Tue, Oct 22, 6:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Poser 8 and Windows 7 Pro

goido ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2014 at 8:37 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:27 AM

Is Poser 8 compatible with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit?  Thanks.

willyb53 ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2014 at 9:08 PM

It should if you have the latest SR.  Note that some have had problems if IE11 has been installed.

Latest SR at http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser8updates.html

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Schurby ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2014 at 8:05 AM

I use 8 on Windows 7 Pro, but be sure to use Explorer 10. Or you will have problems with your Library showing.

Schurby

goido ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2014 at 10:48 AM

Thank you guys, I just got my new computer and I was planning on putting my library on my E: drive because my C: drive is a SSD and it is super fast but does not have lots of room. I will check which Explorer it has eventhough I use mostly Chrome. Hopefully with the library in a different drive it will not be a conflict if I have Explorer 11 pre installed.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2014 at 4:42 AM

Quote - Thank you guys, I just got my new computer and I was planning on putting my library on my E: drive because my C: drive is a SSD and it is super fast but does not have lots of room. I will check which Explorer it has eventhough I use mostly Chrome. Hopefully with the library in a different drive it will not be a conflict if I have Explorer 11 pre installed.

I have the same setup and it seems to work fine.  The E drive is accelerated by using another SSD fitted to the motherboard but the speed gain is minimal.  I also have taken an image of the C drive in case the SSD fails and back up the E drive on a regular basis.  In theory this should allow me to apply the image to a new SSD and continue or, in the case of an E drive failure, load the backup to a new conventional drive.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

goido ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2014 at 10:36 PM

Quote - > Quote - Thank you guys, I just got my new computer and I was planning on putting my library on my E: drive because my C: drive is a SSD and it is super fast but does not have lots of room. I will check which Explorer it has eventhough I use mostly Chrome. Hopefully with the library in a different drive it will not be a conflict if I have Explorer 11 pre installed.

I have the same setup and it seems to work fine.  The E drive is accelerated by using another SSD fitted to the motherboard but the speed gain is minimal.  I also have taken an image of the C drive in case the SSD fails and back up the E drive on a regular basis.  In theory this should allow me to apply the image to a new SSD and continue or, in the case of an E drive failure, load the backup to a new conventional drive.

I like that, I even have Colud based back ups because installing from scratch or losing files is a pain!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.