Thu, Sep 19, 12:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:07 pm)

Subject: Creatung Shadows

PoppaC ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2012 at 6:59 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

Hi Peeps,we have just a little shadow problem

I have all shadows set to on and lights to cast shadows yet when rendering none are seen on or from the props, no shadow casting from any thing. Any and all help is greatly welcomed.  This does not happen in all my render just when I use seans like "The River Cottage, Eva, and Edipo."

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2012 at 8:52 AM

Try adding a couple of primitives, a plane and soemthing standing on it, to the scene and see if you get proper ilumination and shadowing there. What lights do you have in the scene?

PoppaC ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2012 at 9:18 AM

If I load everything but the river cottage and use a different sean set up, I get the shadows as needed.  There are other props that will not cast shadown as well.   If I can work this out I should be able to do it to other projects as well.  There is somthing in the prop  preventing it, I just do not know what it is. As to lighs, it matters not what ever lght setuo I use the same happens.  The Ricer Cottage has a "pze3" set up and it too will not cast the needed shadows.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2012 at 2:34 PM

Poser lights don't load with shadow casting on - it's rarely worth trying them, or it hasn't been in the past. If I load the RiverCottage scene file, delete the supplied lights and add a new one set to cast shadows I get shadows - simply adding a new light without deleting some or all of the supplied lights probably wouldn't give much shadowing as the scene is way over-lit as imported.

PoppaC ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2012 at 5:00 PM

This did work and I thank you for this. Yet there some props (pz3 or not) that will not allow shadows as loaded even when I add my own lights   and I ask what can we do to get shadows when needed.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2012 at 8:39 AM

Without knowing why the prop won't give shadows that's hard to answer - issues might be too many other lights, washing the shadows out, or nothing to catch the shadows, if the item loads with a 2D backdrop rather than a real environment, or simply having Cast Shadows turned off for the item. If you have some more examples I can see if I have them, or download them if they are freebies, to check for possible issues.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.