Mon, Oct 21, 11:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 2:50 am)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Toon ID#

witchdidi ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 5:11 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 6:22 PM

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with a script. I need a way to change toon ids easily with a colour picker as opposed to manually calculating a colour?

Stewer confirmed that to calulate it from RGB or more like hex numbers u needed to do the following:-  

(RED * 65536) + (GREEN * 256) + BLUE

so pure green 00FF00 = 65280. 

So is it possible for the script to let you use a colour picker and then internally do the calculation for the ID? I want to use the Toon Ids as an object Id for postwork and need a way to quickly change colours in the mat room to match what I need.

Regards,

Didi

Be mad...until proven genius.

Sitting quietly in the corner does not make one the class fool.

- Didi

RDNA Store

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 2:23 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2012 at 2:26 PM

Is this the toonid that determines if there is a line between the two materials ?

I dont quite follow what you are trying to do because the id for lines between materials does not affect the actual colors. 

what I do if I need to use a specific set of colors is  save them in the pallette so I can just click on them as needed.

witchdidi ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 2:37 PM

With PoserPro, when you save psds out you can select toonids in auxilliary options under render settings.

When it renders out, they come in various shades of blue usually. I want to be able to set the colours up in the material room so that when I choose to render with toonids, I can select colours better in photoshop through the psd file.

- Didi

RDNA Store

witchdidi ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2012 at 2:42 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2012 at 2:44 PM

file_485350.jpg

This is an example of what I mean. This is the layer which poser renders out for ToonId. I use it to select bits and pieces to adjust better when doing postwork.

So I'm looking for a way to pick the colours quicker by being able to select whatever colour I need for whichever object or part.

- Didi

RDNA Store

semidieu ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:14 AM

Attached Link: Simple ToonID Color

Here is a simple version :)

(Hope it's ok to post to a freebie somewhere else)

witchdidi ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:39 AM · edited Sun, 19 August 2012 at 3:40 AM

Thank you very much Basil!!!!! I'll try it out.

I was wondering though if your Advanced Shaders would work also? Like the partial shaders so you can save different colours out...

- Didi

RDNA Store

witchdidi ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2012 at 6:14 AM

Just tried it with props and also a scene with V4, hair and clothes. It works beautifully for what I need.

Thank you again! :D

- Didi

RDNA Store

semidieu ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 4:06 AM

You're welcome :) And Advanced Shaders could do this... But I think the attached script above is more easy to use... :)

witchdidi ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:21 AM

Yeah you're right the script is way easier. Now if only we could get down to materials level...

laughs manically

But seriously...thank you! :O)

- Didi

RDNA Store

semidieu ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:49 AM

Fine tunning materials? Ok! As soon I'm back home, I'll do the script for materials level :)

witchdidi ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:53 AM

sigh You just made my day!

Lifetime supply of chocolates? Third born son? What would adequately say it??

:D

- Didi

RDNA Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.