Mon, Aug 5, 4:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 09 7:44 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Animation test

poisinivy ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 12:30 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:19 AM

Attached Link: The Arena

I was testing some Sub Dragon stuff and i made this little short

I hope you you enjoy it

happinesspost ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 9:17 PM

Nice work .Really is very awesome .It is a good start .Keep it up .

Happy life can't apply colors to a drawing of the render farm

ldgilman ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 10:42 PM

I liked what I saw. The sound was a bit of a problem in that I could not hear the characters and the MC voice was a bit hard to understand. Over all it was very good!!

staigermanus ( ) posted Mon, 30 July 2012 at 11:17 PM

the music and sound effects are epic, well done. The anim is a good start. What tool was used for anim/rendering?

(I guess I should read those scrolling credits and list of tools shown at the end :-)

You know, all in all, kudos... because while it may at times look crude or simple, if not amusing, it's probably better than what I could produce if my life depended on it. So, really, great job!  Keep at it!

poisinivy ( ) posted Wed, 01 August 2012 at 6:31 PM · edited Wed, 01 August 2012 at 6:42 PM

Quote - the music and sound effects are epic, well done. The anim is a good start. What tool was used for anim/rendering?

(I guess I should read those scrolling credits and list of tools shown at the end :-)

You know, all in all, kudos... because while it may at times look crude or simple, if not amusing, it's probably better than what I could produce if my life depended on it. So, really, great job!  Keep at it!

Thanks for the comment.  I appreciate your kind words

The short film was made & rendered with Daz studio 3 advanced. and it was just a test animation for using a timeline presets for the sub dragon.

so I thought of  instead of doing like hundreds of others do when they matke a test, which is lifeless and a bunch of test animations with no story or reason. I tried to make a cute story out of my test animations.

I'm not a writer or a actress, so thats out. but I am a  graphic artist. so for a production I did completely myself. Including the character voices,( I used a voice changing software)  Music timing and remastering. creating & timing sound effects (I made myself.) and then putting all the daz models togther and animating them. Its not a pixar animation for sure. But its not half bad being all done by one person.

I know there are some viewers that expect more out of animatons.  But It's really surprizing how many people think that low budget software and one person creating an animation  and expect it to be as good as a pixar animation. which has hundreds of people and millons of dollars.  Its just just not gonna happen when its one person, using cheap software  :)

But then again it really surprises me is how many worst animations than this test animaton i have seen on youtube which people love.  Go figure:)

edited for spelling

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 12 August 2012 at 6:33 PM

I have to agree. It's time consuming to get it right. And sometimes no matter what you do, there is still a small glitch here and there. But you work on something for several days, and when you show it to someone, it's like "that's it???"

Yes, that's it. But I have seen some amazing things done with DAZ and Poser that you wouldn't know were consumer grade software. And the movies that the Blender Foundation put out there, which was done almost entirely in Blender are simply amazing. If we keep at it, we can get some pretty good results from this "cheap" software.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

poisinivy ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2012 at 9:32 AM

Quote - I have to agree. It's time consuming to get it right. And sometimes no matter what you do, there is still a small glitch here and there. But you work on something for several days, and when you show it to someone, it's like "that's it???"

Yes, that's it. But I have seen some amazing things done with DAZ and Poser that you wouldn't know were consumer grade software. And the movies that the Blender Foundation put out there, which was done almost entirely in Blender are simply amazing. If we keep at it, we can get some pretty good results from this "cheap" software.

Thank you for your comments and taking time to watch my animations.

I am hoping that in time no matter the software I am using I will be able to create quality animations. My biggest problem is the learning curve in the use of the software. Most of this "CHEAP" Software the animation part of it was a after thought. Most people use poser and daz just for still graphics having no idea what it takes to create a animation with it.

Poser and Daz is way more difficult to use for animation than the Pixar Marionette software and renderman render engines which was designed for animation creation.

Autodesk Maya is becoming much easier to use now that pixar has started also to use autodesk Maya for off site artist contributing to a project.

I am hoping as time passes and more people become involved in creating animation with poser and daz, that animation tools will improve and become a better software.

all software has to start somewhere.

if your interested in learning more about Pixar software which is now available to the public for API at a very hefty price you can follow this link :) http://renderman.pixar.com/view/renderman

Again thank you for your interest and comment on my animation :)

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2012 at 1:20 PM

Quote - Thank you for your comments and taking time to watch my animations. I am hoping that in time no matter the software I am using I will be able to create quality animations. My biggest problem is the learning curve in the use of the software. Most of this "CHEAP" Software the animation part of it was a after thought. Most people use poser and daz just for still graphics having no idea what it takes to create a animation with it.

Poser and Daz is way more difficult to use for animation than the Pixar Marionette software and renderman render engines which was designed for animation creation.

Autodesk Maya is becoming much easier to use now that pixar has started also to use autodesk Maya for off site artist contributing to a project.

I am hoping as time passes and more people become involved in creating animation with poser and daz, that animation tools will improve and become a better software.

all software has to start somewhere.

if your interested in learning more about Pixar software which is now available to the public for API at a very hefty price you can follow this link :) http://renderman.pixar.com/view/renderman

Again thank you for your interest and comment on my animation :)

I am into a wide variety of things CGI. I started modelling a few months back, and I just got back into using Poser's animation tools. I don't find them that hard to use, but I am still learning the animation pallette and how to use it to full advantage. I can't' spend a lot of money on my new hobby, and thus most of the software I have for it is open source stuff. But I will check out that link just to see what is going on there.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.