Thu, Sep 19, 12:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Yet another WIP

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 8:08 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

file_493119.jpg

Found another building lurking in my imagination, not sure what it would be used for.  Three rooms, one of which is the "Throne room".  Going to be a few days yet, but so far, I'm pretty happy with how it's coming.  Opinions? Good or bad, I need to hear both.  Roof is not finished, it will be textured, foundation only has a pigment applied in the material room.  Anything white from the brick up is "default".  Other colors are only something to show me maybe what it will look like.

Clickie for bigger.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 8:21 PM · edited Thu, 28 March 2013 at 8:21 PM

I think the scale of your bricks are somewhat tiny for as small as the house looks ;) I'm looking at the door and it seems those bricks wouldn't be as big as the doorknob.

Laurie

PoppaC ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 8:47 PM

looking great to me will love to be able to use it  just make each section  like roof  walls  so they can be hidden for better camers placeings and rendering. Brick look good as well i have no problems with the size

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 9:24 PM

Brick size is no problem, a matter of changing a number in the material room.  Proportions of the bricks may be a different matter, the texture generated in PovRay, and I think the proportions may be the standard for another country.  I may be able to change the mortar width and thickness, before I give up, I'll give it a try.

Povray gives control over almost everything, all I have to do is figure out the ratio and plug that in, it can make anything from bathroom tiles to cinder blocks, or even ancient stone blocks.  Pretty math intensive and I don't have a lot of math.

It's not that small though, the foundation is 26 by 16 feet, about the same width as my house.  Just not very deep, the main room is 16 by ten (?) I think.  Outside dimensions given.  And I'm still working on the "I don't like this". 

Doric.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 3:16 PM

file_493215.jpg

Just an update, still working.  Anything showing white in this one means there's a zone there with nothing assigned. Yet.

Doric

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 11:58 PM

Hmm.  Minor problems,due to not thinking ahead while constructing.  I'm going to try to fix one more glaring error, but it's not going to come out as I had hoped.  The glaring error can be seen on the right hand side of the roof, well, I fixed that and replaced it with an "I like this even less!"  A mistake in construction, or sometime after is going to prevent assembling walls that can be hidden, a definite disadvantage, I'm aware of that.  But, sometime tomorrow I'll do the last "fixing" (screwing up royally) and try to get it on sharecg before too late.

I'm starting to like the white trim, but for anything else, a trip to the material room will change it easily enough.

Doric.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 1:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.sharecg.com/v/68448/view/11/Poser/Small-Brick-cottage#

It's up at Sharecg now.  Enjoy, maybe.

Doric

Tessalynne ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 4:40 AM

Thank you for sharing this.

amileduan ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 11:07 PM

Don't very like a 3D model,lack of some feeling of stereo.

render farm :Intel Xeon E5560 * 2, 16 cores with hyper-threading,Win7 64bit.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 12:00 AM

Quote - Don't very like a 3D model,lack of some feeling of stereo.

I think you're saying you don't like it, however, it wasn't rendered to be a work of art.  It was rendered to say, "Here be a model.  This be what it looks like.  If you like it, fine, if not, that's fine too."

Like most of my models, created because I had a need for something close to what it looks like.  No other reason, Period.

Doric.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.