Sat, Sep 21, 2:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Keeping a face morh in an animation

lookoo ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 5:36 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Hi Gang,

As someone who has been using Poser for 12 years I feel abit embarrrassed asking this question but here it is:

I am playing with a walk animation pose which uses loads of key frames. Silly thing is, my custom face morph is replaced by the V4 zero dials as soon as the loaded animation frames set in. How do I keep the head at a constant morph level so that my delightful face morphs don't get deleted with every new frame?

I know, the answer must be pretty basic but I don't get it...

I'm using Poser Pro 2014.

Thanks in advance!

JimTS ( ) posted Thu, 07 November 2013 at 8:03 PM

In the keyframe panel set the morph to Constant

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

lookoo ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 10:48 AM

Thanks, but that didn't solve it. I had to mark the head for the rest of the animation and "deleta all key frames" after the morph was loaded. The character isn't blinking any more but at least her face stays the same.

Tunesy ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 11:15 PM · edited Sat, 09 November 2013 at 11:24 PM

Walk Designer creates a key frame for every rotation in every element of the figure for every frame.  lol.  I don't think it creates keys for morphs though.  Anyway, it creates a mountain of key frames.  I know of two ways to deal with it.  One is what you already did:  delete keys as needed.  The other option that I started doing a long time ago is to ditch walk designer altogether and just create the walk cycle manually.  It only requires the creation of two poses which you will then mirror.  The pose dots come in handy for this process.  Creating walk cycles manually also makes it easier to add ambient motion without all those other keys gunking up the works.  I've animated a lot in Poser but never used animation layers much.  There might be a solution there as well.  I don't know.

edit -- fiddling around with walk designer now and can't seam to recreate your issue.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 10 November 2013 at 8:14 AM

When you saved the animated pose, I suspect that you used the 'Morph Channels' switch. Thus, if the face morph in question was in a zero state when the pose was saved, of course the pose will reset the face morph to zero when applied.

I suggest that you apply the animated pose to the figure, then resave the pose without selecting the 'Morph Channels' option. This will produce a pose that will not affect any of the morphs.

Alternatively you can edit any specific unwanted morphs out of a pz2 using a Poser file editor, eg the free 'CR2 Editor'. If the pose was saved as a p2z (compressed pose), you may need to convert it to a pz2 before you can edit it, depending on which editor you use.

lookoo ( ) posted Wed, 13 November 2013 at 4:59 AM

Thanks for the kind input! I used a catwalk pose made by SkaMotion for V4. I used it on a custom-morphed weightmapped V4 which worked without problems. Skamotion claims the catwalk animation poses are entirely custom-made without any motion capture. If this is true, this is a true work of art because the motions are so realistic, including keyframed soft tissue movement at the breasts and glutes, ambient movement, change of looks while making a turn during the walk etc, well, it's really well made. I used self-made dynamic cloth and dynamic cloth hair on this and the results look pretty cool right now.My only problem now is what animation setup to use without shutting down my computer for days or even weeks (400 frames now, could grow to close to 800 frames if I let her walk back)

Concerning my plea for help, the face morph issue was resolved by going into the key frame editor and looking carefully enough until I discovered the two face morphs I had combined. Indeed, al I had to do was take the face morph injection frame, mark all subsequent frames in the face morph line and delete all further keyframes. Klicking the "keep constant" tab also eases my mind a lot and kind of yielded the desired results.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.