Sun, Oct 6, 3:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Need help in Stone, Rock Matmatic shader

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 5:03 PM

Quote - @Bagginsbill: Is it still your intention to upload the latest version of Matmatic?

I quickly put an update (Matmatic 1.6.0) on my site. Have a look and let me know if there are problems.

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/matmatic

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 5:38 PM

I remember I had a folder of PP2012 specific shaders. Some were a few different versions of glass with the new Fresnel edge blend.  There was the styrofoam shader, a candy pink metal, backdrop material, marble, candlewax...you had a discussion somewhere with LaurieA where you showed a formula that was IMO great for nail polish so I made a folder of that.  I was over at RuntimeDNA last night grabbing those first screenshots of materials you made when P9/PP2012 was new and I built the shaders for those last night (Jade, Pinkstone, yellowstone, blue, white, shower curtain). And I found the Jamesmaterial shader for VSS.  I had a folder dedicated to the discussions on skin, eyes, teeth shaders. I'm not sure what all I have lost. I should have back it up to my external drive. Two nights before the computer died, I must have had a premonition because I backed up the work folder for my most recent V4/Dawn character and all sorts of important saved documents to a thumbdrive.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 11:41 PM

Quote - > Quote - @Bagginsbill: Is it still your intention to upload the latest version of Matmatic?

I quickly put an update (Matmatic 1.6.0) on my site. Have a look and let me know if there are problems.

Thank you :) 

Matmatic is one of the most gorgeous Poser scripts. Love it a lot.

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Sat, 09 November 2013 at 11:46 PM

Quote - > Quote - Here a close up. Please ignore the not matching textures. I am still puzzling 😊

Just to show what I mean and for what i need the shaders. :)

Hmmm - these sculpted objects in gritty stone really don't need a "shader" - i.e. the finish is matte - just diffuse. There is little or no importance to scattering. There is no shine.

What you really need is a correct displacement map to go with the sculpted shapes. As I started to show, this is mostly about texture and shape.

I can help with faking displacements for certain situations, and if you have even a simple bump map, I can do a lot with that.

Till now I have no Maps finish. Still puzzle and blend.

But as soon I have them done ( maps) I would be more than happy to ask you for help for fake displace:)

The stairs will need a good shader, because there will be no sculted stuff.

This set will also have some other stone, rock elements which will have no sculted stuff inside too.

Many thanks for your help BB :)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2013 at 3:32 AM

Quote - I quickly put an update (Matmatic 1.6.0) on my site. Have a look and let me know if there are problems.

No problems so far :-)

Thank you

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

Snarlygribbly ( ) posted Mon, 11 November 2013 at 4:52 AM

Er, I just noticed that the script reports itself as being version 1.3?

Free stuff @ https://poser.cobrablade.net/

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 12 November 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quote - > Quote - @Bagginsbill: Is it still your intention to upload the latest version of Matmatic?

Wow, that's awesome... downloaded... I will have a look and a play too...

I don't seem to get e-bots reliably anymore, so only just spotted this thread had gone somewhere good!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 3:00 AM

I'm getting this error when I try to set Scatter_Group for Scatter nodes:
AttributeError: 'Scatter' object has no attribute 'Scatter_Group'

Along with references to files on your personal computer.

Perhaps there's something special I need to do?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 6:46 AM

The reference to my paths are because Python is stupid and tells you where those .pyc files were when I compiled them, not where they were when you ran them.

I'm afraid I don't know what is happening to you. I'm away from home without Poser, but I downloaded matmatic 1.6.0 from my site, made a fake poser module so I could load it into ordinary Python, and I verified that the attribute is there.

dir(nodes.Scatter) ['Apple', 'Chicken1', 'Chicken2', 'Color', 'Cream', 'Inputs', 'Ketchup', 'Marble', 'Material', 'MaxError', 'PType', 'Potato', 'Scale', 'Scatter_Group', 'Skimmilk', 'Skin1', 'Skin2', 'Texture_Detail', 'Use_Material_Color', 'Wholemilk', 'abs', 'add', 'class', 'delattr', 'dict', 'div', 'doc', 'format', 'ge', 'getattribute', 'gt', 'hash', 'init', 'le', 'lt', 'mod', 'module', 'mul', 'neg', 'new', 'pow', 'radd', 'rdiv', 'reduce', 'reduce_ex', 'repr', 'rmod', 'rmul', 'rpow', 'rsub', 'setattr', 'sizeof', 'str', 'sub', 'subclasshook', 'weakref', 'asNumber', 'checkAsNumber', 'collectPMNodes', 'defName', 'emit', 'emitAuto', 'emitTrailer', 'getHeight', 'getName', 'guardUnknownSets', 'height', 'init', 'inputsCollapsed', 'itype', 'label', 'labelled', 'lvl', 'mapColorIf2', 'name', 'pmColumn', 'pmIndex', 'pos', 'showPreview', 'suffix', 'suffixed']

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 7:52 AM

I actually tried deleting my files and reinstalling them, and it still gives me that error.  I'm not sure what else to try, but I'll keep poking at it.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 8:13 AM · edited Sat, 30 November 2013 at 8:27 AM

Oh!  It's also saying:

Matmatic Version  1.3.0
Matmatic poserHome = C:Program FilesPoser Pro 2014

I notice SnarlyGribbly is having it say it's still 1.3 also.  Trying to find more files to delete or replace.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 8:48 AM

I am sure I forgot to update the version string. This is unfortunate.

The thing is, you seem to have the Scatter node. Since it was added, I don't recall changes. I would suggest that you put the following into a shader script and see what it says:

print dir(Scatter)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sat, 30 November 2013 at 9:43 AM

Oh, it's not a problem.  I was just thinking maybe it was an indicator of some kind. 

This is so weird.

Until I asked for the feedback, it was performing as if it were version 1.4, which is the version RevisionHistory.txt said had Scatter but not Scatter group.  Mind, I had updated to 1.5 some  time ago.  I deleted the files before replacing them, restarted, and none of it helped.  Then I added the print statement, and it gave me what seems to be the same thing you posted.

material
['Apple', 'Chicken1', 'Chicken2', 'Color', 'Cream', 'Inputs', 'Ketchup', 'Marble', 'Material', 'MaxError', 'PType', 'Potato', 'Scale', 'Scatter_Group', 'Skimmilk', 'Skin1', 'Skin2', 'Texture_Detail', 'Use_Material_Color', 'Wholemilk', 'abs', 'add', 'class', 'delattr', 'dict', 'div', 'doc', 'format', 'ge', 'getattribute', 'gt', 'hash', 'init', 'le', 'lt', 'mod', 'module', 'mul', 'neg', 'new', 'pow', 'radd', 'rdiv', 'reduce', 'reduce_ex', 'repr', 'rmod', 'rmul', 'rpow', 'rsub', 'setattr', 'sizeof', 'str', 'sub', 'subclasshook', 'weakref', 'asNumber', 'checkAsNumber', 'collectPMNodes', 'defName', 'emit', 'emitAuto', 'emitTrailer', 'getHeight', 'getName', 'guardUnknownSets', 'height', 'init', 'inputsCollapsed', 'itype', 'label', 'labelled', 'lvl', 'mapColorIf2', 'name', 'pmColumn', 'pmIndex', 'pos', 'showPreview', 'suffix', 'suffixed']

And now Scatter_Group works for me. It also started saying whether or not the material had changed, which it didn't before that.  But it's still overlapping nodes.  Which isn't a problem at all for me, just an indicator that it's somehow using old information.  It's like Poser keeps information in cache somewhere that needs to update. 

But I can't say.  All I actually know is that I did have a problem with Scatter_Group after deleting the original files, installing twice and restarting, and now I don't.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.