Fri, Sep 20, 2:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Saving a dial customised figure to Poser 8 Library

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 8:41 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:02 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_494150.jpg

OK - so I have been searching the forums for 2 hours to try and find a solution, but to no avail.

I have rediscovered an old PZ3 file titled 'Carmel', after a figure I created many moons ago. It has been a while and I had to start from scratch, reinstalling POser and all my content, etc.

I couldn't find anything else for this character except an old PZ3, as I said.

Having tweaked it around a bit, adding tskin textures and morphs++, I want to add it to the library, but there is no '+' button to do it with - what am I doing wrong?

It is drivng me crazy!

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 10:02 PM

Go to the folder above empty to Carmel, does the plus sign appear then? If so, click it and you are "good to go!" 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 8:22 AM

Yea you need to save it some folder. Either just in Characters (which will in time make a messed up folder look L) or just as DarkEdge daid, click the Carmel folder and save it there :)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quote - Yea you need to save it some folder. Either just in Characters (which will in time make a messed up folder look L) or just as DarkEdge daid, click the Carmel folder and save it there :)

OK, thanks - I'll go try it now.

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 12:52 PM

Quote - Go to the folder above empty to Carmel, does the plus sign appear then? If so, click it and you are "good to go!" 😄

No - its not appearing.

I wonder if its because of the way I loaded it up - it was just a pz3 file, and when it loaded, it was grey, no skin textures, and some of the component parts of the original model missing (pubic har, actual hai, etc...) due to the fact that I haven't yet installed everything on this new PC.

I onl really need the head morphs saving, then I can just rebuild the rest of Carmel on a new V4.2 (I guess I am wondering if there is some essential part of Carmel missing which is preventing my saving her). Is there a way I can just save the head? I used to know all this, but it seems poser is a quick skill-drop thing, and I have been away for the best part of two years.

Thanks for your help, guys

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 1:42 PM

file export, wavefront object, single frame, uncheck universe, check v4 head, uncheck all options except as morph target, save as carmel head .obj.

Open new v4, select head body part, click properties tab, load morph target, carmel head, under morphs for head body part dial carmel head to 1. Depending on if the original head morph had corresponding eye and neck morphs results may vary.

Another option, save head as pose with morphs option. Load fresh v4 with whatever morph package that you used to create carmel, apply pose to head.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 1:59 PM

...You can also use the second method to save all of the characters morphs, not just the head (check all body parts that you want dialed corresponding in the select subset option). The pose will dial in all the morph values from the original character if said morphs were created solely via dial spinning and those dials are present in the fresh v4.

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 4:35 AM

Quote - ...You can also use the second method to save all of the characters morphs, not just the head (check all body parts that you want dialed corresponding in the select subset option). The pose will dial in all the morph values from the original character if said morphs were created solely via dial spinning and those dials are present in the fresh v4.

Thanks so much - Awesome desriptive skills!

Ill go try it!

:)

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 4:43 AM

Quote - Another option, save head as posemorph package that you used to create carmel, apply pose to head.

Could you just talk me through how to do that, step-by-step?

(Just to be sure I am doing it right)

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 7:36 AM

I think it might be grayed out because your custom figure can't find the morphs you used to create it. You'll have to link those up first I would think.

Laurie

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:19 AM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:19 AM

file_494237.jpg

ummm, ok. So load your custom character. In this case it's a character I created with a blend of Morphs ++ and some morph targets made externally (Zbrush2 and Wings3D 0.99.53). I zero the figure in the joint editor and disable inverse kinematics whenever doing any kind of loading of morphs or saving to the library. (excuse the quality of the screen caps, I'm pretty tired right now.)

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:24 AM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:34 AM

file_494240.jpg

If you are going to zero the figure, open the joint editor (window/joint editor) and click zero rotations. I usually zero from the body or the hip, although I don't think it specifically matters... To disable inverse kinematics, go to figure/inverse kinematics and uncheck the left and right legs. Always disable this before any morph loading.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:33 AM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:34 AM

file_494242.jpg

ok, now your figure is zeroed. To save the morphs that comprise your character go to Pose in the library and with the figure selected click the + sign at the bottom. Name the Pose (Carmel for instance), click the select subset button... This will bring up a hierarchy of body parts to include in the pose. At this point everything will be basically selected in the universe so click the little universe box and all selections will be cleared. You should end up with no x's in the boxes.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:39 AM · edited Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:40 AM

file_494243.jpg

Click the box titled Victoria4 and all of her body parts, deformers, morphs and what-have-you will be selected...

(if you can't see my screens clearly clicking them will open them larger)

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:47 AM

file_494244.jpg

click ok. You'll get a pop-up asking you to select any additional blah-blah with the pose. just click the morph channels category.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:49 AM

file_494245.jpg

...save the pose to the library.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 2:54 AM

file_494246.jpg

open a new poser scene, load v4, zero v4, disable inverse kinematics, load whatever morphs you used to create your original character into the default v4...

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 3:01 AM

file_494247.jpg

with v4 selected (I always have body selected, although it probably doesn't matter) apply your saved pose... and, there is your character. The pose will spin all appropriate dials (including those from applied morph targets) to the saved values *IF* those morphs are present in the current figure. Hope that helps. :)

perpetuavelouria ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 7:47 AM

Thanks thats great - got it to work now!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.