Fri, Sep 20, 1:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Dawn is "Live"

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:02 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:23 AM

Hivewire3d is back up with Dawn being offered.

Rendorosity products for Dawn are HERE.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:08 PM
Forum Coordinator

... and down again it seems.

Amigo968 ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:10 PM

Site at HiveWire 3D is down.

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:11 PM

Been up and down at least three times in 10 minutes. The server load must be unimaginable!

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:15 PM
Forum Coordinator

Will wait then. Guess she will be there still tomorrow. 

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:16 PM

Well, I got the starter bundle to the cart.  Can't get anything past that point.

I guess while I am waiting, I'll shop here.

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:41 PM

Question: what do we need to do to make VSS work with her?

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 12:43 PM

Wish Roxie had that support.

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 1:25 PM

Quote - Question: what do we need to do to make VSS work with her?

EZSkin2.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 1:30 PM

Quote - Wish Roxie had that support.

You and me both.

At least we have WW & the fitting room.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 1:54 PM

The hivewire team is working as quickly as they can to get this issue resolved and get their site stable.  I know they want the site up and stable as badly as the community!!

Please be patient with them as they work hard to resolve these issues.

I am in close contact with the Hivewire team so I will let you all know any information as it comes.

Stacey
Marketplace Manger

Renderosity.com 

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for stepping in, Stacey. As I stated above, I can only imagine the server loads involved. The IT guys must be pulling what little hair they have left at this point.

Please keep us informed.

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:26 PM

Hivewire 3D is up now.  I just d/l'ed Dawn.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:36 PM

Why do they want payment info for a free figure?

~Shane

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:40 PM

On payment info:  A lot of online store systems work that way.  They don't really have freestuff as such; they just have products with nonzero cost and products with zero cost.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:40 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:44 PM

Quote - Why do they want payment info for a free figure?

My guess? It's how their (probably third party) billing software works. I've seen this at most pay sites giving something away. (This is how Content Paradise works)

$.02

Ockham... Great minds and all that!

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 2:58 PM

Still not up for me when I checked but no problem I will let the initial panic susbside and try later.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 3:02 PM

Same here.

aeilkema ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 3:57 PM

Quote - Wish Roxie had that support.

I wish many other figures had this kind of support from Rendo. I've never seen Rendo so active in promoting something that isn't their own or any other figure at all. I guess being famous helps promoting your figure, it's the same as always..... Rendo promotes the big names who really don't need all that over the top extra attention at all and let's the little guys drown, no matter how good their stuff is. The good thing is that finally poser may get a figure that has enough support, the bad thing is that other good figures will suffer because of this.

Anyway.... I've got Dawn, played with her for a little while and I didn't see anything that utterly impressed me at all, she's just another Vicky but this time not made by DAZ. I've been more impressed by other much more original and creative figures in my runtime. I'm sure she will do well, since she's just a rebranded Vicky with a different name. For me I don't see the need for a new vicky-like figure at all, spending lot's of money in items for her if she's too close to what I've got already. I'm sure that DAZ isn't happy with this though and that Rendo (and others) finally can draw back (some of) the poser audience that left over the years. I've had a few minutes of rendering fun with Dawn, hope others will enjoy here much longer then I did.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:01 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:02 PM

Anyone can tell me FOR GOD'S SAKE why that excesive fever all around the Poserverse about DAWN??? Nor V4 neither V5 releases created such an expectation like this... or I was in a hole past weeks and I don't understand nothing...

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:08 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:09 PM

Dawn is the V5 that Poser users had hoped for and never saw. It's that simple. If Vicki is no big deal to you, then Dawn won't be either.

To me, This is a big deal. It's a figure that works inside of Poser that is finally going to get some real support.

If that's not what floats your boat, then there's no big deal.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:12 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Well, for one thing she's free.   It's been six years I think since V4's release - Poser users are anxious to see something new since very few use DSON and thus Genesis.  That could be your reason number 2 - that's all I've got :)

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:16 PM

Well, I stopped at V4, she was my last Vicky. I hate DS (several version tests and several uninstallations) and I reject any Genesis product. I'll test that Dawn :)

CASETTE
=======

Pandarr ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:17 PM

file_497051.jpg

Just as long as we don't end up with this going on in the forums!

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:21 PM

Just to let you know... the forum staff IS on alert.

I'll let it go at that.

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:36 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:38 PM

The Hivewire site seems to have stabilized. Those who have been having trouble getting in may find it easier at this point.

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:38 PM

I've just downloaded all files without problems

CASETTE
=======

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:52 PM

Downloaded and installed. No love at first sight. Going back to Roxie now. ;)

kerwin ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:53 PM

Downloaded the starter stack without much difficulty.   Right now things are working best with one download thread at a time.

-K

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - Wish Roxie had that support.

I wish many other figures had this kind of support from Rendo. I've never seen Rendo so active in promoting something that isn't their own or any other figure at all. I guess being famous helps promoting your figure, it's the same as always..... Rendo promotes the big names who really don't need all that over the top extra attention at all and let's the little guys drown, no matter how good their stuff is. The good thing is that finally poser may get a figure that has enough support, the bad thing is that other good figures will suffer because of this.

Anyway.... I've got Dawn, played with her for a little while and I didn't see anything that utterly impressed me at all, she's just another Vicky but this time not made by DAZ. I've been more impressed by other much more original and creative figures in my runtime. I'm sure she will do well, since she's just a rebranded Vicky with a different name. For me I don't see the need for a new vicky-like figure at all, spending lot's of money in items for her if she's too close to what I've got already. I'm sure that DAZ isn't happy with this though and that Rendo (and others) finally can draw back (some of) the poser audience that left over the years. I've had a few minutes of rendering fun with Dawn, hope others will enjoy here much longer then I did.

I agree. I've followed the Dawn threads as a lurker, loosely while doing other things, waiting to see something impressive with her. 

Still waiting. 

So far I've seen nothing that suggests she utilizes Poser's built-in features to any degree beyond some basic weightmapping, and I do mean basic. Where are the muscle/tendon flexes, twists, bulges, etc?  Where are the animated joint centers and scaling features? If Dawn is truly a figure built to utilize all of Poser's latest features, then why aren't we seeing examples of the infant Dawn, the toddler Dawn, the she-wolf Dawn, the teenage Dawn, the world's fattest woman Dawn, etc? 

Also haven't seen any evidence that her creators have actually studied the human form and proportions and how they relate/are interpreted in 3D. The base figure is pretty damned ugly and doesn't even look human without her skin paint, and whats up with that man chin?

Not trying to throw insults but so far V4 is still a more attractive and complete figure. Comparing her to V5 isn't even relative. V5 looks very human without skin. Even P6 Jessie looks more human without skin.

And yeah, I know her original creator is a somewhat famous painter - if you're into jesus paintings - but being able to paint/draw a believable human isn't even in the same ball park as being able to model/sculpt a believable 3D human. The fact they were involved in the design of previous V+ incarnations makes it even worse. They should know what they're doing in terms of anatomical correctness by now.

Then there is the (possible) issue with DAZ and former DAZ employees, and possible legal ramifications, that I haven't seen anyone bring up or question yet. Maybe they don't exist, but if they do, it's quite possible DAZ could pull the plug on Dawn if they view her as a threat. We're talking about former DAZ employees who worked on previous DAZ figures - some of whom seem disgruntled.  

Unless DAZ is somehow connected to Dawn's development behind the scenes - which I suspect is actually the case, though no one will ever actually admit as much even when asked point-blank - otherwise, DAZ may be able to persue legal action depending on what sort of contract agreements and competition clauses that exist that the majority may know nothing about. (Former employees/partners often face legal issues when trying to branch off and form their own competing product(s).

Maybe all of that is just hyper speculation, but its something to keep in mind before dumping a bunch of money and time on another figure that may wind up facing the same fate as old Renda did.

Yes, I'm very critical. Can't help it, I'm a Libra, it's my nature ;-)

Still, if all goes well, I'll probably support her, but purely for selfish reasons.

~Shane

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 5:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - Question: what do we need to do to make VSS work with her?

EZSkin2.

Where do I get that at and how hard is it to use it?  And I'm just talking about being able to give VSS a friendly node structure for Dawn.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 5:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Question: what do we need to do to make VSS work with her?

EZSkin2.

Where do I get that at and how hard is it to use it?  And I'm just talking about being able to give VSS a friendly node structure for Dawn.

http://snarlygribbly.org/3d/forum/index.php

It's free.

Dawn is not directly supported yet, but I suspect Snarls will take care of that in a day or so. If not, post bacik and I'll post the EZS2 shader I made using the built-in Adopt feature. (It's really easy to do!)

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 5:26 PM

I've been following all the dawnthreads and didn't get the impression that former daz stafff were disgruntled.  I got the feeling they wanted to try and do something better.

I think it's great that they have tried.  I haven't seen enough renders to form an opinion and I haven't bought any dawn stuff yet, but I will.

as for the legal side, I am sure they had some sort of clause when they left daz that they had to wait 2 years or something.  i am certain they would have that aspect all sorted out.

love esthe

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 5:27 PM

so does scaling work in poser to try and make the character look younger?

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 5:53 PM

I think that's a bit more than what I was asking for.  I just want to be able to tell VSS that these are the "skin" areas, these are the eyes, etc. and do these things to dawn.  Sort of like how it is set up for viki.  I never got into using it for entire scenes like I should have.

WARK!

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:13 PM

While BB may fool me, I believe he has abandoned VSS since EZSkin2 came out. It is very easy to use. Feel free to sitemail me if you have specific questions (I wrote the user's guide for it.)

gohanf22 ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:17 PM

Anyone know why the String Bikini is not listed on Hivewire3D's site? I noticed people did textures for it but it's not listed in the starter pack or on Hivewire's site.

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:20 PM · edited Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:22 PM

Figures>Dawn>HiveWire 3D>Dawn>Clothing>String Bikini

It comes in the Dawn base file.

Pandarr ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:21 PM

Quote - Anyone know why the String Bikini is not listed on Hivewire3D's site? I noticed people did textures for it but it's not listed in the starter pack or on Hivewire's site.

I just looked at one of the texture packs and the bikini looks like the same one that comes with the free character.  She comes with the bikini.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:22 PM

Quote - Figures>Dawn>HiveWire 3D>Dawn>Clothing>String Bikini

Is that how you search it on their site or you talking about renderosity?

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:23 PM

That is the path to it in Poser.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:23 PM

Quote -   I just looked at one of the texture packs and the bikini looks like the same one that comes with the free character.  She comes with the bikini.

Oh ok nvm then.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:26 PM

The string bikini comes with the base model @ $0 cost and it is not listed until you actually download the files.  Three files in total if you are just downloading for Poser, six for both Poser & DAZStudio.  The base Dawn and Dawn textures contain the bikini; the third file contains the Glam Pony Tail textures.

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:48 PM

Got the starter, haven't installed it yet, might be a few days. 

I agree with those that say it's another vicky, version X.  Poserworld has a bikini and a couple of gowns for her, but the rest of what I've seen, prime reason I use Poserworld. 

Methinks it may be one that I install, and with the next version of Poser, I won't reinstall. 

I want more for Rex and Roxie.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 6:51 PM

Some freebies appearing @ Sharecg already.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 7:55 PM
Site Admin

While she maybe another Vicky, (clothing conversion doesn't take much) she'd a new and improved Vicky. She does have weight mapping. I don't know about joint centers. As for different sized Dawns, like baby and such, give it time, they may come. I have seen a male Dawn that far surpasses any Vicky male I've seen. I think it even surpasses Joepublic's David 3 teenage girl which I was quite impressed with. There are a limited number of morphs available yet, but give it time.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 8:52 PM

Wow.... looks like there's a bit of a stampede on for the new shiny! 😄

I'm not over-impressed so far. But obviously it's early days yet.

I don't see any need for her in my runtime though - she doesn't do anything the figures I already have can't, so I think I'll pass on this one.

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 8:56 PM

Not just former empoyees, one of DAZ founders, Chris Creek is behind Dawn. They all waited till their respective non-compete contract clauses expired. 

Not disgruntled, just dong their jobs. All those guys invested their lifetime and careers into posedom. They are just continuing their work.

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

prinzeugen12 ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 8:58 PM

So dawn is free??? I see her listed as free in the starter bundle but the rest of the bundle isnt free... So maybe I dont want a pair of combat boots... Maybe Id like free dawn and then I will purchase a morph pack ect.  I dont see were I can just get her without paying 45.00 for her starter bundle???   This a browser problem for me or am I seeing this correctly??  She looks like a nice upgrade on V4 as far as I can tell..

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 9:01 PM

I don't know, I watched the thread for a while, saw what was what I'd consider WIP images, and got the idea the same kind of content is going to be available for Dawn as there is for vicky in any of her iterations.  The gown you (RedPhantom) put up  on sharecg is pretty good, something I'd probably use, the couple of gowns on Poserworld are, well, one I could use, the other probably not.  I'm not too impressed about the rest of it.  Too much "the same for a diffrerent figure". 

I'd like more everyday kinds of clothing, and including from the skin out, but if I see it, my guess is one for every one hundred that don't have any interest to me.  Not holding my breath waiting, I know it's not going to be there.  Under clothing seems to be a pretty much ignored factor for most figures, except for a few, that are not daz figures, Jessica being one, Katie another.  Get beyond those and what you see for vicky are what I'd call someone's fantasy, the kinds of things you might see, in a catalog from Fredricks of Hollywood.  Not what real people wear. 

So be it, I guess.

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

prinzeugen12 ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 9:33 PM

my bad.. I went to hivewires forum and they tell you how to seperate the starter bundle... ..just wish they would of had that on there dawn page to start with...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.