Sun, Oct 6, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Why does vender like strange hairstyles?

trextrex3000 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 12:44 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:10 AM

A lot of hair for V4 is sold to this site, hair which I want to buy is very few.

Will there be the person of a hairstyle sold in this site near you?

I think that vender should make the hairstyle that it is simpler,and is daily.

Thank you!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 1:47 PM

Huh?

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 2:19 PM

Remember that English is not everyone's first language...  😉

What styles do you want?  If you post examples, we can give advice. 

Poser includes many of Kozaboro's hair items that can be fitted to V4 by scaling and adjusting.  Here are some others...

http://digitalbabes.jp/dload1.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 2:35 PM

DAZ3D and RuntimeDNA also have different styles.  Have you checked out those sites?

trextrex3000 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 4:10 PM

I thank you for reading it through.

Thank you for your reply!

WandW

I have been using Kozaboro's hair items for a long time, too.

However, I do not think that other hair items which are better
than Kozaboro's hair items is released now.

hborre

Of course I am a member of DAZ3D and RuntimeDNA.

And I check hair items for V4 frequently in those sites.

I want hair items looking good with the modern story.

I think that there is much hair items for fantasy.

Some hair items does not match a modern story.

Even if some hair items is for modern stories,

it is like a hairstyle for fashion models and is very strange.

And those hair items is missing in reality.

Thank you!

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 8:26 PM

Short or long hair? 

Take a look at Quarker's hair, Bice, Out of Touch, 3Dream and Mairy.  There are others but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

AprilYSH and Neftis have good hairs over at DAZ.  Also check Lady LittleFox's hair both at DAZ and RDNA.  Nancy hair for V4 is a long normal hair.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2013 at 10:28 PM

I agree with icprncss2, those mentioned vendors do release natural, regular hairstyles. Could you give us an example of what you are looking for?

trextrex3000 ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2013 at 3:05 AM

I purchased "Reby Sky Elite Hair" and "Cindy Short Hair" which looked good in DAZ.

I will use these for my works.

I have Cynx Hair, Laura Hair and Sleeky Hair by:outoftouch, Bice, too.

However, I was not able to use them for a work.

As a tendency of "outoftouch, Bice", a forelock tends to cover the eyes of right and left either.

I cannot imagine that the woman of such a hairstyle works in an office.

"Quarker" does not have good feel of a material of the hair.

I think hair item of "3Dream and Mairy" to be unnatural generally other than "Lua UpDo TINT".

"AprilYSH"and "Neftis", the hairstyle of the man is passable,

but the hairstyle for women is strong in a tendency of classic or fantasy.

It is hard to use "AprilYSH" in the modern story.

Of course there is the hairstyle usable a little.

However, I think that there is few it.

There are too many hairstyles surprised at if I see it in a town.

And I am disappointed even if I find the hairstyle that seems to be usable

because quality of hair is bad.

I hope that vendor realizes that the hairstyle of the fashion magazine is special.

Is my ideal high?

Thank you!

icprncss2 ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2013 at 7:18 AM

I'm at a loss as to how to help you. 

No matter what anyone suggests, you have a negative answer. 

If you know anything about women's hairstlyes (since that seems to be what you want), you would know that there are classic hair styles.  Ponytails, braids, french braids, ect.  Hairstylists often go for what they call the "modern take on the classic hairstyle".  Have you ever purchased a hair style magazine?  Not a fashion magazine but a magazine devoted to just hairstyles?  Have you ever gone into a high end salon and looked through either their style books (or if they are really high end their digital books)?  Just about any style you can imagine (and even some you can't) can be found in them.  My stylist once told me that the main limit to any particular style is how much time, effort and money a person wants to put into maintaining that style. 

In the end you are left with a couple of choices: if you can't find a style that fits your needs, learn to paint hair in postwork.  If you find a hair that fits your needs but the texture doesn't, fix it in postwork or find an extension pack that has the textures you want.  If you have a style but it lacks the morphs you want, learn to use magnets or the morph brush to give you the morphs you want.  Learn how to create transmaps and textures to give you textures and styles to "fix" the styles you already have.  Or, learn to model your own hair and you can then have whatever style you want whatever way you want.

Sorry but I have no other answers for you. 

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2013 at 8:47 AM
Site Admin

3Dream's and Mairy's hair may seem unrealistic to you but they have a ton of morphs and can change a lot.   One of my favourites is Akaste hair which has many variations.   Sometimes not all are shown in the product promos.    StudioArtVartanian has many modern hairstyles again with many morphs to get different looks.    A third favourite is ali who has both fantasy and realistic hair.  

Hope you find what you're looking for.

trextrex3000 ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2013 at 12:05 PM

icprncss2
Kalypso

I do not deny that my answer is negative.

And it approves of you that I should make an effort by myself a little more.

It may be that my opinion is strange.

However, is most purchaser really satisfied in sold hair items?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2013 at 1:15 PM

There are so many hair stylrs out there, and I agree with the OP that most of it is ... not really what you'd see on real people's heads. On fashion photogtraphs, sure, but in the train/bus/on the street? Not so much.

But they are out there, the "normal" hair styles. It's just that I've often found that when I finally find a hair style I like, the actual .. well I hesitate to call it quality, because the model itself may be great but then the transmap is so crude it's practically unusable. I've turned down most of Alis hair on that account - the style is great but judging from the promo pics.. the hair doesn't look REAL enough, and it's a shame with all the amazing things we have available like EZ Skin ect.. that a render falls short because the hair doesnt' look like real hair.

Lately I've started rendering with Reality3, and when you get a render that looks REAL in all other aspects, the right or wrong hair will really make or break the picture.

One hairdo I keep returning to is the Wild Hair. It has all sorts of movement morphs, so even if the character tilts his/her head, you can make the hair look natural, this is a thing many merchants forget: Gravity morphs for the hair.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 7:02 PM

I both understand and sympathize with your issue.  Like TrekkieGrrrl I tend to rely on the now unavailable Wild Hair.  But it does no good to emphasize what you don't want and speak in generalities.  If it helps you to vent, then great, but it doesn't help anyone in terms of actually being able make something you'd want.

If you want someone to make something for you, focus on what you want and post specific references.  If out of the hundreds of hairstyles sold and given away free you only like a tiny, tiny handful, your tastes are specific and particular.  If you were saying, something No one can meet those specific and particular standards without seeing examples of the real hair styles you're interested in.  I'd personally suggest trying to find references for only one or two styles to begin with. 

And generally speaking, when you want someone to take somewhere around 40 hours of their life to make something for you, you might want to try more positivity.  I know you're just trying to make your problem clear, but you're doing it by criticizing (though not unkindly or inaccurately) very skilled work.  Your average content creator isn't going to look at the list of hair vendors whose work you're not satisfied with and think, "I can please this person."  Encouragement is a powerful motivator.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 07 October 2013 at 9:58 PM

Just a thought and I do this all the time....look at the material zones on the hair and try hiding the bangs that fall into the persons eyes if their is such a material zone in a hair that is close to your desire. If the hair line behind the bangs in not realistic looking when you hide the bangs or even part of the bangs then try some other hair. Also remember if the hair does not have a zone you need use the grouping tool and create one yourself and assign a new zone to it and make it 100 percent transparent.

If my character is wearing a hairstyle in what I will call an elegant scene where they should look perfectly couifed, I will hide the fines if the hair has them to make it more elegant and refined.

Also consider using magnets to move hairs around and or out of their eyes. Never tried the morph brush to do the same.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

shante ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 11:10 AM

Have you tried looking at Ali's hair styles? He sells a few here and has a site where he sells other. I love his work both for hair and fantasy figures.

www.mankahoo.com

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 12:23 PM · edited Tue, 08 October 2013 at 12:24 PM

Wren Hair just came out at DAZ, which is a very nice style, but it is for Genesis.  It could be exported from Studio as a Cr2 to use in Poser....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2013 at 4:31 PM

Take a look in the Renderosity Marketplace for any hair by Fabiana. Beautiful, stylish, in great taste and realistic :). Can't go wrong :)

Laurie

trextrex3000 ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 1:56 PM

Shante
WandW
LaurieA

I'll check them out.

TrekkieGrrrl
grichter

I did devise made by oneself until now, but do devise more.

kobaltkween

You're absolutely right.

I have confused all of you by not having shown my favorite specific example.

In that point, I must apologize.

But, Would you search images in search engine, key word "modern hairstyles"?

Then you will discover a lineup like hair items in renderosity there.

These most photographs are things of scene of award ceremonies or fashion photograph.

Most hairstyles in these photographs is unusual.

Do most venders misunderstand these search results for "modern hairstyles"?

It will be difficult for hiarstyle of the character in "modern dramas" to be made from these images.

HOSTAGES, HOMELAND, ARROW, CSI, Grey's Anatomy, LOST etc...

Ellen Pompeo, Katie Cassidy, Claire Danes,

If venders make high quality hairstyles to come up to these dramas, I think that they become popular.

At least I want their hairstyle in modern drama.

Thank You!!

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 16 October 2013 at 5:21 PM

If what you want is not in the store, why don't you make it yourself? Dynamic hair may not be too easy to make, but you can literally do everything with it.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.