Fri, Sep 20, 7:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

kadix ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 6:58 AM · edited Thu, 14 June 2012 at 7:04 AM

file_482445.jpg

Now that I posted my first image, this is my last one. I made the crystal forest with blender. I took me a while to find correct parameters for the crystal, and this is absolutely not what I wanted to ended up with. But this is enough, maybe I'll try with other parameters some day. You can see higher rez (1800x1800) at the link [http://rankerx.deviantart.com/art/Godess-of-Crystals-307906705?](http://rankerx.deviantart.com/art/Godess-of-Crystals-307906705)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 8:02 AM

Quote - > Quote - Still likin' that lightsaber!  :)   ...and this is that leather I was workin' on.

(click for bigger)

Sweet! Interesting toes, too.

What did you end up using for your light settings on the blade? I had a hell of a time getting the glare to stay on the blade and not transfer to the little lights (set as glossy and not an actual light oddly enough).

For the Sabers, I just make changes in Reality, convert to light, make it it's own light group, change to RGB, pick a color.  (in the above its purple, 124,0,249).  Then render, and in Lux...I turn it down to like 0.1 - 0.2 Gain, turn up main light to 10 gain, then estimate settings in Tone Mapping, and tweak.  (not sure if that is bad practice or not, but it seems to work)  Then I turn on the Glare under lens effect, 24 blades, 0.004/0.02/0.8 for amount/radius/threshhold...then tweak those.

The fingers are interesting too, but you can't see them as much.  Also on the pose the face is a little combination of Alien and Goat...LOL! (Big eyes, longer face)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 8:13 AM

Would this thread make more sense (or similar) in a Luxrender Forum here, instead of in the Daz Studio forum?

That way people who use Lux from Pose2Lux, LuxrenderDS, LuxBlend and other software could also join in and make threads to share more ideas on Lux in General, and its settings, meterials, development, etc?

Still a Reality thread though...of course, but in that forum.

Just seems to me that we may be limiting a bunch of feedback and cooperation from other users of Lux that could provide good input, by being in a DS forum.

Just a thought...they don't even have a Luxrender forum here...yet.

59Burst ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 8:32 AM

Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

The high heels Genesis are wearing are not in the store yet. The creator (skg72) has provided special morphs for Genesis to make them fit almost perfectly in every position.

I got lucky beta-testing them :)  

I'm just as impressed -- if not more -- by the fit of the stockings.  Are you gonna tell us that there's no postwork on those?

Ab-fab image, btw.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:19 AM

Hey kadix, glad to hear that Make Your Own Reality made such difference. I have added your image with the crystals to our dA gallery and to the Facebook page.

Cheers 

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:56 AM

Quote - Would this thread make more sense (or similar) in a Luxrender Forum here, instead of in the Daz Studio forum?

I don't think so. The disparity of options between Reality and LuxBlend, for example, makes these two programs nothing alike and the experience of using them is completely different. People who use LuxBlend would have almost nothing to share with Reality artists. While the rendering engine is obviously the same, the workflow for Reality is completely different and it does make sense to have a thread here in Studio forum because of Reality's tight integration with its hosting application.

Reality's strength is in the User Interface and its material editor, which is unique of this plug-in. This thread has been always, in its earlier incarnations, not just about showing images, but also about providing help for Reality artists about its unique workflow so I think that this is the most appropriate place for it.

All the best. 

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 11:19 AM

Attached Link: Doll poke

This is why I love Reality LUX. Warning *Feishism nudity sexual content*

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 12:09 PM

Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

The high heels Genesis are wearing are not in the store yet. The creator (skg72) has provided special morphs for Genesis to make them fit almost perfectly in every position.

High heels, what high heels??? I'm distracted by those glorious long legs and stockings!

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 12:14 PM

Let us know when the shoes go on sale please

john3d ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 12:25 PM

Many thanks to Braintickler for testing these for me. Here are the first two pieces -

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62714/view/5/3D-Model/RealitySpots

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 12:32 PM

And when those legs hit the store as well.

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 1:55 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

I'm just as impressed -- if not more -- by the fit of the stockings.  Are you gonna tell us that there's no postwork on those?

Ab-fab image, btw.

Nono, I did some postwork on the bended knee and on a small part of the streched leg for irl there is no 'space' between knee and stocking. :)

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 1:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

Ab-fab image, btw.

Nono, I did some postwork on the bended knee and on a small part of the streched leg for irl there is no 'space' between knee and stocking. :)

PS is your friend....

callad ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 1:58 PM

Quote - Let us know when the shoes go on sale please

I will Bob :) Could take a while cuz the creator has a full day-job and a family, so creating gets on a third place..

callad ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quote - And when those legs hit the store as well.

grins I see you haven't changed a bit Anton.. Good! ..since I would not have it any other way :)

Amethst25 ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 3:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

Ab-fab image, btw.

PS is your friend....

You should work for Photoshop!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Xandi ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 3:34 PM

Thank you Paolo for confirming the stop and start rendering in Lux.  I had read Reality's user guide but I thought I had misunderstood it. It seemed to good to be true.

Xandi ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 3:40 PM

Quote - Now that I posted my first image, this is my last one. I made the crystal forest with blender. I took me a while to find correct parameters for the crystal, and this is absolutely not what I wanted to ended up with. But this is enough, maybe I'll try with other parameters some day. You can see higher rez (1800x1800) at the link http://rankerx.deviantart.com/art/Godess-of-Crystals-307906705

I liked this image alot.  The crystals are really nice, I would love to be able to make something this good.  There's a very nice feeling to this piece, what were you unhappy with?

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 4:03 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

Ab-fab image, btw.

PS is your friend....

LOL, no kidding

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

superboomturbo ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 5:01 PM · edited Thu, 14 June 2012 at 5:02 PM

Other than amounts in the glare tab, I used pretty much that technique too. I tried with my Barley character on the previous page using the red led preset, as going with a straight RGB red, even major gain reduction, didn't quite get the look I was going for. After about 50 tries, I let the compute layer do it's thing and then went back and added the RGB picker and black body adjustments.

I still want to do another as it was a great technical exercise.

*This was supposed to be quoted to 3doutlaw. Doh!

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 5:28 PM · edited Thu, 14 June 2012 at 5:35 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

Ab-fab image, btw.

PS is your friend....

LOL, no kidding

Il tell ya it saves a lot of grief I love the purist attitude here it cracks me up like I crack you guys up with my line..

Perhaps it is due to being a PS artist prior to getting into rendering art. The only reason I did that was to have consistant scenes / characters for my stories / paid comission projects..

59Burst ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 5:31 PM · edited Thu, 14 June 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Callad, thats a great render!  Love the lighting.  How did you get her shoes to fit so well?  They fit better than my own shoes do.   Beautiful lighting on the stockings too.

Ab-fab image, btw.

Nono, I did some postwork on the bended knee and on a small part of the streched leg for *** irl there is no 'space' between knee and stocking***. :)

I see what you did there. 

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quote -
Il tell ya it saves a lot of grief I love the purist attitude here it cracks me up like I crack you guys up with my line..

Perhaps it is due to being a PS artist prior to getting into rendering art. The only reason I did that was to have consistant scenes / characters for my stories / paid comission projects..

I hear ya Bob, whatever works for you man! I was using photoshop long before I even knew what rendering was which is probably why I tend to stay away from post work depending on the project and the renderer. Plus I also spend days at a time in it doing repaints/texture/paintkits for certain game items I mod.

I actually have an employeee that is a photoshop guru. he just lost his 3 figure ad job doing nothing but photoshop work, Been trying to get him into digital art to see what he can do.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 6:01 PM · edited Thu, 14 June 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quote - > Quote -

I hear ya Bob, whatever works for you man! I was using photoshop long before I even knew what rendering was which is probably why I tend to stay away from post work depending on the project and the renderer. Plus I also spend days at a time in it doing repaints/texture/paintkits for certain game items I mod.

I actually have an employeee that is a photoshop guru. he just lost his 3 figure ad job doing nothing but photoshop work, Been trying to get him into digital art to see what he can do.

There's just some stuff that dont transalte well in LUX. The way I look at it is its about the finished result. PS is designed to work with 3D anyhow.  I have to say I am a LUX man now no doubt about that!

Some of you have been at it much longer and build your own content. I still have to start experimenting with normal maps. But overall I find I get decent results with film response & LUX settings..

Xandi ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 7:25 PM

How or where do you choose the "big" option for rendering?

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quote - How or where do you choose the "big" option for rendering?

In the output tab in reality there is an option for frame size. Keep in mind that depending on how complex your scene is, increasing the size will take more resources.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Tollaris ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

New one from me. Nothing major, just an image that poped in my head and wouldn't leave till I tried to make it.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -

There's just some stuff that dont transalte well in LUX. The way I look at it is its about the finished result. PS is designed to work with 3D anyhow.  I have to say I am a LUX man now no doubt about that!

Some of you have been at it much longer and build your own content. I still have to start experimenting with normal maps. But overall I find I get decent results with film response & LUX settings..

I'm not a purest I do use PS from time to time. But you do say you us PS ALL the time.. We get it.. You really don't have you use PS..

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:38 PM · edited Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:46 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote -

I'm not a purest I do use PS from time to time. But you do say you us PS ALL the time.. We get it.. You really don't have you use PS..

Wow touchy! From someone who never has a kind word to offer no less...

I do 99% of the time. I am not attacking anyone or dissing Reality so....

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 9:41 PM

Quote - New one from me. Nothing major, just an image that poped in my head and wouldn't leave till I tried to make it.

My style right on!

superboomturbo ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 10:16 PM

Easy on the personal attacks, ladies and gents. Gots' to keep it civil in here or the delete stick comes out. Ahem...

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 10:19 PM · edited Thu, 14 June 2012 at 10:22 PM

Quote - Easy on the personal attacks, ladies and gents. Gots' to keep it civil in here or the delete stick comes out. Ahem...

I agree I was just having some fun..... Sides its MY preferred workflow and I never said that everyone else had to follow...

I have no time for flame warz either there are enough sites with that BS already...

I come here to share my stuff and get and offer advice if I can..

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 12:26 AM

And I do apologize if my opinion is offending some of you. It is certainly not my goal...

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:52 AM · edited Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:53 AM

Quote - From someone who never has a kind word to offer no less...

Amethst25 is one of the nicest people around :)

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:54 AM · edited Fri, 15 June 2012 at 2:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - From someone who never has a kind word to offer no less...

Amethst25 is one of the nicest people around :)

I am allowed to offer my opinion even if not everyone agrees. As far as I know I was not bashing anyone all I say is PS is your friend. Why is that so offensive I dont get it...

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 8:38 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here's my little addition to the Reality thread.  Not a full Lux render but a SLG render that I let run overnight.  Can't seem to commit to a full 20+ hours for a minimum of 500 passes on a decent sized Lux render.  It's a pretty simple setup.  Model, clothes, scenery, 2 lights(sun and single spot) and render.  This ran like 1930 passes.

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 9:13 AM

Not bad for SLG I never am able to render characters in SLG

Amethst25 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 10:19 AM

bobvan you have a PM

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 10:26 AM

Quote - bobvan you have a PM

Got it and replied and I am sorry if I offended you, and wanted to clarify that when I said from someone who never offers a kind word, I meant towards the images I posted. I dont expect everyone to like what I do and vice versa anyhow I think its time to put this to bed. As I said those are my opinions and they do not in violation of the forum rules...

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 11:51 AM

Boom can you delete this and the post above as per Amethst25 request please and thank you. I think this is getting away from what the forum is suppose to be about..

Rayman29 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:00 PM

I did'nt know we could post full nudes here, how progressive.

superboomturbo ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:47 PM · edited Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:49 PM

Its fine as is. You owned up and apologiezed. Good 'nuff for me. Now we can make it go away with more renders!

Callad, if you ever see this, much love and respect for your stocking adorations! When you're up for a big challenge, try fitting one (with holes!) to a V4 base stocking to a super small character. Guh... tough indeed!

No retouches, just text, my sig and the border

Haven't got the link for the DA version just yet (as it hasn't been created yet!) but I'm under superboomturbo as usual

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quote - > Quote - Those are some large, gravity defying/augmented knockers! I know what you mean though. What chairs did you use? The scroll work came out super nice!

I just can't win, I played with all the different genesis breast movement morphs to "try" and make it look more natural.  I even got the render idea by watching my GF sitting in a chair watching a movie, LOL. I guess being around and knowing mostly women with implants has an impact on my perspective, LOL.

I used Genesis Generation X to convert posermatic's NBM and NGM to Genesis versions.. works like a charm.  If you have gen x and don't know how to do it then just message me and I'll give you a rundown on how to do it.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 2:02 PM

Quote - Callad, if you ever see this, much love and respect for your stocking adorations! When you're up for a big challenge, try fitting one (with holes!) to a V4 base stocking to a super small character. Guh... tough indeed!

OMG! That is like waving a red flag to Callad! You'll be sorry lol (or maybe not).

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 2:03 PM

Quote - I used Genesis Generation X to convert posermatic's NBM and NGM to Genesis versions.. works like a charm.  If you have gen x and don't know how to do it then just message me and I'll give you a rundown on how to do it.

PM sent :)

My DA Gallery

superboomturbo ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 2:27 PM · edited Fri, 15 June 2012 at 2:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - Callad, if you ever see this, much love and respect for your stocking adorations! When you're up for a big challenge, try fitting one (with holes!) to a V4 base stocking to a super small character. Guh... tough indeed!

OMG! That is like waving a red flag to Callad! You'll be sorry lol (or maybe not).

Hey Doc! I'm felling ballsy. Break out the pompodor and let 'er charge! Toro!!!

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 3:03 PM

Quote - > Quote - I used Genesis Generation X to convert posermatic's NBM and NGM to Genesis versions.. works like a charm.  If you have gen x and don't know how to do it then just message me and I'll give you a rundown on how to do it.

Replied.  

It's pretty easy to convert about 60% of the morph packages out there to Genesis via GenX Genesis.  That little script is a life-saver.  I've almost quit using V4.2 entirely due to how easy it is to use.

In the work AFTER you do the conversion(I edit the dsf files that GenX makes to customize them in my smart content); NBM can be rough because there are 54 individual morphs in NBM.  NGM is much easier since there are only like 10 morphs to deal with.  I just like that precision that NBM has over NGM.

superboomturbo ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 3:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I used Genesis Generation X to convert posermatic's NBM and NGM to Genesis versions.. works like a charm.  If you have gen x and don't know how to do it then just message me and I'll give you a rundown on how to do it.

Replied.  

It's pretty easy to convert about 60% of the morph packages out there to Genesis via GenX Genesis.  That little script is a life-saver.  I've almost quit using V4.2 entirely due to how easy it is to use.

In the work AFTER you do the conversion(I edit the dsf files that GenX makes to customize them in my smart content); NBM can be rough because there are 54 individual morphs in NBM.  NGM is much easier since there are only like 10 morphs to deal with.  I just like that precision that NBM has over NGM.

If you've got an easy workflow set up, I'd appreciate a PM also. I don't have GenX yet but I'm getting more and more in the mindset that I need to work with genesis.I've got the NBM and NGM sets also, among the usual ++ packs and some custom gizmos here and there that I don't much want to rebuy the equivalant to make Genesis work like V4 and M4 :-)

RFreise ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 3:36 PM

Quote - Its fine as is. You owned up and apologiezed. Good 'nuff for me. Now we can make it go away with more renders!

Callad, if you ever see this, much love and respect for your stocking adorations! When you're up for a big challenge, try fitting one (with holes!) to a V4 base stocking to a super small character. Guh... tough indeed!

No retouches, just text, my sig and the border

Haven't got the link for the DA version just yet (as it hasn't been created yet!) but I'm under superboomturbo as usual

Very nice

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 3:39 PM · edited Fri, 15 June 2012 at 3:41 PM

Okay.. I know this is totally OT now; but, since I've gotten several PM's in the thread I'll post it for all to see.

A little bit of a prologue:
If you use DazStudio and DON'T have Genesis Generation X, I'd wholeheartedly suggest you get it.  Without it I'd still be back bungling along in Poser instead of doing what I want to do in DazStudio.

If/when you get it; I'd suggest you play around a bit and get used to using it before taking on anything super ambitious.  It has a really flat learning curve so I'm talking a couple hours of use; not days and weeks.

For those of you who DO have it, know how to use it and want to convert NBM or NGM for use with Genesis.  Here was my work flow:

First off.. like any other GenX transfer, load your base vickie 4.2.  Then inject NBM into her.  That's the only morph injection.. no ++ morphs or anything like that.  Then export your cr2.

Next, open your cr2 in GenX.  Go to the body and highlight all the NBM morphs.  There should be like 54 of them.  Once they're all highlighted, right click and select Highlighted|Transfer On.

On the dropdown below the selection box, select "Selected Morphs" and then click your transfer button.  

Now.. this will all lump them into one category under you generation x directory in your smart content.  So some editing of the .dsf files will be necessary.  It can be kind of tedious to do them one at a time.  I use a notepad replacement program that will search out text strings in a whole directory of files and do a "find/replace" on them all.  

Dwayne

{edit}

I'm not much of a tutorial writer; but, I have a few hours free today so will whip one up for this and maybe one for basic GenX operation.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.