Fri, Sep 20, 2:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 4:37 PM

Dawn in DS!

This is Dawn in Hongyu's Shirt for V4 and Jeans for V4...in Daz Studio...via autofit.  :)

(untouched render, but for border/logo...OK, and maybe one "sharpen", but c'mon, does that really count?)

(click image for bigger)

Dawn in V4 Clothes

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 4:38 PM
Online Now!

Quote - Dwarven

Dwarf

WOW! Will the body scaling work in Poser?

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 4:42 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 4:43 PM

Yeah, I'd like to know if the body scaling will work in Poser as well ;) Well, I'm thinking the scaling might not, but the morphs would, yes?

And wow....I really need to hit that lottery ;).

Laurie

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 4:44 PM

Seeing some great stuff!!!! Keep it up folks!!! We need more renders in Poser and Studio to tease!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 4:45 PM
Online Now!

Well, if they don't know how to make the scaling work well in Poser, they could get Netherworks to do it for them, wink wink nudge nudge ;)

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Sassywench ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 4:46 PM

Autofit? Autofit! You've now made my week! :D Thanks for the BIG info! (Big to me, anyway LOL)

Quote - Dawn in DS!

This is Dawn in Hongyu's Shirt for V4 and Jeans for V4...in Daz Studio...via autofit.  :)

(untouched render, but for border/logo...OK, and maybe one "sharpen", but c'mon, does that really count?)

(click image for bigger)

Dawn in V4 Clothes

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:08 PM

Very cool renders.
What's she look like from behind ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:08 PM

Agreed for all DS users... ability to Auto-Fit in DAZ Studio is a huge incentive to genuinely adopt Dawn alongside Genesis without it just being a polite nod for all the hard work the Hivewire crew are putting in.

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

Shemei ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:09 PM

OH I love the Dwarf.  I have a MMO character I want to render that is a stunty.  And I never could quite get her looking right

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:10 PM

Quote - Autofit? Autofit! You've now made my week! :D Thanks for the BIG info! (Big to me, anyway LOL)

Quote - Dawn in DS!

(click image for bigger)

Dawn in V4 Clothes

Mine also...is there also one for the original Genesis? I have some really cool stuff that I would like to use with Dawn...

Deecy, I love that outfit...please tell me is that one of yours for Dawn?

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:13 PM

Quote - > Quote - Holy toot on a stick!!!! Have you got a conversion set for her already???????

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

uhhhh!!!??

What's a toot on a stick?   :)

And what about the toe morphs..........?

They posted somewhere in here that the toes are fully rigged, individually, you don't need morphs :) 

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

JV-Andrew ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:25 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - Autofit? Autofit! You've now made my week! :D Thanks for the BIG info! (Big to me, anyway LOL) > Quote - Dawn in DS!

(click image for bigger)

Dawn in V4 Clothes

Mine also...is there also one for the original Genesis? I have some really cool stuff that I would like to use with Dawn... Deecy, I love that outfit...please tell me is that one of yours for Dawn?

Also another render earlier in thread wearing Genesis Stalker Girl stuff, so this suggests (my own extrapolation) that genesis stuff will auto-fit to Dawn too

edit forgot to mention - great looking morphs Rawn, awesome stuff!

[url=http://jv-andrew.deviantart.com/]My deviantART page[/url]
[url=http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=Jabba101]My ShareCG freebies[/url]
[url=https://soundcloud.com/jv-andrew]Some of my music[/url]

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:34 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:36 PM

Dawn goes Hawaiian :)

larger view

Dawn goes Hawaiian

Songbird ReMix

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:35 PM

Yes, Kate Upton does that to me too.

Quote - > Quote - I sometimes wonder what it would be like if humans had that pattern. Imagine a world where Kate Upton can't get anyone to look at her, while males of all ages flock around Hillary Clinton.

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:36 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:45 PM

Quote - Deecy, I love that outfit...please tell me is that one of yours for Dawn?

Yes, that is a WIP render, using some of Parrotdolphin's textures until I get some ideas for different texture combinations. Still have some accessories to work on, then textures, and then trying to figure out how to get it to work on "the other platform" that I haven't touched for ages. LOL

I did a coat, too, but it really takes away from the outfit. Maybe I can use it with something else at some other time.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:39 PM

OK, so the Stalker girl shorts and LD Tank Top was more of a cheat.  (sorry, that was me too)  I just positioned it close, dropped a smoothing modifier on it, and wham-o, nice fit! 

(...did I mention how much I love that smoothing modifier?)

For an extreme pose, that would not work...so, I looked into how to "create a clone", figuring if I had one, I could autofit.

Found this LINK in the forumarchive, and I got to work. 

As a result, it is possible to get a "decent" autofit of V4 clothes on Dawn in DS via autofit.  I loaded V4 and Dawn, and dialed in the closest possible match of V4 that I could, with Dawn's available settings.  Once done, I save this as a single morph, changed it to a Clone type and saved it off as a Clone morph asset.  (this is a one-time operation, easy to doco)

Now I load clothes for V4, and there is an autofit option for this clone from V4toDawn (that's what I named it).  This gets me about 75-80% of the way there...and the smoothing modifier finishes the job.  Morphs are still in the clothes (which I didn't expect), as an added benefit!

Just another reason that having a figure native to the application is a real benefit!

I did this quickly, and my feeling is that if someone takes their time to create a V4 morph for Dawn, it would vastly improve the autofit's first pass.  ("V4, A3, etc. Shapes" for Dawn would probably sell very well...hint, hint, content developers...but don't make it too expensive!)

Netherworks ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:49 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:50 PM

Yes, the scaling works in Poser.

There is propagating on the hands, feet and head so you'd have to adjust the forearms, shins, neck to work into heavy scaling on those areas.

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:51 PM

I read this and thought.  Oh, tomorrow!  That's so cool. 

It wasn't until I read the comments on Facebook that I realized it's AUGUST 9, not July 9.

What can I say.  I spell July, A U G U S T.

Quote - Okay cupcakes, we got a release date!From Hivewire's Facebook page:

"On August 9, 2013, Dawn will be released to the public at www.hivewire3d.com, with supporting content for Dawn released simultaneously in the marketplaces at Poser World, Renderosity, RuntimeDNA, and YURdigital."

Satira Capriccio

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Autofit? Autofit! You've now made my week! :D Thanks for the BIG info! (Big to me, anyway LOL) > Quote - Dawn in DS!

(click image for bigger)

Dawn in V4 Clothes

Mine also...is there also one for the original Genesis? I have some really cool stuff that I would like to use with Dawn... Deecy, I love that outfit...please tell me is that one of yours for Dawn?

Also another render earlier in thread wearing Genesis Stalker Girl stuff, so this suggests (my own extrapolation) that genesis stuff will auto-fit to Dawn too

edit forgot to mention - great looking morphs Rawn, awesome stuff!

Thanks, I did see Smay's shorts...I didn't want to assume that it had been autofitted.

I'm looking for confirmation from someone who is using the figure in DS and can confirm that there is an autofit from Genesis.

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quote - Can I sneak one in? 8-)

(larger version in my gallery)

This one is nice!  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:56 PM

Also, morphs which scale the figure and erc to the joints will work in Poser.

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 5:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Deecy, I love that outfit...please tell me is that one of yours for Dawn?

Yes, that is a WIP render, using some of Parrotdolphin's textures until I get some ideas for different texture combinations. Still have some accessories to work on, then textures, and then trying to figure out how to get it to work on "the other platform" that I haven't touched for ages. LOL

I did a coat, too, but it really takes away from the outfit. Maybe I can use it with something else at some other time.

Fantastic! I love your outfits. : )

I have put up a couple of basic tutorials for Shader Mixer at ShareCG. If there is any basic information you need feel free to ask and I'll try and put up tutorials on it as I get chance.

Not a maths nerd so they would need to be basic setups  ; )

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quote - OK, so the Stalker girl shorts and LD Tank Top was more of a cheat.  (sorry, that was me too)  I just positioned it close, dropped a smoothing modifier on it, and wham-o, nice fit!  (...did I mention how much I love that smoothing modifier?)

For an extreme pose, that would not work...so, I looked into how to "create a clone", figuring if I had one, I could autofit.

Found this LINK in the forumarchive, and I got to work. 

As a result, it is possible to get a "decent" autofit of V4 clothes on Dawn in DS via autofit.  I loaded V4 and Dawn, and dialed in the closest possible match of V4 that I could, with Dawn's available settings.  Once done, I save this as a single morph, changed it to a Clone type and saved it off as a Clone morph asset.  (this is a one-time operation, easy to doco)

Now I load clothes for V4, and there is an autofit option for this clone from V4toDawn (that's what I named it).  This gets me about 75-80% of the way there...and the smoothing modifier finishes the job.  Morphs are still in the clothes (which I didn't expect), as an added benefit!

Just another reason that having a figure native to the application is a real benefit!

I did this quickly, and my feeling is that if someone takes their time to create a V4 morph for Dawn, it would vastly improve the autofit's first pass.  ("V4, A3, etc. Shapes" for Dawn would probably sell very well...hint, hint, content developers...but don't make it too expensive!)

If I am understanding this correctly it doesn't actually come with an autofit for V4 but you have created one for your own use? Can you clarify? thanks

Pen

59Burst ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:02 PM

Quote - CrossDresser support for Dawn is in the final testing stages.  Here she is wearing our Universal Queen of the Night Dress.

Just keeps getting better and better!  

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:06 PM

I am SO happy you are supporting Dawn!  I've missed being able to buy your cool morphs.

It's a good thing I got 10 months of retro pay in June.  It all went into savings.  Well, after fed, state, and phila taxes.  Since it was a combined paycheck/retro pay, that tax hit was as massive as Hulkish.

Quote - Hulkish Hulk

Satira Capriccio

59Burst ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:10 PM

Quote - I read this and thought.  Oh, tomorrow!  That's so cool. 

It wasn't until I read the comments on Facebook that I realized it's AUGUST 9, not July 9.

What can I say.  I spell July, A U G U S T.

I did the same.  I was thinking, "wait a minute, they just released this to content creators a few days ago; they're already going live?".  Wishful thinking, I believe.  :-)  

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:11 PM
Forum Coordinator

Oh I was wondering if a seam guide can be made for her to make it easier to line up MU's & such while working on new characters? Those would be an awsome help:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

velvetsanity ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:21 PM

Quote - Dawn in DS!

And here I was just getting ready to make a request for clothing conversion tutorials for DS! (Would still like to see some, there are things I have that don't like to convert--specifically I've been struggling with LaraV4 from the b2basics line by 4blueeyes)

vagabondallen ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:22 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:24 PM

file_496080.jpg

Another wip preview, using one of my Down poses, or in this case, Dawn Down poses.

Ill probably post more wips tomorrow.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:43 PM

Quote - Fantastic! I love your outfits. : )

I have put up a couple of basic tutorials for Shader Mixer at ShareCG. If there is any basic information you need feel free to ask and I'll try and put up tutorials on it as I get chance.

Not a maths nerd so they would need to be basic setups  ; )

Thanks!  I'll check them out 8-)

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:44 PM

Sigh.  I love her joints.  They are going to be a joy to pose.

Quote - Another wip preview, using one of my Down poses, or in this case, Dawn Down poses.

Ill probably post more wips tomorrow.

Satira Capriccio

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 6:58 PM

file_496081.jpg

Bendy. I used EZSkin on her. PP2014

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:10 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:12 PM

Quote - Thanks, I did see Smay's shorts...I didn't want to assume that it had been autofitted. I'm looking for confirmation from someone who is using the figure in DS and can confirm that there is an autofit from Genesis.

"There is an autofit from Genesis"?  This character is completely seperate from Genesis. 

For autofit to work, you need a "clone" so that autofit (which is for any DUF character, not just Genesis) can see what to "come from", and "go to".  We have the "go to" in Dawn.  The "Come from" need to be the Dawn mesh in V4 form.  That is what I dialed in, as close as I could.

Quote - If I am understanding this correctly it doesn't actually come with an autofit for V4 but you have created one for your own use? Can you clarify? thanks

Pen

I am not sure what will be included in the final product.  I needed to make a clone.  If someone makes a V4 Shapes for Dawn (similar to V4 Shape for Genesis), then that could be used as a clone, and autofit works.

(like how we needed a3/h3 shapes for genesis, to fit a3/h3 clothes to genesis)

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:26 PM

The more I see, the more I think, in my case, the jury is still out.  I don't subscribe to the "ad agency school of beauty", I'll have to see what can be done with her.  I'm looking for a more average girl, which may not be easy to get.  Dunno until she's in my computer.

Doric.

(Not to be taken as speaking for any other living person.  A few dead ones, maybe.)

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

TheOwl ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:33 PM

BUT DAWN IS A FEMALE! WHAT ABOUT MALES!!!!

CAN SHE MORPH INTO A MAN like how GENESIS DOES?

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:35 PM

Dude, stop screamin!

They've said there will be a male. Ain't happened yet....females always come out first.

Laurie

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:36 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:37 PM
Online Now!

Quote - Bendy. I used EZSkin on her. PP2014

Great render, Ted, but you had to use EZSkin?? :blink:

Fix those skin shaders, Hivewire Crew!!  😠

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:37 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - Thanks, I did see Smay's shorts...I didn't want to assume that it had been autofitted. I'm looking for confirmation from someone who is using the figure in DS and can confirm that there is an autofit from Genesis.

"There is an autofit from Genesis"?  This character is completely seperate from Genesis. 

For autofit to work, you need a "clone" so that autofit (which is for any DUF character, not just Genesis) can see what to "come from", and "go to".  We have the "go to" in Dawn.  The "Come from" need to be the Dawn mesh in V4 form.  That is what I dialed in, as close as I could.

Quote - If I am understanding this correctly it doesn't actually come with an autofit for V4 but you have created one for your own use? Can you clarify? thanks

Pen

I am not sure what will be included in the final product.  I needed to make a clone.  If someone makes a V4 Shapes for Dawn (similar to V4 Shape for Genesis), then that could be used as a clone, and autofit works.

(like how we needed a3/h3 shapes for genesis, to fit a3/h3 clothes to genesis)

Thanks, that was what I needed to know.  

At this point no clones for V4 or Genesis have been provided. It could be that they are planning on releasing Shapes as an add-on. I wouldn't have a problem with that or with paying for the ability.

I'm more concerned about whether legally they will be able to do. It's rather a grey area...

Worse comes to worse I will make my own. Thanks for the link...: )

edited to add: I'm aware that this is a separate figure to Genesis just like V4 is. I would like the ability to use the Genesis clothing I have with Dawn just like my V4.

In fact as I have already converted some Gen 3 stuff having a genesis autofit clone would allow me to use Gen3 also with Dawn.

andolaurina ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quote - Bendy. I used EZSkin on her. PP2014

Sweet relief! Thank you for showing her in EZ Skin! Looks great!

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 8:23 PM
Online Now!

file_496082.jpg

Okay took me most of the day to get it right since the clothing was made originally for V4 and it's dynamic so if I didn't get it set right the skirt ended up sliding down to her feet. But this is Sshodan's Dark Court 2 for V4.

Sunfire's Creations

coldrake ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:00 PM

LaurieA wrote;

Quote - Check this out! Arms UP! :D

BadKittehCo wrote;

Quote - oh, oh, I wanna play too....  Simple Poser render, Dance Pose. Out of the box shader.... about one or two beta versions ago.

Wow Laurie and Connie, very impressive! Those poses show off the figure better than anything I've seen yet.

Really looking forward to getting Dawn!

Coldrake

Morana ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:15 PM

Elbows!  She has pointy elbows!

lady-morana.deviantart.com

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - Bendy. I used EZSkin on her. PP2014

Both of those I posted were EZSkin too. I apologize for forgetting to mention that....

matrix03 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 9:41 PM

started another thread in the wishing well for Dawn. I hope Halcyone and 3-d-c see it!

others feel free to chime in. I want to make a gothic rock star out of Dawn! ;-)

andolaurina ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Bendy. I used EZSkin on her. PP2014

Both of those I posted were EZSkin too. I apologize for forgetting to mention that....

They look great, too! :D

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:24 PM

file_496087.png

Well...not everyone is quite so impressed with the new "realistic" girl on the block. :tongue1:

nakamuram ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:26 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:26 PM

Quote - Dawn in DS!

(click image for bigger)

Dawn in V4 Clothes

Incredible, 3DOutlaw!!  How do V4's shoes "autofit" with Dawn?  And what other character's clothes/shoes can she wear?

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:27 PM
Online Now!

file_496088.jpg

Blouse is part of what I'm working on. That material is just something I tossed there so it's not blank.

Just noticed her bikini string is totally running through her thigh. Sigh.

- - - - - - 

matrix03 ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:39 PM

Quote -  

Well...not everyone is quite so impressed with the new "realistic" girl on the block. :tongue1:

They're just jealous! ;-)

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 08 July 2013 at 10:57 PM

file_496089.jpg

DAZ Studio 4.6.0.18

Peacock Shaders on Bikini & Lights otherwise out of box.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.