Fri, Sep 20, 3:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 6:18 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Quote - Testing Callad's updated Reality lights.  This one is a softbox with the snoot extended to max.  Framed the subject into the tunnel that the snoot made, made sure it was out of my shot in the real camera.  The background shadow was really noisy.  Had red hot pixels all over it that just never got better.  So I just ran the final render thru photoshop to give it a taste of my hot pixel remover filter.  Still didn't look all the great.  Her "clothes" is 3D-Age's Peek turned into a glass texture with a smoky sort of map added to it.  It did some weird things to the refraction but they're not all that bad.  All in all, think all of us reality users are going to have a fun time with Callad's light set once it's all done.

Very nice work Sharkbytes! :)

Your 'red dots' may be caused by not using a specular map for your girl. Also grain will stay a long time on reflective surfaces that have little light cast onto them.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 6:28 AM

"The stars in your eyes"

Here is a simple test I made with one of my softboxes. I saved the image with statistics and no postwork.

~made with Reality!~ :)

The Stars in your Eyes

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 12:34 PM

Nice I responded to you on D/A with a link to the outfit.  OT scored a 2T etxernal yesterday! Ready for more content hoarding!

inquire ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 1:57 PM

Quote - Luxball 6 scene for Poser and DAZ Studio.

http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5527&p=94030#p94030

I have converted the famous Luxball scene for use in Poser and DS.  This is designed as a handy little test scene where you can do all the testing you want and be able to compare to other lux users. (incase you dont know)

Thank you very much. I just downloaded it.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 2:05 PM

Quote - Nice I responded to you on D/A with a link to the outfit.  OT scored a 2T etxernal yesterday! Ready for more content hoarding!

Thanks Bob! :)

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 2:55 PM · edited Sun, 17 March 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quote - > Quote - Nice I responded to you on D/A with a link to the outfit.  OT scored a 2T etxernal yesterday! Ready for more content hoarding!

Thanks Bob! :)

No worries! The character is Pia same as Reg'e famous Penny. This is a remake of my 1st story when I sucked all redone in Reality via Luxrender. She was the original character & outfit..

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 3:47 PM
mattymanx ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 6:34 PM

Quote - Thank you Matt for the conversion of the LuxBall.

You're Welcome Paolo.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 7:37 PM · edited Sun, 17 March 2013 at 7:42 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/465-360114049

file_492736.jpg

Sum more stuff

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 7:38 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 7:40 PM · edited Sun, 17 March 2013 at 7:43 PM

file_492738.jpg

Someone was asking about the refine brush. Here is a detailed example of how I smoothed out some noisy shadow it all still took several hours but prolly much longer without it.  Original render

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 7:40 PM

file_492739.jpg

Brush adjust

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 7:41 PM
StevieC ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 10:10 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Haven't posted in a while....here's a render I did just for fun.....used one of Callad's spot mesh lights.....relly love your light sets Callad!

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2013 at 7:10 AM

Still testing Callad's light set.  This one has one mesh on the floor pointing up at about an 80 degree angle towards the model's face and a second one at about the 5:00 position pointing at the model at a slightly deflected angle.  It was pretty clean at about 150 passes but let it run overnight to about 650 passes.  Added a tad bit of diffuse in post.

callad ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2013 at 5:42 PM

@ StevieC and Sharkbytes:

Great job on both image you guys! :)

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 3:57 PM

OT have Daz & Rendo merged? I see big DS adverts at the top of the page..

Reggie68 ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 4:19 PM

Also see Reality2 Ads, so doubt it ;)

You get Poser ads in the Poser forum, just targeted marketing.

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 4:20 PM · edited Tue, 19 March 2013 at 4:21 PM

Quote - Also see Reality2 Ads, so doubt it ;)

You get Poser ads in the Poser forum, just targeted marketing.

Ok speaking of which when's R3 poser coming out very least we can get a sneak peek of the interface & stuff

UHF ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2013 at 10:17 AM

I just rattled this one off for one of the guys I work with;

Angel

Angel

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2013 at 1:40 PM

P3Design's Carmen in her curvier rendition.  Ported to genesis via GenX.  Swimsuit is Hongyu's Bikini with a mail(as in the armor) texture applied with high gloss gold material in Reality.  Nothing done to the character other than adding some cleavage for the swimsuit.  Lighting was an hdr sky that I found while trolling around the net.  Rendered out to about 1500 passes

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2013 at 4:26 PM

...@UHF, nice NVIATWAS pic.

...forsaken daughter is watching you.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

Reggie68 ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2013 at 5:49 PM

Penny has been quiet recently and that's because she is planning a big birthday party for her sister. A big party needs the best present ever!

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 9:44 AM

Attached Link: Full-Sized Version

file_492883.jpg

Mr G-Man goes down the docks - just don't shoot the car, it's a fresh respray!

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

john3d ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 1:06 PM

file_492894.jpg

Some great renders you've been posting recently.

I'm still working on the desk lamps, this is number 7 (Gabriel). It is still a WIP coz I want to change the shade guard, I think it would look better if the bottom ring held the shade in place.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 3:29 PM
Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 3:37 PM

Quote - Very nice John.

Looking forward to playing with it.

You have time to play, Paolo? :biggrin:

I agree, it is very nice indeed.

My DA Gallery

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 3:45 PM

Nope, no time at all.

I'm finishing Reality 3 for Poser and preparing for its first ever presentation at the PoserExpo this weekend. My life is hell but I will play with the new toys after R3 is released.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

callad ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quote - Nope, no time at all.

I'm finishing Reality 3 for Poser and preparing for its first ever presentation at the PoserExpo this weekend. My life is hell but I will play with the new toys after R3 is released.

Cheers.

I wish for you to have a great success with your presentation Paolo!

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 5:44 PM

...well the installapalooza continues to chug along. Did a test pic & render in 4.5 last night. Yikes this beast is fast as I was using IBL with the raytracing bumped up and lots of transmaps (frosted glass).  Less than 15 minutes.  I know that will change with Lux, but now I have a machine I can just let the renders cook away on (6 fans and a CPU cooler that looks as if it has an exhaust manifold from a V8 engine).

Have a tonne of shader updates to install when all is said & done (Paolo, still have to send you that screenshot, will do that tonight).

Beginning to get real excited.

Also have PP 2012 which will go on the machine next so I can play with cloth dynamics and rigging (also dovetails nicely with Marvelous Designer).  So I may just be in the market for Reality 3.

[Intel Xeon 5660 Hyperthreading 6 core CPU, 24GB GSkill Ripjaws 1333 DDR3 Tri Channel RAM, Nvidia Titan-X GPU with 12GB GDDR5 & 3072 cores, 1 x AData 240 GB SSD (boot) + 1 x 2TB HDD, EGVA 850 G5 PSU Antec P-193 with more fans than Justin Bieber.]

Amethst25 ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 7:17 AM

file_492921.jpg

This is my lastest render using Callad's newest light set soon to be released. This has one meshlight,  Gel light with a window shape applied to it.

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 7:55 AM

LOVE what you have done here Kimmers! Beautiful image!

To all:

Finished the set today, just like an hour ago. It is the hands of the testers now. If I get an 'OK' from them I will release the set. For free awf cuz.. :)

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 8:06 AM

Very nice indeed, Kim!

To the testers: you have 5 minutes ;)

My DA Gallery

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 8:32 AM

ahhh kyoto.. marvelous designer has baffled me from the start.. even with a ton of tutes to follow.  everything i try to make looks like crap

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 8:34 AM

Charley... all is well on this end.  I'm ready to post my last test render in a bit.  Can't find a thing wrong so far.  Haven't downloaded the meta data yet; but will as soon as I get a couple more cups of coffee in me.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 8:53 AM

Quote - Very nice indeed, Kim!

To the testers: you have 5 minutes ;)

HAHAHA  you have to wait for me to get off work first.  Don't worry only 9 hours to go.

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 9:22 AM · edited Fri, 22 March 2013 at 9:23 AM

Last test render of charley's lights(if you don't get them you're not one of the cool kids). My bra texture didn't come out the way I was hoping.  Part of it's a materials issue.  Should have cranked the gloss and spec up a bit; part of it is I'm not happy with the trans map I made for it.  Light used was a single spot up and behind the camera to the right and pointing at about mid-torso.  Not sure if it's me getting better or the lights or a combo of both; but, with these lights my rendering speed seems to be about double and its taking less passes to clear up.  This shouldn't be the case since they're simple mesh lights just like the stock reality light.  Maybe Paolo could check this out; but, it could be an issue of the efficiency increasing due to the aim-ability of the lights.  I haven't paid much attention to my efficiency lately.

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 9:29 AM

Quote - LOVE what you have done here Kimmers! Beautiful image!

To all:

Finished the set today, just like an hour ago. It is the hands of the testers now. If I get an 'OK' from them I will release the set. For free awf cuz.. :)

Very cool and have a fun weekend Paolo!

callad ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 10:16 AM

Wonderful girl and lighting SharkBytes! I like her bra too though irl it does not seem to be comfertable at the 'soft bits'. ;)

callad ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 10:26 AM

Just finished the promo render I will use as advertisement on sharecg. Now I used 2 GEL-CAMs, 2 Projectors and 3 curved lights on this one, each in their own light group in Luxrender.

That's 7 light groups. Still I got 45 kS/s. I have no clue where this fairly good speed comes from.

promo

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 10:36 AM · edited Fri, 22 March 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quote - Just finished the promo render I will use as advertisement on sharecg. Now I used 2 GEL-CAMs, 2 Projectors and 3 curved lights on this one, each in their own light group in Luxrender.

That's 7 light groups. Still I got 45 kS/s. I have no clue where this fairly good speed comes from.

promo

Sounds good!

Does the set include the girl as well :)

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 10:40 AM

Tsssk Anton! ~no~ the girl is not included. You will have to use your own girl ;)

john3d ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 11:19 AM

Beautiful Charley.

Reggie68 ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quote - Tsssk Anton! ~no~ the girl is not included. You will have to use your own girl ;)

NEVER lend him one of your girls...

callad ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 12:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - Tsssk Anton! ~no~ the girl is not included. You will have to use your own girl ;)

Hmm.. this made me think of a wonderful promotion campaign for Reality...

"Amongst the first 2000 buyers there will be held a lotery. The winner will have the girl in the picture install the software personally at your home address in the outfit you see in the image. Since she cannot afford a hotel you must agree on having her sleep over before she returns to her home.. If the winner should be a certain 'evil doctor' he must agree to have his hands tied behind his back during her stay."

;)

bobvan ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Tsssk Anton! ~no~ the girl is not included. You will have to use your own girl ;)

Hmm.. this made me think of a wonderful promotion campaign for Reality...

"Amongst the first 2000 buyers there will be held a lotery. The winner will have the girl in the picture install the software personally at your home address in the outfit you see in the image. Since she cannot afford a hotel you must agree on having her sleep over before she returns to her home.. If the winner should be a certain 'evil doctor' he must agree to have his hands tied behind his back during her stay."

;)

You can render that

yelocloud ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 2:22 PM

The new light / gel set looks wonderful Charley.  Thank you for giving back to all of us!

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 3:27 PM

Quote - If the winner should be a certain 'evil doctor' he must agree to have his hands tied behind his back during her stay." ;)

Who is this evil doctor I keep reading about?

My DA Gallery

kyoto_kid ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quote - ahhh kyoto.. marvelous designer has baffled me from the start.. even with a ton of tutes to follow.  everything i try to make looks like crap

...as I used to work in a theatrical costume shop I find it very intuitive compared to using a conventional modelling programme. I understand the language of seams, darts, & hems, far better than verts, welds, and tessellation.

Now that I have a system which can support cloth dynamic simulation without running out of memory, I can totally dive into it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.