Mon, Sep 9, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Transfer V4 textures automatically to other characters...

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2013 at 12:40 PM

Great to hear this is nearly ready!

Looking forward to hearing about later developments though, I won't be getting the initial release as Dawn and Roxie aren't of interest to me.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2013 at 12:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - What about those of us who have Reality Paint?  I just bought this right before the Poser Expo.  Will this be handled as an update to that version and what will be the price for us?

Great features and new tools!  Thank you!

Yes, indeed, you will get a free copy of the new transfer utility!

Here is my rational for making the utility free with realityPaint...

The expected number of sales of this new utility is much greater than the extected number of sales of realityPaint, due to the low price and high demand. If a small percentage of the new customers interested in the utility opt to buy realityPaint, then that would be more overall sales vs. selling the utility separately to existing realityPaint customers. It could also encourage more Blacksmith3D-Suite v4 ( or v3 ) customers to upgrade.

So, if the rationalle is correct, then it's best for everyone. Value added for realityPaint customers, and more overall sales for us. Win, win, win :D

Yaaay!  I am very, very happy and looking forward to learning to use the new transfer tools to play with my existing texture library on both figures!

Thank you so very much!

konan ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quote - Great to hear this is nearly ready!

Looking forward to hearing about later developments though, I won't be getting the initial release as Dawn and Roxie aren't of interest to me.

Glad to hear it. As soon as it's out of the door, we'll start adding new characters within the month. We'll just start with those two... 99% of the work is independent of the specific characters, so adding new ones will be a breeze :D

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 11:04 AM

I agree with all of Dee's points of view except that perhaps you should develop for both standalone as well as a plugin for Reality Paint so you cover both bases for your full user base. 

Dee, curious about your one line there "Using the similar transfer brush already has been a lifesaver......"  Is this within Reality Paint or is this another tool I don't know about as of yet? 

Hope your doing well hon!  XO

Richard

Quote - I would absolutely be interested. Since I use (and highly recommend) realityPaint, I would love to see this included in the feature set. Using the similar transfer brush already has been a lifesaver, and this functionality would be magnificent.

I would suggest V4 -> Dawn; V4 -> Alyson for initial transfers. (I don't have a suggestion for the third off hand, as Genesis can load V4 maps, as can Genesis2 with an add on that make the current transfer tools in realityPaint work nicely across that character group. :) )

I'd love to see this functionality as a part of realityPaint, or potentially as a 'plugin' for realityPaint to integrate into the workflow that could also be a standalone for this function for those who don't currently use the software or don't have a need for it beyond the transfer cabilities. (But you should use it, folks. You really, really should! It's good stuff.)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

toastie ( ) posted Wed, 07 August 2013 at 6:07 PM

Quote - ..... As soon as it's out of the door, we'll start adding new characters within the month. We'll just start with those two... 99% of the work is independent of the specific characters, so adding new ones will be a breeze :D

Any thoughts on which characters will be coming next?

booksbydavid ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2013 at 12:46 AM

Just bought realityPaint. Didn't know about these new developments. I AM a happy camper.

Thanks!!!

Magic_Man ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2013 at 6:49 AM

Quote - Here is my rational for making the utility free with realityPaint...

The expected number of sales of this new utility is much greater than the extected number of sales of realityPaint, due to the low price and high demand. If a small percentage of the new customers interested in the utility opt to buy realityPaint, then that would be more overall sales vs. selling the utility separately to existing realityPaint customers. It could also encourage more Blacksmith3D-Suite v4 ( or v3 ) customers to upgrade.

So, if the rationalle is correct, then it's best for everyone. Value added for realityPaint customers, and more overall sales for us. Win, win, win :D

I've been very interested in this utility but haven't looked at Reality Paint before. Because this utility will be free with RP then I may take another look at it now.

Rationalle == correct.

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2013 at 10:50 AM

Konan/Dave: Did you see my PM to you? :)

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2013 at 8:52 PM

So, I could not get this as a stand alone? I ask, because the whole package is out of my budget right now.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2013 at 9:32 PM

Considering how popular things like cross dresser and Phil's tool are, I think there is a markert for something like this.

Right now I'm only interested in viki, but characters like Dawn or maybe miki or antonia if she gets support would be good.  Don't forget Aiko 3 or V3 either.  They still have their fans.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

toastie ( ) posted Fri, 09 August 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quote - So, I could not get this as a stand alone? I ask, because the whole package is out of my budget right now.

Huh? So far as I know this is a standalone tool, unless something has changed?

I think it's also being added to Reality Paint as part of that package which is what the last few posts have been about.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 10 August 2013 at 3:53 PM

When will it be released? Soon?? looks hopeful

JVRenderer ( ) posted Sun, 11 August 2013 at 12:49 PM

bookmarked....

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

konan ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 10:11 AM

Hey everyone!!!

We're aiming to have it released this Friday, August 16th. There's always the chance of another delay, but I'm pretty confident that it'll be ready this Friday. Getting excited!!!

I'll post some pics throughout the week,

Dave

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 10:18 AM

AWESOME!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 11:25 AM

Thank you for the update.  I can't wait!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 11:30 AM
Site Admin

Oooh. ok Time to work extra hours again. :)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 12 August 2013 at 11:30 AM

Oh Thank you!  So want to convert some textures!!

Jan19 ( ) posted Tue, 13 August 2013 at 4:04 PM

This is great news!  Thank you.  :-)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2013 at 4:07 PM

I have a definite interest in Gen 4 to Gen 3 (both male and female) stand alone conversion.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 10:12 AM

well... it's Friday.... where is it??

lol, just checking in :)

Maevryn ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 12:53 PM

Are we there yet?  =)

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 4:43 PM

It isn't 5pm yet.

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 16 August 2013 at 11:38 PM

Well, it's 11:38pm where I am now, lol

Art_Sorcery ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2013 at 3:24 PM

Hmmm, it's the 18th now, still not out yet, I guess? Any predicted date now?

Strixowl ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2013 at 4:38 PM

Just checking :)

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 10:03 AM

Any news, Dave? Also, please the the PM I sent you.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 5:48 PM

I hope it's not like in Atlas Shrugged, where John Galt came and talked Dave into denying Society his gifts... 😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 2:45 AM

Will the new texture converter be more affordable for the hobbyist?  I got the paint program back when it was still blacksmith 3D suite... but back then had no tutorials and I couldn't figure it out.... and  upgrades were too costly..... and get more so for me. 

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 11:53 PM

Dave, is the converter still a work in progress?  Thanks!

Morana ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 10:08 AM

Has this completely fallen off the radar?

lady-morana.deviantart.com

booksbydavid ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 11:03 AM

I hope not.

Wodokan ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2013 at 4:00 AM

Have there been any news on this? I am still hesitant to buy things for Dawn because of this missing link...

booksbydavid ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2013 at 9:16 AM

Yes, inquiring minds want to know.

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2013 at 11:14 AM

Anybody home?

Maevryn ( ) posted Mon, 09 September 2013 at 12:36 PM

Hmmmm....I'm beginning to think this is a no-go. Really hoping I'm wrong.

Wodokan ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2013 at 5:43 AM

Well, if it's not going to happen, that would be nice to know as well. Seems like real life (or something) has interfered (?).

booksbydavid ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2013 at 10:10 AM

Real life is always getting in the way of the virtual world. It should be outlawed. :)

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2013 at 10:17 AM

Quote - Well, if it's not going to happen, that would be nice to know as well. Seems like real life (or something) has interfered (?).

Indeed, as the 20% off sale on RealityPaint was supposed to end August 9 and it is apparently still on.  I hope it's nothing too serious... :sad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

booksbydavid ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2013 at 10:19 AM

Didn't realize the sale was still listed. Maybe there is cause to worry.

konan ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 4:15 PM

Attached Link: realityPaint Home Page

file_498134.png

It's........ READY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMCRv7K6pcA

The Texture Transformer will be available as a stand-alone application asap, but it's included in the latest realityPaint update ( Menu->Help->Check For Updates... )

It is located in the may at Menu->Utility Tools->Texture Transformer

Also, when realityPaint is in demo mode, you can perform the conversion and the textures will be exported with a watermark, so you can give it a round trip test in Poser to make sure it works as expected.

I'm terribly sorry about the long delay. The main sticking point was dealing with high resolution textures, and getting the conversion to be both fast and have high quality ( which have been achieved ).

We'll be putting more support materials together in the upcoming days, but in the mean time, please feel free to ask questions in this post and I'll personally answer them.

Dave

pigfish9 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 4:24 PM

Hurray!  Dave, where will we be able to purchase the stand-alone application?

Thank you again for all your hard work on this project.

andolaurina ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 4:34 PM

Hi Dave, please see the PM I sent you a couple of weeks or so ago. Thanks. :)

My RMP Store Freebies

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 4:58 PM

Woo!!  Thank you, thank you!!!

bevans84 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 5:23 PM

I'm not showing an update for Realitypaint Pro.

Latexluv ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 6:19 PM

I'm waiting for the stand alone utility.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Faerydae ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 6:28 PM

Quote - I'm waiting for the stand alone utility.

Ditto.

konan ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 6:31 PM

Yupper, the stand alone is coming ASAP. I'd give you a date, but I want to be absolutely sure that it'll be ready. It'll be really, really soon though :D

In the mean time you can check it out in the realityPaint demo. The exported textures will be watermarked, but it'll give you a good idea as to how it works.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 7:33 PM

Good to see you are alive and well, Dave!  :)

konan ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2013 at 7:39 PM

Quote - Good to see you are alive and well, Dave!  :)

Haha. For a while is could have gone either way. Every week that I thought the project was being wrapped up, more problems would come up needing to be solved. I'm just happy to get it out the door!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.