Wed, Sep 18, 3:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: My Thread Gone

CD2011 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:20 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 3:23 PM

It appears that my Thread/Post has been deleted. I checked my email to see if there was an email from Rendo explaining why it was removed. There wasn't one. This was handled rather poorly. Even DAZ Mods emailed you to let you know that a post of yours was deleted and why. So this will be my last post here at Rendo.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:13 AM

Hi Charles,

I presume it was part of a large thread that is now missing; I'm sure it was a pracitcal matter, rather then any ill intent. I've had posts removed without notice at DAZ under such circumstances...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:17 AM

Quote - It appears that my Thread/Post has been deleted. I checked my email to see if there was an email from Rendo explaining why it was removed. There wasn't one. This was handled rather poorly. Even DAZ Mods emailed you to let you know that a post of yours was deleted and why. So this will be my last post here at Rendo.

there was an explanation posted.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849705

CD2011 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:24 AM

I wasn't bashing anybody. In fact, I was kinda poking fun at the situation over at DAZ Forums.

McGyver13 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 10:48 AM

Damn... I never got my questions answered. This happens every time I forget to check back on a thread... Now I'm wondering if my comment about leg loving dogs and the Ninja assassins from TV guide (actually it turns out it was Reader's Digest) had something to do with the post removal...

Sorry CD.

DustRider ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:23 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:30 AM

McGyver13

I gave a rather long answer to your question #3 - just before the thread went missing. It seems like the vouchers from the old site were converted to credit with the new site. I  had a gallery voucher that I hadn't used before the change over, and a PA item that I intended on purchasing before the change over. I purchased the item yesterday, when I checked out I clicked the checkbox to use store credit, and the entire ammount was paid, not just the 50% like it used to be.

I'm not sure how this will work going forward (i.e. with the new monthly vooucher/credit), but for now it would seem that they may have just converted it to store credit since they don't have a lot of the store features converted. Hope this helps.

Sorry for going OT - but this seemed to be the best place to respond to the question since the other thread  went missing.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:30 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:31 AM

DustRider, I think you will find that this was a one of thing, to facilitate the transfer of any remaining voucher amounts from the old store.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:33 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:51 AM

Khai is correct. 

Please do not start this thread where the other left off.

Forgot to add: It seems you did not get my email. Please check your site mail.

Thanks

DustRider ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:33 AM

I thought that might be the case. It was rather good of them to handle it in the "customers favor" so to speak.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

McGyver13 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 12:07 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 12:09 PM

Thanks DustRider. I did understand the part about the credit vs voucher thing, what I was wondering about was whether DAZ  still has a search choice for "DAZ originals"...  

Basically I use my month PC voucher to by older "DAZ originals"... with the old store finding something I could use took a while... Now with no apparent way of telling what is a "DAZ original" I would have to spend even longer using trial and error at checkout or memorize who is a DAZ artist and who is a PA...  Before the new store changes I was already questioning whether or not I was really getting anything out of PC membership... I think with the new restriction it is probably no longer $$$ worth it for me... It WOULD be if I bought more stuff, more often, especially now that they added the inclusion of the PC discount into sale price... But, I guess DAZ will probably lose a lot PC members who buy infrequently and justify the membership based on the old voucher system... which is what I do/did. I was hoping they would get the new forums open soon... there are a few questions I wanted to ask about certain store and site details... I think though it is gonna be a madhouse when they do.... people with dumb gripes, people with legit complaints, confused people, angry impatient people and impervious willed fans... and very tired mods.

I don't want to restart whatever it was that exiled the old thread to the twilight zone, I just wanted to state why I asked the question and that there was NO harm intended... 

Thanks again DustRider and anyone else who may have tried to answer my questions.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:24 PM

McGyver13Asked > Quote - Thanks DustRider. I did understand the part about the credit vs voucher thing, what I was wondering about was whether DAZ  still has a search choice for "DAZ originals"...  

snipped

Yes, if you visit the new store, Where it lets you put in content filters, you will see one called "Top Published Artists" The first one in that list is Daz3D

Hope that helps you.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

CD2011 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:50 PM

Quote - ..It seems you did not get my email. Please check your site mail.

Thanks

Got it. Sorry for starting a thread that got out of hand.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 3:05 PM

Awww...  Lord_V, you missed it...

I posted a witty retort regarding your Ninja assassins issue.  I was hoping you read it before the whole thread was "Ninja-ed"

Now I suspect Jen really is a Ninja...

Take care all...

Ken

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 3:43 PM

As you talk about store credit: I was looking for my monthly PC voucher and could not find it but now, as I read through this thread, I found it as Store Credit. Fine! But: Has someone of you a clue on how to use it?! If I go through the checkout process it seems that the 6 $ are not taken off from the sum...

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:10 PM

There should be a check box, by what was posted earlier, that tells the system to use the credit. I don't have any to test the process, though.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:16 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:17 PM

Mine did apply automatically.  When I checked out it asked me how I wanted to pay, and I clicked "store credit" which is one of the options.

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:16 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:20 PM

I will look for the checkbox as the credit was not applied automatically...

Edit: I found the box, it appeared together with the Paypal checkbox. Thanks a lot for helping me out on this!!

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

CD2011 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:35 PM

Is anyone else having trouble getting past the "Continue To: Requested Page on ShareCG.com" Page?

TJaiman ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:50 PM

Quote - Is anyone else having trouble getting past the "Continue To: Requested Page on ShareCG.com" Page?

Took me a couple of clicks. Usually takes one. Not too bad for me.

finkysteets ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 9:54 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 9:56 PM

Quote - Got it. Sorry for starting a thread that got out of hand.

's Not your fault.  We understand the necessity of keeping things on a well-meaning track.  I thought you were more or less providing an alternate place for users to meet and discuss recent changes where some probably saw it as helpful. 

I and someone else had followed that thread to the 4th page and saw users expressing their concerns (some bluntly and some politely), but nothing that I would have considered attacking DAZ.  I presumed it was either not good for their new image or something must have happened after the last viewing.  Still, you have to admit it made it further than some, under the circumstances.  ;)

Daja ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2012 at 10:04 PM

Just when I was getting used to it, drat, more changes.

durf ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 3:53 AM

Quote - It appears that my Thread/Post has been deleted. I checked my email to see if there was an email from Rendo explaining why it was removed. There wasn't one. This was handled rather poorly. Even DAZ Mods emailed you to let you know that a post of yours was deleted and why. So this will be my last post here at Rendo.

that's not alwyas correct.

daz removed my posts so many times

for 80% they never told me why the post was removed!

that was a big problem for me, see my post deleted without a good explaning what was wrong with it.

how can i learn what i did wrong, and language communication problems.

oh boy, it happens to me all the time. very frustrating.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.