Sun, Oct 6, 6:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Got any Dawn renders you want to share?

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2013 at 2:53 PM

Quote - I have another take on my teen characters for Dawn.  I will upload them to my gallery soon.

Anonedel, that teen character of yours is the best I've seen done with a poser figure. Do you have any tips on how to reproduce what you did to get Dawn to look like that.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2013 at 7:26 PM

file_500197.jpg

> Quote - Wow! RAMWolff, hardly ever see you prowling these forums. Unfortunately since the split I don't frequent the DAZ forums much, and I just lurk occasionally around the HiveWire forums. Nice to see you!

HIYA,

Yea, I've been very involved with Dawn since her release.  I have BrunoD for Dawn in development and a bunch of clothing and working on some environment stuff right now. 

Nice to see ya.  I've mostly over at the Hivewire forums. 

DAZ just ignores Dawn and with good reason but if I need a Dawn fix then Hivewire is where I go to get all the new gossip and what not. 

Land mass you see is one of the 13 morphs I've made for my SphereEnviron I'm developing.  Mixing them up gives you endless posiblities.  I just don't know how I'm going to get all this over to the Poser users since I'm primarily a DAZ Studio and ZBrush user!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2013 at 10:15 PM · edited Sun, 15 December 2013 at 10:17 PM

Not to derail the thread, but is it a problem of file format or some other difference? Not trying to be funny, I honestly don't know. I've used Studio maybe once since it came out and that was version 2 something.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 15 December 2013 at 10:20 PM · edited Sun, 15 December 2013 at 10:21 PM

Quote - Not to derail the thread, but is it a problem of file format or some other difference? Not trying to be funny, I honestly don't know. I've used Studio maybe once since it came out and that was version 2 something.

Well in the DS realm folks want native so that's .duf file format and Poser it would be either PP2 or CR2 depending on how the morphs are saved out.  I've exported once from DS using a script to create a PP2 and it's all fine for the most part BUT what happens is that if there is tiling that is ignored in the surfaces area of the PP2 file so all that's lost.  In the .duf files it's not, it loads up exactly how it's saved out. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 17 December 2013 at 3:12 AM · edited Tue, 17 December 2013 at 3:13 AM

Tiling textures takes about 3 seconds to do in Poser, and will reload if saved in your preset (prop, figure, or anything that has materials) the way all settings in materials will.  I'm assuming, of course, that you're tiling the texture and not UV mapping to tile the way Stonemason and other resource conservationists do (maps take up much more resources than polys- they need to be uncompressed to be used).  Don't get me wrong, I hate having to recreate work in general, but it shouldn't be an actual problem. 

So if that is a difficulty for you, I can show you how to do it.  I tile textures in my hair materials all the time.

722 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2014 at 9:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_501555.jpg

z brsh work  only on the body

722 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2014 at 9:54 PM

file_501556.jpg

A posed wip

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2014 at 10:59 PM

Forearms look a little thing but keep at it!

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2014 at 11:17 PM

thing=thin. Typo.

722 ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2014 at 1:00 AM

Thanks Teyon i will try to remember the forearms  next time i sculpt

P.S. love your work big fan

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2014 at 12:03 PM

Aw, now ya got me blushing. :) Looking forward to seeing more. Love looking at what people do with Poser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.