Fri, Sep 20, 12:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 12:11 am)

Subject: DAZ Studio 4 - Problem with Clothong

razabazarguy ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2012 at 12:22 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:52 AM

Hello all.

First of all I am very new to this 3D art business and still have miles to go and learn. Besically I am a hobbiest and do this in my sparetime.

I prefer plus sized models than zero sized or skinny ones. So I attempt to render V4.2 model with some fleshy attrobutes. Now my proble is that none of my clothing materials can be well fitted to a plus sized model. Is this a generic problem or am I missing something? 

If you have also come accross such situation and found a way to overcome, I will very much appriciate your reply and suggestions.

Thanks of your time and suggestions.

mishamcm ( ) posted Sat, 30 June 2012 at 12:27 PM

What version of DS?  In DS4 you can use "Transfer Active Morphs"

tparo ( ) posted Sun, 01 July 2012 at 3:18 AM

It is a problem; few content creators put in the heavy morphs. As mischamcm said in DS4 Pro you can use the transfer Active morphs facility. I havn't used this so don't know how well it works.

If you are using DS4 Genesis doesn't have this problem it might be worth considering using Genesis instead.

razabazarguy ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2012 at 2:58 AM

Quote - What version of DS?  In DS4 you can use "Transfer Active Morphs"

I use DS4 4.0 Pro. I will try your suggestion and tell you how well it went.

Thanks for your time

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2012 at 10:32 AM

Try using this tute for your clothing issues... it should work

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2851568

razabazarguy ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2012 at 12:56 PM

Thanks **Sharkbytes-BamaScans, mishamcm and tparo **for help...

Now I have another issue:

Is it possible to render my scene in Daz 3D with a background image? Suppose I have a nice Jpg or jpeg image (or any other photoshop recognized format) that I want to use as  my background. Is it possible to replace the default blue backgroud with this my image?

Please send your valuable feedback.

Thanks everyone..

tparo ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2012 at 1:03 PM

Go to Edit Backdrop and it will let you navigeate to where the image is on your computer.

It does need to be the same ratio as the backdrop, sorry I can't remember what that is. You might find you need to resize.

razabazarguy ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2012 at 1:30 PM

**tparo - ** Thanks my friend...this is really easy.... 

razabazarguy ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 3:31 AM

I have some SSS texture for V4. Can anyone tell me how to use those textures for a nice render? Besically I am asking is there any plugin required for SSS textures to work properly? I am using DAZ 4 pro. Also I want to know the settings for various surface color buttons for a perfect render...  

tparo ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 3:48 AM

The 'perfect' render usually requires tweaking settings to fit lighting etc.

No you don't need a plugin for SSS to work in DS4 it comes with Ubershader that has SSS.

Take a look at this thread, Raw has some very good advise on settings for SSS,

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2850756

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 10:14 AM

Just my own two cents; but, I don't think there really IS a "perfect" render.  It either achieves the look and effect that you're going for or it doesn't.  To say "perfect" is to assume that there is just one standard to base things on and there really isn't.  When you take away all the techno babble that is involved in this medium; all it really is is art that we're creating on a digital canvas.  Unless you're doing commission work for some client; creating art to please the eye of anyone other than yourself (to me) is the first giant step towards failure.

razabazarguy ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 2:59 PM

**Sharkbytes-BamaScans - **Very well said...perdon my english that had some sort of impression on you. Actuallly what I ment is - "My rendered figures are sometimes pale or sometimes over glossy or over reflective or over colored and I want to improve this so that those look like normal or close to normal human figure." I am very new to DAZ and started exploring it from January this year. Till now, I haven't been able to render a single charecter that actually matches what I am expecting and what I was thinking of while rendering. Upto posing and changing the facial and figure shapes, I can do what I am really looking for. But when it comes to render, I kind of messup every thing.  This includes my ability of setting up light sources and setting of camera. 

That's why I keep posting and searching DAZ forums for any tip or knowledge.

"Unless you're doing commission work for some client; creating art to please the eye of anyone other than yourself (to me) is the first giant step towards failure." - This is just the same what I believe my friend..

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 11:15 PM

**razabazarguy - **one thing you might consider when going for "realness" in your renders is the Reality/LuxRender combination.  I've been doing this for a while and I noticed instantly that it greatly improved the quality of my renders.  you can find Reality 2.0 right here in the Renderosity store.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 11:45 PM

razabazarguy, if you are going for realism, then using Luxrender might be the thing for you, but it does require more knowledge of setting up a scene and the material settings than most packages you purchase or download and just click to install. IMO lighting is the key to any good render and the defauls in DS really sucks, LOL. The thing with using luxrender, is since it is an unbiased renderer, it takes much longer than biased or fake lighting. I use it mostly and if you look at my deviant art gallery, you can get some examples of what to expect.

Some basic tips, when you have a surface, say skin for example, you have different textures or shaders that define how the light reacts to that surface. . Do a google search for diffuse map, specular map, bump map, normal map and displacement map, this should give you a better understanding on how you can set up a surface so light reacts the way you want it to.

learn about composition, it is imorptant for a good render. Links to photography will help with this one. Look at real world poses and textures to see how they really look and react to light to help mimic this in 3D.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

razabazarguy ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 10:07 AM · edited Sun, 15 July 2012 at 10:08 AM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2348861

Thanks all for the inputs.

This is my first render that I am very pleased with:

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 10:36 AM

comment posted to your gallery.. good render... keep it up

razabazarguy ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 4:34 AM · edited Sun, 22 July 2012 at 4:35 AM

Well, now I have another requirement that I need your help...

I know a little bit of MAYA and have developed some indoor materials with twxtures. Is it possible to use those in DAZ studio like importing the MAYA files to DAZ and render it in DAZ along with the characters and light setting? 

I need this to work because I like to create my own BACKGROUND depending upon the mood/theam of the composition. 

Altoough I am not sure whether this question is relevant in DAZ forum, I am asking if anyone could help....

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 8:28 AM

That I have no clue on.. would be more appropriate in a Maya forum

razabazarguy ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 10:24 AM

Sharkbytes - have a look my second render :biggrin:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2350969

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 10:32 AM

good stuff.. like the PoV

superboomturbo ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 9:17 PM

Quote - Well, now I have another requirement that I need your help...

I know a little bit of MAYA and have developed some indoor materials with twxtures. Is it possible to use those in DAZ studio like importing the MAYA files to DAZ and render it in DAZ along with the characters and light setting? 

I need this to work because I like to create my own BACKGROUND depending upon the mood/theam of the composition. 

Altoough I am not sure whether this question is relevant in DAZ forum, I am asking if anyone could help....

Daz has a fairly limited option set for importing other programs' models. Basic rule of thumb is to export from the core program as either collada.dae or straight .obj; both of these are formats that Studio can import. Materials, on the other hand, are even more finicky. Keep in mind that Studio isn't modeling software and becomes very limited when using .obj's, which basically are only good as static models unless you go the extra mile and want to rig them.

Backgrounds (using images) are usually a composite job in your photo software of choice. However, you Can add them to the diffuse channel of a primitive plane in Studio and scale that plane to your liking. This makes a textured primitive plane become a backdrop or background plate, but the image has to fit a very specific size, other wise you get major distortion that's tough to fix.

At the end of the day, about 98% of people just add the bg in postwork for ease of working the scene.

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

razabazarguy ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2012 at 8:58 AM · edited Mon, 23 July 2012 at 8:59 AM

**superboomturbo - **thanks for the inputs.

But BG pic wont have that lighting shades that can be achieved in an integrated scene with BG object materials. Otherwise Render in MAYA + render in DAZ and then clubbing them in Photoshop and blend the colors will take a lot of time and expertise. and certainly I dont have either 

:b_grin:

razabazarguy ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2012 at 10:29 AM

OK, I finally have the solution in MAYA forum...

Please check the below thread if you wank to know the trick :)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2853450

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.