Fri, Sep 20, 12:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Can more props be merged down to one?

Zrincx ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 5:09 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

file_209112.jpg

Allright, the Subject line says it all, but an illustration attached will hopefully support what it is I try to say. Heres a short explanation: I made a 3ds model in ACad2000 of the "frame" of the gun, everything else cylinders and boxes etc, are simple props from Poser. IS it possible to "merge/melt" them all into one single prop ??? I cant find any subject on this in the manual. Thanks in advance. Zrincx.

dollpartz ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 6:17 PM

U mean in Poser? I would guess u could build a hierarchy in the hierarchy editor. If I understand the question. :)

Zrincx ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 6:27 PM

Thats right in Poser.. But I dont know the hierarchy editor :-(

dollpartz ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:17 PM

Oh ... again I dunno if this is the best answer or nething, but ah, CLick WINDOW on the menu bar, and then Hierarchy editor, if yer props r loaded, u'll see em there (may have 2 scroll down some). Drag em one by one under the same parent (pick one of the parts 2 b the parent). That's what I would try.

dollpartz ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:18 PM

Drag the names in the editor I mean ...

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 7:57 PM

Just export it all as wavefront.obj it will be one merged object

Grey_cat ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2001 at 8:59 PM

If you're talking about Autocad. Select all, expload, then go to File, export, 3ds. A dialog box will come up, make sure the weld check box is check, and it should come out as one piece

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.