Fri, Sep 20, 7:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

MBusch ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:53 PM · edited Sat, 02 March 2013 at 1:56 PM

Attached Link: Fashion Oxygen

file_492188.jpg

> Quote - Oh, you can 'pay' me by posting a nice render on this forum which you made using my set. :)

Still not with your new set, but I wasting sometime with Easy Pose System making some test renders... and she appeared… I like her! So it is my caress to you. Thank you again for the nice stuff shared with us!

MarkR151 ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quote - The Chain (Fleetwood Mac)

Listen to the wind blow, watch the sun rise

Run in the shadows
Damn your love, damn your lies

And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain
And if you don't love me now
You will never love me again
I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain

Beautiful render Dr!

Where did you get this elaborate house environment and vehicles outside? And how large was the original render? How long did this scene take to render? Stellar work!

Pardon all the questions please.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 3:31 PM

Another shot using  callad's lights.  This one I kept the lighting rather subdued in order to keep the overall sunset theme.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 3:31 PM

Another shot using  callad's lights.  This one I kept the lighting rather subdued in order to keep the overall sunset theme.

callad ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 3:57 PM · edited Sat, 02 March 2013 at 3:58 PM

Very nice work SharkB! :)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 5:06 PM

Quote - Beautiful render Dr! Where did you get this elaborate house environment and vehicles outside? And how large was the original render? How long did this scene take to render? Stellar work!

Thanks, MarkR151.

The house environment is from Design 12 (Arrin) here at Rendo, and the car is V8 Panther at DAZ. Other bits and pieces from DAZ, RDNA and Rendo. The render size is 1834 x 920, and took around 48 hours. It probably didn't need to render that long, but I usually let mine render for long periods.

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 5:09 PM

Quote - I am a virgo, (..no Anton, ~virgo~, not 'virgin'.. :P )

Oh Callad, you have shattered my illusions 😉

My DA Gallery

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 6:48 PM

Charley.. I absolutely love these lights.. if not for anything else the massive boost in my render speed.  Not surewhat you did with them, but my speed is 2 to 4 times faster than before I started using them.  My render speed with your lights is equivalent to my render speed with hdri lights.  It might be just a hobby.. but if I were you, I'd work up some sort of retail set for them and put them in the marketplace.  Nothing outrageous like other light sets but who knows.. could give you enough of a little income to be able to afford some more content to get back to producing YOUR amazing renders.

BradHP ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:43 PM

This one is kind of pointless except for experimenting with camera angles and focal length. 

MarkR151 ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quote - > Quote - Beautiful render Dr! Where did you get this elaborate house environment and vehicles outside? And how large was the original render? How long did this scene take to render? Stellar work!

Thanks, MarkR151.

The house environment is from Design 12 (Arrin) here at Rendo, and the car is V8 Panther at DAZ. Other bits and pieces from DAZ, RDNA and Rendo. The render size is 1834 x 920, and took around 48 hours. It probably didn't need to render that long, but I usually let mine render for long periods.

Thanks Doc!  :) 

john3d ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 1:27 AM

file_492200.jpg

Used one of Callads lights to make the shadow effect, kept it subtle as I wanted to show off the cushions (read - testing the morphs etc I gave the cushions).

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 1:36 AM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 1:36 AM

file_492202.jpg

Something I did for Stomason contest

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 1:41 AM

Quote - Used one of Callads lights to make the shadow effect, kept it subtle as I wanted to show off the cushions (read - testing the morphs etc I gave the cushions).

The teddy (bear) doesn't look very happy. Very nice indeed, John!

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 4:33 AM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 4:33 AM

Quote - Charley.. I absolutely love these lights.. if not for anything else the massive boost in my render speed.  Not surewhat you did with them, but my speed is 2 to 4 times faster than before I started using them.  My render speed with your lights is equivalent to my render speed with hdri lights.  It might be just a hobby.. but if I were you, I'd work up some sort of retail set for them and put them in the marketplace.  Nothing outrageous like other light sets but who knows.. could give you enough of a little income to be able to afford some more content to get back to producing YOUR amazing renders.

Glad you like them SharkB!

About the speed; yes, I've noticed that my big lights (halfdome, ect) do produce a fair speed. I made them with a little faces as I could but still being able to 'bend' them.

Yes, I've thought about selling them. But life is expensive as it is and we are in a world-wide economical crisis, right?

That's why we need a hobby to get our minds of things like paying bills. Buying 3D stuff for our hobby is also expensive, I know.

That is why I just LOVE sharecg! I've downloaded tons of stuff from there and for me, giving my lightsets for free is a way of 'giving something back' to the community and people I so love. :) 

callad ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 4:35 AM

Quote - Used one of Callads lights to make the shadow effect, kept it subtle as I wanted to show off the cushions (read - testing the morphs etc I gave the cushions).

Very nice John! Love the image!

59Burst ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 8:45 AM

Quote - Yes, I've thought about selling them. But life is expensive as it is and we are in a world-wide economical crisis, right?

That's why we need a hobby to get our minds of things like paying bills. Buying 3D stuff for our hobby is also expensive, I know.

That is why I just LOVE sharecg! I've downloaded tons of stuff from there and for me, giving my lightsets for free is a way of 'giving something back' to the community and people I so love. :) 

I'm gonna get gushy here . . . Charley, you are a treasure to our hobby.  You have shared your time, talents, and vision with us, and I am very grateful. 

59Burst ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quote - Thank you Charley, I've got a render going now (started before the update), cannot believe you are giving this away free - Fantastic Reality add-on :)

John, you too have given us freebies for which I would have gladly paid.  Many thanks for contributing so generously to the community.

RLSprouse ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 9:05 AM

Hear, Hear!  John's and Callad's contributions to our artistic toolsets are marvellous, and I sure want you to know how very much appreciated they are!

~ Russ  

wallace3d ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quote - Something I did for Stomason contest

hope that was not an entry

one of the rules are that it cannot be in any other forum or location if I read that right.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 10:34 AM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quote - > Quote - Something I did for Stomason contest

hope that was not an entry

one of the rules are that it cannot be in any other forum or location if I read that right.

Yeah it was a bit of a blunder on my end im just so used to post my stuff here so I automatically did it. Then was going to edit it with a link to it.  By the time one sneezes one's thread is locked for good. I just withdrew it. I don't do contests in general and doubt I will again...

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 2:06 PM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 2:19 PM

file_492224.jpg

Back to regular programming

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 2:09 PM

file_492225.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 2:09 PM

file_492226.jpg

john3d ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 2:13 PM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 2:25 PM

file_492227.jpg

> Quote - John, you too have given us freebies for which I would have gladly paid.  Many thanks for contributing so generously to the community.

At the moment I'm filling a room with props, it is an on-going WIP but if you see something in it you want just let me know (Hopefully Doc will have a look at it to make sure I have packaged things properly:) )

Edit - Pics of the project are above and on page 238.

Charley, I love the light-sets you have created :)

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hi, Callad: I'm wondering if you can do these light sets again for Poser? I know I shouldn't ask. Maybe, if you do them for Poser, you'll charge for them then. 

I'm guessing they'll still be useful with DAZStudio and Reality 3 for DS, because they work with DS now, and why not with Reality 3? But, obviously, they're not going to work with Poser.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 3:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - John, you too have given us freebies for which I would have gladly paid.  Many thanks for contributing so generously to the community.

At the moment I'm filling a room with props, it is an on-going WIP but if you see something in it you want just let me know (Hopefully Doc will have a look at it to make sure I have packaged things properly:) )

Edit - Pics of the project are above and on page 238.

Charley, I love the light-sets you have created :)

Lovely image John! Thanks for using my light-thinghy!

callad ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 3:49 PM

Quote - Hi, Callad: I'm wondering if you can do these light sets again for Poser? I know I shouldn't ask. Maybe, if you do them for Poser, you'll charge for them then. 

I'm guessing they'll still be useful with DAZStudio and Reality 3 for DS, because they work with DS now, and why not with Reality 3? But, obviously, they're not going to work with Poser.

Hi! :) Well, I tried to learn Poser a few years back but "Poser" and "me" do not mix "well".

So I am affraid "I" cannot create them for Poser. You will have to wait for Reality 3 anyway to use meshlights / Luxrender, right?

...Now I wish I could say more, but I can't...

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 3:52 PM

No problem. It's great having these for DAZStudio.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 4:26 PM

Quote - No problem. It's great having these for DAZStudio.

Then you'll be happy to know I am working on version 2 of my first set, the one with the 3 meshlights, 3 curved lights, 3 meshspots and 3 softboxes.

the real change will be on the softboxes which will have adjustable snoots and gobo patterns.

The other lights will be easier and fail-safe to adjust.

Working on the softboxes atm.

Will include the 'ring-light', horizontal and vertical blinds and a few 'checker' patterns as base set.

If anyone has other good suggestions for gobo-patterns, plz let me know. :) 

wayofthesword ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 8:43 PM · edited Sun, 03 March 2013 at 8:44 PM

Thanks for the light sets Callad.  All of the ones I've tried so far have worked great for me.

Here's my current WIP.  I modeled it in Hexagon/Blender.  I still have some more accent pieces to add, but I'm creeping up on being finished.  It's my first render since the switch to Lux 1.2.

Theater

UHF ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 10:44 AM

Quote - This one is kind of pointless except for experimenting with camera angles and focal length. 

What did you use for the grass?

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 11:47 AM

Quote - > Quote - This one is kind of pointless except for experimenting with camera angles and focal length. 

What did you use for the grass?

There was a tent and pavillion that were free on Daz a few months ago, and it's the ground that came with those. 

john3d ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 12:29 PM

file_492250.jpg

Just added a side table to never ending WIP project, should be fairly straight forward adapting it to make a coffee table.

I'm not to happy with the lamp, so I'll be doing a google image search for table lamps soon :)

Amethst25 ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 1:26 PM · edited Mon, 04 March 2013 at 1:26 PM

Hi John,

Didn't you create a lamp with little leaves coming off the side of the pole?  That might look good on that table :)

Sent you a site mail.. :) 

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

UHF ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 8:20 PM

file_492268.jpg

If you guys haven't seen Garibaldi Hair Express...  Go look at it.  It rocks.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/17751/P195/#266323

Here's a morphing hair piece I made myself..  Rendered in Reality of course.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2418881

UHF ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 8:28 PM

On another note... Character test render, "Can You Feel The Love?"

http://fluffybush.deviantart.com/art/Can-You-Feel-The-Love-357762856

Shiny

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 8:40 PM

Quote - If you guys haven't seen Garibaldi Hair Express...  Go look at it.  It rocks.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/17751/P195/#266323

Here's a morphing hair piece I made myself..  Rendered in Reality of course.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2418881

Garibaldi is working with Reality?  I was playing with the beta and the last version I used was 3Delight only. 

UHF ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 8:56 PM

Quote - Garibaldi is working with Reality?  I was playing with the beta and the last version I used was 3Delight only. 

It does.. but not out of the box.  Read the threadon the Daz forum.  It takes you through all the steps.

From inside Garibaldi, you need to export the hair as an OBJ.  Then convert that to a morphable Genesis asset.  Save it, and merge it back in.

In Reality you need to use a metal shader and a glossiness of 6000 or so.

Garibaldi is really really easy to use.

**The best way to describe it is that Garibaldi is to hair, what Reality is to renders. ** That Mohawk Hair was designed on the default Genesis Head.  I Morphed it to Anubus after all that, then rendered it in Reality.

There are issues with Reality renders.  There are a lot of hairs on a head, and Garibaldi exports an OBJ as individual hairs.  Long hair generates huge OBJ files.  You only get one shader per OBJ in Reality. So you may want several flavors of the same hair for more detail.

On the plus side I didn't notice any performance issues with the render at all.

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2013 at 9:30 PM · edited Mon, 04 March 2013 at 9:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - Garibaldi is working with Reality?  I was playing with the beta and the last version I used was 3Delight only. 

It does.. but not out of the box.  Read the threadon the Daz forum.  It takes you through all the steps.

From inside Garibaldi, you need to export the hair as an OBJ.  Then convert that to a morphable Genesis asset.  Save it, and merge it back in.

In Reality you need to use a metal shader and a glossiness of 6000 or so.

Garibaldi is really really easy to use.

**The best way to describe it is that Garibaldi is to hair, what Reality is to renders. ** That Mohawk Hair was designed on the default Genesis Head.  I Morphed it to Anubus after all that, then rendered it in Reality.

There are issues with Reality renders.  There are a lot of hairs on a head, and Garibaldi exports an OBJ as individual hairs.  Long hair generates huge OBJ files.  You only get one shader per OBJ in Reality. So you may want several flavors of the same hair for more detail.

Sounds like too much work.  

I have Interposer for Cinema 4D so it's probably easier to just import a Daz character into there and make hair in C4D. 

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 12:17 AM · edited Tue, 05 March 2013 at 12:18 AM

file_492269.jpg

Mo renders

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 12:17 AM

file_492270.jpg

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 12:17 AM

file_492271.jpg

john3d ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 11:53 AM

file_492276.jpg

> Quote - Hi John,  Didn't you create a lamp with little leaves coming off the side of the pole?  That might look good on that table :)

Thanks for the pics Kim. The light you mentioned was a floor lamp, what do you think of this one?  I still need to texture the shade and package it (I hate that side of things).

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 12:07 PM

Quote - I still need to texture the shade and package it (I hate that side of things).

You know I'll check the packaging ;)

My DA Gallery

Amethst25 ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 12:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hi John,  Didn't you create a lamp with little leaves coming off the side of the pole?  That might look good on that table :)

Thanks for the pics Kim. The light you mentioned was a floor lamp, what do you think of this one?  I still need to texture the shade and package it (I hate that side of things).

Oh I like it.. I looks like the picture!  You did an excellent job on it!!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2013 at 6:46 PM

Quote -

Damn, I just bought LAMH 2 weeks ago and haven't had much time to play with it and have been looking at Garibaldi hair also. My first few tries with LAMH gave me great results with animals, but i haven't gotten good results with people yet.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

StevieC ( ) posted Wed, 06 March 2013 at 7:24 PM · edited Wed, 06 March 2013 at 7:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_242/file_2419398.jpg

Been a while since I posted, forgive me.....finally was able to upgrade the RAM in my laptop, so here is a tester image....just playing with props and camera angels.....![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/media/folder_242/file_2419398.jpg "Killer Heels....and Legs....and....")

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2013 at 1:41 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/418-358172117

file_492334.jpg

Nice skin stevie!

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2013 at 1:42 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 07 March 2013 at 1:42 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.