Mon, Aug 5, 8:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 09 7:44 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: In an animation, moving a whole frame, from within Python

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 5:55 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:01 AM

I want to make a length of animation run at half the speed. So I would do this:-

If the animation is n frames long, make it 2*n frames long.

for A in poser.Scene().Actors():

. for j = n (-1) 1 :-

. . for P =  each parameter dial in turn of actor A :-

. . . B = all the frame information (value, whether it is a keyframe, spline settings) for frame j of parameter dial P of actor A

. . . delete frame j of parameter dial P of actor A, if it is a keyframe

. . . delete frame 2*j of parameter dial P of actor A, if it is already a keyframe

. . . set frame 2*j of parameter dial P of actor A to the value and keyframe settings of B, if B is a keyframe

Please, has this been done before?

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2013 at 6:58 AM

Most of it looks easy, but how could I pick up and set the spline settings?

poisinivy ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2013 at 7:32 PM

I would render at 30fps save it in AVI and then in your movie editor you should be able to control the rendered scene speed in the movie eidtor  I use adobe premiere  and i can slow it own to 3 fps if i need to.  Just a short cut I use  for slow motion shots. :)

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2013 at 12:58 AM

Thanks. But after I have done what I described in the first message in this thread, I may need to edit the result some more.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.