Fri, Sep 20, 12:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:31 AM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:32 AM

I think her breasts look fine as they are. o.O

Laurie

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:33 AM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:36 AM

In your opinion vilters, not everyone elses you can model and suport your own of cource.

Kerya ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:42 AM

Please - I hope the kink at the side on the upper body doesn't get buried under breasts ...

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:44 AM

Will be a bunch of ppl looking at it Kerya..I wouldn't worry ;).

Laurie

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:45 AM

I agree with Kerya

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:51 AM
Online Now!

Quote - > Quote - Also, the transmaps on her hair aren't right.  If it's a Poser render, see this thread on how to fix that "ghost hair" look.

It might be a DS render. Then again, it might be a Poser render and he forgot to change the gamma of the transmap to 1.00 (assuming he was using PP12 or PP14/P10) ;).

I'm guessing it's a Poser render. The DS renders posted earlier showed the hair much, much thicker than it appears in the Poser renders.

Not surprising, given the background of Hivewire's founders, but it looks to me like they are much more familiar with DAZ Studio shaders than Poser.  Get some Poser shader experts on board!  (Bagginsbill?) 

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:55 AM

Not to pick a fight vilters, but depending on muscle beneath the breast, genetics, and body type, as well as age and weight, determines breast placement. It is NOT always in the same place so we may have different perspective on what position the breast is in when the arms are down. Looking at myself in the mirror though, the position is the same Dawn's.  And I WISH mine were perkier! ;)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:55 AM

Don't need to be a shader expert to set the gamma on the alpha maps to 1.00 ;).

As for the shaders on the skin, well...we have EZSkin. Even BB will tell ya to just use that. LOL.

Laurie

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 8:57 AM

I have a concern about the toes being rigged. Great, fine, looking forward to it. but can the Dev Rig toes NOT be rigged? Assuming there will be a dev rig at all. Making shoes for the Poser figures are already a nightmare with their indiviual toe bones, especially in the Setuo Room.

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quote - I have a concern about the toes being rigged. Great, fine, looking forward to it. but can the Dev Rig toes NOT be rigged? Assuming there will be a dev rig at all. Making shoes for the Poser figures are already a nightmare with their indiviual toe bones, especially in the Setuo Room.

They said(I think) they have a bone that bends all toes and they can move individually as well.  If you are rigging for shoes I'd suspect you'd ignore the indidvidual toe bones and rig for the 'all toes' bone

krsears ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:02 AM

Quote - > Quote - Oh great I love these details :)

Er, I've made a skull cap but I'm not the one doing the hair conversions... I'm making new hair ^^;

As well as some other shiny things. :)

I'm presuming that you are doing presets for LAMH.

I hope they get the update sorted for the Player, at the moment it has some bugs that make it crash on alot of machines.

A LAMH Player update has been sent to DAZ already.  Look for it soon.  We're watching Dawn closely as well.

Kendall

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:03 AM

Quote - I have a concern about the toes being rigged. Great, fine, looking forward to it. but can the Dev Rig toes NOT be rigged? Assuming there will be a dev rig at all. Making shoes for the Poser figures are already a nightmare with their indiviual toe bones, especially in the Setuo Room.

There's a bone for the group. I'm thinking you can use that for shoes and skip the toe bones.

Laurie

Jan19 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:04 AM

Looking good, Dawn Team!  :-)

And please remember, you can't please everyone, so don't try or you'll drive yourselves nuts. 

I'm glad there will be add-ons on the day of Dawn's release!

My thanks, also, to Renderosity for the community support.  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

vagabondallen ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:04 AM

After 40 pages, I think we finally found our "gate" that will divide the forum-goers. "BoobieGate!" 

And we were getting along so well before that.

All kidding aside, I think we have to always ask ourselves, "How much can I expect from a program that runs on my desktop and doesn't require a render farm to make a decent picture?"

I've never set out to make a render that fools people into believing they were looking at a photo. I can count on one hand the number of times I succeeded in spite of that. I still enjoy the "H-E-Double Hockey Sticks" out of rendering images!

Let's remember the wise words of the Dread Pirate Roberts, who said, "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world..."

Wodokan ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:06 AM

The mesh for the raised eyebrows looks really promising! I "can't wait" on the one hand - on the other.. better take as much time as you need to fix whatever little issues are still remaining.

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:20 AM

Quote - Apparently Dawn doesn't have a brow geometry plane so her brows are in the texture Booo Hiss

Yuck. Unhappy about that. :-(

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:23 AM
Online Now!

Quote - Don't need to be a shader expert to set the gamma on the alpha maps to 1.00 ;). As for the shaders on the skin, well...we have EZSkin. Even BB will tell ya to just use that. LOL.

True, we're used to making those fixes.  But...Dawn is meant to be a figure for the newer versions of Poser.  She's weight-mapped.  No need to worry about being compatible with Poser 4.  Her default Poser shaders should be right for the latest and greatest version of Poser.  (Plus, as BB also pointed out, if the speculars are burnt in, the maps won't look good with EZSkin.)

And first impressions count a lot.  I want Dawn to look her best in the preview/promo images.  :-)

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Oh great I love these details :)

Er, I've made a skull cap but I'm not the one doing the hair conversions... I'm making new hair ^^;

As well as some other shiny things. :)

I'm presuming that you are doing presets for LAMH.

I hope they get the update sorted for the Player, at the moment it has some bugs that make it crash on alot of machines.

A LAMH Player update has been sent to DAZ already.  Look for it soon.  We're watching Dawn closely as well.

Kendall

Woot! Hey look its Kendall! Nice to know the awesome LAMH makers are watchin Dawn too! YIPPIE!  

Well I like Dawn's shape a lot... I so can't wait to play with her!

How does one use autofit to fit clothes to a shape that is not Genesis? Such as from Genesis to V4? I don't know how to do that.... 

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 9:58 AM

Quote - If not for one of these PA's, Genesis2female gags would have been solely capable of wearing the original genesis wardrobe, thus he created the V4 support for it with his product. It's not a perfect solution of course, but at least it shows his determination to give the community what it wants. I sincerely hope he'll be part of your team, Steve.

I doubt that will happen, from what I've read he's a big part of the whole Genesis team.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:03 AM

For those worrying that Dawn's ears don't seem to have enough polys for extreme fairy ear morphs: believe me, they do. Antonia has MUCH less and I was able to make these with hers:

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:13 AM

Breasts come in all shapes and sizes, what one person likes another may not.

There are even those very badly done implatns that look just like footballs and don't move at all.

Can't wait for the future male to appear, the nwe can have "Penis Day!!!" Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:19 AM

Oh, on the breasts thing, Dawn's look like a slightly larger version of mine. Same placement too. You can't just shout out that "they don't work like that!" because each person is different...

Gotta remember too that breast sagging happens because of gravity. As such, larger (thus heavier) breasts get affected more, and even more as one grows old. A young woman with not-so-huge-but-big breasts can easily have perky breasts with no surgery at all.

Dawn's breasts, as they come, are not large. And she doesn't look old. Therefore, her breasts seem perfectly realistic to me.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:23 AM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:26 AM

I can't imagine anyone ever using a chat up line like this but......

"Excuse me, can you lift your arms so I can see if your breasts rise by 3 inches!!"

LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:40 AM

Some people are bending & twisting my words. Not nice.

Breasts have to be modeled in their default "natural down position".
Period.
99% of all renders are arms down renders & morphs strech textures.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:49 AM

that is what they are saying vilters is that they were modeled that way

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 10:50 AM

Have to admit, this is about the only thread I have been in with genitals and boobs and not had it locked!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:09 AM

Hmmm, went for a quick look around and found that there will be a future Dawn rendering contest!!!

If you want to find a little tease of things, then type in this to Google:-

hivewire 3d Dawn

No pages are working yet, but your can see the link text.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:22 AM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:24 AM

I believe the bump in the lat is from the image having transparency. But I will double check the rig. Thanks for the info too! :D

Please remember these images are to give you a glimpse of Dawn, I will try to remember the alpha maps setting next time, lol. Even in studio, the renders are with basic uber environment, I'm sure the Poser and DS pros will make much better renders with Dawn, than I have. I hope when things quiet down on the work side, I will have more time to become a Poser expert again. :D.

As for the breasts, the base is a near c cup on a young Dawn. The base product will include A,B,D, band ,E cup options. Add on will have more options. I'll will try to get an image up in the t pose today. 

Over all please remember, as Chris and Steve have stated, Dawn is not going to be everything to everyone, but we hope and intend her to be a solid figure, you will have fun using. Thank you all for your comments and criticisms, as they help to make Dawn a better figure.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:28 AM

Google search also hints there's already a Short Dress Collection and an Evening Out Dress on the works for her ;)

- - - - - - 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:32 AM

They can't hide anything from us! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:32 AM

file_495597.JPG

Dawn wire front T pose.

vagabondallen ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:32 AM

I'm not sure there's a wisdom in modeling a body part counter to the default pose of the figure. It might be even more disturbing to the general public, and remind people of old Egyptian figures. 

I'm not arguing the merits or flaws of the industry standard default position, since it's always driven me nuts that I have to put the arms down on every figure just to do an initial test render, but suggesting the logistics of up arms and down breasts might be problematic in its own right.

I will say that the originating team behind Dawn are coming from a specific background, mostly Daz. They aren't trying to reinvent the wheel, but simply offer a new version that addresses concerns about the direction of the industry and attempts to correct them.

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:33 AM

file_495598.JPG

Dawn wire Back T pose.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:38 AM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:39 AM

Enough room for me to model things.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Sunfire ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 11:59 AM

Definitely some room to work on some pants... or shorts... or anything in between.

Sunfire's Creations

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:01 PM

Is it possible to show a mterial zone pic of Dawn, as in different colours for each zone.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:05 PM

Are there two bend lines (indentations) on the back of each of Dawn's knees or just one? It's hard to tell...

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

Jan19 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:23 PM

Great, there IS enough space between the legs to model easily!  :-)

No pun intended, trying to model pants for a figure with no space below the be-hind is a pain in the (yeah!)  :-)  That's why I've always avoided modeling pants and shorts.  It's aggravating when it comes to modeling shoes, too, if you try to show both feet at once.

And whoever said, "can't wait but would rather, so the creators can have all the time they need" -- thumbs up, and I agree with that.

Dawn does look fantastic though.  Better with each image. 

I love me some Modo!  :-)

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:26 PM

(Just a quick "hallelujah" for the outstanding back of elbow topology - finally!!!)

My RMP Store Freebies

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:27 PM

Phew! Enough room to model and she doesn't suffer from "incredibly tall and long waisted and long hip" syndrome ;).

Laurie

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:34 PM

Quote - Phew! Enough room to model and she doesn't suffer from "incredibly tall and long waisted and long hip" syndrome ;).

Laurie

good point are there propagate scales included? One of V4's few :-P advantages is, that you can resize bodyparts without ugly crease in the mesh.

velvetsanity ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:47 PM

Quote - Phew! Enough room to model and she doesn't suffer from "incredibly tall and long waisted and long hip" syndrome ;).

Laurie

She also doesn't have the thighzilla effect that Genesis has! o/

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quote - > Quote - Phew! Enough room to model and she doesn't suffer from "incredibly tall and long waisted and long hip" syndrome ;).

Laurie

But it looks good, naked in a temple with a sword

She does have thunder thighs, doesn't she? ;)

velvetsanity ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:19 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Phew! Enough room to model and she doesn't suffer from "incredibly tall and long waisted and long hip" syndrome ;).

Laurie

But it looks good, naked in a temple with a sword

She does have thunder thighs, doesn't she? ;)

If there's one thing that really bugs me about genesis more than anything else, it's the thighs.  To me, that's the most glaringly obvious thing, anyway

tparo ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:21 PM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:22 PM

Could we drop the Genesis insults please, personally I don't find anything wrong with the thighs and if I want slimmer thighs I just dial them in.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yes please, all Gods ever made know we've had enough Poser against Daz wars.

Again, Dawn is for both, let's unite ;D

- - - - - - 

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:32 PM

Bodies come in all shapes and sizes in the 3D world, if you don't like what you see, spin the dials.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:37 PM · edited Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:41 PM

Was a JOKE folks geeeeeeeeze.

Whatever...I'll be back MUCH later when ya'll relax....

I hate knee-jerk reactions the opposite way as much as I hated all the bickering.

Laurie

velvetsanity ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 1:54 PM

There are things that I don't like about every figure that I currently have access to (which isn't very many, yet)...and there are things I do like.  So far, Dawn seems to take the best of all, while minimizing the problems I've seen with other figures (though I have a hard time expressing much of what I notice in words, but most of them are related to proportions. I think).  I wasn't trying to start an argument...

So...any further news/renders of Dawn coming soon?

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2013 at 2:04 PM

Dawn coming soon? but it's 8pm!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.