Mon, Sep 9, 1:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:02 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: resolution

darquevision ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2013 at 12:36 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 11:07 AM

i am wondering what ppl think is best resolution for decent 16:9 output. i will later take it to premire at 720 24fps and export from AE at 720.

i am wondering how do ppl think rendering at 576 would hold up.

eventually uploaded to youtube and other sites.

poserpro 2010/ adobe suite cs5

thank you in advance

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2013 at 10:14 AM

Attached Link: https://vimeo.com/user20393565/videos/

Hi

I've done animation in Poser for a long time and I've experimented a lot with different formats and rendering techniques.

What I've finally settled on for most things I do is either 1600 by 900 or 1280 by 720, at 30 fps.

If I want a really high quality output then I go to 1920 by 1080.

The secret is, don't use the firefly renderer, instead output your video using the Preview Renderer, and just spend the time to make it look right there.

Set the texture resolution to 4,096 so that you get nice clean detail and turn off Hardware Shading and Antialising.

This reduces the output time for the video to a fraction of the time that it takes using firefly.

I can output 3,000 frames of video (about a minute and a half) in abut 15 to 20 minutes, instead of literally, hours for the same clip.

The animation is more about the animation then the rendering.  If at some point you want to render your video you can always come back and do it later, but I usually do a clip many times before I get exactly what I want.

The larger size i.e. 1920 by 1080 compensates for the lower complexity of the rendering to some extent, plus what you see in the preview window is what you get when you output it.  It still takes a fraction of the time that it would take to do a much smaller animation in Firefly.

Here's a link to some of my videos, so you can judge for yourself whether the rendering is good enough or not for what you want to do.

I edit the movies in Premier Elements 12, one nice feature is that if you redo your render later, and name it the same, PE will place the new one into your video automatically you don't have to go back and reedit the final video again.  You can use this feature to make stereo 3D video by substituting the left, right eye clips.

When done I output the final video from PE at what ever resolution is suitable for the use, but I always output a master video at the full resolution of the original.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

darquevision ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2013 at 11:52 AM · edited Thu, 19 December 2013 at 11:54 AM

hey mike

thanx for the response. your resolution is really good and the photo bg works well.

generally speaking my final result is preview(on account of time) but i anti alise- it has always felt smoother.

a few issues i have run into are hair, in preview it can be a nightmare, but i have found some that look good or settled for a body texture with hair(but it only really works for males). one sided texture on certian models, again found some that are not one sided or found a way around it. lastly i have noticed when rendering to avi some strange pixelation happens over certian surfaces- making the footage unuseable. for this i was alerted to the image export feature, which for the most part solves it.

and a certianly going to test out your technique.

thanx again                               

here is the kinda things i am working on  http://www.youtube.com/user/darquevision

poisinivy ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2013 at 5:57 PM

I render all my POser and Daz  animations at 16.9HD values 1920 x 1080 @ 30fps. I save in AVI Uncompressed for film editing in HD values , they create very large scene files , and the render times can be days pre scene. but the results are worth it.  My short films can take as much as 6 months to complete.

To edit my Poser and Daz film animations I will use Adobe Premiere Pro cs5 and save in H-.264 HD 1920X 1080 29.9 spf.  I use premiere because it also has better audio editing at the same time as film eidting which is very helpful. when doing Multible tracks layouts. plus After effects plugins into Premiere so it great if you want to add FX to your poser films

you can't achive 16.9 1080 HD with out rendering your project in 1920 x 1080  and save in H,264 anything rendered less in resloution will come out 750 HD DVA - or non HD. DVA

Also keep in mind some poser fx like fog cameras and atmophere cams will make avi renders grainy something to do with the interlacing of the camera actions so best to do effects in layers , I found this out by exprience..lol

Good luck

MikeMoss ( ) posted Thu, 19 December 2013 at 11:11 PM

Hi

I should have added that I import the Video Backgrounds into Poser for Posing and Timing.

But I export the video without it, and green screen the Poser content into the film in PE 12.

If you do want to export the video backgrounds from Poser you need to use ScreeD.

I often do the film in full HD even though I know it's not going to get used that way.  I have a 27 inch 3D monitor and do some of the videos in Stereo using nVidia 3D vision.

I can show these to people at home but have no way to share them online.

I'm experimenting with combining Poser content with video that already been shot in stereo I've had some luck, but that's a project in the works.

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you need a silencer?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.