Sun, Oct 6, 1:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Essentials Category Highly Annoying!

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 11:26 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:26 AM

Some of the vendors are dumping most of their clothing or various items into it and then taking them out of the categories they belong to, which is extremely annoying, since then you're expected to sift through a product stew.

I mean, I don't care what anyone put in their essentials category, just as long as the products are also found where they are supposed to be (characters, morphs, and people textures in the characters section, clothing models and textures in the clothing section, etc.)

Is there anyway you (Rendo staff) could get them to NOT do this?  It makes shopping their vendor pages tedious, and makes me not want to purchase any of their products.  Seriously.

And any PAs reading this, please don't remove your products from their necessary categories.  It makes finding them on your vendor page a pain in the ass, and unless O (or most other customers) know better, they're going to assume that you only have as many clothing/etc. items as listed in that category, rather than looking in  the Essentials hodgepodge.

BTW, I SERIOUSLY hope this isn't something that Rendo is doing without the vendors' permission, because if so, you are doing both them and their customers a massived disservice.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 11:45 AM

What the hell?!  Now I KNOW it isn't the vendors' fault!  Why have you done this?  Why have you dumped all of the characters and clothing together into "essentials?"  You're ruining the marketplace for all the vendors and PAs alike, please stop!  I beg you, return it ti what it was before and stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 11:54 AM

My gosh, you can't even browse by sub-category anymore!  It just ends and clothing and hair, and on vendor pages it just ends at essentials!  Why are you doing this?!?>!?>!  WHy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! and why is it that I am the only one who is upset about this?  Why does nobody else seem to realize this is happening, or even AKNOWLEDGE IT on the Renderosity homepage or in any other thread?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 12:41 PM

Please just hang tight as we are in the process of a NEW great search and categories so things are not at all completed in any way, we have to do some adjusting and temporary moving some stuff to get other things ready.. So while we know it might be inconvenient for a second just please bear with us as the end result is going to make it much much better for you all to be able to get very specific with items you want to search and look through.

Thanks for understanding and cooperation during this process.

We will let you all know when everything is as it should be and ready for live launch then we can take in feedback at that point but right now it's just some temporary things we need to do in order to complete the whole process

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 12:59 PM

Okay.  Sorry for freaking out-- hopefully there won't be a hitch :(  Thank you very much for showing such patientce with me. 

How come this was never mentioned in any sort of announcement prior to the beginning of the process, though?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 2:32 PM

Well we didn't realize some of the temporary things it would take to get the complete project done would be anything that would at all affect you at all but then of course we ran into some things that cause a few temporary changes that will just be a for a few days.

I really really believe you all will be THRILLED at the new search/category filtering system once it's finished and all live on the site .. We will announce it and all the great new features along with it once we are ready. Shouldn't be too long at all!!!

Vaskania ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2014 at 6:06 PM · edited Wed, 11 June 2014 at 6:07 PM

Please tell me figures (V4, Dawn, etc) will now come before content type and not still require me to search everything separately.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

DocMatter ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2014 at 12:32 AM

I really wish you'd have got the whole thing done first.  Without all the catagories I'm used to searching through, I just bought 3 Genesis characters thinking they were Genesis 2 characters.  I know it's my own damn fault for not looking closer, but if the catagories had still been in place, I wouldn't have made that error.  Harrumph!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2014 at 1:59 PM

It will be all complete and amazing before you know it:)  We were trying to do it without having to adjust anything until the whole thing was complete and live but as happens in life things great things sometimes requires a little pain to get to the greatest end result...

joea64 ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2014 at 5:28 PM

I was all ready to lower the boom on you guys about how I can't sort out vendor stores into "Characters", "Hair", etc. anymore :cursing: but now that I see what's actually happening I'll give you some slack. 🆒 Just wish you had done some more beta-testing first...

IceEmpress ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2014 at 6:32 PM

THis had better not end up like the new design of the Freestuff layout....

IceEmpress ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2014 at 2:37 AM

Pkay, WHY is it not fixed yet?  You said only a few days, you had all weekend!  I'm getting sick of this, clearly it's the Freebies all over again!  This is essentially a middle finger to both your vendors and customers!  Where are those nice features you talked about?  Right now, we have far fewer than before! 

Why is noone else pissed off about this?  Why aren't the vendors in particular absolutely livid?

Vaskania ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2014 at 3:59 AM

I'm assuming that the Rosity staff, just like anyone else, enjoys weekends off. Hopefully everything will be back and running like a well oiled machine this week.

What does irk me, is that it was random without warning. No notice to site changes or anything (at least none that I've gotten- apologizes if they were sent out in some fashion).

-----sig-----

IceEmpress ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2014 at 4:47 AM

^^No, they aknowledged in this thread that there was no warning, because they thought that the whole process would only take a couple hours and would go without a hitch.  This greatly upsets me as well.

bobsil ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2014 at 6:15 PM

i know i won't be shoping at renderosity until they fix it!!!!

IceEmpress ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2014 at 7:34 PM

^^It's prettymuch impossible to shop here now unless the item is already on your wishlist.  It still boggles the mind how none of the vendors seem the least bit upset about this.  You'd think they'd be absolutely livid about this at so many levels.

Vaskania ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2014 at 10:12 PM

A lot of people have their favorite vendors and know their names. The ones who make their living at this probably aren't hurting at all because of it. Plus, vendors may be a lot more understanding than you give them credit for. They're doing this day in and day out too. A lot of them have lives, families, full time jobs, etc. They understand things happen.

-----sig-----

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2014 at 3:54 PM · edited Tue, 17 June 2014 at 3:56 PM

^^Untrue.  Some people may only be interested in clothing textures or props, for instance, and this makes it very difficult to navigate their pages. 

Some vendors also sell merchant resources/2D products, which are no longer divided from the essentials.  As I said, this makes it almost impossible to browse for the product you want, now.

As for weekends off, notice how nothing-- not even replies in other threads to the current headway was done yesterday.  Also, considering the current state and how it will hurt sales, shouldn't the staff be obligated to sacrifice and dedicate at least a couple hours on their days off to fix this?  Because I sure as hell would.

Then again, if I were the staff, I'd always do testing and sort out new designs on a dummy site first, to work out all of the bugs/kinks, before implementing it on the site.

Vaskania ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2014 at 6:05 PM

I started using the search box on a vendor's store (ie dawn for dawn stuff, merchant for MRs, etc), but yes I see what you're saying.

As for the off-site testing, I do absolutely 100% agree with this. I used to handle the backend of multiple sites (setup, updates, fixes, etc) and never set anything live until it was tested on a local server first on a full, current copy of the site.

-----sig-----

Kerya ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2014 at 6:21 AM

Weeeeelllll ... it's Wednesday for me ...

Essentially, I don't like it  ... at all.

Vaskania ( ) posted Sat, 21 June 2014 at 3:41 PM · edited Sat, 21 June 2014 at 3:44 PM

I tried to be optimistic in the beginning, but can we please get an update on this? None of the staff has said anything on this in over a week and it doesn't look like much progress has been made as far as finding things goes. I've seen a name change or two, and that's it.

Doesn't anybody have a background in customer service/relations, or at least some logic telling you that your customers are in the dark when they shouldn't be?

If this new system isn't working, pull out the backups and revert it to the way it was until you can fix the bugs on a non-live copy of the site.

-----sig-----

IceEmpress ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 1:43 AM · edited Sun, 22 June 2014 at 1:47 AM

^^Agreed 100%.  If you care about your vendors and customers Renderosity, you'll do this ASAP and from now on use a dummy site to work out the bugs before implementing anything here.  This is getting highly annoying, and there's absolutely no excuse for letting this problem go on so long.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 7:59 AM

my 3 shopping portals all making big changes at the same time. doh. iz hard to shop these days.

rdna is lights out.  daz fiddling with the w/l.

i find the free stuff pages inconvenient.  looks awful in my browser. lots of scrolling down to see the items.  they want me to work for it :lol:

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Vaskania ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2014 at 5:13 PM · edited Sun, 22 June 2014 at 5:14 PM

Quote - my 3 shopping portals all making big changes at the same time. doh. iz hard to shop these days.

I feel your pain, believe me. LOL At the same time I'm saving cash, so I guess that's a plus.

-----sig-----

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.