Fri, Sep 20, 5:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:31 PM

Reggie68, I really enjoy your Penny renders.

BradHP ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:36 PM

Quote - I love the rain, except for something like Sandy, so I made this render.  Let me know what you think. On my screen it looks right, on my husband's it's way too light.  Not too sure what to do about that.Rain

Well...on my screen it's a little too dark.  Someone needs to calibrate their monitor but I don't know who.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:36 PM

Xandi, I think you need to calibrate your monitor (or your husbands). On mine it is dark, and my monitor is calibrated. Maybe others can see the rain better than I do :)

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:37 PM

I like it the hair looks plastic but that gives it an action figure doll look. I find characters in my renders look dollish as well which is fine by me since in most renders they dont look like real ppl anyhow... And congrats an not having that pesky Lux noise..

Xandi ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:41 PM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:43 PM

How would I go about calibrating my monitor?  Is there a best way?

Also, how do I add a link to see a large size of the image?  I was able to do it on the last one but I have to admit, it was by accident and I don't know what I did.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 4:45 PM

Xandi, get something like DataColor Spyder. There are web based ones, but they are hit and miss. As for the link, select the image and then the link button above the post window.

My DA Gallery

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 10:08 PM

Quote - It depends it was a year ago I would say 2 to 3 hours on average the one with the girl overhead POV closer to 5 or 6 don't forget I am taking FULL advantage of queue render I have had renders take as little as 10 & 15 mins. I posted something on my evolution of render times & material tweaking while you were absent..

Well, #3 there looks really good.  How?  Single curve light?

Two things happened 'while I was away'.  I was having a tiff with Daz over its crappy upgrade to its store, and that dove tailed nicely with a huge increase of stress at work.  (I changed jobs, and I'm much happier now.)

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 10:12 PM

Quote - > Quote - It depends it was a year ago I would say 2 to 3 hours on average the one with the girl overhead POV closer to 5 or 6 don't forget I am taking FULL advantage of queue render I have had renders take as little as 10 & 15 mins. I posted something on my evolution of render times & material tweaking while you were absent..

Well, #3 there looks really good.  How?  Single curve light?

Two things happened 'while I was away'.  I was having a tiff with Daz over its crappy upgrade to its store, and that dove tailed nicely with a huge increase of stress at work.  (I changed jobs, and I'm much happier now.)

Hey man things happen yeah I think DS has gotten crappy with alot of stuff it is what it is....

One mesh above & 1 curve on the side

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 10:48 PM

OK… this one is my version of an old Shadowrun image, DMZ (Downtown Militarized Zone).

I think the logic goes that if the .38 doesn’t do the trick, the fireball probably will.

This took 48 hours to render with all the light sources. In fact since my PC was wheezing with the difficulty of this render and the fact that I wanted to sleep at night, I had to upgrade my PC with a water cooler.

As always, this is desktop sized. (Gotta use these renders for something...)  You'll need to go to deviant art to get the full image.

http://fluffybush.deviantart.com/art/Pursuit-356675704

Pursuit

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 10:52 PM · edited Tue, 26 February 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quote - OK… this one is my version of an old Shadowrun image, DMZ (Downtown Militarized Zone).

I think the logic goes that if the .38 doesn’t do the trick, the fireball probably will.

This took 48 hours to render with all the light sources. In fact since my PC was wheezing with the difficulty of this render and the fact that I wanted to sleep at night, I had to upgrade my PC with a water cooler.

As always, this is desktop sized. (Gotta use these renders for something...)  You'll need to go to deviant art to get the full image.

Pursuit

I wonder how much longer it would of taken for the noise to completely clear. Nice render all the same. I have had to let renders go 9 plus hours just to have specs of noise reduce... I know that adding lots of convert to light adds eons of time this one had taken me 2 plus days and it also still had outstanding noise http://fav.me/d4zm4gu

UHF ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:04 PM

Quote - I wonder how much longer it would of taken for the noise to completely clear. Nice render all the same. I have had to let renders go 9 plus hours just to have specs of noise reduce... I know that adding lots of convert to light adds eons of time this one had taken me 2 plus days and it also still had outstanding noise http://fav.me/d4zm4gu

I think this is as good as it gets.  Its sampled at 2k samples/pixel. It doesn' tlook noisy to me. Much of the background materials really are that bumpy.  Stonemason is good for that.

The thing that upset me was after 1.5 days, I realized that the disc brakes weren't shiny, and frankly, I should have dialed up the shine on the bike body.  sigh  I put 8 hours of my life into the render and missed that.   sigh

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 4:39 AM

Quote - OK… this one is my version of an old Shadowrun image, DMZ (Downtown Militarized Zone).

Pursuit

Why am I thinking Jason Bourne when I see this? LOL. Very nice indeed. I'm not quite sure what the red block on the right is though.

My DA Gallery

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 6:41 AM · edited Wed, 27 February 2013 at 6:44 AM

file_492062.jpg

Aha, I keep forgetting to check these forums, but this sure explains why the Reality renders have dried up on the DAZ forums, LOL.

I'm currently in the WIP stages of creating a character for V5 that I'll hopefully get up to scratch enough to sell (new year's resolution - become a vendor!).

Pretty happy with the shape, but still got work to do on textures (test scene in Reality above)... I might end up doing an extra texture specifically with Reality in mind, as current one looks great in 3Delight but as you can see, is a wee bit lacklustre in Reality.

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

UHF ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 10:24 AM

Quote - Why am I thinking Jason Bourne when I see this? LOL. Very nice indeed. I'm not quite sure what the red block on the right is though.

Flying car... Daz Skyrider.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 1:48 PM · edited Wed, 27 February 2013 at 1:51 PM

UHF here is another example of using "converted to light vs provided mesh lighting planes. These took 7 to 8 hours http://fav.me/d5u0mmi http://fav.me/d5u0mmf due to using a neon light prop converted the long light tubes. I am sure if I would of went with my typical mesh from above & curve prolly would of taken 2 to 3...

Its really hard to know how many Lux renders I have cranked out but its well over a thousand..

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 4:03 PM

Been fiddling around a bit with Charley's spot lights.. here's what just came out of the oven.  Only thing I did to it in photoshop was to diffuse the hell out of it to soften up the entire image.

wayofthesword ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 1:50 AM · edited Thu, 28 February 2013 at 1:52 AM

I've kind of gotten over the aversion to noise in lux renders. I don't want it to be too noticeable, but there's still a certain amount of noise and grain in real cameras too.  It's just the way things are lighted sometimes.  Although, I noticed that I get faster renders and less noise when using Callad's mesh light.   Here's one I did recently using Callad's light mesh and trying out the LAMH plugin:  

Grizzly

The 500,000 strand fur created an 850meg .ply for lux.  hehe  Nice for stills, but it'd be a pain to try and get it rigged properly for animation.

UHF ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:47 AM

Quote - I've kind of gotten over the aversion to noise in lux renders. I don't want it to be too noticeable, but there's still a certain amount of noise and grain in real cameras too.  It's just the way things are lighted sometimes.  Although, I noticed that I get faster renders and less noise when using Callad's mesh light.   Here's one I did recently using Callad's light mesh and trying out the LAMH plugin:   Grizzly

The 500,000 strand fur created an 850meg .ply for lux.  hehe  Nice for stills, but it'd be a pain to try and get it rigged properly for animation.

Grains are in the film...  Older films are grainy.

Hmmm.... What we need is another render contest.  Retro and grainy...

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:55 AM · edited Thu, 28 February 2013 at 11:04 AM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/393-356817061

file_492109.jpg

I like my renders clean & shiny & purty! Noise in the renders drive me apesh*t. Not saying I have all noise free renders but I do try to keep it to a minimum...

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:56 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:57 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 10:59 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2013 at 1:56 PM

FYI if you guys still want to post your Lux or Reality renders (whatever you call them) on the DS forum, I have been posting them in this thread without a problem so far...

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2172/

OdieSchnitzel ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 6:51 AM

So, as promised a Frame right out of my newest Musicclip called "The Darksite". You can see how I am advancing with the fusion of Reality with Virtual Reality as here I am using 2 different Characters in one Image, an Actor and a virtual Character.

What do you think, about the combination? 

The Darksite

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:18 AM

Looking very good Odie!

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:33 AM

Yes Odie, the lighting does match wonderfully!

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:50 AM

The Chain (Fleetwood Mac)

Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise

Run in the shadows
Damn your love, damn your lies

And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 10:56 AM

I know its a prespective thing but something looks off with the car very nice render just being nit picky LOL

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 1:08 PM

Edit never mind I see the car is on a lower level

callad ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 6:02 PM

Attached Link: DOWNLOAD 'GEL Projectors'

Here is my latest freebie.. :)

The Gel-Cam Projector System

This system will enable you to illuminate your scene using a meshlight with 99 different colored gels, 150 black and white shapes and your own photos or renders. The system works with 'easy to pose' Gel-Cams.

There also are presets to give each gel one of 6 basic primary colors. Apart from transparent-white; blue, red, green, yellow, pink and cyan.

You can combine the gels and shapes. You can also mirror them horizontally separately.

Another advantage is that you are able to preview exactly where the light is going to be in your scene before rendering.

When you combine the three Gel-Cams which are provided in this set, you are able to create an almost endless variety of light patterns to illuminate your scene.

To give you an idea of the basic combinations for each Gel-Cam:

99 gels + 10 user photo presets = 109 gel presets. Also transparent-white or 6 primary colors which can be applied to each of the gel/photo presets. So each gel has 763 different possibilities.

Multiply that with the 150 shapes you can use on each gel, you get 114.450 possibilities for each separate Gel-Cam.

Now the three Gel-Cams combined give you more than 1.499.000.000.000.000 different illumination possibilities for your scene!

Happy rendering!

GEL Projectors 

OdieSchnitzel ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 6:15 PM

Thank you callad, thank's doctor! Glad you like it!

OdieSchnitzel ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 6:26 PM

Quote - The Chain (Fleetwood Mac)

Doctor, as always you have very nice small details in your image. Even the birds are all in a different position. Beautiful Picture!

inquire ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 6:26 PM

My GOSH! Callad, I cannot believe this is FREE! Look at the prices paid elsewhere for lighting sets, and they don't even begin to offer this. 

Can't say "Thank You" enough.

RFreise ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 6:34 PM

Thank you callad

StevieC ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 6:49 PM

Run in the shadows

Beautiful, Beautiful image Doc! The Chain is one of my fave Fleetwood Mac songs......Stevie Nicks is my name's sake after all.....This is absolutely stunning!

Amethst25 ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 7:14 PM

Run in the shadows

Wow Doc I really like this one.  I love how the walls are light reflected in the window.   Excellent scene. 

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

MBusch ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 8:38 PM

Thank you so much Callad! I will have so much fun with this.

lasserine ( ) posted Fri, 01 March 2013 at 11:34 PM

Thank you Callad.

Great renders all.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:07 AM · edited Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:08 AM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/399-357207715

file_492168.jpg

Thanks Charley and more of my whacky mahem to celebrate!

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:08 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:09 AM
bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:10 AM
Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:57 AM

Thank you, Callad.

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 3:56 AM

Attached Link: UPDATED GEL Projectors (fix for missing SHAPE mask)

*bows head in shame*

I had to update the zipfile for my GEL Projectors since the SHAPE mask loaded in the wrong position.

For those who have downloaded and installed it already, please download and install again.

I also found I forgot to describe how to use the GEL colors, will fix that too.

Sorry folks...

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 4:23 AM
callad ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 5:08 AM

The guide is now updated too. It has a section that explains the use of GEL colors and an important note.

It should work OK now, if not just let me know. :)

john3d ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 9:20 AM

Thank you Charley, I've got a render going now (started before the update), cannot believe you are giving this away free - Fantastic Reality add-on :)

Rayman29 ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 11:04 AM · edited Sat, 02 March 2013 at 11:07 AM

Wow, fantastic.  Thanks again Charley.

One of the things I like most about the sets is the grouping you've used.   The abillity to  individually adjust each light during render is a vast improvement.   It could be called 'game changing'.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 11:09 AM

Thanks for the hard work Callad, very nicely done!!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

callad ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 12:30 PM · edited Sat, 02 March 2013 at 12:32 PM

You are most welcome guys! :)

As for the grouping used: I found myself constantly renaming groups when I added lights since I want the ability to adjust each light used in Lux. Well, since I like seperate groups I figgured some of you might like that too. :)

Can somebody confirm my -updated set- is working correctly? I mean with both GEL mask and SHAPE mask present on loading?

I am a virgo, (..no Anton, ~virgo~, not 'virgin'.. :P ) so I hated the fact I uploaded a package that wasn't 100% OK. My tester could not help it. She got the correct geometry / dsf file I was working with too. I simply uploaded a younger version that had faults. I now replaced it again with the older, correct working, file (so I hope).

As for the 'freebie' part, it simply is my hobby and I do not need to pay the bills with it. So why not just share something that I made to use myself?

Oh, you can 'pay' me by posting a nice render on this forum which you made using my set. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.