Sun, Oct 6, 1:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: The Next Challenge

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 6:15 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:33 PM

Welllll, damn....kinda kew something like this would come up sooner or later...

Rapesco has chosen the theme "Spirit in the Sky"

Although Rapesco has stated his choice very appropriatly and I agree it is fine I don't think I have any Image that represents this Challenge correctly and I have  completely different view on Religion.

"I think, there's enough space for interpretation (Something religious, spiritual, sheet lightning or just an UFO). ;)
Unfortunately I've no adequate image for the announcement. Could you please help me?"

I usually do the Image for the Challenge, mostly because it's the only way I can  be in on the Challenge but ultimately it's Not about me it's about ya'll. "Spirit in the Sky"....a song by Norman Greenbaum, a very Spiritual song and it needs an Image to Represent this Challenge and I have nothing that represents Rapesco's intentions for the challege. I am not a religious person nor do I pretend to be, I am spiritual but that is between me and the Ether.

So, my thoughts are...Lets have a Mini Challenge for an Image to Represent the Challenge....what do you think?

I mean it's not like we have a Timetable that's written in stone, it's our time we can use it as we will. A week to pick an image for the Challenge, 4 or 6 weeks for the Challenge itself, give me some input.

It's up to you, I'll do whatever, throw up an image for the Challenge get everything set up and let it Roll, no skin off my nose. Just thought ya'll might want a little more say in how things go round here.

I admit this is a bit of Overcompensation on my part because I am a Non Beiever, an Atheist. I wasn't always, my Faith faltered in the Summer of 1970 and it never recovered. I however feel no need to disuade anyone from their personal beliefs and respect their rights to believe what they wish, their path is straight and normal just as mine is.

A bit of an explaination, I am an Atheist, I do not believe in God or the Bible....now before you start throwing Rocks listen....I was raised Catholic, hell I'm Irish, We had to either be Catholic or Protestant, just the way it was. There was a time when I believed, when I had Faith, that time is long gone. There is an old saing that states "there are no Atheists in a Foxhole" I beg to differ, a Foxhole is the Breeding Ground of Atheism. Anyone who has been in a Shootig War knows it's all about staying Alive, Faith in anything but yourself goes right out the window. I believed in myself and I believed in my Brothers, not in God, he had nothing to do with it. Forget Free Will, forget God moves in mysterious ways, God is always AWOL in War, how can a Benevolent God allow such things to happen, it's easy, Because he doen't exist.

(the above opinion is mine and mine alone and in no way represents that of Renderosity)

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 11:55 PM

I hear you, Len.
I am not religious either, so a spirit in the sky will be something completely different for me.

Hey, this can be fun! :-D

Corrie

kareldg ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 4:59 AM

file_493373.jpg

*Len wrote: "So, my thoughts are...Lets have a Mini Challenge for an Image to Represent the Challenge..."*

*Here is an idea of me.
Made with an old version of Apophysis.

kareldg ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 5:05 AM

file_493374.jpg

And another one. I have made plenty of this kind of Apo's made in the past.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 8:37 AM

Oh, the bottom one is gorgeous, Karel!

Corrie

spiegel428 ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 9:20 AM

I imagine that the Atheist version of Spirit in the Sky would be an image with lots of negative space. ;-)

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 11:29 AM

file_493386.jpg

Oh yeah, now that's what I'm talking about Karel, that second one screams Spirit in the Sky.

@ spiegel428, no not necessarily true, I believe in an ever after, I believe we have an essence, a soul for the lack of a better term, that is indestructable. When we have used up the vessel we inhabit on this plane of existance the we move on, not Heaven, not Hell...just somewhere else again. My vision of the journey is more something like this

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 11:35 AM

Oh, WOW, Len.
Beautiful!

Corrie

Lenord ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 3:36 PM

Thank you Corrie, an old one

I've learned it is better to not be led by a Sheppard but to be the Wolf outside the Flock and led by his own beliefs.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 11:23 PM

I am totally with you, Len. :-)

Corrie

dochtersions ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 2:59 AM

Hi there :)

I'm not going to discuss personal views related to faith. I just respect everyone's feelings about that, and thank you for sharing yours, Len.

But, what I want to ask: ' is it the intention we put here examples-images for the new challenge, Len'?

I would have several, but I like the second of Karel; so maybe no excamples are needed anymore. (?)

I like the speed which is in the light in your image, Len. Very lively it is.

Greetings, Mies.

Badsue ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2013 at 12:36 PM

I completely agree to your opinion Len, but it's all up to everybody him-/herself. I find Karel's 2nd image well worth to be taken as the challenge image, it's beautiful and represents a spirit in the sky very well. I agree to Mies here - why not make it short and take it?

I fear it will be a hard thing for me too to find anything matching this theme though...so this is a real challenge indeed! ;)

spiegel428 ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 7:04 PM · edited Wed, 10 April 2013 at 7:05 PM

FWIW, I agree with using Karel's 2nd. I don't think I have anything suitable so anything I do will be saved for the contest itself.

This talk about interpretations made me think that it'd be nice to have a featurethread where we could post fractals from the galleries that follow a certain theme. Once or twice it's happened that someone posts an image with the same title I was going to use and it's of course a completely different image. :) We could even make a game of it - find 10 images that fit and then change the theme.

Edit: Is it just on my screen that there's a big empty space before the text of every post??

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 2:53 PM

Sorry for not being around for a few days, had a Major Spring Storm blow through and try to move everything to another State. Just got my Internet connection back a couple hours ago.

OK....so I'll use Karel's second image, Put the Challenge text on it and get the Challenge up ASAP.

@ Spiegel, It's amazing how often that happens, seems sometimes many of our Muse's are traveling in the same direction at the same time. I have no problems with a Forum Thread for this Phenomenon, could be very interesting. Let me get caught up from my forced layoff and get the Challenge going then look at getting a thread started for your Idea.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.