Mon, Oct 21, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue 10.5 Infinite Final Release Now Available!

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 8:01 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 5:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_10.5_infinite/?page=1&Hide10

I got email from e-on: Vue 10.5 xStream and Vue 10.5 Infinite are now officially released! If you are using the Vue 10.5 Pre Release, you should now download the Final Release.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_10.5_infinite/?page=1&Hide10

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

CobraEye ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2012 at 9:07 PM

I remember when incremental updates were FREE!  Alas, those days have past.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 4:38 AM
Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 7:29 AM

And I started with Vue 7 Infinite the Maintenance plan, that includes all updates free in subscription period. Things have changed :biggrin:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 7:45 AM

I'm stopping at version 10 for now.  The only new feature that interests me is the stacked eco-system.  Doesn't seem worth the $200-$300 to have it though.  Maybe Vue 13 or 14 will have enough new features to get me to buy the program again?  But arguing with e-on to get bugs fixed this time around for version 10 was not fun for its money.  I feel bad for the new people buying version 11, not knowing e-on's bug-fixing haggle routine.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

penboack ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 5:59 AM

Contrast this with Side Effect Software, who, even though I am using the non commercial version which obviously doesn't include support, respond to my bug reports and frequently have a fix next day!

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 7:06 AM

3D-Coat.

I report a bug and I'm told that yes it's a bug and will be fixed (no arguing, no fanboys/PR guys saying it's the user's fault).  Two days later I get a twitter reply that the bug is fixed and an update is posted for download.

hein ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 11:22 PM

Hmm, from Vue 0.90 to 1.00 was free , but from 1.00 to 1.20 cost the full price, no upgrade there. But then again Vue 1.20 was only $99 :)

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 10:35 AM

First mini update. 

Vue 10.5 Infinite - Build 10501489 - BETAThe following is a list of bug fixes and improvements included in this update:

Publishing Date: EEF: 05/30/2012

• Fixed wrong Multi-pass G-Buffer shifted last frame when rendering an animation with multi-frame anti-aliasing.
  • Fixed rendering of animation with frame increment through the standalone renderer.
  • Fixed possible crash with background material preview updates.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:50 AM

New EEF:   Vue 10.5 Infinite - Build 10501494 - BETA The following is a list of bug fixes and improvements included in this update:

Publishing Date: EEF: 06/01/2012

• Fixed a possible crash in scene containing a procedural terrain and editing some filter.
  • Fixed potential crash when editing alpha filter for complex materials.
  • Fixed the Standalone Renderer.
  • Fixed wrong Multi-pass G-Buffer shifted last frame when rendering an animation with multi-frame anti-aliasing.
  • Fixed rendering of animation with frame increment through the standalone renderer.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

offrench ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 9:20 AM

E-On has apparently set up an automatic process that creates a new build every once in a while (apparently on a weekly basis) and posts the update to subscribed users with the list of bugs corrected.

Also, I have kept updates since build 10501339 and they are labeled as Release Candidates and not beta.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

penboack ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 3:37 PM

Sorry, but can creating a new build be an automatic process? The development team has to fix some bugs and then create a build at that point, presumably the build undergoes some QA, after which an update is signed off for release.

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 4:56 PM

I always keep the last three updates of any version.  You never know if the current update is the best one.

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 10:54 AM

New Update:

Vue 10.5 Infinite - Build 10501575 - BETAThe following is a list of bug fixes and improvements included in this update:

Publishing Date: EEF: 06/19/2012

• Fixed compatibility with some Python scripts on non English OS.
  • Fixed potential material scaling and mapping issues when editing some plants created before Vue 9, and pressing the New Plant button.
  • Fixed a crash when opening the Poser Mesh Options with some models.
  • Fixed the selection of the last render in the stack (when it is full and the option "Discard oldest renders" is chosen).
  • Fixed a possible freeze when displaying a render in full screen mode.
  • Improved zooming with mouse wheel in Top/Side/Front views.
  • Fixed "Use global illumination" option on Object Saving.
  • Fixed progress bar with glowing materials.
  • Improved EcoSystem population: Vue now avoids taking altitude range into account when object has no thickness.
  • Improved EcoSystem Painter: Vue now avoids painting on invisible Sea level object (to avoid instances to appear floating in the air).
  • Fixed the stacking limit with the EcoSystem Painter.
  • Improved EcoSystem stacking with regular alignment.
  • Added a 1/10000th precision for all material scale.
  • Fixed animation preview in OpenGL mode.
  • Fixed stacked instances that were sometimes not aligned/rotated with splines.
  • Drag&Drop a picture to a mix material will no longer modify the distribution graph.
  • Improved updating of the terrain editor heightmap.
  • Fixed a random crash when using the "loose response" slider in the object animation panel (link-to/tracking).
  • imporved refreshing the terrain editor global 2d normal effect.
  • Fixed a possible file extension problem when exporting the terrain editor map.
  • Fixed using broken tangents with cylclic splines.
  • [RenderNode] Fixed wrong output format options used for animations, when option -frame or -range is present in the command line.

Fixes included in previous Beta update (build 10501494)

Publishing Date: EEF: 06/01/2012

• Fixed a possible crash in scene containing a procedural terrain and editing some filter.
  • Fixed potential crash when editing alpha filter for complex materials.
  • Fixed the Standalone Renderer.

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

nfredman ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 12:07 PM

Thank you, Mazak--this build may address this weird thing where a Realms Art olive tree based on the Summer Cherry was not showing any textures at all--and not giving a "not found" error, either.

Your copying over the fix features is much appreciated.

Paloth ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 1:34 AM

It's a shame that e-on makes you pay for bug fixes halfway to the next version.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.