Fri, Sep 20, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

callad ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 3:13 PM

Thanks for the freebies John! :) Just downloaded and installed them. Have another render cooking atm, but already have ideas with some of your wonderful props :)

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 3:21 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2012 at 3:25 PM

Attached Link: Fetch

file_485352.jpg

More ovall office mayhem....

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 3:24 PM

Attached Link: You cant hide

file_485353.jpg

superboomturbo ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 3:56 PM

Quote - Thanks for the freebies John! :) Just downloaded and installed them. Have another render cooking atm, but already have ideas with some of your wonderful props :)

Yes, my thanks too, John! And my condolences, Charley. Probably not that you want to continually be reminded, but I saw your post on dA and couldn't quite think of something better to say. That's the first time I've been shocked like that via the internet. Strange but true! 

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

callad ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 3:59 PM

Thank you SuperBoomTurbo, it is apriciated.

wayofthesword ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 4:24 PM

Bobvan, I've loaded a lot of scenes made in Daz4 into 4.5 and never had any distortions or things not fitting.  Makes me wonder if the person making them did something wonky when they created the file.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 4:28 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2012 at 4:34 PM

Quote - Bobvan, I've loaded a lot of scenes made in Daz4 into 4.5 and never had any distortions or things not fitting.  Makes me wonder if the person making them did something wonky when they created the file.

What has me concerned is it seems to work for some and not for others. Then there could be more problems if one wants to roll back... I was thinking maybe cause older Genesis created characters are not supported by the DUF format? Kind of like newer installed morphs will not work with a previous character? If that is the case that would really suck since I have a lot of face genned genesis built characters...

If one renders with LUX beside a bit of extra speed loading what advantage is there? Shoe coversion is still messed up.

Edit there is already an updated version posted earlier today...

I guess I will wait and see what the regulars here that switch have to report next week..

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 6:42 PM

Attached Link: Trapped

file_485372.jpg

superboomturbo ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 7:03 PM

Just my .02 Bob, I'm holding out on installing 4.5 'til I hear all the most heinous bugs have been worked out. The whole backwards compatibility issue with 4.0 scenes kinda bothers me, too, as I had that with the ds3a to ds4 upgrade as well. I like what they've posted about being able to handle fbx files, but losing Reality access for the time being is a deal breaker for me. I'll just hang back and wait.  

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 8:10 PM

Have no desire to go to 4.5 until I see it coming out of a phone booth with a big red "S" on its chest.  4.37 does all I want it to do and I can't see 4.5 doing anything more for me. 

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 10:31 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2012 at 10:32 PM

Me too there is no hurry since I have a working workflow leave it to DAZ to make things so complicated that if things are too messed up one may need to wipe the drive and re install everything. Doc will fill us in..

Khory_D ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 11:02 PM

"leave it to DAZ to make things so complicated that if things are too messed up one may need to wipe the drive and re install everything. "

Considering how many people have posted what an easy install it is..if you do have to reformat I wouldn't admit it to anyone.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 11:05 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2012 at 11:13 PM

Quote - "leave it to DAZ to make things so complicated that if things are too messed up one may need to wipe the drive and re install everything. "

Considering how many people have posted what an easy install it is..if you do have to reformat I wouldn't admit it to anyone.

& considering how many ppl are admitting they are having problems with it  & having problems when  trying to revert back. I am concerned...

I never said I had te reformat I just dont want to get to that point..

erik-nl ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:02 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:04 AM

There are tools better suited for plucking nose hair than a Knipex 01-190. Such usage is strongly discouraged and will void your warranty!

Cheers!

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:03 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:03 AM

Quote - There are tools better suited for plucking nose hair than a Knipex 01-190. This usage is strongly discouraged and will void your warranty!

Cheers!

LOL she looks like she's trying to avoid smelling poo....

Xandi ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:04 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:12 AM

Callad, I am so sorry you've had such a horrible loss.  I've had several of my own and it really does make our heart hurt. Big hugs to you. I'm sorry I'm late with my condolences or if this just brought the whole thing up again.  Another hug, just because.

Your render is very nice. Very. 

callad ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:55 AM

Quote - Callad, I am so sorry you've had such a horrible loss.  I've had several of my own and it really does make our heart hurt. Big hugs to you. I'm sorry I'm late with my condolences or if this just brought the whole thing up again.  Another hug, just because.

Your render is very nice. Very. 

Thank you Xandi. Yes, for those who stay behind the heart becomes a little bit heavier each time..

hug

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:49 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Penny decided to get a head start on the second stage of filling the pool. As she didn't get the training in hose handling the other girls received, things didn't go to plan...

(Click for bigger)

callad ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:47 AM

Attached Link: Lyon II

Second one with 'Lyon'.

Used 4 meshlights, one (big) to her right side, one (big) to her left side. One (small) to light up the top of the bg a little and one small to light up the back of her hair and shoulder.

Hope you like her :)

Lyon II

john3d ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 6:09 AM

Beautiful Callad, love the outfit (Doc made me say it) :)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:53 AM

Quote - Khory_DConsidering how many people have posted what an easy install it is..if you do have to reformat I wouldn't admit it to anyone.

It is a dead easy install. I'll admit that I do a clean Windows installation every now and then. I have a basic Windows image backup, which I restore and then install my applications. One would be surprised how much junk accumulates over time. Maybe over the top, but it works for me.

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:55 AM

Quote - Second one with 'Lyon'.

Used 4 meshlights, one (big) to her right side, one (big) to her left side. One (small) to light up the top of the bg a little and one small to light up the back of her hair and shoulder.

Hope you like her :)

Lyon II

Glad to see you are rendering again! Beautiful :)

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 7:56 AM

Quote - Beautiful Callad, love the outfit (Doc made me say it) :)

Not guilty, your Honour.

My DA Gallery

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 10:37 AM

Quote - Who does a person have to bribe to get in on this mysterious testing process?  Have been beta testing various things from the earliest builds of photoshop to world of warcraft expansions pretty much since the day I first dialed up the internet.  Even beta tested the first versions of yahoo messenger and ICQ before they ever saw the light of day.

At this point I'm not adding any new testers until we get to version 3. It's just my inability to manage more paper work at this time, nothing else. Once I'm out of this frantic period I will work on adding testers.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 10:43 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quote - Question for Paolo. If I stay with 4.37 do I need to update to 2.5 and if I do will it affect anyting in 4.37?  I guess it prolly would not but figure ask to be on the safe side..

That would be 4.0.3.47, aka 4.0. If you do you cannot upgrade to 2.5. DAZ's SDK for Studio is not backward or forward compatible. This means that plugins made for 4.0.3.47 don't work in 4.5 and plugins made for 4.5 don't work in 4.0.3.47. 

Reality 2.5 is only for Studio 4.5 and the reason for it is only to support 4.5, there are no new features. More precisely, there is new support for the .duf format but that is specific of Studio 4.5.

Hope this helps.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 11:54 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 11:55 AM

Thats whay I thought I will prolly just keep the file should I decide to upgrade which I may do after how I see it goes for some folks 1st. Doc I agree and its fairly easy to do since my system can easily be put back to factory. There is also the option of ghosting my install.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 12:08 PM

Quote - > Quote - Khory_DConsidering how many people have posted what an easy install it is..if you do have to reformat I wouldn't admit it to anyone.

It is a dead easy install. I'll admit that I do a clean Windows installation every now and then. I have a basic Windows image backup, which I restore and then install my applications. One would be surprised how much junk accumulates over time. Maybe over the top, but it works for me.

I'm not sure if it's the party line anymore.. but years ago when I was getting my mcse.. Microsoft recommended a clean install every 3 to 6 months.  This is primarily due to drivers being re-written and written over and every other thing you can think of.  Mine's been due for an overhaul for ages but I'm holding off til October when I build my new rendering beast.

Khory_D ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 12:18 PM

I would think there is a difference between choosing to reformat your computer and screwing up a program install so much that you are forced to reformat your computer because of it.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 12:38 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 12:43 PM

Attached Link: caught

file_485396.jpg

> Quote - I would think there is a difference between choosing to reformat your computer and screwing up a program install so much that you are forced to reformat your computer because of it.

Not so mcuh that as winding up with errors in the case one wants to roll back but there are easier options like system restore which also can work well...

It does sound pretty simple one installs the new version which automatically removes the current one followed by the new genesis content....

I think Doc plans on updating I am sure he will let us know how it goes...

I almost forgot nice as always charley

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 12:45 PM

Khory.. yeah.. big difference.  TBH.. when 4.5 first came out, I tried and installed it.  When I found out that it hosed Reality and all my other plugins I went back.  A format wasn't required.  My runtime was intact; so, I pretty much left it alone.  Going back to 4.0 wasn't a big issue.  I just hate programs that are like studio where it'll write over or uninstall your previous version.  It's totally not necessary.  Take photoshop for example. I have cs2, cs3 and cs5 all on my system at the same time and all three of them work fine.  Like others in this thread, I'm just waiting for all the early adopters to do Daz's bug testing for them.  When all the crap shakes out and it's working as well as 4.0 does for me; I'll probably go up to 4.5.  Primarily for the fact that autofit no longer hoses 4th gen morphs in clothes/hair/etc.  I could really care less if my 4.0 scenes don't open in 4.5 or whatever as once I'm done with something it usually gets trashcanned.

59Burst ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:09 PM

Quote -

Penny decided to get a head start on the second stage of filling the pool. As she didn't get the training in hose handling the other girls received, things didn't go to plan...

(Click for bigger)

Reg, I litterally guffawed quite loudly when I saw this one.  Nice job.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quote - Khory.. yeah.. big difference.  TBH.. when 4.5 first came out, I tried and installed it.  When I found out that it hosed Reality and all my other plugins I went back.  A format wasn't required.  My runtime was intact; so, I pretty much left it alone.  Going back to 4.0 wasn't a big issue.  I just hate programs that are like studio where it'll write over or uninstall your previous version.  It's totally not necessary.  Take photoshop for example. I have cs2, cs3 and cs5 all on my system at the same time and all three of them work fine.  Like others in this thread, I'm just waiting for all the early adopters to do Daz's bug testing for them.  When all the crap shakes out and it's working as well as 4.0 does for me; I'll probably go up to 4.5.  Primarily for the fact that autofit no longer hoses 4th gen morphs in clothes/hair/etc.  I could really care less if my 4.0 scenes don't open in 4.5 or whatever as once I'm done with something it usually gets trashcanned.

Well, I run 4.0 and 4.5 simultaniously on my pc.. (4.5 to test a 'certain plugin' we all know and love)

Now I did install DazStudio in C:DAZ4pro and in C:DAZ4.5pro

Before I installed 4.5 I made a copy of the C:DAZ4pro folder and let 4.5 uninstall the 'previous version'. After that I deleted the original C:DAZ4pro folder and renamed the copy back to the original name. Works like a dream. :)

BradHP ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 1:51 PM

This is the image that was giving me problems a few days ago.  I removed displacement maps from the chest harness and the render started right away, but with them in it froze lux and never started. 

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:11 PM

Charley whatchoo think of 4.5?

callad ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:20 PM

Quote - Charley whatchoo think of 4.5?

Well, some of my old scenes with V4 in them make 4.5 really slow, every change I make in the viewport takes seconds to respond. Also the fans of my pc start running real fast then.

Some other old scenes are very responsive though. Have used 4.5 just a couple of times so maybe it's too early to say anything about it.

Did see a nice thinghy in the 'Scene' > 'Edit' menu that is called 'Apply Push Modifier'. Also the 'Mesh Smoothing' seems more consistent so I do not have to switch on/off anymore.

As for testing that 'certain plugin we all know and love' I can't say anything about it, it's not allowed.

Uhm, but you did see my last upload? wink :)

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - Charley whatchoo think of 4.5?

Well, some of my old scenes with V4 in them make 4.5 really slow, every change I make in the viewport takes seconds to respond. Also the fans of my pc start running real fast then.

Some other old scenes are very responsive though. Have used 4.5 just a couple of times so maybe it's too early to say anything about it.

Did see a nice thinghy in the 'Scene' > 'Edit' menu that is called 'Apply Push Modifier'. Also the 'Mesh Smoothing' seems more consistent so I do not have to switch on/off anymore.

As for testing that 'certain plugin we all know and love' I can't say anything about it, it's not allowed.

Uhm, but you did see my last upload? wink :)

LOL indeed im just more curious to see if you are finding 4.5 buggy since we use that ahem plug in the increase speed in 3Delight dont mean squat and oooo I might have to wait 20.000000.03/123 seconds longer for Genesis to load.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:40 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:42 PM

DS4.5 is actually less buggy than 4.0.3.47. When DS4 first appeared, I went hmm and continued to use DS3. Now I'm using 4.0.3.47 but only because of the Reality plugin.

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:54 PM

Quote - DS4.5 is actually less buggy than 4.0.3.47. When DS4 first appeared, I went hmm and continued to use DS3. Now I'm using 4.0.3.47 but only because of the Reality plugin.

I never had any problems with DS4 being buggy Anton.. I think I will continue using 4.5, except for older scenes.

We must go forward I think, so when a new version of Daz comes I will try to use it. Unless it's not compatible with Reality awf cuz!

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:54 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:06 PM

Quote - DS4.5 is actually less buggy than 4.0.3.47. When DS4 first appeared, I went hmm and continued to use DS3. Now I'm using 4.0.3.47 but only because of the Reality plugin.

Have you tried it? I am reading that some folks are having duplication file problems and having to rebuild old scene to suit the DUF format. I am guessing you are going to be moving to it right away please let us know if you have no issues loading an older scene, saving it as DUF then reloading it including using genesis figures.

Charley I had those slow responding movements when I used 4 32 bit before 64 became free...

Im all for moving forward as long as it does not cause to many headheaches...

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:12 PM

file_485402.jpg

Now back to an issue thats driving me bonkers in Reality.  I basically took all of my saved characters and made then "Reality Ready" by re saving them with adjusted materials after testing them with a simple mesh light. Part of that is removing any maps from eye surfaces, corneas making sure that both Film thickness settings are at 0 or "off" that there is no top coat on the iris scalera ect. Why is it if i merge said character to a scene are all the sttings buggered up and the eye maps are back? Same if I reload them in a saved scene....

callad ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:23 PM

Bob, can't you set the settings as you want them, then 'save them for ASCEL'? You do not need to upload them. In that way the thin film thickness and IOR should come up OK every time you load a character who has them.. Well.. at least I think they will..

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:31 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:44 PM

Quote - Bob, can't you set the settings as you want them, then 'save them for ASCEL'? You do not need to upload them. In that way the thin film thickness and IOR should come up OK every time you load a character who has them.. Well.. at least I think they will..

Maybe I have not played with that feature much. I know there are tons of shaders made by others that prolly would give me nicer renders LOL. Now that I have a decent hang of using Reality / Lux perhaps its time to start playing with it. Im just too focused on moving my stories forward and I just picked up another 25 render commish project.. Yayyy time to buy more Genesis shoes when they come up...

Edit...

The only thing I guess that puzzles me is why is that only an issue with eyes? All other materials in my saved scene load up with no issues... I have had a room that had walls revert back to full glossy every so oftent but that was about it..

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:34 PM

Bob, I'm running 4.5 as well. I have no issues creating scenes in 4.0 and loading them in 4.5, resaving as DUF and reloading.

By the way, it is really not recommended to run two different versions of DS, e.g. 4.0 and 4.5. It can be done, but there can be problems. As soon as Reality is available for 4.5, I'll be getting rid of 4.0

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:35 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:43 PM

Quote - Bob, I'm running 4.5 as well. I have no issues creating scenes in 4.0 and loading them in 4.5, resaving as DUF and reloading.

By the way, it is really not recommended to run two different versions of DS, e.g. 4.0 and 4.5. It can be done, but there can be problems. As soon as Reality is available for 4.5, I'll be getting rid of 4.0

Thanks Anton thats good to know you liking 4.5 by the sounds of things have you for the heck of it ran a 3Delight render ? Just curious if you seen fater times...

Did you simply install 4.5 followed by the new content?

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:47 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:48 PM

I like 4.5 better than 4.0. For me it is more stable and faster. As for the 3Delight engine, it is faster. That said, I use it very rarely as I use Reality and Lux for my renders.

I uninstalled the content and installed the new content installer after having installed 4.5

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:52 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:52 PM

Quote - I like 4.5 better than 4.0. For me it is more stable and faster. As for the 3Delight engine, it is faster. That said, I use it very rarely as I use Reality and Lux for my renders.

I uninstalled the content and installed the new content installer after having installed 4.5

Just curious why you had to uninstall the old content I thought the new installer removed previous files was it cause you had them in seperate directories?

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 4:57 PM

I didn't had to. I did it from years of experience, never rely on an uninstallation routine. No reflection on DS, this goes back to before DS. Things are better now, but old habits die hard.

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:08 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:09 PM

Quote - I didn't had to. I did it from years of experience, never rely on an uninstallation routine. No reflection on DS, this goes back to before DS. Things are better now, but old habits die hard.

I have both DS4 32 and 64 bit versions installed. I use the 64. I am guessing I will need to uninstall both and the present DS default content and the content management service then install 4.5 64 bit followed by the new default content?

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:20 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:23 PM

You can have different bit versions installed at the same time, e.g. x32 and x64 as long as they are the same version i.e. 4.0.3.47 or 4.5.0.114.

The way I would do it is this:

Uninstall DS4. Make sure you uninstall all the plug-ins, etc. Once everything is uninstalled, make sure you have no DAZStudio4 directories in either or both:

C:Program FilesDAZ 3D
C:Program Files (x86)DAZ 3D

Also stop the Content Manager Service and uninstall.

Reboot and open Regedit. Do a search for Keys only, using this as the search string:

Studio4

Do a search in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

It should find the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareDAZStudio4

Right-click on Studio4 in the left pane, and select Delete.

Reboot once again, and re-install. You will need to re-import your directories, etc, in DS4 as all the settings are now gone.

ONLY DO REGISTRY PART IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!

If all that is too much work, then a simple DS4, CMS and content uninstall will do before reinstalling 4.5 and the content (with rebooting between the uninstall and install). Skip the registry and folder deletion part, that way your categories, etc will be intact. My method is prob an overkill, but it works for me.

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:27 PM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 5:29 PM

I did that registry wipe 3 years ago when I was starting out with what I think was ds3 version .44  something like that because I had made a mess of my runtimes. If you say just uninstalling my current 2 versions of Studio CMS and current default content is prolly the way to go. I will do that 1st then if somehow there are major issues then can go for the full wipe.. There is also files in Appdata and common files somewhere too if I remember correctly but I think you are right it will not need to get to that point....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.