Sun, Sep 22, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 8:29 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:57 AM

I'd LIKE this on Facebook, but since I don't and never will do Facebook, I can't. Sorry.

modus0 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:58 AM

I don't know if this has been asked, but how does she look with a smile? Either a good, "ear-to-ear" teeth baring grin, or a smug "I know something you don't" one.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Wodokan ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:11 AM

Yes, a few facial expressions would give some great hints on how good the figure is at this point :-)

CaptainMARC ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:25 AM

A useful and simple merchant resource would be a skullcap so that some funky dynamic hair could be made and redistributed.

velvetsanity ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:34 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:39 AM

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the "4 download attempt limit".  I'd much prefer to see a "Download Library" setup like Daz is using now.

After all, if the connection hiccups or something, that's a wasted download.  And what if a hard drive crashes and you're forced to rebuild your runtime from scratch? That would be very discouraging, to find you have to purchase everything all over again:

"crap, the connection barfed!" wasted download

ack!  someone tripped a breaker! wasted download

grr!  someone unplugged the router! wasted download

successful download

ack!  a hard drive just conked out!  now I have to redownload everything all over again "no more downloads available" cries

This might be a little extreme, perhaps, but I hope my point is made.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:37 AM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:38 AM

I'm assuming that the 4 tries rules, would have a reset option.

If you finish a download, you just store it for future use.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:58 AM

I'm for either, a product library with unlimited downloads, or the 4 download limit with reset option. Either is fine with me if the reset is done within 30 minutes or less of request.

Reason being is that I'm on a dial up account and somedays a sneeze interrupts my downloads, not to mention attempts to do other things on the net at the same time like... surf simple web pages, not so simple web pages like Renderosity here or other 3D merchants I visit frequently can interrupt a GOOD download day.

Sunfire's Creations

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:16 AM

A little note for HiveWire3D Team, especially for those on dial up, can you make sure that certain things are not massive one part zips.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:31 AM

Yay, PhilC's following - thanks for informing him, Richard!

Steve said:

*Quote -*There was a question about some store policies, here you go:

Store policies: We will be accepting all major credit cards as well as Paypal starting day one, yes. We will issue refunds as in-store credit for any issues that arise in customer support. And yes, we'll honor pricing for a 30 day period, if things go on sale, etc.

Yay :) Good news!

velvetsanity said:

Quote - I have to say, I'm not a fan of the "4 download attempt limit".  I'd much prefer to see a "Download Library" setup like Daz is using now.

After all, if the connection hiccups or something, that's a wasted download.  And what if a hard drive crashes and you're forced to rebuild your runtime from scratch? That would be very discouraging, to find you have to purchase everything all over again:

I can't imagine it's LIMITED to four downloads - the older Daz system simply required a reset request after a certain number.  That would work, if as mentioned it doesn't take long to get the reset, though I like Daz's new system as t's nice to not have to make a request for a new download. 

I'm sure that someone will answer that for us.  Have I said recently:

THANK YOU FOR COMMUNICATING WITH THE USER BASE!!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:43 AM

Okay, heading up to 11.00 am Utah time, so they should have had a coffie and some breakfast by now.

Waiting for more info!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hi Alisa, just keeping Phil in the loop!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 12:04 PM

Quote - A little note for HiveWire3D Team, especially for those on dial up, can you make sure that certain things are not massive one part zips.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Yes yes yes! No massive huge zip files. Anything over 100 meg is just... way too huge for dial up, in most cases a 50 meg download is too much for many dial up users.

(I don't believe what a certain place says about their program needing everything in one huge file. If your file structure is the same and everything is in it's right place when it unzips then the program isn't going to know or care. Unless they refer to that install manager... which I don't use.)

Sunfire's Creations

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 12:07 PM

I remember when I was on dial up, so I understand about files being in X amount of parts.

Now..... Where is Netheworks and can we pursuade him to give a few hints about those new tools he mentioned??????

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quote - I remember when I was on dial up, so I understand about files being in X amount of parts.

Now..... Where is Netheworks and can we pursuade him to give a few hints about those new tools he mentioned??????

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

I'm gonna bug Joe about it, see what he has to say xD

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

WildDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 12:15 PM

Finally got through 31 pages! Been busy modeling, and haven't had a chance to readup. I must say this is all so exciting, and I am really looking forward to modeling conent for Dawn.

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 12:43 PM

Quote - Finally got through 31 pages! Been busy modeling, and haven't had a chance to readup. I must say this is all so exciting, and I am really looking forward to modeling conent for Dawn.

That's good news.  :-)  I've seen your designs -- they are nice!

The Dawn Team has resurrected a sense of harmony that I thought was lost forever.  It reminds me of the good ol' days.  That's something I wish I could "like" on FB.  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

LadyRaine ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:06 PM

LOL 31 pages and only minor disagreements about genitals when has that happened last in a ds/poser combined thread

speaking of which are nipples and areola textures allowed on hw3d?

vagabondallen ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:13 PM

Wow! Wow! Wowwee! Wow-wow! I can't even begin to try to attempt to catch up with all of this, but I can't wait to get my copy and start playing. It might be enough to drag me back into the content creation game. Has anyone asked if we'll be able to broker at Hivewire, or will we have to post new content on other sites? Will they have a published artist setup of some sort?

willyb53 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:16 PM

Well, I am still concerned about the PMD thing.  There is apparently no final version of inject PMD for DS4+.  I 'think' that this will prevent DS4 users from getting some items from Poser only freebie makers.  (I know, I am not usually concerned about DS users, but ....)

Yes, I know how to create a PMD morph, the issue is additional support for DS users.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:25 PM

Quote - Has anyone asked if we'll be able to broker at Hivewire, or will we have to post new content on other sites? Will they have a published artist setup of some sort?

AFAIK, we will, but they do not allow adult content, not even genital details. Their site is supposed to be open to all ages.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quote - I'm assuming that the 4 tries rules, would have a reset option.

If you finish a download, you just store it for future use.

The reset option would be a good idea. Almost all sites allow for perpetual storage of your purchases.

"Storing a finished download" - if you have a HD crash, this won't help you unless you have a backup somewhere.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:32 PM

Yep, I have a backup drive for all my content.

Not sure about nipple textures???

Perhaps someone from HiveWire3D will arrive and give details.

12.30.pm in Utah, so they must be in.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

RFreise ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quote - "Storing a finished download" - if you have a HD crash, this won't help you unless you have a backup somewhere.

-AniMajik

Burn to CD/DVD or whatever and put in safety deposit box

I had my backups on DVD's but they were all in my apartment and when it burnt they went up in smoke

docatlas ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:36 PM

Quote - For a male ounter part, names meaning night;

Balin, Cavelier, Cricket, Dusk, Faris, Isra, Kishi, Kitkun, Nox, Otieno,Rider, Ryder, Squire

Names meaning Morning or Day

Abeeku, Addae, Awendale, Dayshaun, Duha, IIAn, Kodjo, Kofi, Kojo, Kwabena, Kwame, Kwasi, Nodin, Noel, Noelle, Povitamum, Taariq, Wabanang, Xiao Chen

this is according to babynames.com

How about Morgan. German for 'morning'. Pretty close in the day to Dawn.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:40 PM

Quote - Has anyone asked if we'll be able to broker at Hivewire, or will we have to post new content on other sites? Will they have a published artist setup of some sort?

Yes, they will.  They are calling them CAs instead of PAs - "Contributing Artists."

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - For a male ounter part, names meaning night;

Balin, Cavelier, Cricket, Dusk, Faris, Isra, Kishi, Kitkun, Nox, Otieno,Rider, Ryder, Squire

Names meaning Morning or Day

Abeeku, Addae, Awendale, Dayshaun, Duha, IIAn, Kodjo, Kofi, Kojo, Kwabena, Kwame, Kwasi, Nodin, Noel, Noelle, Povitamum, Taariq, Wabanang, Xiao Chen

this is according to babynames.com

How about Morgan. German for 'morning'. Pretty close in the day to Dawn.

Guten morgan!  hehe. 

I'm partial to Dusk, but Morgan would be my second choice.  Think we're thinking very far ahead, though. 

ryverthorn ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quote - I'm partial to Dusk, but Morgan would be my second choice.  Think we're thinking very far ahead, though. 

I really really like the name Dusk.... just sayin' :)

fabiana ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 1:54 PM

OK, I am IN, for sure, no doubt.

I will adapt hairs, and create jewelry, and will do training on my daughter to get used to her since the very start of my lovely pupil :)

As soon as she is out, I will see what can I do with her WM body and the ways to dress her nicely.

Laurie and Sarsa and Aproctor: thank you gals!

Fabi @FKDesign

One in some place under Southern Stars...
Don't tell me that I am wrong if I say I saw pointed ears this morning, in my mirror... they are there.

Zaarin ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 2:16 PM

Dawn looks really nice. I hope her morphs are really versatile--if so, I'll probably do some ethnic morphs for her like the ones I've done for M4/V4. :)

Also really excited that kids are planned, but may I make a request? **When you make the kids, could you kindly...well, make them look like kids? Unlike Matt, Maddie, or K4. ;) I swear, I have never seen a kid that has proportions anything like DAZ's kids...**Speaking of proportions, how big is Dawn compared to V4/M4? Will I finally not have to use scaling to have a not-giant figure? ;)

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 2:19 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 2:22 PM

Quote - > Quote - "Storing a finished download" - if you have a HD crash, this won't help you unless you have a backup somewhere.

-AniMajik

Burn to CD/DVD or whatever and put in safety deposit box

I had my backups on DVD's but they were all in my apartment and when it burnt they went up in smoke

I always have redundant backup myself, (multiple HDs and DVDs - in fact I now rarely use DVDs anymore  but use external SATA drives for offline BUs)

I was referring to the situation some may have if this event does happern and they don't have the download backed up.  The point being that a perpetual storage on the site where you purchased it, is a good idea. Almost all sites do this, including Renderosity, so was only reiterating the fact since that question was brought up.

I agree, that there is no excuse for NOT having a backup and you're playing with fire if you trust to hardware! It will fail eventually.

-AniMajik

kerwin ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 2:44 PM

Uncle LROG:  I will probably be doing some creature morphs (freebies.)   Need to see the mesh in PP2014 and Zbrush first....

-K

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 2:52 PM

Quote - OK, I am IN, for sure, no doubt.

I will adapt hairs, and create jewelry, and will do training on my daughter to get used to her since the very start of my lovely pupil :)

As soon as she is out, I will see what can I do with her WM body and the ways to dress her nicely.

Laurie and Sarsa and Aproctor: thank you gals!

Your stuff is so very lovely and I've often been tempted but as a DS user I have always been under the impression that it won't work in DS, will you be able to make DS compatable stuff for Dawn - please.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:15 PM

Thanks kerwin, added to the list.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:17 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:28 PM

file_495522.png

So here is a couple out of the box head shots of Dawn in Poser and DAZ Studio.

This is loading Dawn, applying the sss Mats and using IBL AO lights in Poser and Uber Environment with Simply Lit IBL In DS. 

So Base Hair no Make-up option Base expression. Poser

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:18 PM

file_495523.png

And DAZ Studio

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:18 PM

I agree, that there is no excuse for NOT having a backup and you're playing with fire if you trust to hardware! It will fail eventually. -AniMajik

This should be in my signature. :)

I played with fire last year and lost everything in November.  It has taken me months to get back on track and I am still recovering my own work.  The relatively short amount of time I could have spend on backing it up (and I am still a fan of doing it manually and logically) would have saved me MUCH pain.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:21 PM

Oh Netherworks, any info to tease us with about those new tools you mentioned you were working on!!!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thank you for the DS render, are they SSS mats?

She really does have a very pretty face.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thank you etujedi, looking good in both Poser and Studio!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:28 PM

Someone please feed the site hamster!!!! Slowing down again..........

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:37 PM

Quote - EtuJedi:  And DAZ Studio

She looks fantastic in Daz Studio (my choice of apps) and Poser too!

Thank you for taking the time to render in both!

-AniMajik

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:40 PM

Quote - Thank you for the DS render, are they SSS mats?

She really does have a very pretty face.

we are still working on SSS shaders for studio so that is base.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:45 PM

Will the Dawn base release have a light set?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:47 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:49 PM

Quote - I agree, that there is no excuse for NOT having a backup and you're playing with fire if you trust to hardware! It will fail eventually. -AniMajik

Netherworks wrote:

This should be in my signature. :)

I played with fire last year and lost everything in November.  It has taken me months to get back on track and I am still recovering my own work.  The relatively short amount of time I could have spend on backing it up (and I am still a fan of doing it manually and logically) would have saved me MUCH pain.

I have felt your pain myself a few years ago when my client drive took a dive - while I did have the majority of it backed up, it was a pain to recover from that crash!   I just keep SATA drive backup offline and plug them in to my Firewire to SATA adapter when I need something!

If you do the cost of mutiple DVDS (not to mention the time to burn them all!) it becomes more cost effective (and faster) to use an external SATA or USB drive. for back up.  As an editor and mograph guy, I burn thru Gigabytes like no tomorrow :) My large runtimes are a pittaces of what I use in editing, so not having a backup would put me out of business!

-AniMajik

WildDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quote - > Quote - Finally got through 31 pages! Been busy modeling, and haven't had a chance to readup. I must say this is all so exciting, and I am really looking forward to modeling conent for Dawn.

That's good news.  :-)  I've seen your designs -- they are nice!

Thank you. Now, if I could learn to spell  . . . . :D

WildDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:00 PM

Oh, I love her right out of the box!

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:01 PM

Personal note to Netherworks:

I love and use your SDCats to this day!!

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:02 PM

Someone who knows poser could surely make a better render then that preview render.

I'm for one does really looking forward to Dawn so please don't take this the wrong way. But it would be nice to se a render with a better quality.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:07 PM

Quote - Someone who knows poser could surely make a better render then that preview render.

I'm for one does really looking forward to Dawn so please don't take this the wrong way. But it would be nice to se a render with a better quality.

They don't even have the shaders done yet, give them time!

I'm grateful for the advanced images they are showing now.

-AniMajik

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:16 PM

Quote - > Quote - Someone who knows poser could surely make a better render then that preview render.

They don't even have the shaders done yet, give them time!

I'm grateful for the advanced images they are showing now.

-AniMajik

If you know poser you can get better renders then that even at this state. I know I can.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.