Fri, Oct 4, 8:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 7:45 am)

Subject: Eeww...What happened to the Forum?

goldie ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 12:32 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 12:34 PM

Quote - should the drop down menu at the top work when you put the mouse over it ?  I have to click the menu to get the dropdown list.

the top menu bar does not work correctly for:

Free Stuff
Galleries
Forums

You have to right click the heading text for those sections and open in a new window in order to get to the index (main) pages for those areas. In the previous working site one could click on the heading text and it would take you to the correct page.

If anyone has another way to access the primary (index) pages for those sections, please let me know.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:13 PM

I swear the people who do the web design for this site are colour blind. This is supposed to be an art site and it should be esthetically pleasing to the eye.  The last couple of web changes for the colour scheme and layout have been anything but esthetically pleasing. The colours all clash.

Perhaps RO can have a contest and have a real artist do a web design for them?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Kazam561 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:35 PM

Quote - Will Rendo be issuing free sunglasses to view the current system??

All the best.

LROG

Filtered 3d glasses anyone? :)

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:52 PM

3D glasses might help  but  the  designers  need  to rework  the  pages  and  links   so they  look good are  easy to see  and  the  links  work  correctly

do they  not look at thier  work  and  correct   mistakes   before   putting  the  pages  up  on the  server  for  us  to  use???

Chaosophia ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 2:55 PM

Day 2 Captains Log...

Renderosity seems to have allied themselves with the Borg... They have assimulated other tactics and changed their format. They seem to be gaining speed in assimulation. Tribbles are are being blinded by flashing text, and Scotty hasn't beamed himself back from the bathroom yet. Warf's Klingoness is at an all time low. We can't open communication with Spock because the text is blue on blue, probably happened after Kirk left to persue a singing career, Damn it Kirk, why did you have to cover Bohemian Rhapsody... End transmission...

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 3:08 PM

Quote - > Quote - should the drop down menu at the top work when you put the mouse over it ?  I have to click the menu to get the dropdown list.

No, for me it's the same... :blink:

They aren't working at all if scripts are blocked, which I do by default after some problems with rogue ads.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 3:11 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 3:14 PM

LOL!

The site's dead, Jim....

Murdered.....

Quote - Day 2 Captains Log...

Renderosity seems to have allied themselves with the Borg... They have assimulated other tactics and changed their format. They seem to be gaining speed in assimulation. Tribbles are are being blinded by flashing text, and Scotty hasn't beamed himself back from the bathroom yet. Warf's Klingoness is at an all time low. We can't open communication with Spock because the text is blue on blue, probably happened after Kirk left to persue a singing career, Damn it Kirk, why did you have to cover Bohemian Rhapsody... End transmission...

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 3:57 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 3:58 PM

She canna take it Captain!!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - should the drop down menu at the top work when you put the mouse over it ?  I have to click the menu to get the dropdown list.

No, for me it's the same... :blink:

They aren't working at all if scripts are blocked, which I do by default after some problems with rogue ads.

I agree. I had to unblock more stuff in "no Script" but that did fix the drop down issue. No biggie either. Normal stuff you see during any web site change.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:38 PM

OH GOD MY EYES!!!

liberate tutame ex infernis!

:)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:43 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

It could be DAZ ,Renderosity are trying to weed out there forums.
Only the really really need to .Will go to fracked forums.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:44 PM

Besides from just chiming in there (LOL!), maybe take some color out of the blue page background and make the big banner/sidebar varying shades of grey like the forum.  The orange text for the forum headers is a bit much. IMHO

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:12 PM

Wow - you REALLY are having trouble with this site!!!

Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Damn your eyes.
Igor: [to camera] Too late.

Quote - OH GOD MY EYES!!!

liberate tutame ex infernis!

:)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:28 PM

The header is more then 1.300 pixels high !!!!!!

That is higher then a full screen height........(running 1920x1080 here)

No problem that all that is on a Home page, but what is that LARGE Header doing on a forum page...

A nightmare for Smart phone and tablet readers.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 5:58 PM

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the bright white coler seems to be gone, the header is still big, but seems to be smaller as well. I'm not seeing a more grey/silver color where the bright white was before. I still see bthe lue on blue though.....

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:47 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:48 PM

Arrrgh...ditch the white! And while you're at it, ditch the BLUE! It's barfmaking. What's wrong with a nice dark gray? Will make all the images pop and easy on the eyes and it doesn't cause a hurdle for your non-web designers. GAG. And for the love of Mike - make a mobile version...a GRAY one. Sheesh.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:49 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:51 PM

Quote - I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but the bright white coler seems to be gone, the header is still big, but seems to be smaller as well. I'm not seeing a more grey/silver color where the bright white was before. I still see bthe lue on blue though.....

Um, I'm still seeing white, except now it looks like a noisy white...everywhere. I guess "professional looking website" isn't discussed at the Rendo meetings. Looks like they brought in a 5 year old ffs....

"Hey...dig our new kindergarten theme!!"

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:21 PM

Seems to have improved through the day, although the contrast between the dark post background and the light header is a bit much.  Also, nothing is "What's  Hot Today", but perhaps that's cool.

Still no spell checker....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 9:41 PM

Header still to large overall and needs to have a dark background color.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Chaosophia ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:50 PM

Quote - EPIC WIN!!!! FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!

She canna take it Captain!!!!!!

All the best.

LROG

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 11:19 PM

This is the new Ignore Button - you are moved to ignore the entire forum.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:20 AM

Time to reinstall Stylish.

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:42 AM

file_491856.jpg

Take that Rendo ;).

Ain't crazy about the purple, but I can probably change it. At any rate, it's better than that nauseating teal ;).

Laurie

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:14 AM

I forgot to also mention, the footer is too BIG and too white also. Was not fun navigating the galleries, let alone the forum.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:37 AM

Well, trying to use the forum with an iPhone has gotten a whole lot worse. Layout about as bad as before there, but the text editor is now totally broken. Can't use a carriage return without input breaking altogether.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:53 AM

Well, at least it's watchable.

There is still a lot to do, but it's better.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:54 AM

It's looking gradually better on the desktop browser though, I think... ;)

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 7:52 AM

What I really do not understand is their fascination with blue. Blue text on a dark background, light blue text on a white background. They are very difficult to read for a large part of the community.

I also find the bright white borders (and background) in the store really painful to watch. The bright white ruins any darker thumbnail and distracts the others.

I think it is a mistake to optimize the color scheme to a tablet or phone at the cost of readability on a computer screen. Most users are using the computer to read the forums and make purchases since that is what their apps of choice are running on.

If I look at Renderosity now with a phone or tablet, I do not see any real improvement for these devices. The advertizing, sidebars, banners still take the majority of the screen real estate and you have to scroll your way around it - just like on the old site. So I really so no winners here

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 8:45 AM

Why the fascination with blue?

IBM super computer, " Blue Gene"

Sony's infamous HD DVD, "Blu Ray" (sic)

American Expresses new card, "Blue" (Blue from American Express®)

Microsoft,"Azure" (Azure cloud platform, also Azure #007FFF is blue)

NATOs' "Blue" Military Berets

Merriam Webster Dictionary, "blue blood,"
1: membership in a noble or socially prominent family
2: a member of a noble or socially prominent family

It's no surprise there is a desire to use "Blue" as many other notables are already doing it.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 8:57 AM

Aside from a lot of wasted screen space on both sides of the page when viewing on a widescreen monitior, a minor problem is that when my cursor hovers over an item it no longer automatically opens drop-down menus like it use to do before the change, but now it require a mouse click to do the same thing.  Like I said, a minor nit to pick.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 9:08 AM

Better...

While you folks are redoing the pages, how about a 'Top of Forum" link on the bottom, too, Please... 😄

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 9:14 AM

Quote - Better...

While you folks are redoing the pages, how about a 'Top of Forum" link on the bottom, too, Please... 😄

I completely agree!

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 9:32 AM

I suggest that anyone who finds the white incredibly bright checjk their monitor calibration.  For me the reply box is white but it is fine for typing black text.

The blue on teal is not the best but I dont find it as bad as many people are saying.

Perhaps rendo can be convinced to do a version for phones. 

Saxon3d ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 9:42 AM

As I don't possess a tablet or an Iphone, those sort of changes are lost on me, but unless I'm just one in a million, something about the whole combination of colours with the bright white header and footer, actually makes me feel quite giddy when I scroll the page. I've checked my monitor so I can at least rule out blaming my PC for feeling so uncomfortable.

But I can't spenf very long at browsing the site before I have to look away. I use to spend weeks (not literally) browsing the threads, but now it is honestly as much as I can do to pop in long enough to type a message like this. Bloody shame really, but I suppose it's a natural progression........

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 9:48 AM

One has to wonder if they're purposefully trying to drive ppl away...for my part, it may be working....

Laurie

wimvdb ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quote - I suggest that anyone who finds the white incredibly bright checjk their monitor calibration.  For me the reply box is white but it is fine for typing black text.

The blue on teal is not the best but I dont find it as bad as many people are saying.

Perhaps rendo can be convinced to do a version for phones. 

The blue in teal is difficult to read (and probably for most people over 50). The contrast is simply too low.

The same is for the bright white colors. They dominate their surrounding so much that anything with less contrast becomes fades away. Good example is the store. Many promo thumbnails are dark, when you look at the thumbnail your eyes keep going back to the white border and the white description background.

With a good calibratied monitor it is a bit better, but the white still distracts from the thumbnails. And now many people have properly callibrated monitors?

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 10:46 AM

Well, there's custom css in the css forum, which I applied, and which did absolutely nothing ;).

Laurie

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 10:48 AM

Quote - The blue in teal is difficult to read (and probably for most people over 50). The contrast is simply too low.

That must be it. They're trying to drive away the older folks ;).

Have to go now. My eyes are bleeding....

Laurie

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:06 AM

Quote - Well, there's custom css in the css forum, which I applied, and which did absolutely nothing ;).

Laurie

Those custom scripts are for the previous web design. I think someone needs to come up with something new for this one.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:22 AM

yea  a  whole  new  page  design that  is  tested  and a  new  color  plan to  make  it  easier  to  see  and  navigate   then  test  the   work  to  see  how  it  looks

Janl ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:43 AM

I'm not sure what the big plan is but I've just looked at one product page and now have a blinding headache and so won't be buying anything.

The forums are not too bad once I've scrolled past all the brightness but now my eyes and head hurt so much I can't read any more. :(

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:50 AM
Online Now!

Honestly I don't see much difference other than the new brighter header. And there is a texture to the background image on the header, so it's definitely intentional. 

Blue and orange is recognized around the world as being an inviting color scheme to most people that invokes feelings of warmth and security, which is why many businesses use it. The blue on blue link texts need adjusting, (maybe change them to orange) I'll agree with that, and the thread/forum headers are a bit too large. Otherwise, everything pretty much looks the same as it always has. The thread posts being light gray on a dark gray background is easy on the eyes as bright whites and other bright colors can strain eyes pretty fast.

I don't use any mac devices, i have an android phone and I don't use it for browsing the web cause that's just pointless, so I don't know what the mobile version of the site looks like.

I think people just like having something to complain about.

~Shane

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:50 AM

product  pages  are  way to bright  and  definately   hurt  my  eyes   if  s spend any time  there  think the  big  plan  is  to  put  people  off   and  if  they  keep  them  like  that  it  will do  that

thought  they  had  a  proffesional  web  page  builder????????

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:40 PM

But has the page builder got a sense of how to use colour?

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:43 PM

At the moment the site looks like someone got a new toy to play with and wants to use all the options in one go!!!

A bit like those that get a new word processor and have to use 50 different fonts on one page.

All the best.

LROG

Saxon3d ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 1:34 PM · edited Sat, 23 February 2013 at 1:44 PM

Sorry to disagree with you Ambient Shade, but I'm not complaining for the sake of it. It genuinely hurts my eyes. The two shades of grey on alternate forum posts also has my eyes constantly adjusting to white on dark grey and light grey on lighter grey, then various shades of blue, some white, some orange etc....It isn't a gripe against change or complaint for complaints sake, in my instance it is just me saying "OWWW, that hurts", there are people I know who can't watch MTV Videos as the flashing lights hurt their eyes, I wouldn't dream of critcising them and say they were moaning for moanings sake, I would ensure I didn't have those videos playing when they were guests in my house.

edited.....................

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 1:38 PM

Quote - i'm sorry if that upsets the web designers, although in fact I'm pretty certain they dont give a damn, I am purely stating what the site does to me.

I believe it is time that we tone it down a bit. Attacking the designers is counter productive. Management is aware of this thread and they are watching it to get feedback. That is the way that this thread is going to be productive. Make comments about what does and does not work and save the angst for tonight at the bar.

wiz

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 1:50 PM

Well, they have 5 pages of comments to work off at the moment.

All the best.

LROG

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:37 PM
Online Now!

Most web forums these days use alternating shades of the same color in forum posts with a very light gray or off-white text, cause its considered easier on the eyes by most. There's exactly 2 shades difference between these post backgrounds - the darker is 35rgb the lighter is 51rgb.

In terms of the marketplace, it is brighter than it previously was, which is more professional. Wasn't it a blue background before? The texture breaks up the brilliant white, but IMO it should be a lighter shade of gray, perhaps a neutral gray like photoshop uses, with darker/black text. Too bright is tough on the eyes and can distort colors and shading in the eyes in product images.

But the biggest webstores in the world use very bright backgrounds for their online stores and shopping carts - look at amazon, walmart, bestbuy, etc - none of them use colored or textured backgrounds (not professional at all), they're all brilliant white usually with shades of blue and/or orange text and black text for descriptions. 

~Shane

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:46 PM

I dunno... I'm starting to like the harder-to-read blue-on-blue.

WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!?!?!  :scared::scared::scared::scared:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.