Mon, Jul 8, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 8:11 pm)

Subject: (OT) Hi Everyone! (update)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 1:32 AM · edited Sat, 06 July 2024 at 6:08 AM

waves

Hi everyone!

I'm still around; alive and kicking.

Last fall I had a mishap with my external hard drives and ended up losing all of my content. I think it was during one of the times I tried to reformat my computer and forgot to unplug the drives and the content was counted as "C Drive". Anyway, it's gone. So I haven't bothered to reinstall Poser or download any of my content. I just can't be bothered.  So I've been filling my time with other things.

This month I'll be finishing up my cake decorating course, and I start my French language course on the 19th. I used to be fluent some decades ago, so I signed up for the beginner level. There are 3 in total. I should finish all 3 by summer next year.

After I finish French, I want to sign up for some oil painting and piano classes. There are interest classes I want to take too, but for now this is enough. After that I'll do a 3rd language, not sure which one yet.

I've been putting off taking some fun classes for far too long and decided that this year was the year to start.  Other things I want to take are:

Just wanting to say hi to all of my friends. I stop into Chat from time-to-time, but since I stopped using Poser, I haven't been posting to the forums, but I do read them occasionally.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 3:07 AM

hi, good to hear from you.

You might update your Poser part of your signature by the way :) or :(

Did you know about that great program out there for posing models and stuff, with 24/7 availability, as examples for people on (oil) painting? You might give it a try.

Comments from painters (and photographers) on our Poser images are very welcome, you don't have to make them yourself.

Chinese and Spanish might be good choices for 3rd language. I must disadvise on Dutch.

have fun, see ya

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

saibabameuk ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 3:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.alexprowse.com/Painting-in-Studio/

file_497780.png

> Quote - Hi everyone! > I'm still around; alive and kicking. some oil painting and piano classes. I've been putting off taking some fun classes for far too long and decided that this year was the year to start.  Other things I want to take are:Just wanting to say hi to all of my friends. I stop into Chat from time-to-time, but since I stopped using Poser, I haven't been posting to the forums, but I do read them occasionally.

Nice to here from you one of your old chumbs Ben is telling artits how to oil paint, why don't you go and see him. The Pandhari Bhajan group

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 4:04 AM

I want to do landscape paintings so Poser wouldn't help me with that.

So far as languages, I want to learn something that I can communicate with people on a regular basis with. I work in healthcare and there are certain languages that I encounter on a pretty regular basis (French, Cree Indian, Low German and Punjabi).  My best friend is from Pakistan and I spend a great deal of time with her family, and when together they usually speak Punjabi.  Being around them so often I can understand some of what they say, but cannot communicate with them in their language.

BadKittehCo ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 5:47 AM

kitteh waves

___
Renderosity Store  Personal nick: Conniekat8
Hi, my name is "No, Bad Kitteh, NOO", what's yours? 

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 5:56 AM

Acadia, good to hear from you. You have been an important and active member of the community for a long time. You were the one who always had the links to what we were trying to find, be it a tutorial, a post in the forum, or content.  And you always went out of your way to help the newbies. All this will be remembered, even if you are now turning to other interests. I hope you will post in this forum from time to time, to let us know how you are getting on.

Best wishes for your new endeavours,

Les.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:14 AM

Sounds like a huge blessing that you formatted the content drive per accident. Have fun with all the nuew stuff in life! I'm like you, I hardly use poser anymore, can't be bothered to use it anymore, so much more things in life to do. The only times I use it when I need it for some content in Vue, that's once or twice each month.

Quote - Chinese and Spanish might be good choices for 3rd language. I must disadvise on Dutch.

Hoe kan je dat nou zeggen, Nederlands is toch een prachtige taal, zeker als je echt een uitdaging wilt in het leven :-)

I'll save all of you the time to translate this online....... How can you say that, Dutch is a beautiful language, especially if you want a challenge in life :-)

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 12:15 PM

Always good to hear from you, Linda. 😄

Take Care! :wub:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

TheOwl ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 7:52 PM

Hello Acadia.

I would have been devastated losing all those files. Fortunately I have my external HDs unplugged.

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:17 PM

Dawn was just released, now's the best time to come back.  ;)

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:56 PM

Quote - Hoe kan je dat nou zeggen, Nederlands is toch een prachtige taal, zeker als je echt een uitdaging wilt in het leven :-)

I'll save all of you the time to translate this online....... How can you say that, Dutch is a beautiful language, especially if you want a challenge in life :-)

Heh! I actually understood most of what you wrote.  I learned Danish about 10 years ago in order speak to my then boy friend's family on the telephone in Denmark. Unfortunately another language that I let slip. I can understand some of what I read but I can't speak it anymore.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 9:02 PM

file_497806.gif

> Quote - Hello Acadia. > > I would have been devastated losing all those files. Fortunately I have my external HDs unplugged.

Hontestly I can't say that I was all that bothered by it.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes.  I do miss you guys. 

BionicRooster ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 1:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Always remember, when you wanna get back into 3D art, you can always redownload purchased content, and your chat room buds would be happy to toss you whatever you lost again :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 1:56 AM

Hi Acadia

Just got back from France and it always makes me determined to improve my grasp of the language... then life gets busy again!

Oil painting is something I used to do... and I miss having the time and space to do it in now. You should definitely give that a go! :-)

Rance01 ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 6:58 AM

Acadia, good to hear from you and great to hear you are doing so well.  Best wishes and thanks for all you've done for the board.

Rªnce

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 7:09 AM

Quote - > Quote - Hoe kan je dat nou zeggen, Nederlands is toch een prachtige taal, zeker als je echt een uitdaging wilt in het leven :-)

Heh! I actually understood most of what you wrote.  I learned Danish about 10 years ago in order speak to my then boy friend's family on the telephone in Denmark. Unfortunately another language that I let slip. I can understand some of what I read but I can't speak it anymore.

When people do speak languages like Danish, Swedish or Norwegian, I do pick up words that are similar and I understand some of the other words, but it's still hard to figure out excactly what's being said. When reading it, it seems easier to follow, due to the similarities.

I alwaus found it fun to learn a new language. My German is still pretty good, as is my English. French is rusty, as my Italian let it slip. I'd still love to learn Spanish for some reason, as well as Chinese and Arabic, those may become more and more important in time to come, especially Chinese.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

patslash ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2013 at 3:26 PM

Good to hear from you and good luck with all those interests, I would love to be able to broaden with some courses too!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.