Fri, Sep 20, 11:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

john3d ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:17 AM

file_489876.jpg

I'm trying to get my head around how DS4.5 works (making props wise) I followed Fugazi's video tutorial and made this little number, I don't think they turned out to bad considering it was my first attempt at going solo.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:28 AM

Quote - I'm trying to get my head around how DS4.5 works (making props wise) I followed Fugazi's video tutorial and made this little number, I don't think they turned out to bad considering it was my first attempt at going solo.

A very little nice number indeed, even more so as this is your first foray in 4.5 :)

My DA Gallery

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 12:11 PM · edited Wed, 26 December 2012 at 12:12 PM

Back to having no good ideas to render, so went with some old favorites--half naked women and shiny things.  Time for a break from Daz to spend some time working through Unity tutorials. 

john3d ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 12:12 PM

Thank you Doc. I just started another piece of clothing, one of those female barbarian tops (leather corset style) which I think looks quite good.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 12:25 PM

file_489885.jpg

OT A freind of mine the one who helped me to get started in this has ditched DS & moved onto 3DS Max & Vray for 3DS I gotta say his renders look pretty impresive

59Burst ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 1:32 PM · edited Wed, 26 December 2012 at 1:33 PM

Quote -

OT A freind of mine the one who helped me to get started in this has ditched DS & moved onto 3DS Max & Vray for 3DS I gotta say his renders look pretty impresive

Very nice.  She looks like a mix of Anne Hathaway and Mila Jovovich.

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 1:59 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Very nice.  She looks like a mix of Anne Hathaway and Mila Jovovich.

Maybe it's just because I've been watching the show over the last few weeks, but my first thought was Anne Hathaway mixed with Lacy from Caprica.  Think it's the nose and chin.

wayofthesword ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 2:10 PM

I got started originally in 3DS Max/Lightwave when I was a student.  Rigging and weight mapping in 3DS is not fun.  Even with a plugin like BonesPro.  The nice thing about it is the plugins like FumeFX, realflow, etc.  But they cost a lot of extra $$.  For example, on the fxphd interview I saw recently, Blur Studios had a revolt among it's animation department where they demanded to switch to XSI for animation & rigging because 3DS is such a pain in the ass.  I totally understand that sentiment.

I feel like at this point, I can get results I really like using Daz / Blender / Lux.  It'd be really nice to have some of the Max plugins, but not for what they cost.  It's so much nicer just having the genesis figure in Daz and just being able to dial in a morph for it and get busy with the fun part of animation.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 3:31 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: The devil made me do it 6

file_489888.jpg

I dont really tweak stuff so he agreed staying with DS Reality Lux probably suits me best as well I am pretty happy with what I can get out of it.

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 3:58 PM
Online Now!

Thanks everyone it may be a month or two before I can be operational again Will probably have a laptop of my own before to long but building a new system will take a while and then the content downloads which will take forever along with replacing all my software

Lot of nice work showing up here

Reggie68 ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope it doesn't take too long.

Reggie68 ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:23 PM · edited Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:28 PM

Penny had Rhiannon's Gypsy Boots as a Christmas present.

Now using Penny 2.2 as I've added Xameva & Meipe's V4 Curves Glute Shaping and Movement Morphs to her DNA.

(Click for 1200 x 1800)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:26 PM

Nice glutes, and boobs! Where does the latter come from, or is that custom?

My DA Gallery

Reggie68 ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:28 PM · edited Wed, 26 December 2012 at 5:36 PM

Quote - Nice glutes, and boobs! Where does the latter come from, or is that custom?

Just added the link. Credited & linked in the larger image page as well.

Or are you talking about the boobs? They are as per the original character.

StevieC ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 11:08 PM

Deck The Halls With Pearls and Holly, FaLaLaLaLa La LaLa La La...'Tiss the Season to be Naughty, FaLaLaLaLa La LaLa La La.....Didn't realize the far right model's arm was too high, and the pearls were suspended above his hand till after the render, ad I let it cook while at work, but oh well! Wishing everyone the best for the Holiday Season!

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2012 at 11:10 PM · edited Wed, 26 December 2012 at 11:24 PM

A Christmas orgy brilliant!!

ChesterM ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 11:35 AM · edited Thu, 27 December 2012 at 11:36 AM

Quote - Simple scene. I like how the couch turned out, not sure about the girl though.

Indoor Posing

I'd certainly rather have that on my couch than a couple of pillows or a throw...

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 2:00 PM

Quote - OT A freind of mine the one who helped me to get started in this has ditched DS & moved onto 3DS Max & Vray for 3DS I gotta say his renders look pretty impresive

Great image. Yep, Vray is the best. I used to use it with 3DS in the past, wish I could afford it again. Makes me wish I was in college again so I could upgrade some of my software at a more justifyable price, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 2:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - OT A freind of mine the one who helped me to get started in this has ditched DS & moved onto 3DS Max & Vray for 3DS I gotta say his renders look pretty impresive

Great image. Yep, Vray is the best. I used to use it with 3DS in the past, wish I could afford it again. Makes me wish I was in college again so I could upgrade some of my software at a more justifyable price, LOL.

I read in a few posts in the past that programmes like DS & poser are not the most professional programs for 3D. I am glad we have Reality / Lux to at least make our stuff a bit more slick looking.

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:24 PM · edited Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:24 PM

Attached Link: desktop 1

file_489927.jpg

More stuff fro my story... Really neat the results using native shaders cannot wait to more of it in Reality 3

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:26 PM

Attached Link: Desktop 2

file_489928.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:27 PM

Attached Link: Desktop 3

file_489929.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:28 PM

Attached Link: Desktop 4

file_489930.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:29 PM

Attached Link: desktop 5

file_489931.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:30 PM

Attached Link: Climb down 1

file_489932.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:31 PM

Attached Link: Climb down 2

file_489933.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 8:32 PM

Attached Link: Climb down 3

file_489934.jpg

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2012 at 9:39 PM

Quote - I'm trying to get my head around how DS4.5 works (making props wise) I followed Fugazi's video tutorial and made this little number, I don't think they turned out to bad considering it was my first attempt at going solo.

Looks really good John.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 1:55 AM

I just read on the DS forum that 1.2 RC are released but there is a serious displacement bug that prevents Reality to run with it. When is this going to be resolved?

BradHP ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 2:39 AM

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 6:10 AM

Quote - I just read on the DS forum that 1.2 RC are released but there is a serious displacement bug that prevents Reality to run with it. When is this going to be resolved?

That is not a bug at all. There was a bug in the displacement algorithm in all releases of Lux up to now. The bug caused the displacement to be inverted. Reality worked around that bug by adding code in the Lux scene that inverted the direction of the displacement once more, effectively making the direction correct.

So, Lux 1.2 is correct, but if you use displacement the result will be inverted because of the correction applied by Reality. I might issue a fix at some point but:

a) I'm on vacation away from home :)

b) RC releases are RC releases so this version of Lux is not final and it make little sense to issue a Reality update until Lux is not finalized.

Cheers.

Paolo

Reggie68 ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 6:47 AM

Quote -

Cheers.

I hope Doc is aware of this vacation and all the necessary forms have been completed (in triplicate) and countersigned by the good Doctor himself.

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 10:12 AM

Quote - > Quote - I just read on the DS forum that 1.2 RC are released but there is a serious displacement bug that prevents Reality to run with it. When is this going to be resolved?

That is not a bug at all. There was a bug in the displacement algorithm in all releases of Lux up to now. The bug caused the displacement to be inverted. Reality worked around that bug by adding code in the Lux scene that inverted the direction of the displacement once more, effectively making the direction correct.

So, Lux 1.2 is correct, but if you use displacement the result will be inverted because of the correction applied by Reality. I might issue a fix at some point but:

b) RC releases are RC releases so this version of Lux is not final and it make little sense to issue a Reality update until Lux is not finalized.

Cheers.

This confuses me I remember you supporting the release of Lux 1 RC? We will not be able to move forward without that correction. Enjoy your vacation...

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 10:40 AM

Quote - This confuses me I remember you supporting the release of Lux 1 RC? We will not be able to move forward without that correction. 

Different releases happen at different times and bring different situations. My approach is to evaluate the situation each time and respond in the way that is best for all users of Reality. While the fix for the wrong direction of displacement is a good thing it does disrupt the current situation. So, I will have to write an update to handle the situation where somebody might use Lux 1.2 and others might be still working with previous versions.

Also, the pace and type of releases of Lux has changed after version 1.0 so I adapt to that as well.

Cheers.

Paolo

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 11:53 AM · edited Fri, 28 December 2012 at 11:57 AM

Fair enough as long as we get an update at some point I know your busy with dveloping 3 which as DS users will not see at least until summer which is why we will need this fix...

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 11:54 AM

Latest. While waiting for the Sultan to return from battle, his servant Amir, while preparing his chambers happens to notice the area where the Sultan is keeping his latest harem additon and decides to take a look (I can't post what happens next, LOL)

Both Genesis, all 3D, no postwork, over night render, 4 lights, enjoy! (click for larger)

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 11:58 AM

Quote - Latest. While waiting for the Sultan to return from battle, his servant Amir, while preparing his chambers happens to notice the area where the Sultan is keeping his latest harem additon and decides to take a look (I can't post what happens next, LOL)

Both Genesis, all 3D, no postwork, over night render, 4 lights, enjoy! (click for larger)

You strong suit is definately skin do you play with it all surface fuzz top coat ect?

59Burst ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:17 PM · edited Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:18 PM

Quote - Latest. While waiting for the Sultan to return from battle, his servant Amir, while preparing his chambers happens to notice the area where the Sultan is keeping his latest harem additon and decides to take a look (I can't post what happens next, LOL)

I agree with Bob . . . wonderful skin.  Would love to know if you have any special settings or tricks.  I like how you've distorted the male figure behind the drapes.  And the look of her costume is sublime.  Overall great image.

And I'd very much like to know where I can view what happens next!

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:27 PM · edited Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:32 PM

Thanks all, yep, I tend to play too much with settings. I used to be a DJ at a mens club, so I have had lots of time to look at skin and know what I like, LOL.

I was using the surface fuzz option quite a bit, but found that depending on the light and setting, I was getting to much gloss and not enough detail. I like using the top coat option as it can really bring out the color of skin and adds depth depending on the light.

The harem girl's skin is the Onyx textures from CJStudio (I removed some blemishes, added my own makeups and made the areola smaller on the textures) and the reality settings are - specular color 56, gloss strength 7294, top coat color is 116, 86, 69, and thickness is at 30, hope that helps.

If i can ever find a place to post the images of what comes next, I'll let you know, LOL.

The harem oufit was a DS experiment that worked. All parts are poser dynamic. I loaded all the bottom parts and exported as one OBJ, then reimported, changed it to a WM figure and transferred the rigging of genesis and with the smoothing modifer and collision, got a good fit wwith my genesis morphs, gotta love DS.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

callad ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quote - If i can ever find a place to post the images of what comes next, I'll let you know, LOL.

Lemme guess.. They are not going to talk about the weather, right? ;)

Beautiful image btw :)

Reggie68 ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:38 PM · edited Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:39 PM

I think you'll find Amir would be missing a couple of things to be allowed anywhere near the Sultan's harem.

Maybe a nice game of chess?

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 12:57 PM

Quote - I think you'll find Amir would be missing a couple of things to be allowed anywhere near the Sultan's harem.

Maybe a nice game of chess?

Now, now, if he was a Eunuch, I doubt he would even be interested in looking, the Sultan has quite the harem, so I doubt he is worried about Amir. Hmmm, I am thinking bath scene with the Sultan and his harem, hmmmmm.....

I actually thought about that version of the render, but this added more for the imagination. I originally had the harem slave as submissive, but I then decided she would embrace her role, hence the pose, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Reggie68 ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 1:01 PM · edited Fri, 28 December 2012 at 1:01 PM

Click for bigger

Been playing with the Vascularity product and using normal maps instead of displacement.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 1:32 PM

Nice Reggie, I see it in the chest area, very subtile. I was thinking of getting this, do you find it worth the value? what texture is that?

man, I have bought so many things these past few weeks on sale, I have to many options now, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Reggie68 ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 1:50 PM

That's the V4 Hi-res texture. I bought the merchant resourse which is basically a set of photoshop layers.

Only just had it, so no conclusion on VFM yet. Also need to work on the parameters for the normal maps.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 2:19 PM

Thanks Reggie, let us know what you think, it is on my wishlist.

Well since I have lots of recent images and have been updating my DA gallery, here's another. Was working on some props and threw in a half naked girl to make it complete, LOL. (click for larger)

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

59Burst ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2012 at 8:23 PM

Quote -

Click for bigger

Been playing with the Vascularity product and using normal maps instead of displacement.

Oh, yeah!  Love that look in the skin.  Cool.

john3d ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 1:56 AM · edited Sat, 29 December 2012 at 1:57 AM

file_489951.jpg

I've been playing with DS4.5s Transfer Utility tool lately, to many options for my little brain cell to handle. I could not get the shoulder guards to work properly so kept the pose simple and used a few morphs to make them look half decent. As you can see it has been fun as I got a bit carried away and have almost made a complete outfit, she just needs some footwear and she'll be ready for battle.

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 3:37 AM

Looks nice but it is against the CG Rules of War.

"Battle Attire (Female)

Female characters can wear a thong, panty or shorts made of a leather or armoured material. The top can be a corset or bra which must have a clevage enhancing effect. The upper area garment must be made of a leather or armoured material.

A belt, shoulder, shin & arm guards can be worn. Footwear should be suitable, with boots no more than knee high with a flat or elevated heel. Boots should be made of leather.

If the battle is expected to take place in the vicinity of a temple, all generations of Victorias should be armed with a sword and be naked."

Taken from the CG Rules of WAR, Section 5, Paragraph 4

RFreise ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2012 at 7:58 AM
Online Now!

Very nice work since I was last able to look here

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.