Sat, Sep 21, 11:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Update 4.02

mstevens ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 11:44 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Has anyone install 4.02 update? I tried but the update aborted It said it could not overwrite vue4.exe. I then tried to run vue 4.0. It then said vue had caused an error in eongui.dll. Then a screen came up saying a vital file had been damaged and to re-install the application. So I un-installed vue. Now when I put the application disk in the slideshow and installion screen does not come up. So no update and now no vue

Varian ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 11:48 PM

Sounds like odd behavior from the software, Mike. The only thing I can think of, did you uninstall by going through the uninstall routine of Add/Remove Programs? After uninstalling, did you reboot before attempting to reinstall?

Kurka ( ) posted Thu, 13 September 2001 at 11:59 PM

Same thing happened to me. You can undo the install if you take the files from the "back" folder, and copy them to your Vue folder.

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 12:00 AM

I just had the same experience. mstevens: look into your Vue 4 folder. There should be a 'Back' folder with a backup of your old installation. Copy the files over in their original folder. That restored Vue 4 for me. varian: vue 4 was still 'damaged' after reinstalling and rebooting. At least it was for me.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 12:12 AM

Fernando, Laurent, thanks for the quick responses. I haven't had a chance to try the update myself yet. Sounds like this might mean a flaw in the update installer.

mstevens ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 12:36 AM

When I uninstalled vue by add/remove I then went to the program directory and then deleted the E-soft folder and everything in it. I have now re-installed vue 4.0 by going directly to the set-up file on the cd. It seems to be working ok. Should I now leave everything alone and await futher news on update 4.02? And If and when I update to 4.02 from 4.0 does 4.02 include the update in 4.01? Thanks for yuor help.

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 12:47 AM

Ummm....4.02? Have we been given a 4.02? If that's not a typo, does it fix the poser BUM thing? What is 4.02?

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 1:15 AM

lol, yes Mike (MikeJ), there is a real 4.02. It was only just released today about eight hours ago. Check down a few messages, and you'll find the announcement. :) Mike (mstevens), as long as Vue seems to be working well again for you, I'd suggest leave it be until we learn more about this patch's problem, and maybe they'll get a replacement available. The new 4.02 is for minor items, I gather, unless you work in Japanese in which case the patch becomes more important.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 1:17 AM

I forgot, Mike, do re-install the 4.01 patch. I doubt the elements in that one are covered by the 4.02.

hein ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 2:39 AM

After 25 minutes of trying to get the update, E-ON had lost my VUE 4 registration and I could no longer get to the restricted site I had no trouble with 2 days ago, so I kept getting the tegistration form that kept being refused, finally called Mrs B. had her enter the info asnd after that I suddenly was registered again. Update refuses to install but I noticed that the update first deletes (YES deletes) the VUE4.EXE before it tries to install the update. Umpteenth screwup by E-ON and co , no I will not contact E-ON support on this matter as I refuse to take seriously any support team that blames a program's failure to perform as adverstised on the serial number of another program.

e-on ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 2:52 AM

When you install the update, make sure that you download the file to a temporary location on your hard-disk and launch the updater from outside your browser. Also, please make sure that Vue isn't running when you start the update. Im sure that with your help, we'll find out what is wrong. This new updating technology was supposed to simplify my work... LOL! Steve Bell

dolly ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 5:16 AM

Hey all Ijust got the 4.2 update and i aint had any problems went in like a dream . i am on win2k if that makes a diff just thought id let you all know cheers dolly

hein ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 6:47 AM

Been there done that, think 3 months of fighting VUE4 is enough, I'll move elsewhere for my renderings.

e-on ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2001 at 7:13 AM

Hein, This new updating technology was designed to simplify the updating process for Vue-ers. Admitedly it did not work first time, and we apologize for that and all the trouble it might have caused you. However, the problem should now be fixed and you can download the update again. I'm sure that in the long run you'll appreciate the efforts we have made to simplify the whole process of updating. Please note that no files are deleted during the updating process. If anything goes wrong, you can revert instantly to your previous setup by copying the contents of the "Bak" folder into the root folder of Vue. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding. Steve B.

hein ( ) posted Sat, 15 September 2001 at 3:56 AM

I noticed that move of the files when I deleted VUE from the system, won't bother to download the updated update and to reinstall, I'm not going to waste more the time trying to get VUE to work. To all who have more luck running VUE , enjoy this forum, it's a good one compared to most of 'm.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2001 at 8:46 PM

Jeez, Hein, have you given it a fair shot? I mean, I know you have gotten upset before, but you're also a great Vue-er, who has given all of us some great tips, advice, and freebies, and I sure wouldn't be alone to ask you to not leave us! I don't understand what went wrong? I just d/l'd the thing, and it appears to have worked well... ...but please, give E-on, Vue 4, and us, the benefit of the doubt and don't just bail out like that! Sincerely, Mike

hein ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2001 at 2:58 PM

Mike, from june 28 till september 14 is giving V4 a fair shot imho. I can't get V4 to run without crashing on any of the PC's here. The update was just the proverbial last ... . I may reinstall V3.1 on one of the PC's but V4 is a definite no no. In the last 3 months I actually finished 1 single pic, the rest I gave up on or took 'm into V3 and did postwork. The next $129 are going into a Poser update if & when it's released.

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 8:13 AM

I wish the problem could be figured out. Others are using v.4 okay, and darnit, but we just wish you were able to use it okay too. :/

hein ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 1:05 PM

Well, we're going for the final try, it could take a week or so before we know. One of my friends who upgraded to V4 recently, will send her V4-CD to me and I've send my V4-CD to her, mine is one of the 1st batch and was shipped from France, so we'll see if there's a difference. There shouldn't be differences but stranger things have happened in software land :)

Varian ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2001 at 8:19 PM

Wishing you a HUGE batch of good luck! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.