Sun, Sep 22, 4:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: HELP!!!

DMaul ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2001 at 4:58 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:29 PM

file_208521.jpg

Well, while trying to put some islands in some water, I found out that it was messed up, as you can see in the image, the water has a really bad transparency (I even played w/ the material and changed the trans, but that didnt work at all) Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks

cowtoast ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2001 at 5:22 PM

file_208524.jpg

If you're talking about the light blue square around the island, you can get rid of that by going to the Terrain Editor, and then moving the bottom of the bracket } on the right of the terrain , right next to that bar that goes from white to black by your image, upwards. The red parts will go away, and the light blue part of your image should also go away. (Lol, behold the great picture... It was on hand, and it might help, so..) If you *aren't* talking about that, then I'm not sure what you meant by the question..

DMaul ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2001 at 5:25 PM

Ah, thank you :)...You are my savior :)

MikeArizma ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2001 at 11:12 AM

Just adding my 2 cents, I would repeat what cowtoast said. In all of my many posted images, where I use the basic terrain models that run flat to the surrounding area, I always lift the red in the terrain editor, most often having set the resolution to something over 512 in that little grid area. This is also necessary if you use the terrains for making objects you can use. Just draw out your shape, raise the "red" and you'll have the object without the square base around it. Walt "Mike"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.