I prefer PoserPro2012-but I'm perfectly happy if someone else prefers Daz. I just can't get it to work consistently enough to get very familiar with it.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 9:34 AM

Just spent the last two hours trying to install and run Bryce7.1, installed, removed and re-installed to different locations three times but all I get when I try to run the program is somthing about it does not like it's side by side configuration and to look at the logs.  I am not spending anymore time on it, just glad it was free.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

imax24 ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 9:51 AM · edited Tue, 21 February 2012 at 9:54 AM

As with so many things in life, it usually turns out there's a reason why something is given away. Half of my garage is full of unused things in that category. A few hundred MB of my runtime, too, now that I think about it.

At least with DS4 there's a motivation to give it away other than "nobody's buying it." They want more people to try Genesis and buy Genesis products, for which the Daz store happens to be the main source. With Bryce and Hexagon it's probably more about "nobody's buying it."

jestmart ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 1:34 PM

On Windows 7 or Vista don't try installing Bryce to the Program Files folder.  It is a dated program that still read and writes files to sub-directories of the folder it is installed in.

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 2:15 PM

Quote - On Windows 7 or Vista don't try installing Bryce to the Program Files folder.  It is a dated program that still read and writes files to sub-directories of the folder it is installed in.

Yep which is why I un-installed it and installed in a seperate folder and then, when it suffered the same problem istalled on a drive on it's own and still Bryce7 did not start.  I even deleted Bryce6.3 in case there was a conflict still the same problem.  Uninstalled Bryce 7 and did not bother to re-install Bryce 6 so the only thing Daz gave me for free was more disc space.

My version of Poser 2012 is in my program folder as was Poser 7, 8 and 2010 and while I am aware that some people have problems and it is not recommended I have had no issues.  So, for now at least, I have left it there as I am a firm believer that if is ain't broke don't try and fix it.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 6:06 PM · edited Tue, 21 February 2012 at 6:09 PM

Quote - I'm just waiting for the Poser to Blender script to be finished and I'll be thrilled...lol.

Laurie

I had left this thread but was surprised to see it bubble up again. So I read this last page. I didn't see much of interest, and then this caught my eye.

So, Laurie, I went to see what is up. I read this Blog entry:

Quote - Now that the holidays are over, I started working on the project again.  Installed Blender 2.61 to check for compatibility with the script.  Seems to be working correctly for the most part.. but then I decided that a material file reader/saver would be a valuable addition so I started working on one yesterday.  Shouldn't be too complicated yet it will add more value to the collection of tools I'm working on.

Shall I translate?

No excuses left, so I came back to the project. Did something totally not worth writing about but I thought I'd write about it anyway. Then I decided that a material file reader/saver would be valuable, without considering the fact that it's pretty much impossible. Since I think it won't be too complicated, as soon as I actually try I will find out I'm in way over my head and don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

I expect to be full of ennui shortly.

PS: For those challenged by humor: this was satire.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

shellysummers ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 6:56 PM

Now now the answer is simple. THEY ARE GETTING RID OF GENESIS! 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 7:29 PM

file_478758.jpg

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 8:57 PM · edited Tue, 21 February 2012 at 8:59 PM

Quote - No excuses left, so I came back to the project. Did something totally not worth writing about but I thought I'd write about it anyway. Then I decided that a material file reader/saver would be valuable, without considering the fact that it's pretty much impossible. Since I think it won't be too complicated, as soon as I actually try I will find out I'm in way over my head and don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Yeah if the guy hasn't got the rigging to import yet the rest of it is pretty much semi-pointless dicking around.  From reading back in the blog history it sounds like he's nowhere close to getting a rigged character in, he hasn't even mentioned falloff zones.

My Freebies

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 9:06 PM

Well, he has gotten the rigging to import. It just isn't parented to the figure and you can't really do anything with it yet ;).

Laurie

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2012 at 9:15 PM

Not exactly, he's gotten the bone endpoints in and created a hierarchy of bones in Blender based on that - by itself, that's not terribly useful (figure will bend like a plastic action figure), and it's a tiny tiny fraction as complex as converting the falloff zones.  It took Kuroyume years to get that working well in interPoser Pro/Cinema 4D, and even he stopped at Poser 7's rigging.

My Freebies

bob1965 ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 7:34 AM

Given that a few posters of negative opinion are the holders of vast knowledge and fathomless intellect perhaps they should bond with each other and create the penultimate Poser CR2 conversion program.

Successful or not, at least the guy's making some sort of effort rather than denigrating another's attempt.

JAFO ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 10:18 AM · edited Fri, 24 February 2012 at 10:21 AM

this thread is like a turd that just wont flush.... just keeps floating to the top...

theres some usefull info here that should be in its own thread not stuck on page twenty-something  of a thread that has no real significance IMHO...

just sayin....

;O)

Y'all have a great day.

Mogwa ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 11:26 AM

Quote - If DAZ makes a game-changing decision and no one is there...does it make a sound?

Well said.

I do hope free cheese is involved. Have you checked the price of Munster lately? It would be cheaper to eat dollar bills.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 1:30 PM

And don't forget that all the moaning etc. will all start again on Mrach 1st when it all goes back to paid items.

All those:

"It was free yesterday and now I have to pay for it" comments etc.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 3:10 PM

Quote - Given that a few posters of negative opinion are the holders of vast knowledge and fathomless intellect perhaps they should bond with each other and create the penultimate Poser CR2 conversion program. Successful or not, at least the guy's making some sort of effort rather than denigrating another's attempt.

What?  It's wrong of me to come out and say the guy has a very long way to go before it's any better than just exporting OBJ?  Is this better:

*** A MILLION STARS FROM ME AND A @>--- (THATS A ROSE) SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL GUSH GUSH ***

My Freebies

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 3:59 PM

Quote - And don't forget that all the moaning etc. will all start again on Mrach 1st when it all goes back to paid items.

All those:

All the best.

LROG

:lol:

True.  Very sad, but true. 

My Store

My Gallery

wingnut1 ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 4:42 PM

Quote - I sit on the river bank with my popcorn supply.

Mind if I join you? Popcorn Popcorn2

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 6:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - And don't forget that all the moaning etc. will all start again on Mrach 1st when it all goes back to paid items.

All those:

All the best.

LROG

Keep in mind that the Studio 4 Standard was also to be "free for a limited time only" (until October 31st, IIRC)  Look how that turned out. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise a bit me to read next week "Due the overwhelming response to our offer, its being extended*.*..." 😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2012 at 6:50 PM

Quote - It wouldn't surprise a bit me to read next week "Due the overwhelming response to our offer, its being extended*.*..." 😉

Nor me....lol.

Laurie

bob1965 ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2012 at 4:48 AM · edited Sat, 25 February 2012 at 4:49 AM

Quote - > Quote - Given that a few posters of negative opinion are the holders of vast knowledge and fathomless intellect perhaps they should bond with each other and create the penultimate Poser CR2 conversion program. Successful or not, at least the guy's making some sort of effort rather than denigrating another's attempt.

What?  It's wrong of me to come out and say the guy has a very long way to go before it's any better than just exporting OBJ?  Is this better:

*** A MILLION STARS FROM ME AND A @>--- (THATS A ROSE) SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL GUSH GUSH ***

Odd, don't see where I said one single word suggesting that a gush fest is in order, reads more like a general and reasonably polite version of "Step up and put up or STFU.", nor do I see your name mentioned.

When a general comment makes a person self concious that's a fairly reliable indicator that a little thinking is in order.

But hey, take it how ya like.

mysticeagle ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2012 at 8:00 AM

Maybe they have developed a version of multi-clone that will run on 256mb of ram and Windows 98 and have developed a new 200 headed, 400 nippled character to go along with it, or maybe they have just made the interface and library user friendly......don't get me wrong I love freebies and have also bought some great stuff off them through the years, heck I used to be an artzone member, but that was in a different life...Whatever it is, I wish them luck, unless it's news of the second coming I don't suppose it will matter too much to ordinary peeps like me :)

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2012 at 8:28 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - And don't forget that all the moaning etc. will all start again on Mrach 1st when it all goes back to paid items.

All those:

All the best.

LROG

Keep in mind that the Studio 4 Standard was also to be "free for a limited time only" (until October 31st, IIRC)  Look how that turned out. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise a bit me to read next week "Due the overwhelming response to our offer, its being extended*.*..." 😉

What they said is that Standard would be free until until the real, long-term free version was ready, with the expiry date of the free offer incrementing so that it could be ended as needed.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2012 at 9:29 AM

Ahem!!! It was stated that DS4 standard would be free until the Express version came out.

I wonder where the Express version went?

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

imax24 ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2012 at 9:35 PM

Quote - this thread is like a turd that just wont flush.... just keeps floating to the top...

I wouldn't go THAT far.  It's true the thread has probably gone beyond its original intent, which was to invite speculation on the earth-shaking, game-changing, pending announcement by Daz, and then to react to it when it happened. Mission accomplished.

I suspect it still has some relevance up to the time when Daz decides the new pricing for its softwarte, then we can yak about that.  It will either remain free or be steeply discounted, to continue the objective of getting people to buy stuff for Genesis. I would be shocked if they went back to $429.99 for DS4 Pro.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2012 at 10:02 PM

I don't think they can, not now.

It's kinda like a glamour model doing porno.  There's no going back. 

My Store

My Gallery

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2012 at 10:20 PM

Well, dunno. Most of the time things that are deeply discounted (like the V4 series stuff) at times is at its normal price, prices I'd never pay for it.

So, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see DS4 Pro back at its normal (pre-special) price... not at all.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 4:45 PM

To my understanding, up till now only two games have changed:

1. the great "throw more money at DAZ" game

2. the famous "how to fill up your hard drive" game

The well known "what I paid for last year comes for free this year" game hasn't changed at all.

So, what's up effectively?

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 8:13 PM

I gave up playing those games years ago.

D.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 8:16 PM

@RV - maybe they will, but to what effect?  I'd bet anyone who wanted it now has it. Can't imagine they'll get much in the way of passing trade with them now.

Still, I could be wrong.  Even Katie Price tried to reinvent herself.  Failed miserably but at least she tried.  :)

My Store

My Gallery

imax24 ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 9:05 PM · edited Sun, 26 February 2012 at 9:07 PM

It's true that just about every veteran 3D hobbyist who wants DS4 Pro for free has downloaded it by now, or at least now has it in their "purchase" history in case they want it someday.

The "DS4 Free" extension wouldn't be for them. It would be to dip into the constant flow of new hobbyists. People who wander onto the Daz or Rendo or RDNA sites, see some cool stuff, and think "Hmm, I'd like to try that." Newbies spend the most $$ once they get hooked. That's what Daz is trying to cash in on. If any of us oldies with bloated runtimes decide to buy some Genesis / V5 products as a result of this giveaway, that's just gravy.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 10:23 PM · edited Sun, 26 February 2012 at 10:25 PM

Quote - What they said is that Standard would be free until until the real, long-term free version was ready, with the expiry date of the free offer incrementing so that it could be ended as needed.

Richard,

I recall the October date from the Product page.  I went to look up the current date, and there is none, nor a product page; " No such item"

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/daz-studio-4?item=12194

There is still a version at Download.com, but it is over three months and several subversions out of date.  So, for the moment, a current version of Studio 4 Standard is not available, nor is Advanced (not that anyone would want it with Pro free).  We'll see if they reappear on the new website... 😉

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 10:51 PM

It's not hard to picture SID (Someone In DAZ) reading the forums, Making the comment "I'll bet fifty bucks if we gave them Pro for free, someone would still complain." and SIP (Someone In Power) reaching for his wallet, "You're on, suckah."

D.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 10:59 PM

Quote - It's not hard to picture SID (Someone In DAZ) reading the forums, Making the comment "I'll bet fifty bucks if we gave them Pro for free, someone would still complain." and SIP (Someone In Power) reaching for his wallet, "You're on, suckah."

D.

Cause ya just KNOW it's gonna happen...lol

Laurie

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2012 at 11:10 PM

I shopped at DAZ this weekend, but not for the "game-change" stuff. I needed some African animals and I was very pleased to find some antelope, an ostrich, vultures and a meerkat at DAZ. I can do so much with those, in Poser or Blender! Most of my other animals I collected from Content Paradise when they were giving away lots of animals and selling their animal bundles cheap. I am so happy to have the meerkat especially - for me, much nicer than any V4 or Genesis figure....My favourite DAZ product is the puppy, as my avatar shows.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 27 February 2012 at 6:51 AM

Quote - > Quote - What they said is that Standard would be free until until the real, long-term free version was ready, with the expiry date of the free offer incrementing so that it could be ended as needed.

Richard,

I recall the October date from the Product page.  I went to look up the current date, and there is none, nor a product page; " No such item"

http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/daz-studio-4?item=12194

There is still a version at Download.com, but it is over three months and several subversions out of date.  So, for the moment, a current version of Studio 4 Standard is not available, nor is Advanced (not that anyone would want it with Pro free).  We'll see if they reappear on the new website... 😉

I'm not disputing the sale end date, just saying that it was there so they could end the sale when they needed to (that is, when Express was ready). I think it had already been moved a few times, and presumably was again after October (but as you noticed, the lesser versions seem to have been pulled, presuambly to avoid confusion while pro is free).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.