Sun, Oct 6, 5:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: CHECK THIS OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 11:50 AM

I think it would be best if they sent me a free copy to test, anyway.  ;-) 

(...since I am about $239 short of the $239.99 sidegrade from P9)

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 12:08 PM · edited Thu, 09 May 2013 at 12:09 PM

Quote - It does say under the system requirements that a "recent NVIDIA GeForce and ATI Radeon required for advanced real-time preview features". So, yes, you will need a modern graphics card for these features (raytraced preview and real-time physics I assume). I have a GTX 670, so I should be fine.

Raytraced preview is 100% CPU. It's running on a combination of FireFly's shader engine and a highly optimized CPU ray tracing core. The same ray tracing core is of course also used for regular renders.

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 12:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - It does say under the system requirements that a "recent NVIDIA GeForce and ATI Radeon required for advanced real-time preview features". So, yes, you will need a modern graphics card for these features (raytraced preview and real-time physics I assume). I have a GTX 670, so I should be fine.

Raytraced preview is 100% CPU. It's running on a combination of FireFly's shader engine and a highly optimized CPU ray tracing core. The same ray tracing core is of course also used for regular renders.

Ah, good to know. Thanks. So the above statement only refers to the OpenGL requirements?

TD

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 12:35 PM

Correct. The raytraced preview of course benefits from many fast CPU cores.

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 12:47 PM · edited Thu, 09 May 2013 at 12:48 PM

Quote - Correct. The raytraced preview of course benefits from many fast CPU cores.

Excellent. I should be OK with my 6-core i3930K.

Thank you very much for the clarification. I appreciate it.

TD

Cheers ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:48 PM

I have found all live previews (with auto update checked), without exception, can slow things down to an annoying level. Things will freeze as it tries to update. I'm not saying they are not handy, because they are a nice tool to have...but I have always found myself unchecking any auto-update or giving it the lowest priority level. Please tell me this feature has user definable levels of priority???

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 1:56 PM

Stewer should answer the question about priority for the raytraced preview. But in any case you can set the RT preview in the window itself to auto or manual refresh.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 2:40 PM

Has the bug been fixed in Pro 2012 where the external library position isn't saved if the Library window is on a second monitor on the left side of the main monitor? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quote - > Quote - I'm very curious about the new realistic characters. Alyson 2, regardless of her looks was exceptional in bending and BH took her to the next level. How do these new characters compare I wonder.

Well Darrell, the man who modeled and rigged Alyson 1 and Alyson 2 rigged Roxie. He also retopologised her based on my sculpts with Poser in mind. So far, everyone who has used her says she's among the best we've done to date. 

Awesome! Now, I just need a job so I don't lose my car this month and then I'll eventually be able to afford this.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 3:14 PM

Quote - Awesome! Now, I just need a job so I don't lose my car this month and then I'll eventually be able to afford this.

You should always have a resume posted and a link in your sig, if your job shopping, just in case hiring managers are watching.  ;-)

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:24 PM

Very true about auto-preview slowing things down. It does with the Vue preview.

I'd just use it as a sort of test renderer for when it is needed, and disable it as auto.

moogal ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:24 PM

It's my birthday at midnight, and I'm just giddy about this late present...

It does suck to buy a program right before a new release, but I was planning to either buy Shade 13 on sale for $375 or raid my savings for Modo!

Now I can just wait for a version of the program I like that can finally do all of the things I have always wished it could.  PP2014 is going to be a hard act to follow!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 12:49 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 12:49 AM

Quote - It's my birthday at midnight, and I'm just giddy about this late present...

It does suck to buy a program right before a new release, but I was planning to either buy Shade 13 on sale for $375 or raid my savings for Modo!

Now I can just wait for a version of the program I like that can finally do all of the things I have always wished it could.  PP2014 is going to be a hard act to follow!

Is Shades Rigs ,Dynamic hair,cloth any good ?
Shade have a GoZ ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 1:39 AM

Quote - > Quote - Awesome! Now, I just need a job so I don't lose my car this month and then I'll eventually be able to afford this.

You should always have a resume posted and a link in your sig, if your job shopping, just in case hiring managers are watching.  ;-)

That's a good idea!

I'm just not sure if linking to linkedin would be against ToS. My last link to deviantart asking for critiques was deleted, so I'm a bit wary about posting outside links here.

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 9:31 AM

Attached Link: Thread Priorities are Evil

> Quote - I have found all live previews (with auto update checked), without exception, can slow things down to an annoying level. Things will freeze as it tries to update. I'm not saying they are not handy, because they are a nice tool to have...but I have always found myself unchecking any auto-update or giving it the lowest priority level. Please tell me this feature has user definable levels of priority???

There are no priority selections at this point, since unfortunately thread prioirities do not behave the way we would like them to behave. For the technical details, see the link, or if you just want the money quote: "Set up your threads at normal priority and let the operating system deal with scheduling them. No matter how brilliant a programmer you may be, I can practically guarantee you won't be able to outsmart the programmers who wrote the scheduler in your operating system."

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 9:49 AM

Unfortunately, having no full time employment at the moment, this sucks for me. But I am curious about the fitting room.  I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone (either and SM employee or an ambassador) can answer.

1. Do we need and have development rigs for ALL the figures, including the new ones, REX and ROXIE?

2. I have the darnedest time rigging dresses for conforming. Does the new version address this issue at all? Could someone post a dress conformed in this way to a figure?

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 9:58 AM

Quote - That's a good idea!

I'm just not sure if linking to linkedin would be against ToS. My last link to deviantart asking for critiques was deleted, so I'm a bit wary about posting outside links here.

There are plenty of personal websites in sig's, twitter accounts, etc.

I would think that an About.me or Flavors.me link would not be a problem...though I dont think I remember the TOS.

...anyway...drifting OT here...sorry

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:07 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:10 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_494313.JPG

But we still can completely disable the raytraced preview, can we ?

It isn't an "all or nothing" feature tied to the rest of the preview settings ?

I've spent a lot of time optimizing my lights and skin shaders to perfectly work with the OpenGL hardware shading preview, so my need for an additional raytraced preview showing me what's going on in my render is pretty much nil right now.

(See demo pic: Full SSS render on the left, OpenGL on the right)

If "Enhance multilayer transparency" wouldn't massively slow down my OpenGL preview, I might actually stop rendering at all. Lol.

But seriously, basically the only things useful for me among the new PP-2014 features will be the Firefly speed improvements, but if they come at the cost of slowing my OpenGL preview down, even those would be useless.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:11 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:13 AM

Quote - But we still can completely disable the raytraced preview, can we ?

It's a separate window that you open or close with a Window command when you want to use it. Once open, you can either have it refresh automatically, or whenever you click a button to refresh it.

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:15 AM

Quote - But we still can completely disable the raytraced preview, can we ?

If you don't open it, it will not do anything.

Quote - But seriously, basically the only things useful for me among the new PP-2014 features will be the Firefly speed improvements, but if they come at the cost of slowing my OpenGL preview down, even those would be useless.

The ray traced preview is independent of the OpenGL preview. It's in a separate window and runs in a separate thread.

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:18 AM

Thank you, that's good to hear.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:24 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:25 AM

file_494315.png

I'm out.  I copied/pasted together a spreasheet of  everything new, versus P2012 (I only have P9), and for me it came down to a list of 8 features that would cost me $240 on sidegrade.  None of them are a must-have, so I am going to wait for 2012 price to drop like a rock after the 2014 release, and grab my GC and render speed 64-bit improvements.

Now if they still have the 60% off Memorial Day coupon...well, then I'm back in!  :biggrin:

Have fun with it!  :tongue1:

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:39 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:42 AM

file_494316.jpg

If somebody wants to know how layered clothing will do in the fitting room.

load pants

load pullover => pullover goes over pants. => 2 layers.

load jacket => jacket goes over pullover and pants = 3 layers at some places.

Export the lot as a single object. Now that is gonna be a problem right???
2 ( two ) yes, one plus one minute later.

Fitted, rigged morphs transferred, and conformed.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:39 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 10:41 AM

file_494317.jpg

And the lot poses pretty well too :-)

i found 3 different ways to do this and all work equally well.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:29 AM

Still doesn't answer my question about dresses though. V4 has a lot of them if I want to do any converting.

I remember way back when i started that wishlist thread on RDNA that I wanted something like this (like Shrinkwrap or Autofit) and it looks like they granted my wish. That's all well and good, but I'd like to see what happens if you try to fit a conforming skirt to another figure.

Can someone please make this happen? Pretty please?

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:35 AM

Dresses good one, love to see that as well since those always give problems.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:55 AM · edited Fri, 10 May 2013 at 12:02 PM

Can somebody show me a fitting room example of some complicated items like armor. I want to see what this new fitting room can do..and without any brushing or tweaks. I am interested in upgrading but only if it works like I hope it does.

My Renderosity Store

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 12:04 PM

Yes, good idea.... armor and dress would be great!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

ghostship2 ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 12:50 PM

does anybody know if Reality will work with this new version?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 2:44 PM

Quote - does anybody know if Reality will work with this new version?

o.0...I bought that also......didnt even think about that working with pp2014.

.<!!

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 2:51 PM

Quote - There appears to be only one new human figure, Rex, and he doesn't look pleased at all.

Probably on the minimum wage with no health benefits.

Lol. There's Rex and Roxie. Hopefully you guys will find them easier on the eyes than some of our previous figures. 

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quote - does anybody know if Reality will work with this new version?

Yes, both reality and the octane plugin work in PP2014

moogal ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 5:19 PM

Quote -  

Is Shades Rigs ,Dynamic hair,cloth any good ?
Shade have a GoZ ?

It's hard to say, most of the users are in Japan.  But it does host Poser scenes, and the renderer looks nice.  Not sure how it will work with PP2014, as it doesn't have bullet integrated.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 8:22 PM

is it the 21st yet?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 8:30 PM

Quote - is it the 21st yet?

nope....but I cant wait. I have almost all of the cost in my paypal and just CANT WAIIIIIIIIIIT!!!>.<

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:26 PM

file_494325.png

> Quote - > Quote - There appears to be only one new human figure, Rex, and he doesn't look pleased at all. > > > > Probably on the minimum wage with no health benefits. > > > >   > >   > > Lol. There's Rex and Roxie. Hopefully you guys will find them easier on the eyes than some of our previous figures. 

I think Roxie's a cutie!

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:31 PM

file_494326.png

Face closeup

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:33 PM

Eleven more days.

Then I get to wait for the physical copy to be delivered.

Doric

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:56 PM

Is Roxie n Rex the same mesh ?

What's there polycount ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 10 May 2013 at 11:59 PM

I tried for some time to get Jesse to look like the Poser 6 box, but yes, it can be done, and I can work with her.

I suppose I'll try for just as long to get Roxy to look like the Poser ten illustration, but, I do like that face.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 12:32 AM

Quote - I think Roxie's a cutie!

Yes :)

She looks versatile too ;)

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 12:35 AM

Do Rex and Roxie have faceroom support?

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 1:02 AM · edited Sat, 11 May 2013 at 1:02 AM

(RorrKonn) 

Quote -   Is Roxie n Rex the same mesh ? What's there polycount ? 

Rex:  19,114 polys

Roxie:  19,898 polys

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 4:12 AM · edited Sat, 11 May 2013 at 4:13 AM

I've got to admit, that I'm not to sure about the new version yet. Even tho it all reads and shows so very good, so far.

But (yup, as there always is one =) ) what's about the cloth room, for example?

I use dynamic cloths almost exclusively now, for my renders/work/ ermm "art" (LOL). I think the cloth room is such an amazing feature/tool already in Poser and still has so much more potential.

Are there any improvements/changes to the cloth room of PP2014 / P10?

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 8:23 AM · edited Sat, 11 May 2013 at 8:24 AM

Quote - > Quote - I think Roxie's a cutie!

Yes :)

She looks versatile too ;)

She actually is, she's quite morphable!

A thought just came to my mind. You remember how popular Posette was. Roxie and Rex have the potential to become Posette 2014 and Dork 2014 (although ... poor Rex ... can we just keep him at Rex 2014, because he's not dorky! LOL)

Anyway, they're very nice, and very versatile. The team did a good job on them. I can't wait to see what the community does with them once they get out there.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 8:51 AM

please, i'm not going to need anything from adobe?  or IE updates?   :scared:

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

estherau ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 8:51 AM · edited Sat, 11 May 2013 at 8:52 AM

hey

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

willyb53 ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 8:55 AM

Are there any poses supplied to make the M4-Rexx and V4-Roxie fittings easy.

i.e. load Rexx, load M4 shirt, apply m4-rexxshirt.pz2 (which scales,rotates etc the shirt) and then do fitting room?

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 9:19 AM · edited Sat, 11 May 2013 at 9:26 AM

Quote - Is Roxie n Rex the same mesh ?

What's there polycount ?

They are almost the same mesh - there were some obvious changes needed to be made to Roxie because she's a lady and needed detailed lady parts. And I do mean DETAILED.

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 11 May 2013 at 9:22 AM

Quote - Do Rex and Roxie have faceroom support?

Yes. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.