Sun, Sep 22, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Genesis and M4 Poses

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:11 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:36 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_481684.jpg

It’s all in the attached image. I have applied an M4 pose to Genesis. How do I fix the problem with the feet?

mishamcm ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:22 PM

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=170864

PoppaC ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:22 PM

I do hope someone has some way to fix this  it seems only poses made for genesis will work in genesis and that kills a lot of poses it is fingers hands etc...

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:43 PM
mathman ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:53 PM · edited Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:53 PM

file_481688.jpg

Didn't quite work....

PoppaC ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 8:25 PM

nope i just tried it myself  we do need somthing  it will work on some but not all seems 3rd party poses not good for DAZ 4

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 8:41 PM

Quote - nope i just tried it myself  we do need somthing  it will work on some but not all seems 3rd party poses not good for DAZ 4

it really isn't a big deal to fix. The link to the script fixes most issues and the ones it doesn't takes a couple of clicks to zero a foot or hand then you can pose how you like.

One thing I have been doing is loading V4 and then using my fav poses, posing then saving as a DSF POSE and then apply it to genesis, works pretty well

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

kylumi ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 1:44 AM

Quote - It’s all in the attached image.
I have applied an M4 pose to Genesis.
How do I fix the problem with the feet?

Select the Genesis foot then, hold down Control+E .......

Works for me every time.

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 8:21 AM

I just tried Ctrl-E, it worked for me, too. Excellent !

jakiblue ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 1:50 AM

try a gen4 pose on genesis in the new DS 4.5 release (if you have it) - no stretching of feet or hands, although you may still have tweak the feet to get htem in position properly.

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:31 AM

Is it a beta ? ... Is it pro/advanced ?

jakiblue ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 3:46 AM

still beta, i think.

http://wwwnew2.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/64/

FyraNyanser ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2012 at 10:17 AM · edited Mon, 28 May 2012 at 10:19 AM

They are calling it Release Candidate which is a bit more than a beta (although still technically beta) and it should only have the sort of bugs that final versions get released with anyway (that could be a big "should", of course).

There are a variety of caveats so I would read the changes carefully (frankly, I would read the whole thread that jakiblue kindly linked to) before upgrading. The one that was intially stopping me is that 3rd party plugins will not work as yet, although the SDK is out so this should not take them long. However, after having read that thread I may hang fire even longer until the issues are better explored and explained.

It will replace your current version and as far as I know you cannot run 4.5 and 4.0.x on the same instance of Windows (presumably Mac, too).

Oh, and it's Pro. I'm wondering if there's only going to be a Pro version from now on.

But anyway, on topic: that Ctrl-E didn't do anything for me, it could be that my shortcuts got wiped (I lost a few of them a while ago, such as Ctrl-Z). What actual command or whatever is Ctrl-E supposed to invoke? I have that script that Adam wrote, and that has always worked for me, but I'd like to know about that command.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.