Fri, Sep 20, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Ok here she is! My first Poser gal.

dancineyes ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 3:18 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

file_213430.jpg

Thank you all for your help. You have been wonderful! Please give me suggestions I know I need alot! :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 4:04 AM

You did great, love the lighting...I am sure you worked hard on her, really wonderful job. Should have seen my first Poser girl, scary, but yours very nice.

Cheryle ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 4:13 AM

really well done for your first ;0 mine had plastic hair and plastic clothes! ;) keep it up! great job! ;)

Wizzard ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 4:13 AM

Nicely done dancin 8 ) I"m with Sharen & Mike on this one the lighting's superb 8 ) you did a really good job on the face and chose wisely on the hair and textures... hrmmm.... ye want suggestions eh? ko.. here's one... but only one this time 8 ) well.. maybe two.. I think you'll find if you "preset" the figure so everything but the pupils, toungue and innermouth as white, that the textures will come out "cleaner" 8 ) hrmmmm... now the rough one 8 ) the right eye's a touch out of sync with the left.. giving a slightly walleyed look.. if you either rotate the right in a little or the left it'll look a little bettre 8 ) unless that's the look you wished in which case.. never mind 8 ) still.. very nicely done.. Cheers

Irish ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 7:22 AM

Great job! I wouldn't even have wanted to show my first attempts but this is great. Looking forward to for further images! Irene

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 12:59 PM

Makes you wonder what she's thinking about...lol I love the expression and the eyes. You are on your way, nice work. Marque

phuturelegend ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 3:09 PM

Hey that is great for a first attempt. Ive spent two days now learning Poser and i havent created anything that DOESN'T look like an Action Man figure or a Barby doll :) Still i keep looking at this and sites like it, and im inspired everytime i see a great peice of work like this. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you from start to finish? Keep it up and if youve got any hints or tips i need em all :) Nice1 daz

dancineyes ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 4:24 PM

Hey Guys thanks for your complements! Couldn't of done it without your tips. Hey Daz, it actually took me from about 11:00pm last night till 4:00am this morning! I understand totally what your feeling. I'll tell ya, go to a post a made yesterday: Is there any end to it??? (in the Poser forum) and read what everyone had to say. There are some really good tips that everyone gave. That is how I finally got hair! I mean real hair not what I like to call Lego Land hair. You are defiantly at the right place. Everyone here is eager to help and they have some good tutorials on this site. As well as tons of free stuff! A trick I learned last night is play with the lighting. I only used the P4's original texture (added some color to lips, skin, and eyelashes) but the lighting I think made her look better. I just kinda figured the texture thing out this AM (I think) and will be trying to work with it more now. Good Luck, I'm sure you will do great! Thanks for your complements. Dancineyes (Missy) Oh by the way Daz I'm from Delaware, OH...That is all I'll say there...Nothing much happens here... :)

shadownet ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 4:42 PM

First off this is really great for a first attempt. I do not really have much in the way of suggestions for improvement but I do have a couple of suggestions you might like to try just to see how it looks. (1) you might try a higher focal setting on your camera 55mm or higher. You might have to adjust the DollyZ or scale to get the figure back in frame but you may find this higher setting gives you a better looking render. (2) try turning the cast shadow off all but 1 or maybe two of the lights you are using by going to the light properties window (select the light you want and click on object/properties on the menubar to open the properties window). On the light(s) you leave with the shadow turned on, be sure and adjust the Map Size to 1024 or maybe higher and the Shadow dial at 1.00 you might want to bump down to .7 or so to soften the shadow a bit. A setting of 1 gives you a dark shadow and 0 gives almost no shadow, with the numbers in between going in degree from dark to light (1 to 0). Also, remember the color you pick for the light has an effect as well, so be sure and try some different color lights just to see what happens. Anyhow, that should give you a few new things to try out at any rate. Keep up the great work. Rob

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 5:03 PM

She's lovely. I like the way you lit her.

BladeWolf ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2001 at 11:31 PM

Good for starters :) Keep it up :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.