Tue, Oct 22, 1:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:46 pm)

Subject: who do you think is the best female character for Daz? (V4.2 or Genesis 2)

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2014 at 12:57 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:55 AM

I am interested in getting a new character here and wondered who you think makes the best (most realisitic and sexy) female character that will work in Daz?

I like the V 4.2 based or Genesis 2 characters. By the way where are the Genesis 2 characters here. 

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2014 at 1:20 PM

IMO, either one can provide very realistic renders.

That being said, if you go with V4, and you are after realism, you may want to consider something like the "Perfect V4 Complete" here at Rendo for better bends. (I believe works fine in DS)

V4 has waaaayyy more character options in the marketplace and freebies.

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2014 at 1:30 PM

I have V4.2 and Genesis 2 base already. I am wondering about adding a new character. 

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2014 at 1:57 PM

oh...  :tongue1:

V4 Elite body shapes, and V4 Elite Natasha or Ariana 

markht ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2014 at 3:58 PM

Quote - I am interested in getting a new character here and wondered who you think makes the best (most realisitic and sexy) female character that will work in Daz?

I like the V 4.2 based or Genesis 2 characters. By the way where are the Genesis 2 characters here. 

V4.2 is an older base character and has some obvious bending flaws. As 3doutlaw said, you need something like "Perfect V4 Complete" to fix those. Both Genesis 1 and 2 are much better at bending. There is a "Beautiful Bends for Genesis 2 Female" product in the DAZ store, but I do not have it. Perhaps this makes the bends even better in some way, but I don't see obvious bending problems with G2F the way I do with V4.2.

Genesis 2 is the new base character for DAZ, and most of the top PAs that sell in the DAZ store are concentrating on G2F characters now. A number of PAs here are starting to offer G2F characters. Go to Dept. -> Characters -> Genesis 2/V6. There are about 20 characters there. 

In the forums at DAZ several PAs have said they are concentrating on G2F/M products, because they just sell much better at DAZ than V4 or Genesis 1 products. Here and at other 3rd party stores I suspsect they still sell more V4 products, but I have been surprised at the number of PAs here that are turning out G2F/M products for sale here.

If you want to get characters that come with good skins setup to use the AoA subsurface shader in DAZ, that pretty much means G2F/M characters.  I don't know of any V4 characters that have been released with AoA SSS skins, even in the DAZ store. At this point, I suspect most PAs developing V4 products are concentrating on the Poser market. They will come with Poser SSS skin material that does not work well in DAZ (certainly doesn't give you any SSS). If you can learn how to create your own AoA SSS material for characters that only come with Poser materials, then sticking with V4 gives you access to a lot more characters now.

I use to use both V4 and Genesis 1 characters, but I am in the process of switching over to G2F/M for almost everything. I'm egarely awaiting the release of Gen X2, so I can transform body shapes from V4 to G2F. I already have transformed a number of V4 skins to G2F and AoA SSS shader.

Ther new HD moroph technology from DAZ also is mostly available for G2F/M. HD morphs apparently can work on Genesis 1 too, but not on V4/M4. For young men/women, the HD morph technology is not a big thing, unless you are making very large closeup renders.

If you are using DAZ Studio, it seems that G2F/M are where the latest and best technology are available, but there is no question there still are way more products available for V4.

Aristoc1 ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2014 at 9:44 AM · edited Tue, 04 March 2014 at 9:47 AM

of those 20 characters under Genesis 2/ V6...I was looking at them.. will they all work on the Genesis 2 ? or do I need V6?

thanks mark.

jestmart ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2014 at 12:06 PM

Genesis 2 equals generation 6, if the character has a 6 after the name it is for Genesis 2.  The only exception is some of the new HD morphs, they work best on the character they were modelled on.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2014 at 2:29 PM

Characters for V6 may require the morph for the shape, or they may require the UV Set for the textures - if they say for V6 alone then at least one of those should be needed.

markht ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2014 at 5:53 PM

Quote - of those 20 characters under Genesis 2/ V6...I was looking at them.. will they all work on the Genesis 2 ? or do I need V6?

thanks mark.

Some that say they are for V6 also claim to work without V6, although the appearence will be a little different. If you look at the promo images for "P3D Noa for Victoria 6", "Sabby-Lucy for Victoria 6" and "Sabby-Reagan for Victoria 6" they all have promo images of what the character looks like if you do not own V6. To my eye, it is not very different.  I assume you will also get an error saying the V6 morph was not not found when you inject the shape, but that error can be ignored.

If the PA is making the claim that you can use the character without V6, then the character must not be using the V6 UVs. The skin must be using either the default base female UVs or the V5 UVs that the free version of G2F supports.

Some the characters say you need the Genesis 2 Female Head/Body Morphs, which need to be purchased from the DAZ store.   Almost all G2F character will require this morph pack.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.