Thu, Sep 19, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Saving Bryce Objects for Export

Agent0013 ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2012 at 3:29 PM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 3:30 AM

I have created several cool 3D models using Bryce 7 Pro. While I can use them in my own works done in Bryce and DAZ Studio, I have been unable to save and export them so that I can upload them as free or salable objects for others to use.
I need someone to give me simple step by step instructions on how to do this. If anyone knows how to do this and can send me step by step instructions, I will greatly appreciate it.
I’m new to this kind of thing, so make it as simple as possible.
Thank you.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 7:11 AM
Forum Moderator

If memory serves you can export them as a booleaned group in several formats.

Provided your models have a boolean group you can try FILE/EXPORT AS.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 8:19 AM · edited Wed, 30 May 2012 at 8:25 AM

If you have used booleans to create a model you might be better using 'C' for Collapse before exporting the model.

'C' is accessed from the little menu that appears near an object in the Bryce viewport, with 'A' at the top.

Collapse  This 'C' is only available once objects are grouped.

If it was me, I'd save one version not collapsed and one collapsed and then look at the number of polys in each model, and export the smallest.

If you only need the Bryce obp then create a new category in the create menu and then save the object to that catagory - in File manager go to Program Files/Daz 3D/Bryce7Pro/Presets/Objects - and find the catagory you created, save that category to... a zip file if you want to, or just to a folder where you intend to keep all your .obp files for sale or freebies - and you're done.

(P.S. In the case of a cube with a hole as in my demo - the collapsed version is very much higher in polys, so beware.)

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Agent0013 ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 11:23 AM

file_481869.jpg

Thanks guys! You are all awesome friends. I will check out these methods. 

Keep the advice coming. I wish to learn all I can.

I'm attaching a small file of one of my renders for your viewing pleasure. I hope you like it. Tell me what you think.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 11:38 AM

Sorry for the multiple postings. My Internet connection keeps going out.

TheBryster ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 1:03 PM
Forum Moderator

No problem. I'll delete the extras for you.

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2012 at 8:34 PM

Beautiful stealty looking model.

I have a question about "collapsing" a booleaned object.  It may be relavant to Agent0013's question.  If various parts of a booleaned group has different mats applied.  Will the mats remain when the mesh is collapsed?

Agent0013 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:06 AM · edited Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:09 AM

Quote - Beautiful stealty looking model.

I have a question about "collapsing" a booleaned object.  It may be relavant to Agent0013's question.  If various parts of a booleaned group has different mats applied.  Will the mats remain when the mesh is collapsed?

This is a legitimate question. I would definitely like to know the answer to that one as well.

Thanks for the compliment, this model was done using a symmetric lattice onto which I imposed a template that I created in MSO PowerPoint. I then used the Deep Terrain Editor to add details to the lattices. After that I added a black texture with high specularity and reflectivity. The Refraction setting is at 153 (glass). If you would like more details concerning how to do something like this, let me know. I'll create a tutorial and upload it to Renderosity.

I'm passing along this information in case anybody wants to try this. I would appreciate a look at any renders you make using this kind of thing. 

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:41 AM
Forum Moderator

As far as I am aware, the mats remain in place.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 6:25 PM

best bet is to make a simple bool object with multiple textures and try it....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 6:41 PM

Quote - If memory serves you can export them as a booleaned group in several formats.

Provided your models have a boolean group you can try FILE/EXPORT AS.

Y lost that bit of memory Chris...no such command under File..Export Object but is grayed out with a Bool Group selected....

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 9:45 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks, Bobby. I put in for a new brain but it didn't come through yet.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:23 AM

Hee hee hee...Know how y feel. Whern I started recording my solo cd 2 weeks back I found I'd forgotten most of wht I'd learned recording back in th last century [well it was still analog back then anyway...new boat to float here] and had to get my sometimes bass player here to engineer for me. Good thing too cuz he's also an excellent recording engineer and we avoided all the hassles I was having...did 14 songs in 2 days....

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 12:50 PM · edited Sat, 02 June 2012 at 12:54 PM

Hey everyone, I'm posting this here because it is relevant to this thread. It is also relevant to several other threads in the Bryce forum.

Want to learn all you can about Bryce 7? As soon as possible, look for and download this Adobe Reader PDF, the "Bryce 7 Artist's Guide! I found it and downloaded it and have been perusing its pages. I learned a lot already that I have not seen anywhere else on the internet or in any written publication. I think everybody who uses Bryce should get this Guide. While it is for the current version of Bryce, there is a lot in it that I'm sure will help with some of the earlier versions as well. And If you find that you want what is available in Bryce 7 only, the Pro version of 7 is free until August, if my memory serves me correctly. I have it and really love it.

Unfortunately the DAZ 3D site is down for maintenance right now, but when it comes back up, you would be doing yourself a favor to get this PDF. It goes into deep detail about the software, and reveals little known details. (Sorry that I don't know the link so that I can post it here yet, but I'll provide it in the next message I post here.)

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 1:14 PM

Here is the promised link for acquiring the Bryce 7 Artist's Guide.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/bryce/start

Check it out! If you have Bryce 7, I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Yes, I'm a Bryceaholic! I sought, and I found! You can too!

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 8:21 AM
Forum Moderator

KItchen's Bryce Bible is a very good too - if you can get your hands on a copy.

Voyager-I ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 4:04 AM

Thanks Agent0013 for the link to the Bryce 7 artist's guide! Have been using the Bryce 6 Artist Guide for the past week, it came with the download imbedded with the help. Have just started using the Bryce 7 Pro Program, will be watching what and how you make those 3D models in Bryce. I don't really want to import stuff (there is alot of it and some is really good). Really creative on using the MS office powerpoint, ingenious!

Will be watching for that tutorial! Have not used MS PP, another program to be looked into.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2012 at 9:06 AM

The MS PP software is part of the Microsoft Office package, which I highly recommend to everybody who uses the Windows OS. `There are several programs included. If you can learn to use all of them, it is a good way to manage a business. The 2 MS Office programs I use the most are Word and PowerPoint.

You don't have to use just those programs, however. You can use pictures done in another program or even photographs. I was even able to create a statue in Bryce from a photo. The effect is kind of low in quality, but it does work. All you have to do in Bryce's DTE is select New>Picture, then navigate to the folder where the image you want is kept and click on that image. The image will be pasted onto the terrain or symmetrical lattice you are working with.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 10:57 AM

Update:

For those of you still waiting on my tutorial, I am still working on it. When I upload it I want it to be easy to follow. My reasoning behind this is that I know how frustrating it can be when the tutorial you are trying to learn something from is disorganized, or leaves something out that is important, or makes the process too complicated. Therefore, to keep from uploading something I would not like if I were a new Bryce user, I will continue to work on the tutorial until even the newest user can understand it.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2012 at 8:33 AM

Quote - Update:

For those of you still waiting on my tutorial, I am still working on it. When I upload it I want it to be easy to follow. My reasoning behind this is that I know how frustrating it can be when the tutorial you are trying to learn something from is disorganized, or leaves something out that is important, or makes the process too complicated. Therefore, to keep from uploading something I would not like if I were a new Bryce user, I will continue to work on the tutorial until even the newest user can understand it.

It seems as though I still have some work to do to get this done right. There are so many things to consider when you are working with two very different programs on the same project. Rest assured that it will be done; and when it is, I'll inform all of you here, and tell you what to look for and where to find it. As much as I'd like to have it ready for you now, I must be sure that it is something people will want to use for learning the process. I think it would be great to have a friend that has a late version of Bryce and the Microsoft Office suite and is willing to test the tutorial and let me know how well I did. If anything needed to be changed, that friend could help me figure out what changes to make. Anybody interested?

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 11:01 AM

Quote - Beautiful stealty looking model.

Yes, if you boolean a cube together with a cylinder (to make a tubular hole) and they have different textures/mats, then once collapsed - even when exported, the (for instance) green marble material on the cube, and the red striped material on the cylinder will remain in place.

So you'd have a green marble cube with a red stripey tube shaped hole through it.

And if the model was made with Bryce primitives then it has UV coordinates and you don't need to UVMap it.  So if you export it you can add new textures to the green marble cube faces, and to the red stripey hole faces - actually you can do that even without exporting...

And I think the 'Export' option becomes available once the group is collapsed.

(but I usually save a before and after version before collapsing)

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 12:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - Beautiful stealty looking model.

Yes, if you boolean a cube together with a cylinder (to make a tubular hole) and they have different textures/mats, then once collapsed - even when exported, the (for instance) green marble material on the cube, and the red striped material on the cylinder will remain in place.

So you'd have a green marble cube with a red stripey tube shaped hole through it.

And if the model was made with Bryce primitives then it has UV coordinates and you don't need to UVMap it.  So if you export it you can add new textures to the green marble cube faces, and to the red stripey hole faces - actually you can do that even without exporting...

And I think the 'Export' option becomes available once the group is collapsed.

(but I usually save a before and after version before collapsing)

I am assuming your use of the word collapse is in reference to the Convert to Mesh feature in Bryce. Am I correct? The reason I am asking this question is that I have found no reference to "Collapse" in the Bryce 7 Artist's Guide or in any tutorials I have looked at.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 2:51 PM
Forum Moderator

We do sometimes use the word 'collapse' instead of 'convert'.

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sat, 04 August 2012 at 5:22 PM

The Bryster's called it. Collapse was what they originally called it, but convert is closer to what happens.

by the shade it casts.

Fran's Freestuff

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 9:37 AM

The word "Collapse" could work to describe this process; however, as you say, Fran, "Convert to Mesh" is more descriptive of what actually occurs.

I have found that using this feature will cause the converted group to become a single object that can no longer be ungrouped. Because of this, it is advisable to save the group in your objects library or as a Bryce scene file before the conversion. I think it can also be saved as a .obj file. Of course it may be that to save as a .obj file you must first convert it to a mesh. All of these ways to save a file are still a little confusing to me, but I'm learning. Hopefully I'll pick it up with a fair amount of practice.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

P.S.

If you wish to shorten my user name when addessing me, use 0013. They kept me out of MI-6 because I'm an American, (among other reasons), so I won't have to kill you if I tell you something. lol.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 9:43 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear that, 0013. And I'm afraid MI6 rejects are not permitted on my planet either.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 05 August 2012 at 10:07 AM

Quote - Sorry to hear that, 0013. And I'm afraid MI6 rejects are not permitted on my planet either.

I may be an MI6 reject, but I'm at least good enough for MI.00006.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.