Thu, Sep 19, 3:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:44 pm)

Subject: Victoria 6 is FREEEEEE!~

Sabby ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 5:20 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:03 PM
Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 5:54 PM

I got one!  Not sure what I'll do with it but ...  I got one! :)

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 7:28 PM

If I ever get my mule/cow box runnimg I could use a DS install so sure since its just another file

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Talos ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2014 at 9:51 PM

What Netherworks said!

Vaskania ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 1:48 AM

Quote - I got one!  Not sure what I'll do with it but ...  I got one! :)

^^That.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:33 AM

Thank you Sabby for the heads up.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

pumeco ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 6:02 AM

Same here, what Netherworks said.

Also, normally I'd be inclined to support them and thank them for the freebie through buying the official DAZ morph bundle like I did with V4, but on this occasion I'm not going to.

When they launched Genesis, it was marketed in such a way that it supposedly removed the concern about future compatibility.  I'm glad I didn't spend money on the official morph bundles for Genesis, because excellent as they are, they are already obsolete.

So yup, downloaded it but I doubt I'll use it, I'll stick with V4.2 when it comes to DAZ figures!

dlfurman ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 7:23 AM

Yes, thank you for the heads up.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 8:07 AM

Quote - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-6

!! YAY

Until Sunday 29th~

o.0

I do not even use dazStudio but...just in case....

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

LouisCross ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 8:23 AM · edited Sat, 28 June 2014 at 8:29 AM

Even with an emty cart, I always get the error Maximum 1 allowed.

The next steps where a textbook example of how to make something very simple extremely complicated.

jestmart ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 10:43 AM

The max error is the result of trying to buy something when the store doesn't have you logged in.  Log out then log in to the store, put any other item in your cart then open your cart.  The original item that was giving the error should be in the cart along with the new item, if the new item isn't anything you wanted you can remove it before heading to check-out.

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 10:43 AM · edited Sat, 28 June 2014 at 10:46 AM

Quote - Even with an emty cart, I always get the error Maximum 1 allowed.

The next steps where a textbook example of how to make something very simple extremely complicated.

I had the same issue .... for me a fix was, to just add another random product into to cart. The V6 thingy appeard in the cart now as well. I later then removed the random added product.

.... how weird thigs can sometimes be.

So, yea ... add me to list of free-looters as well. =)

edit .. x-post with jestmart.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 10:51 AM · edited Sat, 28 June 2014 at 10:53 AM

just a side note for newbies, V6 requires the 'Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials'

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 11:05 AM

Quote - just a side note for newbies, V6 requires the 'Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials'

Can someone tell me where on DAZ this is located? I've been paging thru for some time now and can find lots of add-ons but not the base genesis 2...

Medzinatar ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 11:09 AM

Quote - > Quote - just a side note for newbies, V6 requires the 'Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials'

Can someone tell me where on DAZ this is located? I've been paging thru for some time now and can find lots of add-ons but not the base genesis 2...

In the case of this "purchase" of V6, the starter essentials are automatically put into your product library.

If you previously obtained DS, they are already in your product library as part of installl bundle

LouisCross ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 11:16 AM

Ha, stranger it gets. LOL.

I was logged in, I had to log out !

Then I could add V6 to the cart, and then log in again during the checkout.

LouisCross ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 11:22 AM

Now next question :

Where is the manual on how to get this to work in Poser?

Poser does not eat nor drink : daf, def, dif, dof, duf, files.

If DS or DSON are required during the process?

The "Del" button is armed and ready.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 11:42 AM

Quote - Now next question :

Where is the manual on how to get this to work in Poser?

Poser does not eat nor drink : daf, def, dif, dof, duf, files.

If DS or DSON are required during the process?

The "Del" button is armed and ready.

It's a character morph and texture set for the Genesis 2 Female base figure, so if you don't use DS4 or the DSON importer for Poser, then you are wasting your time.

Sabby ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 11:57 AM

You need DSON to use it, Genesis in Poser is very similar to V4 in Poser once you have everything installed in the correct places. The only issue I ever had with it was remembering to reselect Genesis when applying multiple pieces of clothing. 

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

Sabby ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 12:00 PM

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_importer_usage/tutorials/using_dson_importer/start

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

Morana ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 12:31 PM

Certainly couldn't say no to free.  :D

lady-morana.deviantart.com

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 12:33 PM

I was just wondering the same thing! :-)

Quote - I got one!  Not sure what I'll do with it but ...  I got one! :)

sandman_max ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 3:29 PM

And this IS WHY i hate THEM!!!  I just paid for it, like 2 days ago! Not much, mind you, but it's the principle of the thing!!  Off to get my money back..

Zev0 ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:05 PM · edited Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:10 PM

Just a heads up, the only people who are offered it free are those who have not bought any Genesis 2 content (certain content on Daz site as they cannot track Gen2 content sales on others) or have not yet started using Genesis2. It is a targeted promotion to get those people on board and is not available for all. If you did not get the notification from them, it is not free for you.

My Renderosity Store

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:26 PM

Quote - Just a heads up, the only people who are offered it free are those who have not bought any Genesis 2 content (certain content on Daz site as they cannot track Gen2 content sales on others) or have not yet started using Genesis2. It is a targeted promotion to get those people on board and is not available for all. If you did not get the notification from them, it is not free for you.

That's not true Zev0. I've been buying Genesis 1 and 2 content and I also just got V6 for free. There was a banner ad at the top of their web page yesterday that says its in celebration of V6's one-year "birthday". I didn't get an e-mail about it. I've bought the morph sets for G2F and G2M and legacy shapes for G2F and M. 

I was about to buy M6 today as he was on sale all week, and of course today - when I have the money for him - he isn't. So I have to wait again. I doubt he'll get a free birthday give-away. That would be like November or so anyway. 

~Shane

Zev0 ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:30 PM · edited Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:39 PM

Ofcourse the system is not 100% but this thread explains the motivation. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/42966/

My Renderosity Store

DustRider ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:46 PM · edited Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:48 PM

Actually this is a new offer.

The thread here explains the offer being talked about in this thread, which is different than the original targeted V4 for free that the thread you linked to talks about.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

jestmart ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:47 PM

The targeted offer caused a lot of complaints from customers that have used and bought G2F products.  The last page of the thread Zev0 linked to has a link that explains the new offer.

Zev0 ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 5:57 PM

Yes, so it is free now to everybody it seems. But before it was a targeted promotion.

My Renderosity Store

Suucat ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2014 at 7:02 PM

Got her, dont know why but i got her :p

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 6:44 AM

Get back to me when the g-things work natively in Poser.....

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 6:53 AM

Quote - And this IS WHY i hate THEM!!!  I just paid for it, like 2 days ago! Not much, mind you, but it's the principle of the thing!!  Off to get my money back..

WHen I used to buy a lot from them they were good about giving a refund (store credit) if a sale occurred right after buying. Mind you I had to call them by phone.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 8:32 AM

1998 TrueSpace was $400.00+ ,today it's free.

Blenders been free for a long time ,people still buy other all purpose apps.

A DAZ V6 thread on this forum is destined to be locked.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Zev0 ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 8:41 AM

Why would it be locked? It's not like we comparing it to other figures eg this vs that. Those are the ones that get heated very quickly.

My Renderosity Store

sandman_max ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 9:26 AM

Quote - > Quote - And this IS WHY i hate THEM!!!  I just paid for it, like 2 days ago! Not much, mind you, but it's the principle of the thing!!  Off to get my money back..

WHen I used to buy a lot from them they were good about giving a refund (store credit) if a sale occurred right after buying. Mind you I had to call them by phone.

LOL!  This is my backup plan... but hopefully it won't come to that.  They've been good about refunds in the past and it's not like I actually want money back - it will go right out again to get another Genesis 2 product and that's they really want - happy new Genesis 2 users.

sandman_max ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 9:31 AM

Quote - Get back to me when the g-things work natively in Poser.....

Actually, it's quite easy to get a native Genesis (1 or 2) for Poser, but you'll have to embrace DAZ Studio long enough to load Genesis up and save it back out as a cr2 file.   The other cool thing I discovered is that all DAZ scenes save as duf files, so DSON will load a complete DAZ scene into Poser.  The biggest advantage of this is morphing Genesis and then using DAZ Auto-fit for clothes.  Save it, load it into Poser.  No messing around trying to conform it or run weight-mapped stuff through the Fitting room.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 9:50 AM

Quote - Yes, so it is free now to everybody it seems. But before it was a targeted promotion.

come on ... ¿is so difficult  say?

"I did not know" not "what I thought was wrong"

"....Nobility is to accept the mistakes of others, and to recognize when we are wrong..."

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 9:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - Get back to me when the g-things work natively in Poser.....

Actually, it's quite easy to get a native Genesis (1 or 2) for Poser, but you'll have to embrace DAZ Studio long enough to load Genesis up and save it back out as a cr2 file.   The other cool thing I discovered is that all DAZ scenes save as duf files, so DSON will load a complete DAZ scene into Poser.  The biggest advantage of this is morphing Genesis and then using DAZ Auto-fit for clothes.  Save it, load it into Poser.  No messing around trying to conform it or run weight-mapped stuff through the Fitting room.

I'm interested in this, I made a character in DAZ 4.5 and I want to take it to Poser pose it , light it and render there (P2012),

¿you could tell me where I get a guide to convert that Daz  character in Poser Native ?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 3:59 PM

Thanks-I was just going to ask.....

I took the plunge and bought V5 and various morphs and clothing sets for use in Poser when she came out-with mixed success. Hopefully the starter essentials are free!

Quote - just a side note for newbies, V6 requires the 'Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials'

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:08 PM

I cannot seem to find Genesis 2 base! Where? Previously, I had Genesis and applied V5 as a morph. Is there a Base Genesis 2 character? Searching for Genesis 2 only shows Products FOR Genesis 2 not the base mesh.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:32 PM

Quote - I cannot seem to find Genesis 2 base! Where? Previously, I had Genesis and applied V5 as a morph. Is there a Base Genesis 2 character? Searching for Genesis 2 only shows Products FOR Genesis 2 not the base mesh.

I allready had V6 so didn't get the free one
but I think the genesis base mesh 2 comes with the freeV6.

I know Genesis 2 base meshes comes with DAZ Studio.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:35 PM · edited Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:40 PM

There is not a Genesis base mesh 2 .obj
So you half to have DAZ tech DAZ Studio/DSON to use her.

or to export a .obj version of her for app's like Blender zBrush etc etc

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:40 PM

file_505367.jpg

> Quote - I cannot seem to find Genesis 2 base! Where? Previously, I had Genesis and applied V5 as a morph. Is there a Base Genesis 2 character? Searching for Genesis 2 only shows Products FOR Genesis 2 not the base mesh.

Click on the content library on the left side of your screen. Make sure 'Smart Content' is the tab selected and click on figures. Genesis 2 male and female should both be listed there. If not, they should be available in your account's product library on DAZ's site.

~Shane

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 4:41 PM

Found it! G2 was added as a DL to Product Library under My Account.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2014 at 5:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - "Get back to me when the g-things work natively in Poser....."

You don't have to have daz studio installed to get a functioning native G2 figure in Poser. You do have to have DSON installed tho. Long enough to bring over the figure and save it back out. The process requires some digging in and customizing but you only have to do it once. Here's one of JoePublic's threads on how to go about it: 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2874695&page=1

~Shane

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:30 PM · edited Mon, 30 June 2014 at 1:34 PM

for non-genesis owners: total download of all items should be ~ 1.16 GB, in case they extend freebie period.  

Direwrath ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 3:38 PM

I picked her up, although I always fall back to my Gen 4 figures I was interested in the Gia morphs for her.  Got M6 a few weeks ago for a decent price so I wasn't targeted at first but to be honest now that I have the V6 part down I will probably invest more money into her then initially planned.

But as always M4/V4 stuff comes first and foremost. ;)

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2014 at 8:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Get back to me when the g-things work natively in Poser.....

One can create a Genesis 1 or 2 cr2 within Poser by saving  a cr2 to the Poser Library, exporting an .obj with the desired uv set and editing the cr2 to point to the exported cr2. 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2874212

I'll have to try the scene method to bring in converted clothing; that's very clever! 👍

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 1:03 AM

I missed it by one dratted day!

Didn't see this post in time. :(

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 8:21 AM

Quote -
I'll have to try the scene method to bring in converted clothing; that's very clever!

There is a small tutorial over at DeviantArt outlining the details.  Not at my own computer ATM to check if I have an actual link.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 3:50 PM

Quote - I missed it by one dratted day!

Didn't see this post in time. :(

The offer has been extended for a bit, so for now it's still free.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.